Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Beasts in Irons (Scythe-Nova)

Started by TheHighwayman, July 21, 2013, 04:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayman

Several days ago Jaxel Cray had been in a slump. He was bored, directionless, and there just hadn't been anything in the way of interesting work coming in. Then he'd gotten word from a nearby village about half-humans and non-humans vanishing at an alarming rate, packed his bags, and practically sprinted all the way there.

On arrival, he'd immediately started his investigation; questioning the locals, poking about for strange sights or anyone acting suspicious, and generally making slow but sure progress as to figuring things out. When he went to bed at the local inn, he felt plenty confident that he'd be able to wrap this up, get paid, and go home to find his next adventure waiting for him.

Over the next few days Jaxel had honed in on the miller, noted that he'd been missing a lot lately, and eventually followed him out into the woods. There, he'd lost track of him- and had resolved to investigate the area to see how the man might have disappeared.

When he'd woken up the next morning, however, it wasn't his room at the inn he saw- it was a cold stone wall. His head felt like had been clubbed a few times by a rock, his sword was gone, and his clothes were filthy.

With a grunt, Jaxel groggily got to his feet, and rubbed his forehead. Looking about, he took in the details of the cell he'd found himself in- small, cramped, sturdy, no bed of any sort, not even a chamber-pot. Clearly whoever had dumped him in here didn't care much about even basic comforts. "Urgh... Well, this wasn't part of the plan. Guess I'd better work on getting out now, huh? Oye! Anybody else here?" He peered out into the darkness, vaguely able to tell his cell was at the end of a long row... and that there was someone or something in the cell opposite him.

"Hey! You! Know where this is?" he called out, tilting his head and climbing on the cell bars. "And maybe how I got here? And maybe how to get out?"

Scythe-Nova

-"Yeah we're underground... and you came here just some hours ago..."

Iron were sitting at the back in the cell leaning against the wall as she could not do much more, The people who had captured her certainly knew what they were doing since they had lined the Thick leather bands binding her upper body with silver studs making it impossible vor her to transform. She had simply been resting the other day when some people showed up and ambushed her putting a silver clasp around her neck before knocking her out.

-"Amazing that they left someone in here with me..."

She said and looked at the newcomer with a hard gaze her yellow wolf eyes easily percieving his features, he was quite good looking for a halfbreed. She chuckled as she got up on her feet rising above the man a bit more than a foot looking down on him with a slight smile that showed her sharp canines.

TheHighwayman

Jaxel grinned at the stranger, not seeming to be particularly bothered by the situation. "And I'm surprised they threw us in here without a bed or a pot- they must be pretty shortsighted, huh? So, got any ideas as to getting out of here?" The man jumped off the bars and poked at the lock. He'd known plenty of people over his travels who could pick a lock simple as you please, but unfortunately he'd never had the patience to pick up the skill. "Or what they want us here for? I mean, I know I'm probably here because I was poking around in their business, but what got you thrown in this cell?"

Jax quickly gave up on the lock and scratched at his green hair. "Well, I'm stumped. Name's Jaxel Cray by the way. Just Jax if you prefer. Nice ta meet you." Turning around, he put his back to the bars and took a seat, giving a long "hrmmmm."

Scythe-Nova

-"Unless you can get these leather strips off me we're stuck here.."

She looked at the man as she got a bit closer and sniffed in the air to get a hint of what the man actually was, When he was asking questions she all but ignored them untill he gave her his name at that point she sat down in front of him looking at him.

-"My given name is Beast in Iron, And i don't know why i'm here but i guess it has to do something with the massive number of Halfbreeds and Humans they have down here.."

She said looking at the man with a tired gaze, the silver studs drained her energy slowly and made sure she could not accomplish much. She had sensed the smells of many others in the cells around this one and they seemed to group them two and two for some reason.

TheHighwayman

"Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue there miss. Got a nickname? Or am I goin' to have ta think one up?" Jaxel sprang to his feet and peered at the bindings- ohhh, they weren't that short sighted, it seemed. No easy way for a man to get them off with his just his bare hands, for certain. The man did a quick flip and ended up standing on his head, peering at her upside down. "Well, I'm not sure there's much I can do about those right now. Doesn't look to be any sort of knot to untie, buckle to unbuckle, or pin to pull. Unless you want me to try gnawing through 'em," with this he opened his mouth wide and pointed towards he slightly sharper than normal teeth- somehow having little trouble keeping his balance in the process, "I'm fresh out of ideas." 

