Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Waking From the Dead

Started by visualspice, July 12, 2013, 04:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: This thread takes place after this one: The Coldest Day of The Year and takes place in the spring there after~

-------------

It was at the beginning of the winter thaw. There was ample flooding, and ample winds, and ample tensions growing on the mountain passes down from the mage camps. The first boughts of resistance had begun, and although he had been trained for this for quite some time, it still came as a shock when rogue mage fighters suddenly attacked his camp. His garrison was small and quickly surrounded, the mordecai taken out first. Then the black powder was found...
and he couldn't recall the rest.

To Uthlyn! Uthlyn!
The bodies came back in cartloads, most being dead, but even the wounded had to be piled one on top of the other that as they carts rolled into town, it  was hard to tell which were meant to go to the graveyard, and which to the doctors.

A make shift hospital had been set on the east side of town, though many injured soldiers had been brought and treated here, the building barely had enough space to house them all, and soon tents were erected outside the building in the surrounding streets, and more and more scholars and women were brought in to tend to the wounded as the war progressed.

A particular cart load of men from the attack up north had been brought in, and it had been 2 days of rough travel. From the few that did survive with injuries, many died along the way, and it was here, before the tents, that the bodies were sorted. When a smaller body from a poor solider who's legs had been blown off was removed and revealed the unconscious form of Killian Gryst below, at first, they believed the man to be dead, but as another soldier was lifting him up to be discarded, he made a face.

"This one still feels warm. I think I see breathing."

"Toss him into the other cart anyway, if he ain't awake, he is of no use to us. He might as well be dead," one of the elder nurses stated. "He probably won't make it through the night anyway. Look at that gash to his head. If he ain't waking up now, he won't ever."

And the man nodded, and tossed Killian right along with the pile of the dead.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Though the little town she was in had been nice, by mid winter she knew it was time to move on. Solita had left Millie a note in case Killian came back looking for her stating that she was heading to Uthlyn. She had found a nice little spot to stay when not begging, it was tucked away, mostly out of the view and protected from the harsh wind. That was where she was when the bodies started rolling in. At first, in her hunger filled daze, she thought nothing of it. The thought of Killian soon rose to the for front of her mind though and cut through the haze. She was on her feet in a matter of moments.

Though her steps were not exactly steady she went racing through the streets, do her best to see if Killian had been in the mess, asking around, asking if anyone knew. She was mostly ignored. She had nearly lost hope as the day drug on. Either no one knew or no one would tell her, she could feel despair welling in the pit of her stomach. 

Maybe she would never know, maybe he had already been thrown in the ground. Still, even with the tears wanting to rush down her cheeks she sat against a wall so she could see the head nurse and where they were sorting bodies, maybe, just maybe she would find him. She sat there for a long while before catching a glimpse, at first she thought she was mistaken, then, after looking for a moment she knew. They were putting him in the dead pile. Solita felt the tears run over the brim on her eyes and before she knew it she was running to what she thought was his corpse.

She fell to her knees by his body, all she could hear was the rushing of blood in her eyes as her heart throbbed in her chest. If she would have stayed where she was she would have never known. She would have thought that he had just left, that their little day together was nothing. Still she couldn't say that the gods were on her side, there lay Killian on the ground at her knees, all covered in blood.

She slowly, hesitantly reached down, taking his hand in her own. He was still warm, which only made the tears run heavier down her face.
"Killian," She spoke softly, her voice ragged with emotion.

She might be able to save him, she looked up at the head nurse. That would be if the nurse would let her take care of him. She could of course heal him right where he lay, if he wasn't too far gone of course but that would surely get her sent to the mage camps.

visualspice

"What are you doing over there?" the head nurse snapped as she yanked onto Solita's hand and roughly pulled her away. "Let the dead get to their graves! We are very busy around here! You can mourn over your lost lover once he is in the ground! Now either pick up a shovel to help dig in the hills, or clean yourself up and help me inside with the suffering soldiers who are still alive."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Solita clung to Killian's hand, refusing to let go.
"He is not dead, I, I can keep him from dying, please, let me take care of him!" Solita sobbed as she resisted the pulling of the head nurse. She could save Killian right there but if he knew the truth, that she was a magic user would he still want her, would he still care? She was desperate, and her next actions all depended upon the head nurse and her next words.

visualspice

The nurse gave a mean glare.
"We can't heal the almost dead, girl," she said temperamentally. "If he hasn't woken up by now, he's not going to. We've got healthier soldiers that could use the treatments far better than he. Since there was a renegade band of mages halting supplies to this city, we're running low. I have strict orders not to waste them  and he.."she said, pointing to Killian. "Is not worth the cot space we do not have."
Shaking her head and continued to glare.
"Now leave the soldier at once before I have you taken away from here. This is not an area for commoners. Volunteers only. Like I said earlier, you can see him when he's in his grave."

paganchick

Solita didn't need any of the supplies that they had in the hospital of the tents. She knew she would probably end up regretting what she was about to do. Killian would probably hate her and the gods only know what was going to happen to her after they dragged her away to whatever hell whole they dragged mages, but she would not sit there and let Killian die.
Killian had once saved her and now she was going to return the favor, though her returning the favor would cost her much more dearly.

She pulled her hand free of the nurse, before moving her hands over Killian. One over his heart and the other over his forehead. She closed her eyes and within moments her hands began to glow. She felt the instant drawn the started when she healed someone, especially someone with injuries as bad as his own. All she could hear was her own blood rushing behind her ears. Her healing magic worked fast, within the first moments of her hands starting to glow the injury on his head was almost closed. Before long her nose started to trickle blood. She knew that the soldiers would be pulling her off soon, dragging her to her fate, she didn't pull away and try to run, she was going to heal Killian until the last second, she wanted him to live, even if she would not.

visualspice

"What on earth are you doing!?" The nurse shouted, but then found herself stunned, watching in horror as the woman began to glow with magic. When she finally found her tongue she shouted, "Guards! Guards!" And as soon as the nearest soldiers were alerted, turning her way, she shouted, "Call of the mordecai! We have an unmarked mage here messing with the dead soldiers!"
And within seconds the men were around her, not hesitating to tear her off of Killian's side.

paganchick

By the time Solita was ripped from Killian's side he was mostly healed. Blood was dripping from her nose and eyes and she was slipping in and out of consciousness. The guards shouldn't have much trouble dragging her light half consciousness form where ever they were going to take her. Tears started to run down her face mixing with the blood from her nose. She just hoped that Killian wouldn't hate her.

visualspice

As the guards began to take her off, a crowd began to gather and a female mordecai soldier came racing their way. But that's not what had the old woman gasping, for in that moment, the body of the body suddenly came back to life, and he doubled over, emptying the contents of his stomach before shivering and curling up on his side, clutching onto his gut, which had also been injured but miraculously healed by Solita.

"By Angsar's light.... the boy soldier.. he..."

And Killian groaned, lifting up his face; his hair, so soiled it no longer looked white as it hung over his ice, blue eyes sputtered out, "What.. what happened!?"

The nurse put her hand over her lips, her eyes widening and the guards too, now turned around to look at the soldier who was now looking around at the crowd which had turned silent.
He wasn't sure what to make of this, or how he'd gotten into this town, but as he lifted a hand to his head, he winced. The wound had all but cleared away, but it was very evident the boy was very much alive....

paganchick

Solita looked up at as the guards that were dragging her away stopped. She reached out her hand towards Killian weakly, she was much too far away from Killian to touch him but still, even in the horrible situation she tried.
He had once saved her and now she returned the favor.
"I'm sorry Killian," Solita tried to speak, her voice came out forced and hoarse. Still she tried, she didn't want Killian to hate her even though she was a magic user, she hoped that the fact that she saved his life would be on her side. Finally from all of the stress of the major healing she just preformed and the simple emotional stress of the moment Solita passed out completely.

visualspice

When the woman collapsed, the nurse pursed her lips, but hten gestured to the mordecai.
"Take her away, quickly. We'll have to question her and get her marked." Then her eyes went to the soldier, who was still coughing over his own bile. It was only then Killian realized, with a furrow brow, "Solita?!" And he looked puzzled, uncertain what to make of all of this, but as the men began to tak eher away, he stumbled as he tried to stand.

"Where-" and then he felt the arms of a few nearby guards upon his shoulder. He looked at them, panicked and tried to shrug them away. "Where are you taking her!?"

The nurse frowned.
"It seems your friend is a mage.."
and then she looked Killian over as the solider made a face. He was so taken back by this, e had no idea what to say. "But she had saved you life. We thought you were dead." Then to the guards she gestured. "We'll have to question you too, unfortunately. Angsar save us all." And she made a warding mark and gestured for the second mordecai on scene to take Killian.

"Please see to it that he is looked after. A mage cast a spell on him. We can't be sure he is safe, so be on guard."

paganchick

It was cold, that was the first thing that Solita noticed. She wasn't dead, or maybe she was and this was just where one went when they died. Of course she had imagined something much more grand. She was sore though, she doubted she would be sore if she had died. She let out a deep breath, one that felt like she had been holding for a while. She was feeling rather numb at the moment. She knew she had already been marked, they would have done that before she had woken up. The only thing that was left was to ponder on what they would do with her next.

She didn't want to think about Killian still it was hard to push him from her mind. She quickly felt stinging of tears in her eyes. She wondered if he would be in trouble since he had been healed by magic. She couldn't know, she was stuck in the cell with not enough motivation to make herself sit up or even open her eyes. She knew eventually she would end up in the mage camps. Honestly she would almost die before letting herself be put through that.

visualspice

When she awoken, it had broken Killian from his own spell of depression and uncertainty, for he had been fretting away with worry inside his own cell beside hers for the last few hours. They weren't about to trust him, soldier or not, just incase the taint of the woman's magic would affect him. and he couldn't believe it, not just the fact he had been tossed into jail for doing nothing, but from what was revealed to him- that Solita was a mage.

During the time spent while she was unconscious, he had gone through a series of emotional roller coaster rides. His innards were tangled up in knots, his mind and body in sweats, and he could not make two cents out of anything. He knew he was happy to see Solita again, puzzled he had nearly died, puzzled he had been saved by her, and when everything began to (well begin to..) settle, he was now clutching the cell bars that seperated them and peering back towards her form on the floor.

"Solita?" his voice came laced with uncertainty, and he spoke quietly, barely above a whisper. "Solita, are you awake?"

paganchick

Solita jumped when she heard Killian's voice.
Had she gone mad?
She weakly pushed her body up from the filthy floor to see Killian, and the bars that separated them. She instantly got scared, why was he here? Once again she asked herself if she was made, was she hallucinating?
She reached forward, uncertain, wanting to touch Killian's hand to just make sure he was real and not a figment of a broken mind.

"I-I'm sorry I got you in trouble.... I... I couldn't just watch them throw you away, you.... You weren't dead yet but they were going to bury you," Solita started stuttering.
Her face was still streaked in blood from where her nose had been bleeding and her hair had matted blood in it from where her ears had been bleeding.

visualspice

Killian's eyes widened at the sight of her face.
"Angsar's breath.. Solita.. your face." His eye wavered, shifting back and forth as he studied her in wide eyed horror. "You... your bleeding.." and he looked down at her filthy attire, her filthy face and frowned, his hand reaching hers and touching it lightly.

paganchick

Solita looked down.
"You were very near death, it took a lot to heal you to the point you are now, but you saved me once, so I felt is was only fair," She spoke before trying to wipe the blood away as best as she could.

visualspice

"What?" Killian was taken back by her words, his eyes widening. "You.. you healed me but I.. I never did anything so kind I...and I... I..." he shook his head, still shocked by all of this. "Solita, now that they know what you are.." he pressed his face up against hte bars, holding them tight within his fists. "You could be killed! You're risking your life for me? Why? The only thing I ever did for you was offer a meager meal and a warm room for the night." He didn't understand.. and Angsar's sword, did he ever feel terrible for it.

paganchick

"You are forgetting how we met," Solita said, trying to soothe Killian the best she could while she herself was more scared than she could verbally communicate.
"Those men that you saved me from would have done horrible things to me, they would have probably killed me in the end because they knew they could get away with it, so you did save my life," She spoke as she touched his hand softly, looking around to make sure no one was looking when she did so.
She didn't want to get him into even more trouble.

She forced a smile across her face, "If I have made it this far I will find a way to survive. Fate has never dealt me a happy hand but it has always kept me from death. At least in here I will get food and water. At least more then I would get out on the streets," She added softly, her hands trembling slightly.

visualspice

Killian stared at her, his eyes so wide and his skin nearly as pale as his hair.
"But Solita... this... this is even worse. I..." and there were tears prickling at his eyes. "I've seen what they do to mages! It's horrible, terrible and it makes me ashamed to be called a knight!"
ANd at the outburst, hot tears began to fall down his cheeks.
"Gods, Solita.." he looked around, trying to keep his voice hushed as he tried blinking back his tears. "We've got to get you out of here. If they send you North to the camps, it's like hell.. and if they don't.." More tears welled up within his eyes. "You'll be killed."

paganchick

Solita wiped away Killian's tears as best she could.
"Shhh, now. If you know my fate to come is hell why not make the time I have before that a little more.... Bearable?" Solita spoke softly, offering up another smile.
She wouldn't let herself regret what she did, she just wouldn't, he deserved it.
"Plus, you can change more alive than I ever could," She added in a whisper.