Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Plotting: The Tower of Uthlyn!

Started by Echtronis, July 05, 2013, 01:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Quote from: Echtronis on July 09, 2013, 01:36:00 AM
The Queen of the Tower! Dhalekar is a wretched fool struck with wild illusions of grandeur! He plans on taking over Uthlyn, ruling from it's tower through command over the dead, and to complete the picture, he wishes to share his dream with an immortal bride, whether she's willing or not! Perhaps a lovely girl from one of Uthlyn's famous brothels who was, or will be, snatched by minions of the lich to be immortalized as undead? Perhaps a black hearted sorceress, sick of Connlaoth's rusting iron fist held over mage-kind plays along the madness of the Necromancer? Sigh! Romance!

Gods, it would be sad if my character Artemis somehow got involved with that (though she recently just found a book on a demon that may or may not want her as a bride...) so was just recently whisked away from her humble home library in Uthlyn. So not sure how realistically I could place her into more than one thread (she also doesn't believe super natural creatures exist so confronting a lich would like, probably make her pee her pants.) Or.. faint a lot. She's good at that. (it's a natural defense mechanism).

But I also have Lady Averella, who is too darn cute that could be at the wrong place at the wrong time. She's my mummy girl~ (or well, at least part of her time she has to spend decomposing and turning into and sleeping as a mummy). The other part of the time she looks fine! *waves off the minor details*

Then there's Ellarrah, who would try to sock his head clean off his shoulders if he were to try.... XD

BUT JUST SOME RANDOM THOUGHTS.
I seriously have no idea >.>
I should be sleeping ;_;
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

HNGH! Ech, if that was a book I WOULD SO BUY EEET! D:<

Urtok shall be making his glorious appearance SOON-ish! I'm behind in a few things (stoopid LIFE. Why you no let me haz my fun timez!?)  which have delayed his quest. *sad face*

BUT THE STREETS WILL SOON RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF PIGEONS, RATS AND OTHER OBNOXIOUSLY OVER-SIZED PESTS!

There shall ALSO be the kidnapping of a LITERATE PERSON (whether this ends up an NPC or not...who is to say!?) and an undertaking of many TERRIBLE and GREAT adventures! *flails about excitedly!*

*notices Spice online*

Yes, you SHOULD be sleeping . *slaps with a trout* 

visualspice

Quote from: Paradox on July 09, 2013, 02:35:34 AM
There shall ALSO be the kidnapping of a LITERATE PERSON (whether this ends up an NPC or not...who is to say!?) and an undertaking of many TERRIBLE and GREAT adventures! *flails about excitedly!*

Yeah I could see Artemis or Averella being inadvertently dragged into this (though Artemis more so than Averella, if only because her being kidnapped by everyone could be a sad running joke)

Quote from: Paradox on July 09, 2013, 02:35:34 AM
*notices Spice online*

Yes, you SHOULD be sleeping . *slaps with a trout*

D:
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Echtronis

Perhaps this bugbear (or halfling?!) could end up being the unexpected hero to go out to save the damsel in distress (or maybe he just really needs his literate captive back)

Paradox

Haha! I love the reluctant and unexpected types. Because Tok is so selfish this would GREATLY amuse me because he is, of course, setting out with only himself in mind. >:3 So his intentions would purely be of a selfish nature (he wants his book wizard! er...literate captive! Nevermind that Uthlyn probably has quite a few literate people. >.> HE MUST HAVE THE ONE HE KIDNAPPED FIRST! *throws tantrums* )

*goes to finish his silly profile*

visualspice

So like, Paradox and I have been plotting and we started a new thread between ourselves that will (eventually? Maybe?) be linked to this event :3
So just posting the thread link here for those who wish to follow and read it for the lulz XD
It is titled: Lady of the Books
X3

Featuring Paradox's Urtok and my Lady Averella XD

Echtronis

Brilliant! Very fun to read you guys hehe!

I can go either way on having these plots tie in together, but I was thinking that Dhalekar might have some very interesting ancient books that would make Averella's possible imprisonment more interesting. *waggling of the brow* Or who knows.

If you do want to tie things in, and you had some reason to leave the tower, like a bugbear kidnapping (haha that still makes me laugh, poor Averella), Klem's character, Olive, happens to be in the streets nearby positively surrounded by hundreds of rats, and I'm not sure there would be any reason Jobias would be going that way, as he is looking for her at another location.

*SHRUG* I'm still figuring out how all this stuff works, but be as much or as little part as your heart is content to do! Either way, I'm loving reading the stuff you guys write. MOAR!

Echtronis

Should probably be noted for plotting and playing purposes that Sar will be absent for a bit.

EDIT: Nothing to see here folks, move along!

Nascent

'Allo! I'd like to make my character Kasna Vel Telshear, Knight of the White Lily, available for any plotting-ness where you think she might be of use. In particular, 'the Queen of the Tower' seems like the kind of thing an Adhara would be sent in to investigate and, given Kasna's basically a war in a can, deal with violently. But completely open to suggestions overall. Lemme know what you think!

Echtronis

Holy %#@! what a badass!

Definitely could find use for Kasna here, as Dhalekar is meant to fail in his plot against Uthlyn somehow, and I know I'd love to read this chick just messing UP some undead!

As far as the Queen of the Tower subplot goes, Kasna could easily be a heroine to rescue either Averella (and possibly Urtok as well in his own rescue attempt for Averella as he seems like the type who could get lost in some ancient fae goddess labyrinth temple hehe!) should Paradox and Spice be willing to merge into that subplot with them. I could see some interesting things here, lots of crazy happenings in the Labyrinth (without discovering the hidden laboratory below, so the overall plot can continue on afterwards), and maybe even encountering Dhalekar, and utterly whooping his boney butt (where upon later it is discovered that he keeps his soul in a phylactery and has not truely perished!)

It could be a glorious adventure!

Also, and I'm not sure how it could all work out, but there could be some interesting mutual disdain between Kasna and Jobias, as Kasna being a White Lily, is likely privy to hearing of a Mordecai who was banished from the order as well as exiled from Connlaoth's capital. Jobias has probably heard of Kasna too, the famous goddess of war in the fabled Knights of the White Lily, and likely does not enjoy her ruthlessness against ALL mages.

Cool stuff, lots to work with, any ideas?

visualspice

I almost want to toss Krah in on this action, too- since he's so egotistical and would inadvertently (maybe) end up being on Kasna's side and like, would totally be in the way and stuff and totally probably definitely annoy the crap out of her while trying to flirt, get his money from 'slaying' the beast and you know.. all other fun sorts of chaos *flails*

But we shall see ._.

kleineklementine

I'm sort of still around! I've negotiated something of a truce between myself and to hotel Internet... Also, I think it would be hilarious if Olive and Kasna were both part of this without directly crossing paths. Oh no, liquid time strikes again!

visualspice

omgerd, that WOULD be hilarious. 8D

Nascent

Quote from: Echtronis on July 14, 2013, 12:58:02 PM
Holy %#@! what a badass!

That's got to be one of the most delightful compliments I've gotten on one of my characters in a long time. Made me smile all the way into work today. Thanks -- glad you like my lil' psycho-knight! ;D

And your ideas for her and the thread sound awesome; I, too, am very much looking forward to writing Kasna just hacking, slashing, and bashing her way through undead minions. Been too long, I think, since I wrote a good "crowd control" battle scene like that.

And indeed, I can see those two having some very interesting scenes together indeed! It'd almost be a sin for them not to meet -- in other words, this must now happen! I'm definitely looking forward to it!! ;D

And yes, definitely Krah too! I can almost hear Kasna complaining about her "motley entourage of strays" now... it shouldn't make me this happy to imagine her annoyed and vexed, honestly! XD

Olive as well, eh? This just keeps getting more and more interesting. Me likey!! 8)

Paradox

I cannot promise anything concerning Urtok. Funny thing about him is that, even as his creator, I usually don't have any idea how he's going to behave until it's written.  He's an over-the-top comical goofball and *coughs* I know that sort of character that brings that level of mischief and mayhem isn't always welcome within certain circles. (I understand that not everyone shares my brand of special 'humor', as I call it ,and I can respect that). I take no issue with bowing out and finding misadventures elsewhere if necessary.

I can , naturally, tone things down a bit (and try to be more "realistic" aka make a little more sense ) though not too much or it's simply not my character anymore and when this happens, it makes me a sad sharkie. Yes it does. :(

If this isn't an issue, I would probably be open to Urtok making a glorious appearance and failing in style all over the thread! Like a boss.

Tl;dr - We'll see, eh?

Echtronis

Paradox! I know this story might be taking a serious-ish overtone, but I would, in NO WAY, have you tone either yourself, or Urtok, down for the sake of all this tombroodery. Every story needs a healthy dose of comic relief, and I would love your personal injection to seep and marinate in this tale, as you would have it. In that, and the spirit that it IS an open plot, please, feel free to interject Urtok in any way you see fit. I think we're all more than capable of writing alongside any silliness you might bring into it. You are totally welcome , nay, DESIRED to come on in in all your glory! You got the badge for a reason my sharky friend!

visualspice

lol that drawing...
PpPoOOoOoooOOsts

XD

Echtronis

To whom it may concern, if reading anything in this plot thread makes you concerned about how you can fit your character in,
just remember this:

visualspice

Echtronis

Spice there's something about your face there thats coming off to me as distressed!