Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hanging from an Ice-Cold Chandelier

Started by visualspice, June 03, 2013, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Lana smiled, and Katahnia, well, she was still laughing, and it was only then Lana asked the question.
"Oh, so you two are lovers then?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Conall face-palmed and sighed a tad bit more dramatically than he intended,  " Oh Ansgar, nevermind! I'll just strangle myself with my own beard. "

He uncovered his face and looked at Lana , "Lovers? I haven't the slightest clue where you'd get that idea. This relationship is far from loving. It's absolutely deranged! "

Then to the red-faced Kahtahnia he said, "Don't neglect breathing,dear. "

Maybe she really WOULD die from laughing.

"Seriously, Kat. It is not THAT funny."

She really needed to stop laughing. He wished he had the strength to kick her.

He then said to Lana with a sigh, " I do apologize on her behalf. She 's quite immature for her...age. " He shot another warning glare at Kat that said , 'STOP LAUGHING AT ME, DAMN IT!'

visualspice

Lana's lips fell into an 'o' shape as she watched the pair.

"I see, well, former lovers anyways. I just wanted to see what all of the commotion was about.."

And it was only then Katahnia was finally able to calm herself down from her laughing fit. She wiped a few tears away.
"Oh, Gods, I'm sorry, I really am. I don't know what's come over me. I suppose it's been a long few days."

And Lana simpyl stared at the pair, befre Katahnia suddenly added.
"But yes, we were former lovers. But then I found out, get this, he was in love wiht my cousin." She faked a gasp. "But even worse, when we tried to make amends,  he trampled on my toes one too many times that we just had broken up. Seriously, my toes could no longer take the abuse.. and Now, sadly,"he said, drawing ina  dramatic breath.
"I'm out here to rescue his sorry ass from his unlucky spell of trouble. Seems like his toe trampling travesty has infected my heroism, unfortunately, and has lead us up here. Quite the scandalous tale, I tell you, but I digress, I do kid, in part, but oh, to think; what terrible manners of me! You won't hate me too badly now, Conall, will you?A fter all, it seems you're stuck with me now in this camp. And oh.. "she giggled again. "Do you think the soldiers might buy such a tale?"

Lana was shaking her head.
"YOu two... have quite the strange kindship. But if I didn't know better, former lovers or not, I thinkt he flame is still alive."

Katahnia blushed but waved it off.
"I doubt it, either way, he's refusing to eat his porridge, so I suppose unless another person here might want it.. why, I would hardly like it to go to waste."

Lana nodded and took it up. "I'm sure I can find someone to take it. But are you sure you do not want anything, sir?" she said, turning back to Conall who was quite red faced, and also, an unruly mess of scrape and bruises.. and overgrown hair and beard. And.. he sort of looked quite sore, even underneath all of that.
Perhaps.. they weren't lovers, though she had known a couple like that. She'd be surprised if they weren't. Apparently, for a relationship like that, the sex was pretty good. Maybe that's why he was so down?

OOC: just.. lols!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"I apologize if we might be frightening the children. We seem to be like this all the time ..." Conall added after Kahtahnia 'apologized'. He wasn't buying it! She was NOT sorry and the glare he shot her made his sentiments quite apparent.

Conall shook his head at her 'story' , " Ugh. You make us sound like we're characters that jumped straight out of one of those cheap, sleazy 'romance' novels from Uthlyn that cost about five coppers. What was that author's name again? Nevermind. She's a horrid 'writer' whose name is worth being purged from my memory!  That's all I've to say on the matter! " 

He looked at Lana and shook his head, " There is no flame! There's nothing but pine cones and shame! " And , perhaps, aggrieved footsies.

Nodding, he did not protest to the Allarian sludge being taken away. He'd starved before. He'd avoid stomaching that grotesque meal for as long as he could get away with it!

Conall sighed, forcing himself to calm down. He would NOT forget this though nor would he forgive! He'd have revenge! Oh indeed! (though he had no one to blame for this little awkward fiasco but himself!) "Thank you , kindly, but no. Perhaps I may...later , but I appreciate the offer. I'm grateful for the water alone, truly. "

Though he knew he would have to eat sooner or later to build his strength. What little his bruised and bloodied mess of a body could muster from it.

visualspice

Lana nodded to them.
"Would you like more water then? Or you, miss, is there anything we can get for you?"

Katahnia shook her head, finally able to compose herself as her laughter was all but shut away.
"No, but thank you," she said, bowing her head. "You are being too kind."

"One has to in order to survive a place like this," Lana said with a simple shrug. "It is only in my nature. Though I just wish I could do more."

"As do I," Katahnia said, placing a hand upon her shoulder. "As do I. But you've done enough already, Perhaps we should be shown how to procure our own water? So we do not have to keep bothering you."

"Oh, it is no bother at all. We've all become accustomed to certain jobs around here, and the children don't mind helping make the water. Here, I'll go get you some more. I'm sure you could use that more than the sludge" And she sighed trough a smile.
"It's good to see such faces after so long. I can feel your pleasant spirits affecting the others. It's.. nice. It almost gives us a sense of peace, if not hope, to see others laughing so." And then she bowed. "I shall return soon."

Katahnia dipped her head. "Thank you." Then turned to Conall after Lana departed, and sighed.
"Don't you give me that look."

Paradox

"Don't give you THAT look? I beg your pardon? You've the audacity to issue such a command and expect me to follow it after I asked you to stop laughing at me? And you exploded with hysterics making everyone in this cell think we're stark-raving mad? I think not, my lady. I shall afford you 'that look' to all my heart's content because I know not what other look would otherwise so adequately compliment my present state of mind. " And to make his point, he stared at her with THAT expression , but did so in a slightly more exaggerated manner.

"This is precisely why I keep things to myself. You'll just make fun of me. You're evil like Aislin was. You poke at all of my weaknesses. Not one merciful bone in your body. At all. You really ought be ashamed of yourself. " He appeared suddenly tired, "Maybe we could pass ourselves off as insane. That'd be wholly believable, I suspect."

visualspice

Katahnia rolled her eyes, still smiling, but obviously not feeling threatened by his look. But then her expressions softened a little as she sighed.
"Perhaps.." she said, glancing intot he hallway towards where the guards were glaring back over at the pair of them, one of them seeming just about ready to get up to deal with all of the noise. Katahnia returned her gaze to Conall.

"If it offends you so, I do apologize. I... it was.. perhaps just a rare moment where, things have become just to bad for us, all I could think to do was laugh." She looked down at her boots then, then over at him. "How are you feeling now? Your face look so sore Your poor eye, it's all swollen." ANd she leaned forward to cup is cheek, trying to take a look at it hwen Lana returned.

"Here, I brought that-"

And Katahnia, startled, leaped nearly out of her skina d bumped foreheads with Conall. Swearing under her breath, she turned to Lana, her face now red.

"Oh! Thank you, Lana, for the water."

And the woman just stared at the pair of them skeptically. Yeah, she wasn't buying they weren't lovers - or something to that affect.

Paradox

Conall lowered his gaze and sighed, " Oh, I'll survive. My pride certainly didn't , but I shall. At least something good comes from the damage. I made people laugh...even if it is at my expense. " He frowned slightly, but then he shook his head. "I'm not really terribly cross with you though you're not making me feel any less uncomfortable than I was. I'm just slightly ashamed of myself for my...naiveté . I think myself so mature, dare to call myself a man and yet bumble over such topics like a clueless little boy."

He considered how he felt, " Strangely, in scolding you for your antics, I'd been distracted from my own physical grievances. "

Well, he soon wouldn't forget ! Lana returned, startled Kahtahnia and foreheads did collide! Kahtahnia swore and Conall saw many many little pine cones spinning around his vision.

"Where am I? And why is the room spinning? And Kat has a twin? Oh Ansgar...my cranium. " He rubbed his smarting forehead.

visualspice

"Oh, it couldn't have hurt you too badly, lest your implying I have a hard head," she teased.

Lana shook her head. "I'll leave you two be. If you wish, you can always come over to joint he rest of us, but I'll leave you two to have your space. You seem to need it."

Katahnia opened her lips to say something, but what was there to say? She was speechless for once, and simply let out a breath of hot air before nodding towards Lana.
"Er.. thank you."

Should she have said that? Either way, she peered back over towards Conall.
"But seriously.. does it hurt? I mean, you might have given me a lump on the head for it.."

OOC: hahahaha! She's so mean to him 8D

Paradox

He'd bee so preoccupied with 'bickering' with Kahtahnia that he had , quite rudely, forgotten Lana's presence. He blushed , "Ah. Pardon my rudeness. Thank you, Lana. I -we appreciate it . "

And when she moved away he whispered to Kat, "We need space? What do you suppose she meant by that?"He honestly had no idea. 

When she asked him how his head was more seriously he countered, and humorously, "No wonder we're former lovers. You're so insensitive to my injuries," Conall rubbed his forehead with a hand. And then he pulled a face at her when she accused him of giving her head a lump, " That's no lump. It's a pine cone. Mini Kat. I might have somehow managed to glue her to your forehead while you were unconscious.  "

ooc:

You were post 900! FEEL SPECIAL, but not really.  ;)

100 posts til 1k. Hot damn!

visualspice

OOC: HO NOES. I should slow down on making my replies. Don't want you to burn holes in your feet! egofingers!

jk! <3
--------------------

"Ha, ha, very funny Conall," she said with a shake of her head. "Pine cones aside, you look pretty Gods awful." She was still shaking her head when she sighed. "But in all seriousness, I am sorry for all of this. Though I suppose the pair of us both have rotten luck, and perhaps us winding up in the mage camps wasn't avoidable. Though I suppose it could be worse..." And she forced him a smile. "We could be dead."

Paradox

Conall's shrug was the slightest of gestures, hardly noticeable, " Stranger and far worse things have happened to me before, if you can believe that. Things do seem rather grim now though and our fate- or , at least mine seems quite certain. I will die if I don't leave this place ,which leads me to thinking that we ought to go and make some friends here if we want to change that."

He wouldn't know where to begin convincing these people to organize a 'jail break' . He – no , he and Kat would need to earn these people's trust somehow. But who knew how much time there was for that and who knew how much these people were willing to sacrifice for their freedom? He had a feeling the price for leaving (and likely by force) was going to be steep. This was war after all.

Then he thought about it, " I would join them, but I think I wasted whatever energy reserves I had to sit up. Perhaps you ought to leave me here and speak with them. I should probably rest and build what little strength I can for whatever lies ahead."

ooc:

visualspice

OOC: I FINALLY FIGURED OUT WHAT TO POST
and I still avoided talking to the other cell mates!
BWAHAHAHAHA
*Success*
------------

"I would join them as well, but I can't very well abandon you in such a state,"s he replied with a frown. "Are you sure there's nothing I can do to comfort you? Get you more water? Find a pinecone?" and she smiled at her last comment and jest.

"But I know what you mean..." she lowered her eyes from his, her fingers fondling down the corners of her furr trimmed jacket. "If we are going to consider ever escaping from a place like this, it would be wise for us to see what information the others might have to share with us. I'm sure they've considered the same thing, and who knows, we might be at an advantage since we were recently outside. But I don't know.."s he sighed and looked up at him. "I can't ever say I've done something like this before. All I know is, I've been quite lucky to have made it this far still alive. I'm not sure if I told you, or if you've figured it out, but I should have been dead decades ago."

Paradox

With one swollen eye, Conall regarded his friend thoughtfully, " Thank you, but I think I've had enough to drink for the moment and, well, I'm sorry to say that they've beaten me to a point that even this hard, cold ground feels inviting." He offered her a smile, "But since you're so enthralled with my irresistible charisma, I won't make any cruel attempts to drive you away."

He nodded at her final statement, "Heh. You're not the only one." They both seemed to have been through hell and he couldn't know what she'd been through for the last few decades...

Wait. What? 

"D-decades?" He blinked. She looked so young! Younger than him and he was little over two decades old! She barely looked older than a teenager! Early twenties, but certainly no older! No. He MUST have not been listening! "Oh. I...er. I beg your pardon, but I must have misheard. Decades?"

Either that or she was mad. That was also a perfectly legitimate possibility. 

visualspice

OOC: wow so I can't sleep ;_;
so you get a half-awake- tired-cranky reply 8D
------------------

Katahnia smiled when he stuttered.
"I don't suppose you'd know about the Duchy of Harmond.." she paused, twisting her lips a bit before looking down at the ground. "No, I suppose not. I'm sure all traces of it have been destroyed."

Paradox

Conall shook his head,"You mentioned it in passing before when I found you out here. However , it really had not sunk in how long ago this had happened. The name was familiar to me . I believe I read of it somewhere , but not in any history book sanctioned by the church. N-not that I read any sacrilegious materials! I-I presume it was a fictional amusement, " his expression was curious now, "but you speak in such a peculiar manner and this piques my interest. Would you care to enlighten me- that is to say, would you...tell me what you're implying, precisely?"   

ooc: Yummy!My favorite kinds of posts. *noms*

visualspice

Katahnia sighed before drawing in a careful breath.
"Long ago, my parents had been friends of the Allarian line. They were so close the ruler of Allar divided a portion of his lane to my family and allowed us to create our own line of nobles. However, when my father died, my mother remarried a man from Serendipity, and she found herself partial to mages and when the line attempted to smooth over the laws to allow mages more freedoms, the Duke of Allar found out. That was Calent's father. He wiped out the entire duchy. Nothing is left but ruins."

Paradox

"Yes, you mentioned some of this as well, but before you said you weren't sure whether House Allarick was responsible or not , "Conall replied ,appearing to look as confused as he felt.

"If this happened in the time of Calent's father, then that wasn't very long ago. The thing that baffles me is that you said that you ought have been dead decades ago. Surely, by that you meant two decades ago or possibly three. Three is sort of pushing it, but uh...some people age very well and you look...great. Though I would have thought that I'd heard of it at least were that the case. I pride myself in knowing my history and geography, but –you did say it was a rather small duchy and perhaps not so well-know. I suppose it's entirely possible that I missed it somewhere in my studies..." 

Of course he was not a fool. He knew that wherever magic was involved, that far more peculiar things were possible. Some beings lived to be hundreds or thousands of years old and still managed to preserve eternal youth and physical vitality. Such things were so unnatural and very much a perverse defiance to Ansgar's will. But Conall stubbornly did NOT want to believe that magic was involved here. He would not assume it.

visualspice

OOC: Thinking about this history hurts my brain D:

---------

"Well, when Calent's father was in ruling, I can barely recall Calent's age. I think he was a mere child. Either way, it doesn't matter now does it? I was spared because of my magic. I sealed myself in a crystal and it more or less put my life on pause while I was preserved within. When I was.. awakened, the wounds I sustained from the raid were as fresh as they had been on the day of the attack. And when I should have died, I somehow persevered."
she smiled sadly at that and looked away, growing quiet.

Paradox

Conall blinked, not quite sure how to respond to it. His first instinct was to chuckle and tell her to stop teasing him, but then he wanted to grab her by the shoulders and tell her how impossible it was. But when he considered that magic was involved, he knew that there was no argument that he could make to refute her claim. It WAS possible whether he liked it or not. 

Magic! He should have known! He frowned, considering what all of it meant.

"I...see. " And this was all that he found himself capable of saying for a whole two minutes. His mind was feeling a bit...confused even if he kept telling himself 'it's magic' . It was still unnatural for her to be as OLD as she was suggesting and look...

But in the end, he supposed that he would just have to trust her. After all, had she not been doing the same for him?

"So you're implying that you would have been my mother's age if this had not happened. No, that's not right. You'd be..."

Dead. Yes. He really need not point this out. "My apologies for my stupidity. This is just a little...I'm not sure what to make of it, really , but um. Thank you...for trusting me with that knowledge, I suppose? "

Curious. He wondered what that must have been like. Was it like taking a long nap and waking up about twenty some odd years later?

"Well, for the record, I am glad you're not dead." He offered a bit lamely, but at least it was the truth. He'd probably still have been alone sitting in his cabin. Safe, most likely, but probably mad and no closer to going home than he had been months before.

ooc: Hard for me too since I don't know any dates. xD