Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Colonising [Clever-fox] [Mature]

Started by Brisinger987, June 15, 2013, 03:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Seh'lvah finally saw him in the dark, starting to cut his own throat. Immediately she dove forward, ignoring the new pain in her leg, and the huge tear in her wing membrane as she caught it on a stalagmite. She tackled him, grabbing his arms and pulling them away, landing awkwardly on her wing, which was another twisted limb.

"NO!" She shouted as she dove.

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar looked Seh'lvah in the eyes. He couldn't say anything, he just stared at the dragoness, tears running down his face. Why? Why won't you let me be? was clearly written in his eyes. He wrestled free of her grasp, walked some distance, and collapsed into a sobbing heap.

He was upset with himself, with the world, even Seh'lvah, but with himself more than anything. He didn't want to talk or even acknowledge Seh'lvah's presence. Looking at her just made him feel worse, made him feel even more like a failure. He failed to protect his mother, and now he failed at controlling himself.

His talons sat on his journal, in the same spot it was the night before. Without thinking, he tossed the tattered thing into the pool, not even caring that it almost hit Seh'lvah.

Brisinger987

Seh'lvah saw the look in his eyes and read it.

When he wrestled free she didn't struggle with him. She didn't try and hold him. She let him go.

When he tossed his journal into the pool, she dove in after it, knowing she would probably get an infection on the two tears in her left wing membrane, and not caring that she couldn't swim with her injured leg, she fetched the journal, bring it onto the cave floor and drying it with a heated breath.

Then she went and laid there, watching him to make sure he was ok. She didn't sob, she just let tears roll down her cheeks, remembered the journal, dropped it by him, and went back to crying.

She still wanted to kill Veraxitoc for bringing Shamgar to that point. She wanted to hurt him so badly, to rip his wings and bloody his snout and bite out his throat.

"Please talk to me Shamgar. Please..."

Klezmer Gryphon

He calmed down, but only slightly. He was still crying, still upset, but he wasn't thinking about suicide. He wasn't without words, either. It was more he didn't want to hurt Seh'lvah by saying what he wanted to. He wanted to tell her that he made a mistake, that he was a failure, but he could only look at the ground. All he could do is scratch the ground idly, his tears staining the floor.

Brisinger987

"Shamgar, please. I tore my wing membrane again and sprained my wing stopping you doing what you were going to do. Just talk to me, tell me why!" She was shouting because she was pleading. She wasn't angry with him. She wasn't angry at all anymore. She was trying to ignore the pain, and ignore the bleeding, and the stinging of the pool water to talk to him.

Veraxitoc had been in too foul a mood to find new people. The couple's antics in their cave had really wound his gears, and he was going back to make sure it never happened again. Even if that meant he bit Shamgars jewels off. He reached the mouth of the cave and heard Seh'lvah shouting.

So he decided to enter the cave silently.

Klezmer Gryphon

"It was too much!" He finally yelled, his voice echoing through the cave. He buried his head again, too ashamed to even look her in the eyes. He felt relived, but he still couldn't look at Seh'lvah. He was a foolish boy, and he knew it. He didn't want tone hard on himself, but he convinced himself it was the truth. Even through his crying and sobbing, he heard footsteps, and looked up to see Veraxitoc standing there. Did you come here to put me even lower, to torture me more? he thought, the last of his tears sliding down his face.

Brisinger987

Seh'lvah didn't give the elder dragon a chance to explain himself before she attacked him, clawing and biting at him, not caring less for her own health. "How DARE you have the nerve to come back here after what you have put him through!" She shouted amongst the crashing of two fighting dragons.

Veraxitoc fought back, roaring at the young dragon and he clawed at her.

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar watched in horror as his friends fought. On one hand, he wanted to help Seh'lvah, but on the other, he didn't want to hurt Veraxitoc. Standing up, he let out an ear piercing screech, one that echoed up and down the entire cave.

"Enough!" He yelled, his sadness and woe turned to anger. He was rarely ever angry, even with people he utterly despised. He stood straight, his wings extended, his head held high. He meant business.

