Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Waking From the Dead

Started by visualspice, July 12, 2013, 04:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Ah, young love. It must seem like such a horrible thing the war has come between you. I hear and read many a letters about spouses and lovers lamenting over their lost or missing lovers. It's tragedy all around us. But unfortunately this is war- and all we can do is fight and pray."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

"And I am praying that Killian isn't lying under the rubble we are walking over," Solita replied with her head down a bit, her mind drifting deep off into thought. What would come once they had made it out of the city, what would happen to Killian and herself. Would she be killed? Or would something worse happen, she had heard of places that exsperimented on mages, would she be sent there? She frowned as she thought about it.

visualspice

"If you wish, young girl, you can accompany us all the way back to the barracks," the General offered. "If your soldier is alive and well, he will know to report there within the day. For now, I suggest you do not fret so easily. Certainly, death is all around us, but it is best not to assume until you see for yourself where the blood has spilled than to worry yourself unto death."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

"Well history tends to repeat its self and last time we were separated he all but died," She whispered the words barely audible as she continued walking with the men to the barracks.

visualspice

Serenus only smiled at her remark. He had seen it all and was thankful when they had all made it to the barracks with no other attacks against his men, but he might not be the only one surprised, for they had barely taken a few steps into the place did a familiar voice cut through the voices of men.
"Solita!" It was Killian, and his blue eyes shined upon seeing her. He shouldered his way through the others until he was upon her,a nd hesitated not to capture her in an embrace as he held her fierce.
"By Angsar's will, I was so afraid something had happened to you."

And General Serenus watched the exchange with a toothy grin.
"I doubt you were the only one fretting. See, young lady? I told you not to worry. The majority of my men have been coming back alive, and with you having given him a second chance, I doubt our good savior Angsar would have let him die so easily. I have no doubts great things might befall you both."

And it was at that wording that Killian peered up at the General curiously.
"But General... you do know that..."

And the General nodded.
"I am aware what she is, but I have something to share with you both. But later. Settle in and get yourselves warm. I need to check on the other men. Then I have something to share with your mage."

And Killian felt his heart tighten. Were they goign to take her away? Though it didn't seem likely, for the General was smiling, and surely he could not be so cruel as to smile over two young lovers being torn away by such a fate! But he could not help having his doubts. They were at war. Nobody wins in a war.

paganchick

Solita wrapped her arms tightly around Killian's neck. She felt hot stinging tears forming in her eyes. He was alive, he wasn't hurt, he was there in her arms. She could have died happy in that moment with so much relief falling on her. For that split moment when they first embraced, nothing mattered, it was just her and him and the rest of the world could wait until another time. Could wait until she could catch her breath and they had embraced each other. 

"To the gods I was terrified that I had lost you again," She whispered against his neck.

Solita grabbed Killian's hands tightly in her own. She couldn't describe how she felt in words.
"I saved your general on the battlefield, without me he would probably be dead, he isn't going to send me to my death after that, he isn't that type of man," She said squeezing his hands comfortingly.

visualspice

"Oh, Solita," he said, tears filling his own eyes at the sight of her own as he cupped her face with his hands and before she'd know it, he was kissing her suddenly.
"I'm just so glad you are safe."
And then he laughed as he added, "And I know...t he General is a good man, or else I'd never have wanted to take up arms or desire to become a knight."
And as he spoke, he kept his arms around her tightly, just holding her to him still as more hot tears spilled down his face.
"Oh, Solita.. I am sorry you worried over me."
But what could he do? He was a soldier- and this was war.

paganchick

Solita pulled back from the embrace only enough  to see his face. She moved a hand to his cheek, wiping away his tears.
"Shh," She said softly, a slight smile crossing her face, "There is no reason for you to apologize, you are a soldier and I am a worrier."
She then laid her head back against his chest and gave him another tight squeeze. "Its all going to be okay now," She whispered.

visualspice

Killian sheepishly brushed his tears away before he wrapped his arms around her again.
"I suppose we should count ourselves as lucky." ANd he peered over at the General who only smirked at the pair but gave Killian a knowing looking, and the young soldier nodded before looking back down to Solita.
"I believe the General wants to talk to us. Come on, let's wait for him in his office. It's just down this way." And he took her hand and guided her along, weaving through a sea of other soldiers, a few giving the pair a curious glance, and even a few others whistling at the girl as she passed.

