Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Waking From the Dead

Started by visualspice, July 12, 2013, 04:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Killian shook his head.
"But Solita, that isn't true! By Angsar's breath, I'm such a moron and I.." and it was only then he noticed her pointed ears and blinked. "And.. you're.. you're an elf?" he asked, his voice in but a whisper, as if afraid he might break glass if he were to speak any louder. He stared at her ears, then to her face. "Gods... they're going to hang you," he whispered, a soft whimper escaping his lips as more tears ran down his face.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Solita pulled her hands back, moving her hair over her ears better.
She took a long deep breath in silence. Closing her eyes for a moment, gathering herself, she wouldn't let herself get hysterical.

"You are not making this any easier on me Killian. I..." Solita took a deep breath, blinking back the tears that had rushed to her eyes.
She reached forward, wiping more of his tears away.
"Be proud of me, okay, I save a life, I saved your life, okay," She said simply as one tear fell down her face.
She knew what her fate would be, she didn't have to have him to tell her.

visualspice

"Oh no.. Gods, no! Do not think I am not happy you saved my life!" he exclaimed, his blue eyes wide as he shook his head. He reached his hands out, finding hers and holding them tight. "But Gods.. the things I've seen on the field, out in battle..."

And a guard came by, his boots heavy upon the stone way. He rattled his spear against their cell bar doors.
"Keep quiet in there, you two. We don't need the pair of you riling up the other criminals." And he sneered at the pair before moving away, back to his post.

Killian's eyes had been glued upon the man, before he closed his gaping mouth and looked over at her.
"I'm sorry, Solita. I truly am," he whispered, squeezing her hand and moving a hand forward now to brush away her tears. But the images, the horrifying images of what they had done to the mages was still burned inside his mind. It was wicked, it was cruel, and now he felt himself swell on the inside with fear for her. He squeezed her hand, tried to keep himself steady, but it was so hard, especially after the stress he had just gone through from the last ambush, the last battle...
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

What Solita heard the guard coming her heart all but stopped. She knew that eventually one of those guards were eventually going to be leading her to her death. She was terrified. She wouldn't let her fear rule her though, if she was going to die she was dead set on trying to enjoy the little time she had the best she could.

"Hey... Now don't think about all of that. None of that matters right now, okay," Solita spoke, once again trying to soothe Killian as best she could. She squeezed his hands tightly.
"Now don't you be sorry, you can't help you were caught in the ambush, just like I can't help what I am. You have nothing to be sorry for, the laws that I am under aren't your fault," She spoke, hoping her words offered him some comfort but doubted they would.

visualspice

"Yes, but I still can't help it... Solita..." He squeezed her hand, his blue eyes shining with tears. "As a knight of Connlaoth, I was in the thick of it all. As a knight, I supported this. Gods..."
Flashes of the fight, all the killing.... the deaths... all of it that had left scars inside him came welling to the surface as a few more hot tears slid down his face.
"I'll find a way to make this right. I promise you."

This time when a guard came by, he gave the pair of them a sneer.
"You'll be questioned in the morning. The head guard is out on a mission right now. So for now, the pair of you better behave. We've got mordecai all over this place, so don't even think about trying something." And with that, the guard walked away.

Killian released his breath, his lips trembling as he stared over at the window. It was late evenign by now, he could see it in the violet sky. The stars would be outsoon, as would the moon.
"Perhaps we ought to try to get some rest.." he said, scooting closer to the bars as he still held her hand. He tried to smile, in spite of all of this. "Perhaps there's still hope. Perhaps they'll understand... after all, you did save my life."
Yes, he had to remain positive, if for anyone, for her.

paganchick

The guard's comment on not to try anything funny almost made Solita laugh. What the guard didn't know was she didn't have the type of power to try to escape. She was a healer, not a war mage, she simply couldn't do anything destructive like war mages could.

Solita scooted to where she was right up against the bars.
"Okay, lets rest," She spoke, squeezing his hand.

visualspice

Killian lay on his side. The ground was hard and cool, hardly comfortable enough for sleep, but his eyes never left hers. And he felt tired and achy, but his heart was racing a mile a minute, as was his mind. Smiling back at her, he squeezed her hand.
What were they going to do? The odds were stacked against them...
and soon he found his eyes drifting towards the window in the cell, staring out at the stars until the moon was rising well into view, and the sky was changing into the red-violet of morning.

He heard the rustle of keys... the guards had come to get them, when suddenly a scream outside in the streets had them halting.

"What was that?" one of them said.

Then there was an explosion and more screaming and panic. As the guards left, Killian sat up in his cell, arms gripping the bars as he looekd down the hall. A second later, he was smelling smoke, and another explosion shook the building.

"Gods.. what's going on out there?" he breathed.

paganchick

Solita had curled up and had managed to fall asleep, she was rather exhausted not only because she had spent so much energy healing Killian but because she was already so weak.
She was woken up by the sound of the guards coming towards the cell, then woken up even more by a boom.

Solita sat up quickly, causing the room to spin a bit. She smelt the smoke, heard the next boom, felt the way it shook the building.
"The only thing it could be, the mages have made it this far, they are finishing what they started," Solita spoke, her voice trembling slightly. She was a bit scared herself, she didn't have a lot of active magic like some mages, though she was an elf, she if they came into the prison and if she hadn't been killed by an explosion she would probably be spared. Killian on the other hand, was a different story.

"If they make it in here they might try to kill you...." Solita said, seeming to grow a bit worried.

visualspice

Killian shook his head. He was still in his armor, this he knew, but he was defenseless. They had taken his sword and shield when he was tossed into the pile on the cart with the other injured. Now, he felt himself beginning to sweat, his world spinning as he closed his eyes.