"You two are acting like children! Veraxitoc, I admit, we probably deserved that scolding, and that I overreacted. And Seh'lvah, I apologize for acting the way I did. I wasn't thinking right. Now, STOP FIGHTING"

Brisinger987

By the time the two dragons heard the message, Veraxitoc physically had his jaws around her throat, and had taken chunks of wing membrane from her right wing out with his claws. She was also missing a tooth that Veraxitoc could feel lodged in his forewing. The two dragons took a second before resentfully letting go of one another.

Seh'lvah had managed to bite and burn Veraxitoc's forewing and also dug her claws in between his ribs, scratching him deep in the sides. Overall, Seh'lvah was hurt more, but she didn't care. She tried to stand, when Veraxitoc released her, but simply couldn't hold herself up, falling to the floor with a whimper.

"Overreacted? She's the one that overreacted... What exactly did I put you through to make this idiot teenager attack me?!" Veraxitoc spoke scornfully, as he looked at her, pitifully lying on the floor, but genuinely feeling very sorry for herself.

Klezmer Gryphon

Taking a deep breath, and collecting his thoughts, he explained to Veraxitoc what had happened, including his desire to take his own life. Laying back down, he looked at Seh'lvah, who was badly injured, but would live.

"As I said earlier, I overreacted to your scolding. I caused this, and, if you so desire, I can leave and never return." He hung his head, completely at Veraxitoc's mercy.

Brisinger987

Seh'lvah looked away the moment she noticed that Shamgar was looking at her, upset that he had realised that he was overreacting after nearly committing suicide, but glad he admitted it at all.

Veraxitoc seriously considered the proposal of Shamgar leaving, but decided it was overall better just to separate the pair. "You can stay, but you two stay separate at night. I will eat you both if you do it again, you are too young to even be thinking about that. Let alone actually doing it." Veraxitoc began to leave the cave, and let Seh'lvah lick her wounds, but decided to say one final thing.

"When you are fully grown Seh'lvah, and better at fighting, then try and challenge me. You might have a slim chance of winning then." And with that, Veraxitoc went and sat by the pool outside the cave, waiting to see who would leave first and how long until one of them left.

Seh'lvah, who didn't want to talk anymore, simply let out an agonised whimper as she tried to lick the blood from her wounds, but yelped when she accidentally pulled the wound with her tongue, and gave a final, defeated sigh.

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar, content with Veraxitoc's decision, stepped towards the mouth of the cave, grabbing his goggles, satchel and journal, and was about to fly away to find another cave, or perhaps a fallen tree, as he found those to also be rather comfortable, but saw Veraxitoc sitting by the pool. He walked up, and sat next to the elder.

"I'd like to ask you something..." He said, looking back at the cave he had just emerged from.

Brisinger987

"Yes?" Veraxitoc was curious as to what the boy was going to ask him. He didn't think there was anything left to ask really. But he listened nonetheless. If it hadn't been for the amount of pheromones Seh'lvah had been giving off the previous day, Veraxitoc would have never thought to check if she was sleeping in her own cave or his.

Seh'lvah didn't move. She didn't cry, she didn't sigh. She just lied there and looked at the spot where the boy she had fallen in love  with had nearly killed himself. Now she lied on the cave floor, with two ripped wings, and a sprained leg, and lots of scratches and bites. She didn't even lick her wounds to try and clean them. She just lied there, hoping she caught an infection in the wounds that killed her. She never found happiness. She wanted to be happy. And she thought that if she hoped for an infection to kill her, she could die and be happy.

Klezmer Gryphon

"This morning, when you came to the cave, you had every right, and certainly the opportunity to kill me, but you didn't. Why is that?" He asked, recalling the events of that morning. He wasn't scared of Veraxitoc, but he was curious.

Waiting for the dragon to answer, he fiddled with his goggles, adjusting the strap. It was a nervous tick of his, one that, while not doing any harm, seemed to bug him. Satisfied, he put his goggles back on his forehead, still waiting for an answer.

Brisinger987

Why didn't Veraxitoc kill Shamgar? He still could if he wanted to. But, it wasn't in hi, to just kill.

"It's not in my nature to kill where one can scold. If she was my daughter, or my partner, then I would be angrier, but she is not family of mine. I have no responsibility for her, and can only advise her, and tell her off like any other Elder Dragon would." He was being truthful in itself, and he didn't lie. But in his head, Veraxitoc wanted to see just how far the couple would go to be together. The experiment, in Veraxitoc's eyes, was still on going. If the couple kept meeting at night, despite his warnings, he would leave them be. He wouldn't tell them that, but he would not hurt them. They were his experiment, his guinea pigs in a cage.

Seh'lvah got up, finally find the strength to move. She looked at her bite wounds, and then decided to lick straight across them. She hadn't expected it to be quite that painful. She howled as she licked the wound, falling on her side in pain. Now she just wanted a cuddle.  She hurt a lot more than she expected, the adrenaline wearing off, leaving her in agony.

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar nodded as he listened to the elder. He barely heard Seh'lvah's agonized howls, but heard them none the less. While he loved her, he took Veraxitoc's threat to heart, and resisted the urge to help her. She can handle herself, he said to himself. He bowed, and excused himself, leaving to find a suitable shelter, some distance away from Seh'lvah's, but still close enough to not be a hermit.

Having flown for a decent amount of time, he found a large, hollow tree trunk, not to far from the lake, but far enough to discourage any regular nightly meetings with Seh'lvah. After looking around, and clearing some webs and various debris, he was satisfied for the night, and decided to call it quits for the night. With that, he slept in his new home all night.

Brisinger987

Veraxitoc took off to his mountain top home, to sleep the night away.

Seh'lvah crawled out of the cave gradually, and after an hour of limping, finally reached the water's edge, where she lied down, and began to cry quietly. No-one would hear her. No-one.

Slowly, she crawled into the water, unable to keep herself afloat, she noisily splashed out to the deepest part of the pool, and just floated, the water there being enough to keep her floating. The water stung her wounds further, and eventually, the pain and tears put her to sleep.

Klezmer Gryphon

The morning light peered through the hollow trunk. Shamgar awoke, feeling better then the day before, and stepped out of his new home. Now that he had better light, he saw that it wasn't a tree trunk, but rather, the mostly intact remnants of a stone tower belonging to an old fortress long destroyed. Interesting, perhaps Veraxitoc would like to see this.

So, flying to the pool where he last saw the elder, he saw something that sickened him. There lay Seh'lvah, in the pool, seemingly lifeless. Landing, he saw that she wasn't dead, but very much asleep. Thinking fast, he flew over the pool, and carefully pulled Seh'lvah ashore, and then went to find Veraxitoc, relaying both information about the tower he now called home, and about Seh'lvah's current state.

Brisinger987

Seh'lvah didn't wake until Shamgar was too high for her to reasonably catch. But in the following seconds she heard the thunderous roar that indicated Veraxitoc was already awake, and was circling around at unnatural altitude. Seh'lvah laid there emptily for a few minutes, and decided that she would lay there all day. She was too heartbroken to move.

He was roaring to indicate to the other two that they need to get up, for in his waking moments he had spotted something in the clouds. Trying to make sure that Shamgar and Seh'lvah were awake if this threat came to them. The roar also had an unnatural projection at this height, and no doubt any animal would hear it and run. Looking down and ahead to see if any physical objects were below him, he dove, rolling 4 times with his talons outstretched. The air funnels made the deathly screech that gave his species it's name, and echoed far through the mountains around him. Anything brave enough or stupid enough to stand up to that noise was a problem, either to the world, or to him.

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar clenched his ears in pain, landing on a mountain top below Veraxitoc, but still high enough to see him. He lay there, dazed, but conscious. He also made a mental note not to go out and find Veraxitoc as early as he had. After the screeching had stopped, he let out a screech of his own, one that sounded distinctly gryphon, to let Veraxitoc know that it was him that was approaching, not some strange, new threat.

Playing it safe, he stayed on the mountaintop he had landed on, and waited eagerly for the dragon to land. He let go of his ears, which apparently were bleeding, but he didn't really bother do anything with them at the moment. He was breathing heavily, as he wasn't used to flying this high. Feeling a bit dizzy from the dragon's screeching, he layed down, hoping that was it.

Tags: