Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Magic Within ((Brisinger!))

Started by CastlesInTheSky, June 19, 2013, 09:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CastlesInTheSky

Ali spent the day as usual; entertaining. The choice of traveling to Cerenis had been a good one. The people there were used to magic, but not so used to as to find it dull. He had brought in a decent amount of money that evening, and spent a bit of it on a couple drinks at the local tavern. As a whole, life was good. He knew he couldn't stay for too long in any one place, for someone may figure out that he was a manner of genie; from there, things would become unbearable. His way of getting out of it was granting the occasional three wishes for a friend or acquaintance. It was fortunate for him that one had to figure out he could grant wishes before the bond was made and he had to grant them.

He decided to take a quiet stroll through the night. After a hectic day it sounded quite nice. Walking to nowhere in particular, he drifted off in thought, accidentally bumping into someone. Turning slightly, he flashed them a pleasant and apologetic smile. "Sorry about that."

Brisinger987

Xerordir looked up at the man who had walked into him, revealing the blood red eyes and the mask. He was unimpressed to say the least.

He had been having a bad day already. He would be hunted by magic users galore if they knew he practiced dark magic, so he had hidden all his possessions at a dead drop sight unwittingly. Then local gang members had taken his stuff. All he had now was one cloak, his money, mask, clothes and necromancy/demoncraft book. Not a great day to walk into him.

Xerordir decided to go offensive this time instead of hiding away. He summoned the dark magic ball, and threw it at a nearby chicken. The chicken disintegrated under the corruptive power.

"Men with no power should watch where they walk. I do not enjoy it when petty peasants and idiots walk into me." The anger in his voice and eyes portrayed the frustration that he had to deal with.

CastlesInTheSky

Well wasn't he pleasant. Ali's smile didn't leave, but the friendliness in his eyes went stale. His eyes flicked to the disintegrated chicken. He'd been threatened before, but rarely and even more rarely with magic. If he'd been a more aggressive person, perhaps he'd make a comment that was less than savory. Though, as he spied the mask, he shied away.It was disconcerting to say the least.

"O...kay. I'll be on my way. I'm sorry." He glanced at the man's eyes, furrowing his brow slightly at the crimson eyes that bored into him, and began to walk off.

Brisinger987

The man had an odd feel about him, and energy that made him seem familiar.

"I sense magic in you. Show me this magic of yours." Xerordir was in no mood to see petty glamour magic. Something with power behind it.

"Show me magic, and you can walk away from this conversation. I am curious. I have sensed magic before, but not your kind." Xerordir had a truth to his words. He had felt it, but only in certain objects. Objects he refused to touch, for fear of springing a deadly trap.

CastlesInTheSky

Ali tensed up a bit. He could see his magic? The man before him seemed like a powerful mage; he could sense the magic in him as he was a magical being himself. However, he'd very rarely had someone call him out on showing him the magic he possessed like that. He paused. He knew he must, as he may just end up like the chicken otherwise. Hesitantly he drew a hand across his eyes, changing their color to deep blue. "I can shapeshift a little." He was going to attempt and hide the fact that he was a wish-granter. Probably a futile course of action.

He looked at Xerodir cautiously.

Brisinger987

A shape shifter? This didn't feel like shape shifter's magic. Not at all.

Xerordir decided to voice his opinion.

"You are lying. I have come across shape shifters before, and you do not emanate the same magics. Tell me truthfully. Before you become a large scale chicken demonstration." Xerordir stared into the man's eyes. He wanted to see just what the man was truly capable of. If he decided to shapeshift into a dragon, Xerordir would peg it. If not, the man had this one chance to save himself from being attacked with a corruptive dark-ball.

CastlesInTheSky

Ali looked at the other man, bringing himself to look into his eyes. What a strange colour. Perhaps it was a result of his magic? He couldn't know.

"Alright, alright. I can't show you because it isn't that sort of magic, but I'll tell you. I'm a sort of...well, you'd call it a genie." He paused. He wished there was a way to get out of this. All because he'd bumped into a stranger. How unfortunate.

"I can show you something closer to my true form if you want."

Brisinger987

"That is why I do not recognise your magic. You are known as djinn on Thanatos, but it is a local term. What is your name?" Xerordir beckoned for the man to follow. Some djinn were legendary on Thanatos. Used in children's cautionary tales, and myths and legends. Xerordir had heard most of them, and believed none of them. But djinn existed. Perhaps he had pertained a role in Thanati legend and myth, simply being renamed.

CastlesInTheSky

Ali took on a more calm posture as the mage seemed to be less intent on vaporizing him. So he either was from Thanatos or had at least lived there once. He wondered why the man came all the way to Cerenis.

