Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Arms and Weapens [Complete]

Started by chandonr, June 18, 2014, 04:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chandonr

He walked closer to where Alex was working and watched the process. It was quite graceful. Alex as able to put in the runes, but they were extremely small. Even Deimos couldn't see them at the current point. Deimos had never thought of the concept to uses tiny runes to mimic the power of bigger runes.

"You are an intelligent person, you are. I've never seen such a design, you've crafted it exactly as I saw it in my head. It's quite amazing" He continued to look at the weapon, and went to go pick one up.

The weapon was extremely light and felt like it glided on air. He placed the knuckles on his left hand. He crossed a strap and felt the secure grip that he had on the weapon. Deimos grabbed the other knuckle and placed it on his hand in the same manner.

"I think I'll call them the... The Talons" He said allowed as he walked to the middle of the store. " Excuse this, but I really want to try out these blades like if I was really fighting.."

He reached the middle of the store and looked around, he saw no one else in sight. He closed his eyes and opened them once again. Everything looked normal to him, but to Alex, he would look jittery. Deimos was in his speed mode, he was moving at a speed that would be a blur to most human eyes. He changed into his fighting stance and crossed his hands in front of him. He came back around and sliced down. Deimos jumped up, came back down and placed his hands at the position of where a head would be.

During this process, he never actually touched anything else. He slowed down after landing the last jump. He was breathing at the same rate as before and took off the gloves. He placed them back on the counter and pulled out a pouch.

"They are amazing, they flow through the air like the air itself." He tossed the pouch on the table which made a clacking noise like the noise of coins hitting each other. "Inside you should find 250 gold coins, the extra is for the runes and a extra bonus for being pro-mage"

Slightly Awkward New Guy

"Thank you for the compliments," Alex replied, smiling gently. It was always nice to be appreciated for what he did. No real craftsmen would ever scorn praise. It was kind of like being praised for being a good parent, really. It made him feel good about himself.

And then he tested them out. At first, he kind of vibrated in place, and then he moved. Alex could hardly see him at all. He was slightly able to track him because of the practice he had with gravity forced him to adapt to high speeds, but this man could end him before he could react. Still, he liked the name for whatever they were. Personally, Alex called them knuckle-knives.

And then he was paid. Generously. Alex gaped at him for a moment as his mind processed this. He could expand his shop with this. He could pay a few friends of his to make a hidden room below for a secret forge where he could do so much more. This was amazing. "T-thank you," Alex began, composing himself, "You are very generous. In the future, you can expect my utmost cooperation." He could tell this man was sharp, by him having added the extra for the runes before he even knew of Alex's talents. Yes, Deimos was one to look out for in the future.

chandonr

Deimos nodded with a smile. "I expect that you have never seen a mage with superhuman speed, there's only a few of us out there." He lied on purpose. Although he liked Alex, no one needed to know about him being a vampire. Only Lilla really knows, no one else in the House even knew about his true species.

" This is a small price to pay for such a impressive crafted weapon, and I'm glad you will work with my house on this upcoming conflict. My curiosity is peaked. What type of power do you have, some form of telekinetics?"

Slightly Awkward New Guy

Alex had no clue at all as to what his new found business partner really was. So he took his words at face value. While intelligent and a good actor, Alex wasn't fond of lying, and wasn't good at discerning lies. Besides, he didn't need to know. But as for his power, "I can manipulate gravity. Completely and totally. Of course, some things are harder than others, but many things are possible. I can change the direction gravity faces, the intensity of gravity, and many other things. It's taught me a lot. Here, look," He held up a ball of iron that was on the table and it began to float. Suddenly, various small objects began to rotate around it.

"I'm not actually influencing the other objects. Just the ball itself. Apparently, the sun works like this, and our entire world would be one of the various things around it. At first, I though our planet was in the middle. Then I immediately challenged that though. Why WOULD be be the center of everything? As I observed more, I discovered this as well..." Suddenly, around the other objects, he allowed more to orbit around those. And then he lifted another ball separate from it all, and more scraps of metal and stuff orbited it, with smaller things orbiting those as well.

"From my observations, This is how the universe works." He grinned at Deimos.

chandonr

Deimos watched intriguingly as Alex manipulated the iron. In all his years, he had never seen a mage that could manipulate gravity. Already in his mind, Deimos saw Alex growing into a powerful mage, but only time would tell.

" Well good luck telling the churches around here that." He said with a grin. "According to him, the earth is the almighty plant." Deimos pointed to the ceiling when he said 'him'. He also said this in a sarcastic tone, he didn't believe the earth was the center. But who was he to say anything different?

" Your powers are definitely unprecedented. As I said earlier, I would love to have you as a part of this conflict when it comes that time. Also, if you ever have time to come to Reajh, find House Aphrodisios and come by. It's not that hard to find. Maybe Lilla or one of our other mages can help teach you how to enhance and greater control your powers. My family is trying to help train and better arm the mages. You could also use my forge if you wish, I don't use it often, but it has the top of the line equipment."

Uthlyn was a great place, one of Deimos favorite. But Deimos rarely had the chance to come into Uthlyn, due to the position he had within the House. It required Deimos to be their daily to make sure things ran as plan. He thought about how if Alex could at least visit Reajh, they could train him. Maybe even Lilla could help him expand his power. Deimos was always thinking about the best he could do to help someone like his family, a mage.

Slightly Awkward New Guy

Chuckling, Alex replied, "I'd never tell the church about this. Every male in my family has always had the ability. It predates the entire nation, honestly. I'm the last Stone, so it'll probably die with me." He seemed a bit put out about that. The power had never been passed down to the females, oddly enough. No female in his family has ever passed it down to their sons either, and no Stone of the main line has ever had any other magic potential either.

"I'll definitely stop by. I've been known to make house calls before."

chandonr

Deimos listened to Alex, and found his story interesting. Every families magical potentials varys. For his family, everyone has magical powers, but each family is different. He was preparing to leave but then Alex said something that made Deimos have more things that he wanted to say.

" You don't look too old, it still seems like you have time to father a child," While he talked, he grabbed his weapons, the Talons, and placed them in a bag he was carrying along with him. The bag did not cut or get ripped by the blades.

Slightly Awkward New Guy

A wry grin flashed on his face. "Perhaps." He had enjoyed this encounter a lot. It was profitable and amicable. Still, Alex had a few errands to run today. He had to hire a few people he knew to help expand his shop. "It was nice to meet you, Deimos Aphrodisios. You're a good man. However, I do have a few things left to do. If you need anything else, you know where to find me!" He laughed, "And yes, I'll likely stop by sometime soon. Maybe when business is low here."

chandonr

" Please do. I'll see you next time fate brings us together" Deimos nodded and walked out of the store. He could hear the blades clacking in the bag. He walked home, and worked on making new ideas before going on about his night.