"There's nothing we can do right now, Solita. There's is nothing to fear. For now, we can only wait and see." But another explosion smashed directly into the side of the building, and soon the entire room flooded with debris, smoke and dust.

Coughing, Killian felt temporarily deafened, and he was blinded by all of the smoke, the dust..
he tried to swat his hands through it, tried to see, before calling out, "Solita!? SOLITA!!" Gods he hoped she was ok. His ears were still ringing as he looked frantically about.

paganchick

Solita heard a loud noise then everything went blank for a moment.
The only thing she could hear was the rushing of her own blood, her body hurt. She had been blown back and cut up by some of the debris. Her head hurt the worst, it was throbbing.
She coughed, trying to clear some of the dust from her lungs.
"K-killian?" She called out softly.
She reached forward with her hands, trying to feel for his hand. She slowly realized she was laying on her stomach. So slowly she moved to her knees trying to look around, but seeing nothing because of how thick the air was with dust.

visualspice

"SOLITA!" Upon hearing her voice, his breath quickened and he rushed her way, all but forgetting the cell bars that separated them as a 'clunk' was heard as his body met with them at full force.

"Owe.." he siad, rubbing at his face that now stung from the strike. But then, as he reached a gloved hand forward, fingers lightly feeling for the cell bars, the moment he touched them, he gasped and felt one of them come loose.

"Solita! LOok out! One of the cell bars is about to fall!" and no sooner did he finish speaking did the bar break away from it's confines, and went crashing loudly onto Solita's jail cell floor.

paganchick

Solita managed to shuffle back to just miss getting his by the bar.
She then moved to the bars, trying to reach through them to feel for Killian, she was small enough to squeeze through the gap that the missing bar would have left behind. She pulled herself to her feet and the room started to spin, but she didn't let that stop her.
"Killian," She spoke before coughing some more.
"I'm going to try to get into your cell, okay," She spoke as she ran her hands over the bars until she felt the gap the missing bar created.

She turned sideways and started to fit herself through the small space.

visualspice

Killian held a breath, his heart beating inside his ears. Then he heard her, and thank Gods he did as he released a held breath. At her plan, he moved away, allowing some space, but the smoek was still thick, but not blinding enough to stop him from seeing..
"Solita!" and once she was on his side, he scooped her up suddenly, clutching her into a tight embrace, one that felt as if he might never, ever let her go from.

paganchick

Solita wrapped her arms around his neck weakly, clearly glad to be in his arms, it was extremely comforting.
She leaned her head against his chest, taking slow deep breaths, trying to catch her breath, the dust in the air making it hard for her to do so.
"What do we do next? She we stay here or what?" She asked softly.

visualspice

Killian tried to talk,but was coughing through his words.
"I think it might be dangerous anywhere we go." he spoke, his mind whirling. "But if this is our chance to escape.." he took her, squeezing her to him tightly. "Then we ought to do it."

paganchick

Solita nodded.
"Okay, if you think it is for the best," She said before leaning up and kissing him on the cheek.
She knew that it was going to be rough, if the mages were attacking they would attack the two because of the way Killian was dressed.
"Do you have something decent under your armor? if the mages are here they will kill us if they see you in your knight armor."

visualspice

Killian shook his head.
"It's too dangerous to take it off.." though she had a point. "And it would take too long. Come on, we ought to take our chances now while the smoke is still thick." He stood up, listened to the noises outside before pulling Solita up beside him.
"Come on, just stick close and we'll be ok."

paganchick

Solitaire was terrified, she clung to Killian as they made their way through the chaos. She was terrified they would fun into a mage and they would be killed. She wasn't strong enough to heal Killain again, so if he was hurt again she would have to watch him die.

visualspice

Killian kept a close hold on Solita, keeping her at his side as he stepped out through the broken stone wall and out into the grasses. Debris and smoke still covered the ground,a nd he could hear the chaos of foot steps as he kept the pair of them close to the building, groping onto the wall as he felt his way along.

"Just stay close, stay quiet.." he whispered, though a swell of smoke rolled over them, he couldn't help but cough, and just as he did so, the smoke began to fade, and before him was an armed group of guards, looking every bit the angry and fierce role they ought to play.

"Hands where I can see them!"

And then another explosion went off, and Killian was thrown against the wall.

The world was white,a nd the ringing in his ears sent a shock wave through his brain. The world was moving back and forth like the rocking ship sailing on the ocean, but as he came around, he looked down, realizing, with relief, he still held Solita protectively in his arms. Though he couldn't hear, he still tried to ask her.
"Are you alright!?"

But then he looked up, paling as a group of mages approached, their bodies on fire and hteir faces mean and half covered in blood. And the guard from earlier remained nothing but charred pieces on the ground.

paganchick

Even though Solita was still in Killians arms the blast had made the world around her spin. Once again all she could hear was the rushing of her own blood. She leaned heavily against Killian for a moment before looking up and seeing the mages.

They were so angry she could almost feel the hate rolling off of them like surges of heat. She had to do something, if not they would both be dead. She pulled free from Killians grasp, standing in front of Killian.

"I'm a mage," She screamed, she fell to her knees, a trampled nearly dead flower before here. She put her hands around it, forcing her energy to the plant. The plant in a matter of minutes was standing though some of the pedals were still brown and it wasn't the healthiest flower ever it still proved she had magic.

She looked back up at the mages, "And he helped me, if you kill him your will have to kill a mage first, you will have to kill me," She screamed as she looked up into their angry bitter faces.