"Easy men, treat a lady as a lady," Killian shot back, and it was enough to get the good natured whistles to cease.

Soon the pair were rounding a bend, where the office door was slightly ajar. Killian pushed it open and gestured for Solita to step inside before he himself followed her and he noted a pair of chairs before a desk and moved towards them, pulling one out for Solita.
"Here. We might as well make ourselves comfortable."
And once she was seated, he moved to begin a fire.
"The General might be busy since our return, in the mean time I'll get this place warm for us. I'm sure he has a lot f questions and a lot to go over about what's to become of us."

paganchick

Solita's face was a bright red by the time she made it to the office. She wasted no time in sitting down. She was glad that he was lighting a fire because though it wasn't as cold as it was outside, it was still very cold.
"What do you think he is going to tell us? Am I the only one who is worried about it? What if it is something that is bad?" She spoke looking up at Killian.

visualspice

Killian was still feeding the fire as he spoke.
"I'm not sure, but I know the General is a good man. Though there are rules he'd have to follow.. he might be able to help us appeal whatever case they have against us. You being a mage..... that's what I'm more concerned about." And he glanced at her, studying her over his shoulder. "Solita, I don't think he'll send you to a mage camp, bu tif he does..." and here he drew in a breath and studied her face for a moment before he informed her, "I will go with you. You should not suffer such a journey alone."

paganchick

Solita shook her head.
"No, I wouldn't want you to go, honestly, I would almost rather die than go there. You know I would probably die there, I would rather not suffer. I have suffered and went hungry enough as it is. Why go to a war camp that treat me worse than the streets?" She asked Killian softly. It wasn't a pretty thought, but it was true, she had plenty if time to think about it.

visualspice

"I know." Was all Killian could reply as he found himself wrapping his arms around her. "I know. But perhaps the General will be more generous with your fate. You did save his life after all."

paganchick

"I think he will," She said as she relaxed against Killian's chest.
"Did you get the fire going good?" She asked after a moment of silence.

visualspice

Almost forgetting about the fire entirely, he nodded to her and pulled away, but kept her arm latched around his.
"Yes, come, let's sit by the fire as we wait. General Serenus is a busy man, so we could be waiting for some time before he comes." And as he took a seat, he shivered a bit and held his hands up towards the fire.
"Have you been ok since I had to leave you? I still feel awful for that. But I have my duty to maintain as a soldier," he said quietly, staring at the flames as they reflected softly off of his blue eyes.

paganchick

Solita leaned heavily against Killian, "I have managed to survive, the same as I always have, I missed you, I worried about you, I thought about you every night," She whispered softly.

visualspice

At her words, Killian leaned into her, keeping his arms around her tightly as he just shared that moment with her in silence. His eyes were partially closed, and the only noise was the crackling of the fire before a soft squeak indicated someone was entering the room. Jolted from his moment of reverie, Killian was not entirely surprised to find the General smiling back at the pair.

"General Serenus!" he said, standing suddenly when the armored hand of the General was held up.

"Please, no formalities here. Feel free to sit down beside your girl." And here, the General gave Solita one of his grins before he walked over towards his desk, his armored boots thumping heavily upon the floor. "I see you've already made yourselves at home, good, good." And he paused beside the chair on his desk, fingers curling onto the back of it before he glanced over at the pair. "You know, in all of my years of service, things have never become so complicated for me as they have been now. THe war brings out... interesting scenarios, but at the end of the day, I am still a soldier who has sworn allegiance to my country and the Grand Duke."

At this, Killian felt himself stiffen as his hand instinctively held onto Solita's.

"Are you coming in here to inform us there is nothign you can do?"

At that, the General's eyes danced a little before he shook his head.
"On the contrary, your situation is most unusual, but I must admit, the proposition I have to offer you to relieve both of you of any sentencing is an interesting one indeed.' And his eyes went from Killian to Solita then to them both before he cleared his throat. "Are you ready to hear what I have to say? I know the pair of you have been through quite a lot today."

Killian licked his chapped lips and nodded his head eagerly.
"But of course. We've waited too long to hear what might become of us. And I trust your judgement, General." ANd he just hoped his trust was in the right man! Readjusting his weight upon his chair, he squeezed Solita's hand and awaited their judgement.

paganchick

Solita felt stiff. She just wanted to hear what the general had to say. She didn't care about formalities, or waiting a bit because their day had already been a long one. She started to feel an emotion that wasn't all to familiar with her, a hint of anger started to boil inside of her as she started to feel impatient, after all, it was truly her neck on the line.

"Please, just spit it out, I can't stand another moment of having the guillotine hanging over my neck, please, just tell me, us, what is to come of us."

visualspice

"Well, as ironic as it seems, with the war going on as it long as it has been, and despite Angsar's name sake thwarting the very existence of what you are, my child, it seems you have truly a gift." And here, the lead soldier gestured towards her while Killian blinked, not certain as to what he meanst But he wasn't about to keep them in suspense as he explained, "It turns out certain mage types are waived off on their 'restrictions' so to speak. Those with a healing ability, such as Solita's, the army finds quite useful, and so long as the mage is willing to submit herself to a mark and to conscription and work with the other soldiers and general's, such as myself, on the war efforts, then you won't be seeing a jail cell any time soon, or even the cold confines of those mage camps up north."

And though he smiled, it was an uneasy one, for even the General, in his good natured state, knew what sort of implications this had on the pair of them.
"And I might be able to pull a few strings so the two of you can remained stationed together, at least for a little while, but the decision is up to you. I will not force you either way, but I won't lie to you either. If you refuse to lend aid to the Connlaothian government, I will be forced to turn you in, and send you up North via mordecai escorts to the mage camps. And frankly, at a time like this and considering where we are currently stationed, this is the best I can offer."

Killian was silent a moment, his lips hanging open before he set his jaw and furrowed his brows sharply at the General.
"SO this is her only option? To fall in line with other soldiers where she can die in hopes to heal others, or go up north to try to survive the poor conditions of mage camps?"

Even though Serenus smiled, it was a sad one as he nodded.
"And due to our location... I can't offer a third option..."
That of which, Killian was even surprised he had mentioned. To think, he would have allowed the two of them to escape...
but as it were, they were now on the outskirts of a major city, and their fate was now set before them- both grim, and both with no real clear resolve as to what will become of Solita if and when the war comes to an end.

"So that is it then? To join soldiers or prisoners," Killian muttered softly, his eyes angrily cast upon the ground. But even still, he found himself squeezing Solita's hand in comfort before turning to her, eyes seeking her and seeing all the emotions that pooled within. "Well, this is your fate, Solita. I will support which ever you should decide."

paganchick

Solita was looking at the ground, breathing slowly, thinking over the proposition she was given.
She hated both of her options. She would rather die than go to the mage camps, but she wasn't soldier material, so as a soldier she just might do that, die.
She stayed silent for a while, with just the crackle of the logs from the fire, the room all of a sudden felt stale to her, the air stagnant.

"What can I expect if I choose to stay?" She spoke, finally breaking the silence, her voice soft, but holding something else within it that made her sound a bit different, it held anger. She was angry that she had to choose, she had to choose between death from starvation or death from war simply because she as a bit different than the men who sat in the room with her, because they feared her kind. She wouldn't be considered neutral, she would be helping the men, the duke who despised her kind kill her kind.