Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Slice of Paradise [Goblin]

Started by Juno, May 27, 2013, 12:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Waves lapped gently at the shore. He could hear it. The rhythmic lull of the tide was something he lived with and lived for. It was part of him and he a part of it. It was the heartbeat of earth and a bond he never wished to be broken.

It was peaceful, serene, and so quiet on his little section of beach. The sun was bright as it beat down upon him, yet still pleasant as he lay against a small group of rocks smoothed by the waters of time.

With his head turned he stared out at the water, watching as the waves slowly rolled in. There were seabirds above calling to one another on their daily search for food. This was his own little slice of paradise, a place to sunbathe and relax, a place to forget about all the little niggling worries in his thoughts. Today was his day, and it would be a day of peace, of naps in the sun and some lazy swimming. Purely content, he stretched his arms high as his mouth opened in a wide yawn that pleasantly cracked his jaw and neck.

GoblinFae

Her breath came quickly but, she tried to keep each one even as her feet pounded along the uneven terrain. She was glad to have this break in her work to leave the mainland and take this vacation here on Yoreiq. It was the only place where The Runner's Society did not serve the public and Jypsei relished the opportunity to have her own obstacle course without having to compete with a fellow runner.

The terrain on the isles was versatile, perfect for training in different elements and environments while all in one place. For Jypsei who had been recently injured and placed on a hold to rest and recover, it was heaven. Granted, she was definitely going to get into quite a storm of trouble once she returned back to headquarters as her leave had never been fully approved, at least not to where she had ended up going. Headquarters liked to keep close tabs all of its runners, even those that were on temporary leave, such as young Danzer.

Bursting out of the jungle and onto the beach, Jypsei did not even stomp to adjust her footing as her boots slid in the warm sand. She was so focused on her running in fact, she did not even notice figure laying out in the sand until she tripped over him and went sprawling out in the sand perpendicular to the man. A pained groan escaped her lips as she laid there, trying to catch her breath and quell the pain of her injury flaring up again.

"Stupid log," she growled, mistaking what she had tripped over.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Settling down and letting himself sink into the sand, he was unbothered by the sounds around him. In fact, he took them all in as a form of relaxation, to listen to the sounds of the island. His hearing didn't extend quite far enough to hear her approach, though, until it was far too late.

Opening an eye just as he felt a sharp kick to his ribs as she tripped on him, he groaned at the sharp, unexpected pain and ended up rolling onto his side as she fell to avoid her boot digging further into tender skin. Thoroughly startled, though, he sat up quickly to assess the seemingly stealthy woman laying face down in the sand.

Tilting his head to the side, words slowly came from his mouth in his distinctively mixed accent, "You're not hurt, are you?" A hand came to touch at his side, pressing lightly to test for anything broken on himself, though he was pleased that nothing pained him so.

GoblinFae

Coughing and spitting out sand, Jypsei was not aware of what had tripped her until it spoke. She gasped nearly chocking on the remaining sand in her mouth even as she attempted to surge to her feet. A sharp, shooting pain that raced up her newly healed leg sent her sprawling once more though.

With wide eyes she backed away. "It's a talking log," the runner muttered as her eyes darted about before resting on the "log" that had tripped her up. Realizing that it was not a log but in fact a man only served to embarrass her and make her angry. Her lips pursed tightly as she glared ahead.

"What the hell do you think you were doing laying out in the sand like that? Trying to get me killed, you lazy bum? Honestly," she huffed rolling her eyes while she struggled pitifully to regain her footing. Her leg was having none of it though especially in the ever-shifting sand.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Listening to her mutterings, it was difficult for him not to chuckle at her misfortune. He could only assume that she was having a very, very bad day to think that a log would actually be talking to her. Her quick turn to lash out at him verbally, though, startled him and had the shy man immediately averting his gaze. It was hard not to noticing her floundering and struggling, though, as she kicked up more and more sand to dig herself a hole on the beach.

