Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Waking From the Dead

Started by visualspice, July 12, 2013, 04:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

A large man from the group stepped forward, a mean scowl upon his face.
"So what if you're a mage? Are you supporter the soldiers?" he scowled, looking from the flower, then up to Solita accusingly.

"N-no! It's not like that!" Killian tried to protest.

"Silence and let the woman speak!" the man barked, and Killian fell silent at his words.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

"Just him, can you not see where I am coming from. It wasn't you, my own kind that has saved me from starvation, who has cared for me and roomed me, it was him, he is not taking up arms against you, since your attacks on this town have started he has been trying to protect me. I am no war mage, I am a healer. He was in that prison there because of his association with me!" Solita stood, backing up towards Killian slowly.
"I don't care if you kill everyone else in this town, though, I have never seen war solve anyones problems, if it is what you feel you must do, just don't kill him," Solita spoke, her words abnormally loud.

visualspice

"Then you are a fool to befriend our enemy. You house them, you face the consequences," the man growled, then gestured. "Step aside. We are aiming to take over this facility to save our commrads in arms that are locked inside. If you stay out of our way, we'll do the same for you."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

"No more foolish than an ant trying to take over a mountain," Solita spoke as she grabbed at Killian, pulling him along to get out of the mages way. If they wanted to save the mages, good, they deserved to be saved.

visualspice

Killian had been silent most of the time. He wasn't sure what to say, and he only found his voice as he was being dragged away.
"It's like the battle field has come home," he said, his eyes widening in disbelief. "Solita, be careful where you step. The mages aren't the only one's causing these explosions." Though why were the knights using black powder bombs on home ground?This was crazy, everything was crazy, and as they wound their way through the smoke, Killian nearly tripped over one of the wounded men.

"G-General Serenus!" he stammered, his eyes going wide as he peered down at the gaping, bloodied wound in the man's gut.

The General looked up, and despite the wound, the man was smiling.
"The mages are getting away, but we will not let them harm the city any more than they've been. You there, I see you are unarmed. Take my sword and go after them."

Killian felt numb by his words,a nd was never a man to disobey orders, especially from a man so high up in command, but slowly he found himself shaking his head before sputtering, "But G-General.. you're bleeding!"

The General laughed and lifted himself up a bit off of the grass.
"That I am.I can see it and feel it boy, what of it? Do not all soldiers bleed? But now is not the time to worry about wounds. The mages are breaking into the prison, and some very dangerous mages are being kept int here that have yet to be transported up North, to the camps. We can't let them get out, or this battle will only get worse."

And for a brief moment, Killian froze, uncertain what to do. The General assumed his hesitation was due to the fact there was a girl beside him.
"You girl, what are you doing here? This place is unsafe. Soldier," he shot a sharp gaze towards Killian. "You, of all people in this city know it's unwise to drag a woman here near the prisons. Have her follow the wall and stay out of the way This is now a battle sight, this is war! And no one is safe, not even you, child," and he gestured towards Solita, and it was only then he noticed she wore the mark of the mage.

"But General..."

"But nothing, that's an order, solider!"

BUt could he really just let the General die like this!?

paganchick

Solita looked between the two men. The battle didn't scare here, she was a survivor, she had always been able to wiggle herself out of tight spaces.
She turned to Killian, hugging him tightly, leaning on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek, " Don't get killed, I will stay with him okay," She whispered in his ear before releasing him from her embrace.

Solita turned to the man, kneeling down beside him. The wound was bad, but nearly as bad as Killian's had been earlier.
"We should get you off the battlefield as well as myself," She spoke to the older man, not looking up to see if Killian had taken off. She knew how much being a knight meant to him, so she didn't want to get him into any more trouble.

visualspice

Killian was torn between his duty, and protecting the woman who had saved his life. But what was ther eto say, he took a few steps away, eyes going frightfully wide as he clutched onto the General's sword and disappeared into the smoky mists.

As he did so, the General chuckled as Solita fussed over him.
"Just help me get to my feet and I should be right as rain. I' carry two swords on me for a reason." And he hooked an arm around her, and once he was on his feet, he released a pained sigh, a hand clutching his wound. "Thank you girl, but why are you helping me? Are you not apart of this attack?"
The General was more open minded than most, and wasn't dumb enough to believe all mages were the enemy.

paganchick

The moment the general touched her her energy started to flow into him. It made her knees buckle slightly but she managed to steady herself before both of them fell.
"I was put in that prison because I healed Killian, that is why he was in the prison as well. He wasn't dead but they just threw him in the dead pile, I, well, he saved me once so I couldn't just let them let him die," She spoke, closing her eyes as she continued to feel the man pull at her energy.
"You know you are  too wounded to fight, you will just be a sitting duck," She said, not answering his question right away. She let herself think about it, why exactly was she helping him?
"I am helping you because Killian seemed like he cared about you, and because you didn't order him to kill me when you saw my mark. War and violence have never solved anyones problems, it only causes heartache and death. There will always be someone who thinks I am evil and going to try to poison there mind simply because I was born with a gift, like someone who is extremely talented in music and art. They cannot help that they have that gift, and if not used, its wasted because it could be put to good use," Solita tried to explain as she helped him hobble along.

visualspice

At first, the General grunted, growing a bit tense, almost defensive when he felt his wound tingle an d suddenly, the flesh as seeping together, weaving and blending together as the flesh began to knit and heal. The General stared at the healing wound for a moment before looking up at her.

"Not many would believe you in a country such as this," he told her truthfully. "You should have let me die, but I won't run you through. You've done no harm. You wear the mark so we are aware of what you are, it'sthose without marks, those with dark intentions who disobey the laws that have helped toss this country into bloody chaos." He shook his head.

"You seem to care a great deal for that boy.I'll see what I can do in getting him home, but you shouldn't be out here." then he paused, studying her. "Do you have a name, girl?"

paganchick

"Anyone who is persecuted for long enough can turn bitter," Solita stated softly about the mages with the darker intentions. By the time his wound was healed she was rather weak, she tried to hide it though, healing Killian had taken more out of her, but she was still recovering from that.
"My name is Solita Sir," She spoke, her voice soft as always.

visualspice

"Solita," he repeated, and gave a nod of his head. He seemed to all but ignore her question, that was, until he responded. "People have a choice where they live. If things were so terrible here, you'd think the mage population would be wise and move to Serendipity." ANd he didn't state it harshly, more like a matter of fact. But now that he was feeling better, he smiled more broadly and took the girl in.
"Though it seems you've done well for yourself. Perhaps once this war is over and the mages calm down, you and that soldier might settle down?" THough before either of them could say or do anything, another massive blast exploded off the side of the building, and the force sent both the General and Solita to the ground.

paganchick

The impact to the ground sent her head reeling once more. Her thoughts weren't with herself even though she now bled from a wound on her head. Her thoughts were with Killian and hoping he was okay, and hadn't been hurt by the explosion. She slowly sat up up, barely able to keep her eyes open as the area around her felt like it was spinning a mile a minute.
She finally looked over the the man, seeing if he was okay, or if the explosion had somehow hurt or killed him.

visualspice

A groan indicated the General was still alive, but when the dust settled, it was evident his condition went from bad to worse. He was bleeding just about everywhere, and now he was clutching onto his arm that had a gaping wound now on the side.

paganchick

Solita crawled over to the General, looking him over slowly.
"Oh Lawdy, you just can't seem to stay whole can you?" Solita said, more to herself than to the man. He looked bad, and if she didn't do something he would only get worse. She couldn't kill herself healing everyone she saw that was injured, but she didn't want this man to die.
She knew he was in the higher ups, so he could help clear Killian's name, and if she had any luck at all, he could keep her from being thrown into the mage camps.
She moved to the General, setting his head on her lap.
She laid her hand on the man, she had to fight his body from drawing her energy. She had to focus on only healing what had to absolutely be healed for his survival.

visualspice

At her touch, the General grunted.
"What.. what are you doing girl?" he demanded through a half winced growl.

paganchick

"Shut up and relax," Solita spoke in a combination of frustration and concentration.
"I'm keeping you from dying, unless that is your plan, and if that is so go ahead and tell me so I don't waste my energy. Ain't nobody here to see me heal ya so you don't have to tell anyone and get yourself into trouble. I can tell Killian cares for ya and so I don't want ya to die. okay?"

visualspice

The General raised his brows questionably at the girl, but simply nodded.
"In this moment of severity, I will over look your magic taint, but girl, you must realize whom you are dealing with." And at this, he chuckled. "For I'm the General of the entire Northern Army here in Connlaoth, and my goal is to eradicate all mages who pose a threat to our nation."

paganchick

"Well Mr General, how is healing a threat to anyone. Especially since I have only healed Killian and yourself?" Solita asked with a deep sigh, feeling the pull on her energy. She was starting to feel weaker with each passing moment. She healed all that she could before pulling away. She took a deep breath.
"There, You should live now."

visualspice

The General still kept his smile, a chuckle ever present in his eyes as he nodded his head.
"Healing magics, perhaps the least of all evil," he went on, though it was hard to tell if he was joking or not, though his smile seemed to imply he was. "Are a generous property, I assure you, but most magics are not that simple." And then he noted something, her complexion paling as he frowned and sat up, surprised by the fact he had regained most of his strength and the pain, all but disappeared.
"Girl, are you alright?"

paganchick

Solita leaned back on her hands, waving off the general's concern.
"I will be fine, but healing takes its toll, nothing comes free, not even with magic," She spoke, closing her eyes and taking a slow breath.
"Just try not to get hurt again because I doubt I could heal you again," She added, a gentle smile spreading across her face.