"I am Ali. And you, sir?" Adopting the formality seemed appropriate, as it seemed he was about to be bound magically to this person for a while. There was no way he was going to leave this opportunity alone.

Brisinger987

"I am Xerordir, Necromancer and Black magician. So what exactly does your magic allow? In the myths of djinn that I grew up with, they could grant wishes? I have never heard tell of this in reality, for I know no-one that has met a djinn. Can you? Or is it all a cheap trick to keep peoples hopes up?" Xerordir was very curious as to the abilities of the Djinn in front of him, and wanted to know more.

CastlesInTheSky

Ali nodded to greet him, studying the mage. He seemed dangerous, powerful. Not to him at the moment; they seemed to be getting along now. Either way he wanted to stay on the cautious side and avoid angering him.

"I can grant three wishes, yes. There are...limits, but yes I can."

Brisinger987

Three wishes with limits. Sounded fun. Now Xerordir wanted to plan his wishes.

"What sort of limits are there?" Xerordir knew djinn couldn't grant ultimate power, but they could help. It would definitely help a lot.

CastlesInTheSky

"Well, firstly, one would have to make me agree to granting them wishes. That's just a matter of asking nicely. After that, I'm not entirely sure of the limits myself; it's more a matter of the person asking and I determine if I can do it or not. It's more of a feeling I have, it's difficult to explain. I can't scam you out of a wish though, I must grant it if I have the power. Make sense?"

Ali was a bit worried as to what the man wanted to wish, though he didn't show it on his face.

Brisinger987

"One would assume that from that, you don't have power enough to alter things like time and space? Change things like that? You can just do the basic, here are the tools job?" In Xerordir's opinion, not very exciting but he could get his stuff back, and a bit more. At least that was something.

"Please might you get my stuff back, preferably in a backpack? A local gang took it." Xerordir was prepared to ask very nicely for things he wanted.

CastlesInTheSky

Ali nodded. Technically, he could alter some stranger things such as emotions and perceptions, but that was more difficult and he didn't really want to mention it. Time of course was beyond him, and he could not change the past.

"As you wish." Suddenly, markings and patterns appeared on his skin, glowing blue. His irises began to glow the same colour. It all made a faint hissing noise. He closed his eyes briefly. Suddenly Xerodir's belongings appeared before them, though in a sack instead of a backpack.

"I apologize for that. I think that happened because the bandits had been putting them in a sack and it came along with the rest." He hoped his temporary master wouldn't get angry about it. After all, he couldn't leave his presence until the wishes were granted.

Brisinger987

"It is of no concern my dear djinn. Thank you. I do not mind about the other two wishes, I cannot think of anything more to wish for. I have my belongings, and for that I thank you. Would you like to come and watch me summon a zombie?" Xerordir was happy, this Djinn was very nice, and was helpful!

CastlesInTheSky

Ali nodded, surprised at the positive attitude. Well, he'd seemed to have just brightened this man's day. Much better than the alternative. He had no idea how long he'd be in the company of this strange, dark mage, but he didn't seem so bad now. He could only think that it was great that Xerodir hadn't come across his power-hungering brother instead.

"Sure. What do you plan to do with it?"

Although he was still a bit wary of this man, he was curious. Magic of all sorts was interesting, after all.

Brisinger987

"Merely leave it. See how it acts, reacts and responds to the guards and the civillians if I don't command it at all. Someone may get bitten, but they need to learn to run." Xerordir chuckled. He took everything he could from the sack that he had been given and stored it. He remembered to take his spare coinage this time, and kept some of his food to hand. Then he summoned the energy needed, and put the sack in a pocket dimension.

CastlesInTheSky

Ali watched him put the sack into...well, what looked like nowhere. He couldn't rightly say that it confused him a bit, but he knew it was magic. He hoped somebody wouldn't notice him with Xerodir terrorizing Cerenis and but a bad name on him. Just to be safe he shifted into a slightly taller male with lighter skin, gold eyes, and black hair. He still looked similar to his normal self, but it would have to do; his shifting abilities didn't go very far and took much energy.

"Alright." He'd never seen a zombie before. "What else are you able to summon?"

Brisinger987

"I can summon Shade's and a few Shadow's. Shades cost me very little energy, and I need no study of them. They merely kill things and obey their master's. Shadow's are taxing however, and very clever sometimes. Dangerous even. I would not release one into this world unless it really did have some sort of mental disability, for they are very violent." Xerordir looked for a half fresh grave. Anything too old, and the body would be destroyed in the process. Anything too young and it would be a ghoul. He wanted a zombie.

The graveyard was small, and made finding a suitable body difficult.

"If you see a grave with the time of death marked between 40 years ago and 70 years ago, let me know."