Standing up gingerly to get out of the way of the stuff being slung around, Kanoa brushed himself off as he pondered her "insults" as he saw them. "I wasn't trying to get you killed," he said, a bit disturbed that that was her first thought of him, though he didn't quite understand the flexible meaning of the phrase. "I was just sunbathing like I always do. This is...my beach," he said, motioning out towards the wide expanse of sand and trees far ahead of her. "Why do you...think I'm a bum?" he asked curiously. It didn't even dawn on him to offer her help as she flailed about. In fact, he genuinely feared she might purposefully hit him if she got the chance.

GoblinFae

"Of course you didn't," she growled sarcastically from her place on the ground, glaring up at his towering figure. "So you own this whole beach? Like I'm going to believe that. No one owns a beach. No one claims ownership on a beach. How stupid do you think me? And you are a bum! Lazin' about, making people get hurt, not even apologizing for the trouble you've called, and on top of that not even offering help!"

Jypsei howled in frustration and threw the first thing she got her hands on in his direction as hard as she could. The something turned out to be a stick that landed with a dull thump at her feet as it was too ungainly to have traveled far given her place on the ground. She shook her head angrily and focused once more on trying to get herself back on her feet. The runner still had not really seen the stranger's appearance for what it was as she was too blind with her ranting to pay much attention to the "bum."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"No, not ownership," he protested, frustrated with the lack of understanding between himself and the very pissed off woman on the ground. Flinching at her accusations and the sight of the stick she'd thrown but failed to make contact with him, Kanoa cautiously stepped around her so that he could stand in front of her and out of range of her kicking feet. "I'm sorry that you tripped over me, but I don't know how you didn't see me there," he said, scratching at his head a bit, still confused about why she would even want an apology from him at all.

"Look," he sighed, crouching onto the balls of his feet as he extended a wary arm to her. "Here. Please let me help you up, I never meant for you or anyone else to fall over me. Honest... And I really didn't mean that I owned the beach." He smiled nervously there, unsure how he might wipe the slate clean between them with her so upset over even the way he had said something. "I just... This is one of the places I stay a lot. A lot of the locals know that I'm out here. They generally don't mind, but... I can go find somewhere else to be if it bothers you that much."

GoblinFae

She growled, smacking his hand away as she finally awkwardly pulled herself up to her knees and then weakly to her feet. Her lame leg bent at the knee slightly so that she was placing all of her weight on the other side.

"I don't care what you do," she huffed shaking her head with a sneer. "Just keep out of my way! I have enough troubles without you causing more for me." Her breath heaved within her breast as she wiped furiously at her jaw to wipe away tiny grains of sand that had stuck to the sheen of sweat upon her face.

Jypsei shook her head again and mumble under her breath how unbelievable she found the entire situation all the while cursing and blaming the strange-looking man for his part in her humiliating fall and bruised pride.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He was confused about her continued frustration with him. In his eyes, he'd done all she'd complained that he wasn't doing before: apologizing and offering to help her. Now she was smacking him, pushing him away to do it on her own, and it was an odd feeling to have now that he felt unnecessary.

"Alright, I'll keep out of your way," he assured her, stepping away to head further down the beach closer to the water's edge. If she wished to wipe her hands of him, then he had no reason to continue to hold her attention. "You take care!" he called with a friendly wave as he settled himself to sit in the sand and gaze out at the water.

GoblinFae

"You do that!" she barked, trying to stomp her way down to the beach. Reflexively she added, "thank you," before she could stop herself. "Damn it!" Jypsei cursed as her feet gave out from under her in the soft sand.

Grumpily she half-dragged, half-crawled her way to the water's edge and firmer sand where she could wet her hands and splash cool water on her face and neck. The runner could not believe how angry the crazy log had made her. After all how dare he ruin her training. How else could she be expected to return to fit enough shape to work if she was constantly interrupted? It simply was not fair.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Trying to ignore the sounds of struggle behind him, Kanoa couldn't help but peer at her from the corner of his eye as she came closer and started what he thought was some crazed, seawater-drinking action. He was confused about what she was doing, most seemed to understand that you don't drink the water, but then he realized she was just splashing herself down with it.

"You know," he called to her teasingly. "It's going to be difficult for me to keep away from you if you're just going to follow me."

GoblinFae

Jypsei glared, hating that she was being teased. "Oh just shut-up you big freak! You can always leave any time you like." She let out a sound of exasperation, splashing the water harder and wincing as it stung her eyes. It was all its fault anyway. The more she thought about it the angrier she got until she was surging to her feet and limping down the beach towards the "log."

