Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Plans for Vharzyym

Started by Anonymous, July 29, 2005, 01:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

SSSSMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRREEEEEEEEEE'SSSSSSSSS

Anonymous

QuoteWhat Jezz means is that if no one replies, or its ignored, then it did not even happened. It would be as if you were never there, because nothing will be changed in any threads or posts or anything. It would go on as if you had never even posted, even.

oh, so if people just keep going on with their posts like we don't exist?

well that wouldn't be very nice now, would it?

Anonymous

*is now having a craving for smores*

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Anonymous

Yes, and it also wouldn't be very nice to call everyone else's plots obsolete, or show a complete disregard for anyone else's opinions, now, would it?

Anonymous

i didn't call anyone's plots obsolete.  that was moddy, who is conveniently not here. hmmmmm.  im just saying that people should learn to adapt their plots.  anyway, we're giving lots of warning before the actual attack.  it's not like we're just gonna go and attack out of no where, leaving you all high and dry.

and come on.  we're an evil army.  what do you expect us to do? :twisted:

Anonymous

Quoteand come on. we're an evil army. what do you expect us to do?

be nice lol

Anonymous

Quotei didn't call anyone's plots obsolete. that was moddy, who is conveniently not here. hmmmmm. im just saying that people should learn to adapt their plots

People do adapt their plots.. They just won't for you. see? Simple.

If the players don't like what you're doing, they won't screw over their plots just for your 'evil army'.

Anonymous

we are nice.

to those who accept our domination... sometimes... when we are in a good mood... maybie...

Anonymous

choosing to ignore people's posts just because you feel like throwing a hissy fit over plots that may have to change a little (maybie for the better?) is not adapting

Anonymous

Quotechoosing to ignore people's posts just because you feel like throwing a hissy fit over plots that may have to change a little (maybie for the better?) is not adapting

Word

Anonymous

Quotechoosing to ignore people's posts just because you feel like throwing a hissy fit over plots that may have to change a little (maybie for the better?) is not adapting

You're right...  having a hissy fit over a plot isn't adapting. it's having a hissy fit. and people have hissy fits over plots and or plot twists they don't like... that's why it's called plotting.

People plot to avoid hissy fits.

and I highly doubt a bunch of Nympho Drow taking over a kingdom can be called a good thing. Adabting is moving a thread around to accept what ever has come to them, this happens when you 'wing it' in threads, not when you follow a basic plotted thread.

Anonymous

QuoteI highly doubt a bunch of Nympho Drow taking over a kingdom can be called a good thing.

how can you even say something like that?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Damaged16"What Jezz means is that if no one replies, or its ignored, then it did not even happened. It would be as if you were never there, because nothing will be changed in any threads or posts or anything. It would go on as if you had never even posted.

oh, you see, i already have that covered. i told you it was gonna happen. its within the rules. i have rhi's word that if i do it, it happens. we've talked it over. We talked about it halfway home from havasue(sp?lol). So...yup yup, guess you guys won't be goin' with that plan ^_^.

Anonymous

Quote from: "D-vad The Conqueror"
QuoteI highly doubt a bunch of Nympho Drow taking over a kingdom can be called a good thing.

how can you even say something like that?

:shock:  WHAT IS YOUR MALFUNCTION? lol

Anonymous

Anonymous

I don't think you guys understand how an RPG works. You see, there is a certain amount of compromise involved. There is also a certain thing about majorities ruling (or in the case of wars and take-overs, its a Kingdom's decision beats all).

If people do not want to be a part of it, then they won't--but they don't have to, really, because they can all go on like it never happened.

You guys don't seem to understand what Jezz and I are saying. You are trying to rope in an entire Kingdom into something only you want. Each Kingdom has loads of characters and a lot of different role players and they won't wall want to stop their plots on a dime just to comply with your's. Aside from that, no one plot will end at the same time, so we're talking about waiting a LONG time if you wanted to let all the plots finish. But even with the plots all finished, there are still people who just don't want to be a part of a war, but they should not be forced out of the village or castle or something.

YOU guys want a war. WE don't. Its too much of a large-scale thing. SotE is all about the small plots. That's what SotE was built upon, small plots are the site's backbone. I mean, Jezz and I were discussing this and if SotE evern went into a large-scale plot, it would take a decade (give or take a century or two) because of the laid-back type of posting we do.

Also, its rude and inconsiderate to rope everyone into YOUR "plot." Storylines should be optional. So, as I've said before, tone it down and go for something your own size. Find other people who want to fight and have them create a rival group and be happy.

Rhindeer

Quote from: "Darth Mod"
Quote from: "Damaged16"What Jezz means is that if no one replies, or its ignored, then it did not even happened. It would be as if you were never there, because nothing will be changed in any threads or posts or anything. It would go on as if you had never even posted.

oh, you see, i already have that covered. i told you it was gonna happen. its within the rules. i have rhi's word that if i do it, it happens. we've talked it over. We talked about it halfway home from havasue(sp?lol). So...yup yup, guess you guys won't be goin' with that plan ^_^.
Josh, I never said that. XP Stop bringing me into this.

Seriously, I can't make people respond to a plot. I can't force people to accept a plot. If people don't like how you guys keep trying to muscle your ways around the site, I can't make anyone accept that. And, really, as I've tried to explain before, and as others have tried to explain, SotE doesn't work that way. It's a collaborative effort. If you want to do a large-scale plot, plotting with other people (rather than saying "THIS is how it's gonna be, don't like it, TOUGH!") isn't the way to go about things.

Because, truly, a large-scale plot replies not only on the creators, but largely on all the other players. If they don't buy it, it just might as well have never happened, because no one will respond to it, nor alter their own plots to mention it. Seriously, when SotE was still really new, I tried implementing a rather large plot with another gal, and it didn't work. Because no one responded. Thus, it was nullified.

People aren't going to take bullying on a site. If you want to plot, plot with other people. And large-scale plots NEED to be discussed (notice, *discussed*, which differs from *telling*) otherwise...well, there goes the plot.

It's just the truth of RPing.

In the case with the seige where we settled everything OOC, notice how there was a vote on that issueâ€"and notice how the majority was in favor of it. *shrug*

So, indeed, my suggestion is to quit trying to shove your way around the site. That's not how it works here, and a large-scale plot RELIES on the participation of all the other players that will be affected. They are under no obligation to abandon or "adapt" their own plots to join in a plot they were bullied into. And I can't make them, either.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Quote from: "Damaged16"I don't think you guys understand how an RPG works. You see, there is a certain amount of compromise involved. There is also a certain thing about majorities ruling (or in the case of wars and take-overs, its a Kingdom's decision beats all).

If people do not want to be a part of it, then they won't--but they don't have to, really, because they can all go on like it never happened.

You guys don't seem to understand what Jezz and I are saying. You are trying to rope in an entire Kingdom into something only you want. Each Kingdom has loads of characters and a lot of different role players and they won't wall want to stop their plots on a dime just to comply with your's. Aside from that, no one plot will end at the same time, so we're talking about waiting a LONG time if you wanted to let all the plots finish. But even with the plots all finished, there are still people who just don't want to be a part of a war, but they should not be forced out of the village or castle or something.

YOU guys want a war. WE don't. Its too much of a large-scale thing. SotE is all about the small plots. That's what SotE was built upon, small plots are the site's backbone. I mean, Jezz and I were discussing this and if SotE evern went into a large-scale plot, it would take a decade (give or take a century or two) because of the laid-back type of posting we do.

Also, its rude and inconsiderate to rope everyone into YOUR "plot." Storylines should be optional. So, as I've said before, tone it down and go for something your own size. Find other people who want to fight and have them create a rival group and be happy.

thats nice and all, if y'all wanna be all childish just cause you don't get your way.we're bringing life into an rp thats dying. Look at the post count now, at least, the number of IC posts, then try to remember the number of posts the last time a large plot takes place. theres a big difference. what you called a laid-back site is you guys and a couple other people taking forever to post and everybody else getting pissed off because nothing happens. There were a lot more posts on the site before all these be nice rules were forced onto everybody by you guys lol. . I'm not trying to be mean ivv, i'm truly not, i've been trying to get along with you, ask David or Josh, i tell 'em all the time, but please stop bitching and let stuff happen.

Anonymous

Josh, you've really got to get off your high horse, and for sanity's sake, stop pulling Rhi into this. Putting her into everything you say does give it authority, but not when she so *obviously* disagrees with everything you say. And when I want Rhi's opinion, I'll ask her myself. There's a reason hearsay isn't permitted in court.

Also, the site is hardly dying. Its summer! Everyone is on vacation or just out with friends. I mean, I was away for two weeks, Amanda's been away (or tackling a jerk computer), Goldie's been off and on because of vacations and Rhi's been off and on because of vacations and personal stuff. Maybe you've ignored the "Going Away" thread?

This is SotE, hun, so if you don't like it you might as well not get comfortable here. This is how we are and how we've always been. Laid back, post when you have time and have fun. I certainly do not want to be a part of a site that hassles its members to post ASAP.

Rhindeer

Like Ivv said, the site's not dying. There's an activity cycle it goes through, and has gone through, for the past four years, and I can basically predict when the site is going to go through a slow phase. Finals tend to = a slow phase, and summer can be slow, too, because of vacations and the like. Ivv's been away, I've not been active due to a creativity slump (you know the cause), Tal's away, Gold's away, Xxerth and Nightcandle are goin' into the military, and a lot of people are away on vacations. This happens every single year. Always has. And SotE isn't unique in that factâ€"most RPGs experience the same cycle.

But, guys, don't be bitter, seriously. Like I said, this site was built on collaboration, and RPing is a joint effortâ€"the effort of everyone affected, NOT just the effort of one or two people that are trying to force things on the rest of the site. When people feel like they are being forced into something rather than that *they* can also have fun with it, they're not likely to want to have anything to do with the plot, and certainly aren't going to want to alter or hurry up their own plots for it.

That's just how it goes.

Try going about it from a different angle. You know, asking other opinions, plotting with other people, getting feedback, etc. If people are excited about a plot and WANT to be involved, that's where it's fun. Not when people are dragged into something.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa