Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Second Chances

Started by visualspice, May 27, 2013, 07:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Yes, I'll be fine," she replied, shuffling beneath the weight of his gaze. But she didn't look up, and moved to start to eat her soup slowly, once again.

OOC: SHort post |8*
from the short post-a-bus 8D
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

ooc: BEEP BEEP! 8D

Alexander looked at her, seeming to consider her, then shrugged and downed the rest of his ale. He was concerned about her--couldn't help it, damn his bleeding heart and "fix it" mentality--but it was hard to diagnose a solution when you didn't know the problem. And he wasn't about to force someone to open up, nor force someone to accept help they didn't want--or possibly didn't even need. His concern didn't trump her right to feel comfortable, and she was just a woman while he was a rather large, strange man.

She had every right to feel wary of him. There was no way she could know his intentions, and he had no way of knowing her history.

He decided to change the subject.

"So, how long are you staying in town?" he asked, just making conversation.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

OOC: X3

---------
When the conversation had grown quiet, she felt a bit guilty for it. She was normally never like this. Infact, she liked to entertain and make others smile. But times were different, times were tough, and before she had a chance to reply to him, a familiar man swathed in dark attire stepped into the room, and her spoon fell into her bowl. She was surprised she hadn't pissed herself. It was one of her brother's trusted scouts.
And he was here. And she knew he was hunting after her.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

The clatter of the spoon dropping into a bowl got Alexander's attention and he glanced over at the girl, and then looked sidelong at the door where a new man had entered.

Dressed all in dark clothing, it wasn't hard to put the pieces together.

Why did assassin sorts always stand out so much? No matter, that wasn't the important issue here. The important issue was he was fairly sure he knew who was making this girl frightened as a hare.

The man had walked passed them and headed to the bar, where he was speaking to the barkeep, back turned to them. Alexander nudged the girl's foot under the table to get her attention. "That your trouble?" he whispered, and set his empty mug aside, casually so as not to draw attention.

He gave a meaningful glance. "My home's not far from here."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

At his question, Kella nodded meekly. She could't let herself be seen. But at his comment, her eyes met to his, both worry and fear for herself, and for him, filling her eyes.
"It would be too dangerous for you," she warned him in nothing more than a whisper. "I.. I have to go." ANd she slowly moved to rise, an action that caught the very attention of the man she was trying to deter. And she froze instantly beneath the man's gaze. Oh no! Did he recognize her!?

Rhindeer

Alexander jumped to his feet and wrapped an arm around the girl's shoulders as though to support her.

"Careful there, Jon," he warned, and with a hearty laugh, he smacked her on the back, right between the shoulders. "I warned you not to drink so much. Here, let's get you out before you make a mess all over these nice peoples' tables. Get you home, get some bread in you, hopefully soak it all up before the headache kicks in..."

He flipped a coin onto the table, a tip for the barmaid, and pulled the girl along as he headed outside. "Kid like you hasn't got the beer belly for this kind of drinking yet," he said, shaking his head. "But I'll give you props for the effort."

visualspice

Kella was stunned, left frozen by the man's actions. She grit her teeth at their close proximity, flinching not because of the fear of the hunter any longer, for the pair of them were already being lead outside, but for Alexander's life. One touch to her skin.. and his life could be sucked right out of him. She waited a few paces though, trying to catch her breath before turning to him and looked at him squarely in the eye.

"Thank you for the distraction, but you must be careful," and she hesitated, not sure how to explain what she meant, but blinked back a few tears and looked away. "I.. I should be on my way. It is too dangerous here," she whispered, moving to pull away from him, when her boots slipped in the mud, now slick with fallen leaves, as she let out a gasp and clutched onto him out of reflex. But then her eyes widened as she jerked away, releasing her grip quickly, her heart racing a mile a minute. Thank the gods for her leather gloves, and that they were thick and reached up well over the elbow on her arm.

"I'm.. I'm sorry I-" but she knew not what to say. He was only trying to help, but in helping her, he put himself in danger..a nd in more ways than one.

Rhindeer

As the girl slipped and grabbed for him, Alexander reached out to support her around the waist, only letting go once she'd gotten her footing again. "Careful there," he warned, a hint of amusement in his eyes. She had warned him to be careful, and yet the poor thing was the one most in need of caution and help.

Not understanding what she was truly afraid of, he continued on. "Don't worry about me, because I'm not worried about someone like that. Now listen." He turned to look at her, frowning. "You are in no state to be out here right now, especially not with the likes of him looking for you. I don't know what kind of trouble you're in or what got him dogging you, but I do know that right now you have everything to lose if you set off on your own right now."

Out of the corner of his eye, he caught sight of the scout as he exited, and with a hand on the girl's gloved forearm, he put his back to the man and pulled her along. He kept his voice low. "You've got a stalker tailing you, the air smells of rain, night's coming, and you're scared as a mouse. I won't make you do anything. But I can't in good conscience let you go without advising you at least consider it. Just for a night. Give you time to regroup, warm your bones, maybe shake this fellow."

He glanced at her. "I don't know you or what happened, girl. But you seem decent. I don't want you getting hurt."

visualspice

Kella visibly pouted. She was at a loss of what to do, but with the scout friend of her brother's right behind them, she felt she had little options. Swallowing the knot in her throat, she nodded her head.
"M-maybe," she said softly. "But only for the night." ANd she waited for him to lead the way, while leaning into him, trying to keep herself as inconspicuous as possible and although the other man's eyes lingered upon the pair, he paid them no heed in that moment.

Rhindeer

"Only for the night," Alexander agreed, relaxing as she consented. Thank Ansgar. If she refused and left on her own, he didn't know what he'd do. It just didn't sit right with him, and he hated the idea of someone getting hurt or worse when he could have prevented it--even if it was their choice. And this poor thing was pulling on his heartstrings something fierce. There was clear strength in her beneath the fear, and he'd liked her smile, for the brief moment he'd seen it.

He didn't know why she was running, but he'd seen the faces of many an unsavory person, and reckoned himself a good judge of character. She just didn't seem bad.

Walking with her, still pretending to guide a drunken friend home, it wasn't too long before they reached his humble home, and in good time, too, for it had just begun to drizzle. He lead the way up to his door and ushered her inside, then grabbed a flint and lit some candles to light up the room.

His home wasn't a big one, only consisted of a few small but cozy rooms--the main room, with its hearth, a room for storage, and his bedroom. There were a few small windows, but they were currently shuttered against the weather. Alexander headed further inside to light the hearth for warmth. "Make yourself at home."

visualspice

OOC: Only for the night! OH HO HO >:D
Sorry, couldn't resist XD
-----------------

Kella remained quiet, her blue eyes taking in the room as she lifted a gloved hand to remove the hood from upon her head. Now without tunneled visions from the hood, she was able to get a better look at things and she smiled. The place seemed nice and cozy, definitely a place well for a widow like himself. She noticed he kept it rather tidy, and there was a pleasant smile upon the place, though at his words of 'make yourself at home' she paused to look around, shifting uneasily and not sure quite what to do with herself. But she was thankful to be out of the weather, and... away from her brother's friend.

It was a horrible feeling, to be hunted like a dog, and after a time, she wiped her boots off upon the small throw rug beside the door before taking a seat beside a small table and chair set.
"So is it just you who lives here?"s he inquired, peering around at the room again.

Rhindeer

ooc: >8D VURRY RISQUE~!

"Just me," Alexander said as he kicked his boots off by the door. With a chuckle, he gave her a wry look. "Is it that obvious?"

Though the place was indeed kept very clean, for Nura had trained him well, and he had needed it after an early life spent soldiering. Now it was simply habit.

As she took a seat, Alexander stepped closer to her and held out a hand. "Can I take your cloak for you? It'll get warmer in here, I promise! No sense staying in that wet thing. And is there anything I can get you? You hardly touched your food, so you've gotta be hungry. And," he added with a knowing smile, "you're going to need your strength for whatever journey you're bound and determined to make."

visualspice

Kella was staring at him, doe eyed for a time. A small smile graced her lips at his reply, and she cast her blue eyes bashfully towards the table.
"Perhaps a little," she admitted, but when he approached and offered a hand back, she flinched back, gripping tightly to her cloak. "N-no.. I'll, I'll be fine with it on. I'd rather.. rather not." And she frowned, staring at the hand and looked away to stare at the ground now through long lashes.

But then she fidgeted, grew awkward and tucked back her hair from her face.
"I... well, if it's not too much trouble," she began, quietly. "I could use something to eat."

Rhindeer

"My apologies," Alexander said, letting his hand drop and feeling a little sheepish as he started to see things from her perspective.

Oh, goodness...er, hopefully she didn't think he was trying to get fresh with her? He realized then that this...was perhaps a very uncomfortable situation for her for reasons beyond being hunted. Here she was, a young solitary woman, alone with him, an older and rather burly retired soldier, in his home. He knew his own intentions here, but she of course had no way of knowing they were entirely pure. Erk. Well, best be extra careful so as not to spook the poor thing more.

So he didn't let the awkwardness hang there long. Instead, he smiled, stepped back, and turned to go fetch her some food. "It's no trouble at all, miss. If it was, I wouldn't offer," he told her with a wink.

And so he fetched her what he had--a bowl of pottage from the hearth, made earlier that day and still hot. He had banked the fire before he'd left for the tavern, not wanting to risk any accidents, and he hadn't been gone long.

He fetched her a heel of bread and an apple and set it on the table for her, before fetching her a cup of ale to go with it. It was watered down ale, not like what was served at the tavern, but after drinking bad water in the military and nearly dying from the fever, he didn't trust water.

"There we go. Sorry I don't have more--I really need to go to market."

visualspice

Kella watched him, then cast her eyes towards the table when he conceded to let her keep her cloak, in whch she loosened her grip upon. It was only then, with knuckles still white, she released a breath she didn't know she had been holding and then raised her blue eyes to watch him work. When the drink and porridge came, she stared at them through her lashes and whispered, "Thank you." Then at his last comment, she smiled up at him. "Do not worry about it, I am grateful for your help. Finding a place to stay on my travels south is more than I could ask for. The fact you're being so kind and offering me food is enough. I shall be fine with this until tomorrow." ANd she smiled a little towards him, then slowly began to eat, taking careful spoonfuls into her mouth, and eating with all the proper airs of a lady, even if she was a little hunched.

Rhindeer

OOC: ...lol. Just realized I wrote "hell of bread" instead of "heel". xD THAT MUST BE SOME BREAD.

Alexander got himself a cup of ale and joined her at the table, sitting across from her. "Well, in the meantime, if there's anything else you need--provisions, for example--I can see what I can do about that. We have a good market here, and I need to visit it tomorrow anyway, so maybe you could come with me."

He took a sip of ale. "I just noticed you aren't carrying anything on you, so it might be wise to pack a few things. The way you're going, there might not be any towns for a ways, so you'll want to be prepared. Unless," he said, smile turning teasing, "you plan on hunting for your meals and sleeping in hollow trees?"

visualspice

Kella stared up at him, her eyes large and questioning before glancing down to her lap.
"I hadn't the time to properly prepare," she said, shifting uncomfortable. "I had to leave Reajh as soon as I could." She looked down through her lashes. "It just wasn't safe there, nor here... or anywhere here, I'm afraid." She sighed. "I could not ask you to trouble yourself. I haven't the coin on me to really pay you for supplies." She told him in earnest, looking up worriedly from where she sat.

Though at his mention of hunting, she smiled, but only a little before averting his gaze, looking dwn at her lap where her gloved hands fidgeted

"No.. I'm afraid I am not so good at hunting. So far, I've managed to eat off of whatever scraps I could procure along the way.. and.." she held a breath, knowing she only had a few gold left on her person.
"With the little bit of money I do have..." she didn't want to admitt at first she had any coin but... well, he didn't seem the type to wish to steal a poor girl's coin.
"Though my money has almost but run out."

Rhindeer

"Can a lady really a trouble a man if he invited her? And if he planned on going to that place regardless of whether she went or not?" Alexander asked with an amused smile. He set his ale down and shook his head.

"It's no trouble, miss, really. If it was too troublesome, I wouldn't ask at all. Besides, you'd be doing me a favor more than anything--I'm terrible at shopping, always forgetting things, always getting distracted by the pretty ladies, always running my mouth gossiping instead of focusing on the task." He winked. "If you can keep me in line and make sure I get the things I need, you can consider whatever help I've given you paid back in full."

Resting back in his chair, he added, "That's the only payment I ask."

visualspice

Kella blushed at his comment and went awkward and silent.
"Yes.." she said, her smile still small, her cheeks still pink. "I suppose I could help with that."

Rhindeer

Alexander's smile brightened. Was that a blush he saw there? Her hood obscured her face still, but he thought he saw a hint of pink, and he couldn't help but think that what he'd seen of her was very pretty--pretty enough that it felt silly now that he'd assumed she was a boy.

"Thank you, dear!" he said, and finished off his ale. That should do it for the night. Any more and he might start to feel it. "Of course, if you'd rather not, I understand. And no hard feelings if you decide to slip off in the night--you're not a prisoner!" he said with a chuckle. "It's just, well, times being what they are, I think we could all be a little kinder to one another."

He rose to his feet and pushed in his chair. "I'll get your bed ready. You can take my bed and!" He held up a finger as though expecting protest. "Before you say anything, it's not an issue. Isn't proper for a lady to sleep on the floor."

Tags: