Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Waking From the Dead

Started by visualspice, July 12, 2013, 04:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The General gestured towards the soldier.
"See to it she gets a clean bed, I'll tend to this soldier and question the others. MIght as well see where we are needed."A nd he gestured for them both to be off.

OOC: Feel free to control the npc soldiers XD maybe we can hint at something that might make the soldier start a rumor that she can cure nightmares or something~
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

The soldier seemed nervous as he led the way. Solita followed silently, honestly just as nervous as the soldier. She made the soldiers nervous because she was a mage, but she could do no harm to them with her power, so only their ignorance made the chill of fear run up their spines. She was surrounded by soldiers; soldiers in who most of which hated her kind.

"Umm, just around the corner," The soldier spoke as if trying to fill the awkward silence that fell between them with something, anything, before looking over.
He cleared his throat lightly. "How did you help him sleep, how did you heal his mind?" The soldier as timidly, as if scared the words leaving his mouth might some how get him in trouble.

Solita shrugged as her answer, she truly had no idea.

visualspice

"Was it..." the soldier pressed. "Part of your magic?" And the last part of his question was whispered.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Solita looked up at the soldier who was a bit taller than her, of course everyone was taller than her. She didn't honestly know how to respond, she didn't know, but she soon found herself nodding a yes to the soldier before hurrying off to her clean bed. She didn't want to answer any more questions, or see anymore dying, injured men.

She wanted to snuggled close to Killian and fall asleep, of course she knew that would never happen. So she decided having the fact he was so near and safe would have to due. It was better than nothing and much better than before when she didn't know here he was or if he were dead of alive.

visualspice

The soldier was in awe, and when the healer had left his side, he made a marking with his finger across his chest and moved off to pace elsewhere on his own. The idea rattled him, and when Zannrick was doing his rounds, he noticed the soldiers sudden activity and stopped him in his tracks.

"What are you doing, soldier?"

The man looked up at the mordecai with a frown.
"I.. I've seen something. Something strange.. the bizarre working miracles of magic. Ansgar save us all."

Zannrick made a face.
"You mean the healer?"

"Yes."

Zannrick peered over into the mess of groaning injured men before glancing back to the soldier.
"It's best to catch some sleep now if you can, soldier. Save your strength for another time."
And he left the soldier to it, while he himself sought out the General.

Though when he inquired nad spoke up about the healer- Serenus only shrugged.

"And this soldier went on to tell me something more interesitng than your healer just healing wounds on men..."

And Serenus now turned, more curiously so at the mordecai as Zannrick's eyes hardened.

"He said this elf healer cured dreams." And before Serenus could respond to that, Zannirck added, "See that she does not start any foolish rumors that are not true. The man seemed almost to wish to bless her powers- good thing his religion seemed strong enough to deter such irrational thoughts."

"I'll see what ca be done," Serenus said with a smile, his eyes going to the fireside in his office as he pondered over the entire events of the day.
It had been quite interesting indeed....
But to heal dreams? Cure nightmares? It seemed strange, but he saw no reason for anyone to fear over this- unless.. she was able to change people's opinions and their minds. And even that notion made his belly turn cold.

paganchick

Solita found her dreams full of monsters, terrors and horror. She spent the night tossing turning and covered in sweat. It was a relief when she finally opened her eyes to find it was morning and at least for the time being the nightmares were over.

visualspice

But the time for other's nightmares was not quite done. It seemed the restless ones moaned even louder today than they had before, and the soldier from earlier approached Solita as she was waking.
"Are you ready for the day?" he asked her, voice barely above a whisper. "We have a lot of men who need seen to."

paganchick

Solita got up, still drenched in sweat and exhausted from her nightmares of the night before. She pushed her hair back off of her sweaty forehead before giving the man a nod and walking to his side. Ready for him to lead the way to where ever she could help.

visualspice

Men were lined up all along the walls, and as much as Zannrick began to gain interest, General Serenus warned him to keep back when Solita was working- but while she was attending to a series of men, he came barging int the room anyway, and instantly, his powers negated whatever magics may have been brewing.

"There are some rumors circulating about you girl." And Zannrick set his lips firmly, as his gaze pierced down at her. "So it's about time we had a little talk."

paganchick

Solita stood up straight, her body growing tense at the sight of the mordicai, oh how she disliked the man. "I think you are just upset because I am proof that not all magics bad, and that not all mages are bad," she replied, seeming to grow a back bone when ever around the man. Of course the night or terrors and exhausted only egged on her growing attitude.

visualspice

"Girl, I am upset because our last Grand Duke is dead because of ones like you and their arrogance. Ansgar save their souls. No, I am not afraid of a silly healing girl," he told her poisonously while he narrowed his gaze. "But what I am afraid of is you spreading any none sense about what you really are. These men think you are performing miracles- even curing nightmares. A healer is a healer, girl, make no mistakes. But claiming to do something so ridiculous.." He shook his head and his icy stare turned colder.

"I will not tolerate such ideas among the ranks of Connlaothian men. Be sure to quell the rumors by confessing to the truth."

paganchick

"I stopped that mans nightmares last night!" She said her voice raising slightly in anger. "Me confessing the truth is it appears that my healing appears to go beyond that of just physical wounds. I don't know the extent, it might not go beyond removing nightmares, but I know that that is one thing I can do, and I will not be bullied by you!" She spoke in aggravation. She was exhausted and frustrated and tired of the man.

visualspice

Zannrick's eyes narrowed.
"Watch your tongue, girl," he growled. "Serenus might be the commanding General here, but he holds not jurisdiction when my word is treated like that of the Grand Duke's."

paganchick

"Would the grand Duke condone the killing of a poor girl who can ease the burden of a tortured soldier, a soldier tortured by his own mind?" She asked. Her voice was no longer full of frustrated but full of softly spoken disgust.

visualspice

Zannrick's glare did not lift.
"He would if she was slandering his name and that of the will of Ansgar."

paganchick

"How am I slandering anyone's name? I haven't done a thing to hurt either in thought nor action, I am simply existing. If anything I am helping the Grand Duke, I'm healing his forces while they slaughter the innocent and guilty alike while you remain here babysitting me, someone's powers are nothing but of a healing nature. You could be rallying troops and fighting the guilty elsewhere," Solita spoke her words coming out slow and soft. She wasn't afraid of the man, he was a man of hate, she wonder what ever happened to him that made him so cold and heartless.

visualspice

"The more you speak the more you anger me girl," Zannrick growled. "Our men are not murderers and you, most certainly, are no saint. Just watch your tongue. If I'm alerted again about you... I'll take this matter personally to the Grand Duke himself."

paganchick

"I do not aim to be a bleep on your radar, I'm simply trying to preform my duties," Solita replied before turning her back on the man to face the next soldier she was to help.

visualspice

Zannrick left her there to do her work- saying not but a word. It was evident his eyes would be on her- either his, or the men that worked for him among them. It was hours later when Killian showed up, peering in to see how Solita was doing with a tired smile.
"Hey." he told her, moving up close to her side. "How are you fairing? It's not too much for you here, now is it?"

paganchick

Solita got back to work as soon as he left, she was growing tired of the man and wasn't going to let him get under her skin.
"I'm fine," she spoke offering Killian a soft tired smile.