Tumbling backwards to lie on his back, Jax frowned. This was a tough one. "What about meals? Guards? How often do they feed us or check in? When do ya think the next one'll be? Could we trick 'em into opening the door somehow?"

Scythe-Nova

-"You may call me Iron"

She said and looked at the man with a tired glance before nodding to the side were a small tray were placed along with some bread and a bloody bone that seemed as it once had some meat on it.

-"You can have the bread... And about regular visits no they just come here and throw in some food before goin away again"

She said with growl as she strained against the leather bands making them creack noisily, She settled down and leaned against the wall and looked at the man with heavy eyelids.

-"There's a small drainage hole in the corner over there"

She said and nodded towards a rat sized hole in the floor a bit back in the cell.

TheHighwayman

"Iron's a bit more workable," Jax said and then chuckled at his unintentional joke. Grabbing the bread and pacing back and forth, he peered down into the drainage hole and shook his head. "Unless you can shrink, doubt that'll do us any good getting out. I don't plan to be in here long enough ta need it otherwise. Now, there's gotta be something we can try..."

The strange man just walked laps around the cell in silence for a minute or two, once in a while snapping his fingers and uttering a triumphant cry... right before shaking his head and muttering something to himself. About the fourth time he did this, however, he seemed confident in whatever plan he'd cooked up. "Yeah, that might work. Alright miss, I need ta ask you a favor. See, next time they bring the meals around... I need you to try and kill me."

Scythe-Nova

-"... Try and kill you? I really only have my legs to work with here.. Hmmmmm you sure they'll come in here then?"

She asked as she stood up and began stretching her legs a bit in preparation of the plan that Jax had in mind, She stretched her neck a bit making it crackle loudly before she looked at Jax with a wide smile.

-"I Can't really controll my strength very well with all this silver, so i hope you can take a beating"

She said and grinned widely with a predatory expression on her face.

TheHighwayman

"Well, if they wanted us dead, they wouldn't take the time to lock us up and feed us, now would they? Besides, doubt they think there's much threat of us escaping as we are." Jaxel just shrugged and laid down against one of the walls. "And it's not like we've got much choice. I don't like tight spaces, and I like the thought of what they might want us for even less. Just be sure to make it convincing enough that it works, alright miss? Wouldn't want to get kicked around for nothing."

Looking up at the ceiling, he sighed and blew at his messy green hair. "Guess there's nothing to do but wait. Might as well figure out something to do to pass the time. Any ideas?" He didn't seem the least bit intimidated by the grin... or the fact that she didn't seem to have much concern about a plan that involved beating the stuffing out of him.

Scythe-Nova

The man seemed unintimidated by her attitude she found it entertaining this could be a fun happening after all, She looked at the man and then towards the bars barring the way out and then sitting down leaning against the wall again.

-"They come around once every day, sometimes more times when they catch someone new"

She said as she looked at Jax with a tired smile and leaned against the wall, It was gonna be a very annoying waiting time.

-"No i have no ideas of what to do..."

TheHighwayman

"Well then this'll be a long wait I guess-" Jaxel froze at the sound of a door opening down the hallway. Peering through the bars, he saw the miller he'd been tracking before they- whoever 'they' were- snagged him. In his hands was a stack of trays. Behind the miller was a single armed man- it was too dark to see much aside from the faint glint of metal at his waist. "Well miss, looks like food's here," he whispered. "Ready?"

As the two drew closer to the end of the hallway, Jax loudly proclaimed- "If they don't bring more food than they did before, I'm not letting you at any of it! You can starve for all I care- a bit of bread ain't gonna keep me fed!"

Scythe-Nova

-"Well i don't care pipsqueak!"

She growled as she rose from her seated position before simply delivering a very hard knee to the man's stomach, Her expression was feral and very vicious as she next used her feet to trip Jax before placing her foot on his throat.

-"You know i think i'm gonna off yah right here an now so i don't get any more bitching from yah later"

She said with a very mocking tone as she pressed down with her foot on his throat with serious force.

[OOC: Is that okay?]

TheHighwayman

((OOC: Well, it was kinda the plan))

Jax yelped as Iron attacked him, putting on a pretty good show of struggling. "Argh, get off me!" Meanwhile, the guard and the miller both hastened forward, flinging open the cell door. While the miller stood nervously back, the guard advanced, sword brandished over his head. "Alright ya beast, that's enough. Boss doesn't want that one dead quite yet. Get off 'im or I'll have ta hurt ya."

Jaxel, meanwhile, shot Iron a meaningful look and growled. "You heard him, get off!" As he spoke his leg muscles tensed, ready to leap up the instant he could. If they could get that sword away from the guard then they'd stand a chance. Had to be quick though, and Iron wasn't exactly equipped to disarm him with her arms bound. "Now!"

Scythe-Nova

-"Well i don't like getting hurt.."

Iron could feel how the man's muscles tensed as her bare foot was pressed against his throat, When the guard neared them she lightened the pressure on Jax's throat and on his command she simply removed her foot from him and turned towards the guard with a thundering kick against his groin.

-"So then i hafta hurt you instead!"

TheHighwayman

The instant he felt himself free to move, the man threw himself at the startled (and now very much in pain) guard, grabbing his sword arm and trying to rip the blade out of his hand. The two seemed pretty evenly matched- Jax was pretty practiced in a fight, but brute force had never been his strong suit. 

The miller, meanwhile, shot off back down the hallway- either out of simple cowardice or in an effort to get help was unclear. Getting one good punch in on the guard's nose and momentarily gaining the upper hand, Jax yelled, "Stop him!"

Scythe-Nova

She looked after the man Jax was talking about before shouldering her way past the guard and bolted after the man quickly catched up to him before making it past him and stopping in front of him blocking his way.

-"So yah like to knock out people eh?"

She said before closing in with the man and giving him a powerfull headbutt making him fall backwards allready knocked out from the headbutt, She then made her way back to the cell to check how things went for Jax.

TheHighwayman

Jaxel seemed to be having a rough time of it- the element of surprise had worn off, and now the other man's greater size was proving to be a bigger problem than expected. Jax was pressed with his back against the wall, barely keeping the guard from dropping the sword down on his head- apparently he'd changed his mind about killing him.

With one last effort- which he probably wouldn't have tried if he'd noticed Iron's return- he let go of the blade with on hand, ducked low and to the side, and drove his elbow as hard as he could into the man's side, twisting the hilt of the sword as he did so . The move half worked; the guard dropped his blade and Jax evaded being sliced open, but the flat edge of the (unfortunately pure iron) weapon struck Jax on the arm, sending him reeling from the reaction.

Well, at least the guard was unarmed now.

Scythe-Nova

Iron raised an eyebrow as she saw the two tangle and when they both had sepparated from eachother she took a sharp breath and delivered a hard kick to the guards head it easily had the power to knock him out but she did not wait to find out for sure.

-"C'mon grab that damn sword an get me outa these damn bonds"

She growled at Jax looking down at him waiting for him to actually do something, this little adventura had taken out a great deal of energy from her and it was hard for her to stay awake, AS fast as she got this silver off her she could begin to regain her energy again.

TheHighwayman

"Right, right, I've got it." Jax hurriedly scooped up the blade and set to cutting at the bindings. "Hold still now miss, don't want to end up slicing you as well." Pulling on a pair of the leather bands as far away from her back as he could, he began using the edge of the blade to saw through them. "This should only take a minute."

The guard, meanwhile, looked to be out cold. "How hard did ya kick the guy, miss? I doubt he'll be waking up for a long while." As Jax spoke, one of the bands gave way, soon to be followed by the other. Grabbing the remaining two, he started the process again. "Halfway there. So, what's the plan once you're out of these?"

Scythe-Nova

-"I don't know, hopefully enough to break his neck.."

She said and when she felt the bands give way she could breathe easier, now that there were only two left she felt much better.

-"I dunno maybe i shift and slaughter the guys responsible for this?"

She said and looked back at Jax with a raised eyebrow, she still strained against the remaning bands and wiated for Jax to cut her loose from her bonds.