Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Second Chances

Started by visualspice, May 27, 2013, 07:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The moment she was swarmed by the chicks and the fat old hen, she gasped and nearly dropped the basket. Thankfully, her legs were hidden behind enough clothing the animals could not touch her- and after relaxing some, she found herself smiling.

"So do I just.. sprinkle some of this down there for them?" she inquire, turning towards Alexander, a sparkle glowing across her clear blue eyes. The little fuzzy chicks kept peeping by her feet in a small sea of of yellow fluff and cuteness

"I've never fed chickens before," she said, with ablush.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"Never?" Alexander repeated, holding back laughter. That much was fairly obvious! He didn't mean to laugh, but the poor girl looked so out of place, which made him wonder: who was she?

Any village girl would know how to tend chickens and other common, domestic animals. That was a basic skill. That she acted surprised at the mere sight of them...

"Oh, it's easy! No real talent required," he said with an amused grin. Stepping closer to her, he reached into the basket, took a handful of feed, and tossed it out for the hens. "Just like that. I'd suggest sprinkling it out and away from you if you don't want them scrambling over your feet for their dinner. Just make sure to spread it out so they can all get to it, don't want them to have to shove each other around to get at it."

Seeing the chicks had been pushed out by the hens, he took another handful to show her, sprinkling down a little line of feed in the opposite direction of the hens. Then he bent down and scooped up some of the chicks to put them over by it. Picking up the last straggler, he paused and looked at her. "They're pretty cute when they're little, huh?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Kella's eyes danced at the sight of the little chick in his hand. It looked so soft and she wondered how it felt, but she dare not touch it- even if it's fluffy feathers might protect it from her touch- she feared something so simple could kill something so small.

"They're adorable," she said, eyes dancing before she looked up at him. "Though I suppose most babes are." Casting her eyes back towards the chick, she kept her hands to herself, even as she inwardly wanted to pet and hold the little thing.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Alexander's grin grew as Kella watched the little chick. Even though she hadn't tried to touch it, he had an inkling that she wanted to--because who wouldn't? There was nothing more precious than baby animals, except human babies, and no one could resist a fluffy little chick. But if she hadn't even fed chickens, perhaps she hadn't been around many animals to begin with--that, and the poor girl just seemed shy in general.

He had a feeling she wouldn't ask to pet the chick even if she wanted to.

Holding the chirping fluffy creature out to her, he smiled. "Wanna hold it while I feed them?" he asked. "They don't bite."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Kella shied away, keeping a hand pressed to her breast as she gaped at the little, adorable cheeping bird.
"I... I couldn't," she said with a shake of her head. "I'd be too afraid to hurt it."
It seemed so delicate. And there was also the issue of her powers....

Rhindeer

Alexander shook his head. "Aw, you won't hurt it. Just don't squeeze the little thing and you'll be okay. Just hold your hands out together and make a little cup. See, like this," he said, cradling the little chick between his large hands so it couldn't jump out.

visualspice

Kella mimicked him, feeling sheepish for doing it with gloves, but was glad he did not question her. And eagerly she held out her hand and tensed when the little chick was given to her, but as she felt it bob around in her palms, her smile broadened and her eyes danced.

"Oh! It's so adorable!" she exclaimed, breathlessly. "Look how it moves! Oh!"

Rhindeer

Alexander grinned at her delight. Yup. He still had it! The best way to a woman's heart was through pretty things and cute things, and since he didn't have the money for pretty things, he usually went with cute. Er. Not that that was relevant here or anything; she was a pretty woman, but he was just helping her! And he had to be old enough to be her father! And she would be gone soon...

But he still couldn't help but smile as he watched her, thinking this was perhaps the least guarded he'd seen her since he'd met her.

And that she had one hell of a beautiful smile.

...Ugh.

He laid out a little more feed while Kella tended the chick and then turned back to her. "See? Not so bad, eh?"

And it was at that moment that the cute little chick pooed right onto Kella's pretty gloves.

visualspice

Kella gasped when the poo went all over her gloves. Her cheeks went pink.
"Oh!" And so as not to mush the feces all over the soft chickling, she - quick as she could, put the chick dwn then looked at her glove.
"I .. I guess I should wash these."
Which, as ironic as it sounded, could put her poor chaperon in very real danger.

Rhindeer

Alexander watched it happen in horror.

"Oh...I..." He grimaced, embarrassed. "I'm very sorry for that! Ah. I suppose I should have warned you, and...well, I suppose it's good you're staying the night."

Putting the chick over with its siblings, he turned to Kella. "Here, why don't you take those off and we'll get them washed. There's a stream not far--I'll go fetch the soap!"

visualspice

Kella blushed at his words and shook her head.
"You do not need to apologize." She offered him a smile, even though it was a nervous one. "But yes... washing them would do well. I need them for travel." ANd protection.

Rhindeer

"They're nice gloves, too," Alexander said with a frown, and sighed. Hopefully they would be able to save them. "Wait right here, I'll be right back!"

And with that said, he headed indoors, and returned shortly after with a small brown bar, that had been used down nearly to the nub. It wasn't fancy soap like he figured nobles had, but it did well enough, a blend he'd gotten from the market that was apparently made from goat's milk. He held it out for Kella to see.

"This should do, and we should be able to save the things before the shit--er, before the mess dries."

visualspice

Kella gave a nod. "Yes, that ought to do just fine." And she stood humbly before him, even if not a bit shy, as she waited for him to guide her to the stream. Well, she had chicken shit on one glove, and a bar of soap remains in the other- she supposed life could be a whole lot worse.

Rhindeer

Alexander gave her a wry smile. "I would offer you my arm, but..." His eyes flicked to her gloves and he grinned and gave a helpless shrug. "Maybe on the walk back."

Leading the way, it didn't take long for them to reach the stream that cut through the area behind his home, a shallow thing that worked decently enough for washing and had a quick enough current that it didn't get smelly. He walked along it for a moment, searching for an ideal spot, and then pointed out a small pool that was decently deep.

"This oughta work," he said, and looked up at her. "If you wanna hand me your gloves, I can handle it for you."

visualspice

Kella blushed at his suggestion and dropped her blue eyes down to the waters.
"N-no. It's alright." She forced a smile. "I can handle it myself. No need to fuss over it, really." ANd daintily, she slipped her glove off of her hand and moved to kneel down beside the stream. She used what Alexander had to offer in the forms of soap, and worked at the glove rather slowly, ensuring most of the chicken poo was gone before rinsing the glove off and shaking out the excess water and turning to him with a small smile.

"I suppose that's that. See? The glove is all clean and good as new." And she presented the soggy glove to him with a dimpled smile.

Rhindeer

As she cleaned the glove, Alexander still felt a little bad for her having to do it. Though, he also realized that was kind of silly. When the men were away, who tended the livestock but the women? Most were used to cleaning up messes like that, and yet he supposed he felt bad because Kella seemed so unused to it. And as she scrubbed the glove, his eyes wandered to her bare hand--and he noticed it was soft and lacked visible calluses.

And why wouldn't they look soft when she wore gloves?

The dots slowly began to connect together, the pieces falling into place. Soft hands, didn't know what to make of common livestock...

This Kella, more than likely, came from a privileged background. A runaway, maybe? And if a privileged person was running from their privileged life...indeed, what would cause them to leave all that behind?

Nothing good.

Kella snapped him from his thoughts when she finished and held up the glove, and his eyes blinked back into focus. Whoops. "Hm? Oh, yes! Much better!" he said, and tried not to chuckle at the way she presented it, as though awaiting his approval. "Now it's just all wet, but if you hang it near the hearth, it shouldn't take long. I suppose if you've anything else that needs washing before your journey, now's the time!"

visualspice

"Oh, but I couldn't inconvenience you any more!" Kella pressed, already feeling terrible for having dragged him out here for just a soiled glove.

Rhindeer

"If it was an inconvenience, I wouldn't have brought it up," Alexander said with a smile. "You don't have to keep fretting about being burdensome, Kella. I wouldn't suggest something I didn't want to do. Honestly, I wish I could help you more."

He paused, glancing past her at the landscape spread out beyond. "It's dangerous out there for a woman on her own. Especially during times like these."

visualspice

At such a question, Kella lowered her head- ashamedly.
She knew this reality quite well. But she had little choice.
"No.. just the gloves should suffice," she told him quietly, eyes remaining dropped and soggy glove in hand.

Rhindeer

Alexander frowned and bent down a little, just enough to try to see her face.

"Kella, I don't want to pry too much, but...to be honest, I'm worried about you. I know I hardly know you, but..." He shrugged awkwardly. "May I just ask, do you have a plan? A plan for if things go wrong? A way to protect yourself?"