Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The New Manager? (Open to CIA)

Started by zozee9, July 25, 2013, 01:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozee9

With a whopping headache and a sore throat, Tanya squinted upwards as she lifted the bottle in her hand to her lips. Tipping it upside down, she left it there for a good ten seconds before realizing that nothing had come out. The bottle was empty. Dropping the bottle, she took a few uneven steps closer to the building and squinted her eyes more. It was large and wooden and had a giant sign that she was currently trying to read.

After a few more seconds of concentrated squinting, Tanya suddenly opened her eyes fully. "Aha!" she shouted, finally able to read. "Cray Investigation and Assistance... could be a bar." And with that, she returned her gaze down to the door. Normally, she would have just walked on in, as if she was completely sober. But right now, she was as far away from sober as she had been in weeks. So instead of calmly walking in, she took a few more rocky steps before tripping on the air and smashing into the door.

"Owww..." Tanya moaned, before clumsily turning the doorknob and opening the door. She had one hand on her forehead, where she had hit the door. The other hand was placed a foot or so in front of her body to help her navigate around. Tanya took a couple steps forward before deciding that sitting would be a much more logical decision. So she sat down, smack dab on the floor, directly in front of the door. Then she started giggling, watching all the tall people walk around.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

TheHighwayman

Jaxel was in a slump. No good jobs had come in for days, and he'd been reduced to just practicing his swordsmanship to amuse himself. That had gotten old after the first three hours. Since then he'd alternated between searching the library for something interesting to read, poking around the Keep, and generally shirking the giant pile of paperwork in his office.

At this particular moment he'd just finished speaking with another client- nothing interesting, just another run of the mill bandit problem. Not even good ones- he'd just told a handful of the more competent people around there to get to it and sat back down, hoping for something worthwhile to come along.

He'd just been getting his gear together for another practice session when he spied Tanya sitting in the middle of the doorway. Now, most business owners would have been somewhat irked by random drunks walking in and taking up space, but Jax wasn't exactly normal. In fact, he grinned at something strange finally happening around the place. "Pardon me miss," he started. "Can I help ya with something?"

zozee9

Tanya looked at the man who had spoke to her. "Ooooo," she started, in a slightly alluring tone. "Dragon man, aren't you a cutie?" She hiccuped. "God, I drank too much." Her eyes left the man and started wandering around the room which seemed to be spinning. Then, as if it was an afterthought, she answered his question. Lifting one finger up and slowly trying to point his way (though it was a few feet off), Tanya declared, "Water."

Putting her right hand on the ground for support and her left hand in the air as if she was grabbing a rope, Tanya tried to stand up. But her legs quickly gave away when she was halfway up and she fell forwards. Too lazy to even try to catch herself, Tanya landed on her stomach and chin. "Owwww..." she moaned again, a decent three seconds after the fall had happened. Rolling onto her back, Tanya lifted her finger up again at the man and said, "Not water. Beeeeeer. I've got to drink myself out of this one." Then she moved her hand to her head, which was aching even more than before.

Tanya did her best to lift her head up. Her sleek black hair was covering one of her eyes, but she managed to push it out of the way without even hitting her face. Looking down at her outfit, Tanya giggled and then, in a sultry voice, said, "Sexyyyyy." Her tight black dress managed to get a good amount of rips, showing off a little of what was underneath (but nothing too dramatic). She was even wearing some black high heels. How she could manage to get as drunk as she was wearing those heals and not breaking her ankle was just another mystery to add to Tanya's drunken abilities. With another moan, Tanya lowered her head back to the ground. Seemed as if she would have to stay still for a while if she wanted her headache to go away.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Caerina

A job? Khanna didn't get jobs, she was a fearless bandit-killing machine who roamed the lands and ransacked caves and tombs for money. Yes, that is how Khanna would like people to think. But, with all the personal dramas and running away from slavers, she needed a job for practical reasons. One, she needed money. Two, she needed a lot of money. Three, she needed a facade for herself, an alias when the slavers discover her. And yes she needed lots of money, her armour and books and all kinds of weapons aren't given away as freebies. They are paid, with lots of money. Plus, there is no better way to look unsuspicious to locals then to get a job and work with them, right?

She looked at the door. It was just a door, but she felt a nausea sweep over her. She never felt uncomfortable, and didn't understand what was happening. Well  she didn't even understand why did they accept her application on the first place. Yeah, she was smart and had a lot of knowlege about history, languages, magic and weapons but she was by no means the most qualified person there.

She made another step, slowly opening the door. Don't get her wrong, Khanna was never a shy person and at the time she was working as a slave she has seen a lot of things. Less pretty and a lot of strange or just openly disguisting stuff. She was kinda used to it. But seeing a pretty woman lying on the floor, obviously drunk and barely clothed did make her frown. Where did I got a job? She looked once again at the entrance table and the company name was good.

"Um, you dying or something?" she asked the woman.

TheHighwayman

Jax beamed as the door opened and Khanna walked in, not seeming the least bit bothered by the fact that someone just saw a drunk lying on the floor of his headquarters."Ah, the new rookie! Nice ta finally meet in person. I'm Jaxel Cray. Was told someone like you'd be coming along sometime. Khanna, is it? As for her, I think she's just drunk." Jaxel shrugged and knelt down, tilting his head at the drunkard. "I suppose the respectable thing to do would be to toss you out, huh? Lucky for you, I'm not respectable. Come on, I don't think you'll be getting any alcohol from me, but I can give you a place you can lie down."

At that he reached out and- apparently unconcerned with anyone looking (as by now they'd attracted a little bit of a crowd)- lifted Tanya to her feet and used his shoulder to steady her. With his free arm he gestured for Khanna to follow. "Could ya come along? We need to sort out the details of you working here, after all."

Caerina

She quickly adapted. It seems like her boss, the man who picked up the drunken lady, didn't seem bothered with the sight at all. Not like a drunken lady on the floor would ever be bad for reputation. Perhaps that was why the buisness was slow. She liked the cool atmosphere without any pressure, though she would prefer if he didn't call her rookie. She felt like she was a kid. Yes, Khanna was only 18, but calling her a rookie made her feel twice as young.

"Not many things come from being respectable." she said with a grin, agreeing with her new boss and following him.

Working here, it can't be too hard... Can it? She already met her boss, and her drunken colleague. But, she reminded herself that she isn't here to make acquaintances and friendships. This is her facade and she will maintain is as long as she can. She continued after Jax, looking around the office room.

zozee9

Tanya turned her head sideways when she heard somebody walk in. A pretty girl with bright red hair. She had just prepared a genius reply to the girl's question when the man replied instead. How rude. Interrupting her before she even spoke. And he wouldn't even give her beer... at least he got her up.

Grunting, Tanya walked with the man as support. She slung her arm around his shoulder, as if they were pals. She looked behind herself at the girl and stumbled a little, but stayed upright. Even if the man hadn't let her talk earlier, that wouldn't stop her from answering the girl's question. "Dying? You, girl, are a genius. I'm definitely dying, with this bloody headache and all. Somebody should make you manager!" Tanya shouted the last sentence before getting quiet. "Manager... manager... Ha! Somebody should make me the manager. Or the owner!"

Tanya stopped moving, lifted both her arms into the air and yelled, "I am the owner!" Then, moving one hand to her stomach and another to her mouth, she turned to the dragon man and whimpered, "I feel sick." If somebody didn't get her somewhere quickly, she was going to throw up.

Caerina

"Seems like someone will show us what she had for breakfast." she said in a teasing tone as she saw the woman was obviously sick.

Was she a client, or was she one more of her colleague rookies? It seemed unclear even if both solutions were very possible. Seeing the leader of the merry bunch, her boss, she couldn't even guess what kind of people or -not-people did he employ. Oh well, she'll deal with that problem later. She looked at the woman again her face getting paler. Not a way she'll allow her to throw up on her. Khanna moved a few steps back and glanced at the woman and then her new boss.

"You shoul probably get her to the bathroom. Or at least get a bowl for her to throw up in. If not, your carpets are going to be a mess." she said flatly with her arms on her hips.

TheHighwayman

"I've got a bucket in my office... don't ask why." Fortunately for all concerned, Jaxel's office wasn't far. Opening the door, he gave a short bow- cut short by the fact that he was also supporting the woman's weight- and grinned. "My humble abode." Whether or not it was actually humble would have been hard to tell... as there were pieces of paper covering practically everything. Pieces of paper that he didn't seem to mind unceremoniously pushing aside so he could set Tanya down on the couch. He hurriedly darted to the corner and swiped a small metal bucket, leaving it right beside her head.

"There. Now, make yourselves comfortable." Cray pointed Khanna towards one of the two chairs sitting in front of his desk, plopping himself down in what he liked to call 'the big fancy chair' on the other end. "First thing- ya need room and board, or do you have that covered?"

zozee9

Tanya quickly grabbed the bowl with both of her arms and retched into it. Then she used her hand and attempted to wipe the nasty taste off of her tongue. Although the taste stayed, she was glad she threw up. She was already starting to feel better... though her mind still wasn't as stable as it normally was.

Setting the bowl down next to her, Tanya stood up and walked to one of the chairs the man had pointed to. She even managed to get there without any stumbling. Tanya smoothy sat down, smacked her hand onto the desk, and said, "Room and board. I need both." Then she leaned back into her chair.

After briefly eyeing the dragon man up and down, she used her sultry voice and added in, "Although I could just room with you..." She winked at him. Then, turning to the girl, she finished, "... or her." She winked at her.

TheHighwayman

Jaxel laughed and leaned back in his chair. "I wasn't exactly asking you, but ya know what? I like your attitude. Sure, you're hired too!" Perhaps it wouldn't be the most reassuring thing regarding the company, the boss hiring someone deliberately because they stumbled in drunk, but once again, Jax didn't really care. "And my room's big enough for two, if ya really don't like being alone." By the tone of his voice and the look on his face, it was entirely possible he'd missed what she meant.

"Oh, hold on here..." The man dug through the massive stacks of paper, eventually pulling out an ink vial and two blank pages, along with a quill. "Alright then. Full names? And the drinker needs lodgings..." He gave a quick scribble on one of the pages.

Caerina

Khanna watched the two with amusement. She never met a more stranger lady, if you can call the vomiting pretty woman that way, or for that matter a stranger boss. She'll just go on with it and play the game.

"I still have no place to stay," she said "And my full name is Khanna."

Slaves don't get to have any last names, nor did Khanna want a last name for that matter, because the only way to get one was by getti.g married and that wasn't something she planned on doing soon. She sat near the lady with a bowl and slowly pushed her chair a ljttle bit away from her, with a wrinkled nose. Nothing like drunken vomit, early in the mornings.

zozee9

Tanya let out a sigh of disappointment when she learned the man wasn't interested in sleeping with her. Then she hiccuped. Then she smiled, a true smile. She got herself a job... and that was more than she had managed in a while.

"Tanya Danes," replied Tanya. "My name is Tanya Roy Danes. How about you, cutie?" Not even waiting for his reply, she turned towards Khanna and floppily held out her hand. "Nice to meet you, Khanna. I'm Tanya Danes," she said, forgetting she had introduced herself seconds beforehand.

Caerina

"This couldn't possibly go wrong" she murmured sarcastically but managed a smile towards the woman.
"Glad to meet you."

Even though the woman was a complete drunk Khanna couldn't help but find her amusing. She let a sigh of surrender not really sure what to say but pointed a look towards her new boss.

"Yes Tanya, you got a job, but perhaps you should try to rest a bit." she told her with a strange sound of concern in her voice. But she couldn't stop herself, the lady looked as if she would fall from the chair and pass out any moment. Plus there was some nasty vomit in that bowl and Khanna didn't want the lady to slip it in her direction.

Colonel Mustard

There was a jaunty bounce in Sam's step as he made his way along the street towards Cray Investigations and Assistance. It had been a good morning, all in all, a game of cards that had gone his way and left him with a satisfying bulge in his coinpurse. He whistled an old tavern song as he went, swaggering like a cheerful cockerel, and as he stopped before the doorway of his new employer he took a moment to tidy his hair and goatee and primp the finely cut blue jerkin he wore in the reflection of the window.

"Anybody home?" he asked as he stepped into the doorway. Silence greeted him. "Hello?"

He could hear distant voices through walls, from where he guessed was Jaxel's office. He figured he'd just knock and say hello. As he arrived at the office, he poked his head in; the new girl, Kharna, Kelna, something like that, was there, as well as the boss, and Sam wrinkled his nose as he smelt vomit. The stink was emanating from the bucket by some woman in a black dress, slumped in a chair, and Sam frowned.

"Good day, all," he managed. "Might I ask who this...person is?"

TheHighwayman

Jaxel beamed. "Ah, Sam. Both of these ladies here are our new employees. Feel free to stay here while we go over the basic stuff if you like." Scratching down both their names and their need for room and board- though he spelled Khanna's 'Kanna'-and looked back up at both of them with a raised eyebrow. "So then! Both of you need rooms. The charge for that'll be taken out of your pay, so don't worry about that. Now..."

Jax rubbed his hands together and gave a somewhat evil looking grin. "Are either of you frightened of spiders, bandits, the dark, the unknown, the undead, suspicious magic, possible portals to the netherworld or other assorted planes of existence, or any combination thereof?"

Colonel Mustard

"Wait a moment, wait a moment," Sam said. "No offence, boss, but while I can see why..." he squinted at the piece of paper Jaxel had just written on. "...Kanna is working here, why are we employing someone who's clearly more off her face than the Faceless Demons of the Faceless Hells, and who's in this state even though it's only the afternoon?"

zozee9

Tanya turned and inspected the new man before throwing him a look of approval. Then she returned her gaze to Khanna and gave her a coy smile. "I won't be sleeping anytime soon unless it's with somebody in this room," declared Tanya.

She looked at her new boss and replied, "I'm afraid of NOTHING!" She pumped her fist in the air when saying 'NOTHING'. Then she let her arm drop back down before adding, "But I can't fight, if that's what you're looking for." Tanya hiccuped. Tilting her head, she seriously said, "Unless we're having a drinking battle."

Tanya's eyes travelled downwards before resting on the paper. Squinting her eyes, she tried to read the upside-down writing. But after a few seconds of this, she came to the same realization she had come to in front of the bar: squinting just made it so she couldn't read. So she fully opened her eyes, pointed at Khanna's name, and giggled while saying, "You spelled that wrong!"

Then, turning once again back to Sam, Tanya listened impatiently as he spoke. She moved her finger from the paper to him and accusingly stated, "You... are attractive. Wait... that's not what I meant to say..." She rummaged her brain for what he had just said. "Aha! I remember! You clearly don't understand the art of drinking. Or girls. Because we both know I am one hot girl and you are one hot guy and do you want to have sex with me?"

Caerina

"Bandits, suspicous magic, undead... Sounds okay by me." she thinked about it.

Khanna didn't have a problem with nasty places or dangerous creatures who wanted to rip her head, she met them on daily basis. She would prefer those cases then cases where she had to interact with clients, be polite and nice. Besides, the less people talked to her the more jobs will she be capable of finishing. She let out a small chuckle when she heard Sams' worries about their newest worker. But she couldn't deny the truth, the woman was a mess and Khanna hoped that there was actually she was good is somethinv else than drinking.

"Smooth." Khanna said with amusement, smiling as Tanya flirted -tried to- with the guy she just met.

TheHighwayman

"Not saying you have to fight, these things just kinda come with the job." Jaxel looked from face to face before scribbling down their answers- not bothering to correct the name, as he was smart enough to realize the drunk probably wasn't the best source on that (even if she was right at the time). "What about any other skills or talents? And Sam, I'm hiring her because I feel like it and I pay you, so there. Now stop questioning the boss."

Standing up and pacing about the room, Jaxel began to partake in what could only be described as mini-acrobatics; he flipped around the couch, did a handstand across the floor, and dangled upside down over the back of his chair. Why? He didn't exactly offer an explanation.