"Listen you, I know what this is all about. I'm just some tourist here for your amusement. I'm actually trying to do something. I have a job. I have a livelihood and your little prank or whatever you want to call it, threatens everything. So just stay out of my way, you got that!?" she shouted, punctuating her point with a poke to his chest.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

She certainly had spark, he had to give her that. Kanoa stared with open curiosity as she fussed and hollered, distractedly trying to remember the last time a human had yelled at him so and the occasion: a mistake of theft a long time ago. "What is it you're trying to do?" he finally asked, not bothered and completely unmoved by the rude gesture of her poking and pointing at him. "I'm afraid I don't really see what running on a beach will accomplish. Are you running away from someone, perhaps?" he guessed.

GoblinFae

For several long moments, Jypsei could do nothing more than sputter unintelligible cursies before she was once more able to regain her composure if only slightly. "Running away?! Do you know nothing you simpleton?" She postured herself so that she stood at her full height, her chest puffed out in indignation at having to deal with an uppity local.

"I am a messager runner for The Runner's Society. Not that you would understand but running is my life and livelihood and thanks to you my morning is completely ruined! Hope you're happy now!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He was unfazed and not intimidated by the smaller human's antics. She seemed overly aggressive, but he had yet to see a reason for her anger and frustration with him. "Yeah, I've never heard of that," the dragon admitted. "Though that does sound like a very tiring way to live. And for a human no less."

Kanoa's eyes flickered briefly, looking her over as he wondered how a female human could make a living by running. It seemed entirely illogical. "Does your mate run as well, then?" he guessed, not able to think of a reason she might do such a thing of her own accord.

GoblinFae

"Mate?" she hissed acidly before letting out an aggravated growl. "As if I would limit myself in such a mediocre manner. I don't have a mate and I run alone. But don't think for one second I can't take you on just because I'm some human woman. I've got my eye on you freak. You're not pulling a fast one on me anytime soon, you got that?" Jypsei screeched in his face while jabbing him in the chest with her forefinger.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He frowned for the way she continued to yell and posture. He stared at the finger that was touching him and took a slow step back to avoid it. "It was just a question, no need to be so defensive. You should be nicer when you're trespassing, you know. You're the stranger here and I don't think the locals would take it well if they knew you were harassing me," he warned her, the threat entirely empty because he was certain nobody would want to interfere with a dragon's quarrel when they already did their best to give him a wide berth.

"And you should be more careful of who you make those kinds of threats to. You're lucky I don't care enough to fight with you. Now go on, shoo," he dismissed, waving his hand to direct her further up the beach.

GoblinFae

She gasped and sputtered, completely aghast at his daring to shoo her. "I am not an animal, you can't treat me like this! You can't just shoo me away like some naughty cat! I am a human being and deserve respect same as everyone else!" Jypsei made a cry of disgust, spinning on her heel to leave him. But she did not leave soon enough before she was casting one last barb his way, "as if you could fight me. Bet you couldn't even catch me."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

It seemed odd for a human to be picking a fight with an unknown creature. Kanoa had never announced what he was to her but he doubted that the information would give her any pause now. "A fight with me would probably kill you," he spoke, quite sure of himself but holding no real threat to her. He did not wish to fight as much as she seemed so willing for it.

"I'm certainly faster than you, I wouldn't press your luck. You never know when you might actually need my help," he warned her, eyes wide and blinking as he stared after the strange little human. "Hopefully you've at least learned to look where you're going from now on."

GoblinFae

"Don't bet on it!" she shouted back to him without turning to look. "Fool," Jypsei continued, muttering to herself as she tiredly limped further down the beach, "thinking that a TRS runner could ever beat. Even injured and healing I'd still always win. Islanders," she huffed grouchily, kicking out at some driftwood angrily. "Fools, the lot of them! Good riddance! Like I ned that kind of idiocy in my life, thinking he can best me and cause me trouble. Lounging about like worthless slug, causing me trouble. I swear if I see him again," the woman threatened privately before letting out a sound of disgust and frustration.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Tags: