Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

When It Rains, It Pours {M}

Started by visualspice, July 14, 2013, 05:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Who says we can't play pretend?" he told her. "And beds are good on the knees." He told her, still rubbing at his throbbing nose. At least most of the pain now subsided, but he still could not believe he had walked into a street post.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

"That is something I won't pretend, because if you pretend long enough, one person starts to believe it, and I will not be a part of that," Evangaline spoke looking over her shoulder at Dekka.

(Sorry short post)

visualspice

Dekka laughed.
"Do you honestly think you could make the King of Thieves in love with you?" And he found himself laughing at that again. Oh, she was good- but not that good.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Evangaline simply shrugged with a smile before a wave of dizziness consumed her. She stumbled into Dekka and prayed he wouldn't fall. There was a mordicai near, her body told her that much, which meant a guard that could spot them was close.

visualspice

Dekka caught her- he was too deft not to as he held her close.
"Falling for me already?" he told her, casting her a coy grin as he leered her over. "If you're that excited, I could find us an Inn where we could..."

paganchick

Evangeline continued to lean against Dekka as the wave of dizziness washed over her.
"Mordicia," she whispered softly letting most of her weight rest against him.

visualspice

Dekka still smiled, but it might have been to mask his concern. He simply grunted and helped her along.
"I can't just start dragging you," he whispered in a half growl between his teeth. "It'll draw too muhc attention. How muhc longer before you might pass out." ANd his mind began to work quick at a plan.

paganchick

Evangaline struggled but did her best to help Dekka.
"I don't know, maybe a few minutes, I don't understand why this keeps happening, it shouldn't be this bad," she whispered, leaning her head on his shoulder.
"We can always pretend I'm just really drunk?"

visualspice

Dekka smirked.
"A drunken woman in broad daylight?" He shook his head. "Come on, let's just get you into a nearby building. Over there, that store-" And he didn't bother to look to see what store as he guided Evangeline into a jeweler's- which just so happened to have Dekka's wanted poster plastered just inside the front door...

paganchick

"Dekka, no no no!" Evangaline whispered as she spotted the poster. Her heart started to race as panic started to over whelk her clouded mind.

visualspice

"What?" he said, and paused to observe with a growing smirk. "Oh,  a jeweler's.." and he looked like a wolf tossed into a sheep's pen. He hadn't even noticed the wanted sign as he took a step nearer towards the jeweled filled displays.

paganchick

"No, Hun," she spoke as a few eyes moved there way.
"Behind you," she whispered nudging him slightly. They couldn't have guards chasing them, more mordicia chasing them. She was weak and would end up getting them caught.

visualspice

"What?"
Turning around, his face caught the drawn image. It looked curiously familiar. Then his face fell.
"Well, shit."

paganchick

She felt the mordecia finally pass and she instantly started feeling her strength return.
She looked up at Dekka with a hint of a frown. She had no idea what they were going to do but she was going to let Dekka pull something out of his deck of tricks. All Evangaline wanted to do was eat something and sit down for  second.

visualspice

With a nonchalant shrug, he simply turned away from his wanted poster and gave a suave grin to the jeweler.
"We're looking for something red," he told him, his body hiding that of the posters that loomed in shadows behind him. "The biggest ruby you got."

And the man, blinkingly, stared at the pair of them before turning his attention to the glittering displays of jewels.

"Y-yes, but of course. Let me show you our finest rubies."

"And a ring. I want it to be worn on my fiance's finger," he said, and pulled Evangeline closer to his side and stole a kiss, one that made the jeweler feel awkward- and also, to draw his attention away from anything but the poster behind them.

Once the rubies were on display, he felt himself salivate as he plucked up a few rings and tried one on. but it was too small, but the ruby was massive. He turned to Evangeline.
"Give me your finger. Let's see if it fits."

paganchick

Evangaline resisted the urge to shake her head at Dekka, or ask him what the hell he was thinking. She was forced to play along with what ever game Dekka was trying to play, and she wasn't too happy about it. They, or better put, she needed to go, she couldn't be trying to run from the guards when they came after them.

She offered up her head with a weary look.

visualspice

Taking her finger, he lifted up a fat, gold ring with a an enormous ruby in it's center and framed in a clustering ring of diamonds. Amazingly, he had a good eye- not only for the character and quality of the ring, but her finger size as well. It was a perfect fit.

Grinning at Evangeline, he told her, without missing a beat, "We'll take it." Then he paused to look at the jeweler. "All of it."

paganchick

Evangaline looked up at Dekka dumbfounded. Was he stupid?!? She felt her stomach do a summer-salt up to her throat before she sharply turned her head to Dekka.
"What the hell are you doing?" She whispered sharply, clearly not very appeased with the situation at hand.
"This is not okay, you hear me, not okay," She continued to whisper fervently.

visualspice

Dekka had a bag of gold on him-one that couldn't exactly buy all of the rings on display, but he had a thing for shiny trinkets and we..
he couldn't NOT steal with so many glittering goods before him. So as he nonchalantly tossed a bag of money to the man and the jeweler went about counting it, he grinned and stole a kiss from Evangeline.
"Just shut upa nd help me steal the damn things," he growled playfully (and a bit threateningly) before he turned around and leaned on one elbow over the counter.
"I think you'll find most of the money is all there my good man. Yes, each one is a real, gold coin-" And as the jeweler continued on counting the money, while his attention was elsewhere, Dekka didn't miss the opportunity to grab a nearby display tree and suddenly whacked the man upside the head. He fell down unconscious and Dekka hefted up his gold, an then began to stuff as many rings into the bag as humanly possible.

"If you want in on the goods, I suggest you start lining your pockets girly," he told her, quick at his work as he dumped an entire tray of rings into his bag. "After all, it'll make for a fun story to tell later. To think you helped aid the King of Thieves in a great Ring Stealing heist." And he tossed her a wink and gave her a suave grin, before plucking up another piece of jewelry and tossing it her way with a laugh.
"here, a ruby necklace to match your ring!"

paganchick

Evangline stood in shock for a moment. She had never stolen anything, she was the good guys, she was a bounty hunter. There she stood with what would soon be a stolen ring on her finger, one that was stuck and she couldn't get off. She tugged at it one more time before the necklace was tossed her way. At this point she was already going to have to steal the ring so she made the very unlike her choice to line her pockets. At least if it came down to it, it would be stuff to bribe Dekka or other people with, particularly Dekka since he couldn't exactly resist. She stuffed handfuls of brilliant jewlery into her pockets before turning to Dekka.
"We really should go."