Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Fade

Started by Lion, September 02, 2013, 03:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

He watched her work with deft hands and he made a thoughtful expression.  "I suppose that wouldn't be too much trouble," he muttered.  While he hated being in debt with anyone, it didn't seem too much trouble to merely gather some ingredients for someone who lived way out here.  It was a hard life and one could use all the help they could get.  "Have you always been out here?" he asked.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Catchmyfallingtears

"If it is you don't have to worry about it." she said as she brought the drink over to him. "I've been here for seven years or so." Carefully she held it out to him. "I stumbled upon this place when it belonged to a friend when I was fifteen and she taught me about how to heal." She chewed on her lip slightly as she tried to calm her emotions and her trust issues with men. It would be interesting for her to have to have a man around for an extended amount of time.

Lion

Rook gave a soft breath and took the cup with a gloved hand.  He held it gingerly and gave a sniff of the concoction.  Looking at her strangely for a moment, unsure what she wanted him to do with it, he eventually decided on drinking it and made a face at the taste of it.  "Oh gods!" he exclaimed.  He coughed violently, across and away from her until he collected himself once more.  But already he could feel the warmth passing through his body.  "That's good stuff," he croaked.  "Whoever they were, they taught you well."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Catchmyfallingtears

She held back a small chuckle before speaking "sorry I should have given you a warning that it didn't taste the best." She moved to take the cup and then moved to start gathering the things she would need to set his ankle. "Tell me when you can't feel the pain at all anymore." She said after a moment. "Sarah taught me well. She had been doing this all get life before she taught me."

Lion

He blinked a little and gave a small smile as the potion she'd boiled began to take effect.  He was feeling a little dizzy, but over all relaxed when then pain gradually throbbed away.  "I think it's going away," he murmured.  "I can't feel much of anything.  What was in that potion?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Catchmyfallingtears

She nodded slightly and finished gathering what she needed before coming to kneel infront of him again. "It has crown flowers, dragons root, and a few other things mixed to make the amber liquid I added." She said as she placed her hands on his ankle. "In going to have to set this." She said softly. "You won't feel much of anything but you might still feel a small prick of pain."

Lion

"Crap," Rook muttered.  He sat back a little, knowing it'd hurt like hell, even with the potion taking effect.  He really hoped she knew what she was doing.  But he guessed he was just about to find out.  "Wait," he said, suddenly.  Immediately his hand reached down to his thigh and pulled his hunting knife from it's sheathe.  He took a few preparatory breaths before setting his teeth in the handle. Quickly gesturing, he motioned her to begin as soon as she was ready.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Catchmyfallingtears

Laraya took a deep breath before grabbing his foot and leg, very carefully but quickly she did as needed to pull the bones back into the right place. She knew that it would cause some pain but not nearly the level it would have been without the mixture he had ingested just a minute ago. She then very carefully rubbed a lotion like substance on his ankle. "This will help with the healing process and the pain." She said as she worked to put it on the skin then wrap his ankle tightly so that the bones could not move from place.

Lion

Rook was quite uncomfortable with the whole process and sweat beaded on his forehead when she finally set his ankle.  He was panting, breathing hard when he finally removed the knife handle from his teeth.  "Gods be damned," he said with a frown, looking at his newly set ankle as she went to find something to wrap it in.

His frown deepened and he cursed again at the thought of how poor his hunting had been before.  Now he'd be an invalid for the next new months.  But at least he had the fortune to find someone who could take care of it right away.

He looked at her curiously.  "So," he began.  "How did you do that thing you did?  With the moose?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Catchmyfallingtears

She didn't answer right away as she focused on her task but once she had stood and moved to wash her hands in the small basin of water she spoke. "Animals are attracted to me. Smaller ones that is. When I lived in the city cats and dogs loved to come and just be around me." She turned to look at the man and chuckled softly. "Normally it doesn't work as well on larger creatures but since the moose isn't typically violent I was able to at least calm him down."

Lion

Rook looked at her curiously, not sure if he could really believe what he was hearing, He smiled at her implication.  "They must know how pretty you are," he commented, grinning softly.  "Makes them feel more comfortable around you... "

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Catchmyfallingtears

At his word the redhead blushed and chuckled. "More like they liked the scraps I made sure to feed then when they did come around." She wasn't unused to men making small comments but it had been quite some time since it had been a more gentlemanly man who uttered the words. "When I'm outside doin washing you will see a rabbit or two relax by me or a fox even on some days."

Lion

Rook wasn't prepared for her to take the comment so well.  He wasn't one to give them lightly and only felt all the more awkward when he was rewarded with a proper slap.  That or glareful daggers.  He smiled a little and peered down at his ankle once more.

"That sounds like a useful gift.  It would certainly prove more useful to someone like me.  I wouldn't have to spend three weeks tracking game!  I'd been following that moose for two days.  But it's strange...  The forest seems almost...empty.  Like something is driving away the animals.   Or maybe it's just my imagination."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Catchmyfallingtears

Laraya chuckled softly and nodded. Yes it would make it just a bit easier for men like you." She said before moving to switch the pots over the fire from the medicinal to a clean bowl with water. She then carefully began cutting up vegetables to add to it. "It has been very quiet but only recently has it been effecting right around this area. It makes me wonder what is lurking where we cannot see." She carefully kept conversation as she prepared the evening meal. "I've even had to go without meat in meals for a few weeks."

Lion

Her words stirred something within him and his face blanked as his eyes wandered to the fireplace.  "I know what lurks in the wilds," he said.  His eye  grew distant and he released a shuttering breath.  "I've seen things.  Horrible things that they only speak of in stories...  Things I never want to see again."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Catchmyfallingtears

At his change of tone she looked over at him for a moment before looking back at her work. "Every dark story has something that's inspired it." She said softly as she added what she had cut into the boiling water. "These woods harbor both good and evil."

Lion

He took in a slow, contemplative breathe as his eyes turned back toward her. She made no further effort to further delve into the meaning of his words, and for that he was most thankful.  He smiled and gave a nod instead.  "You're right," he said, "good and bad.  Bad like broken ankles. And good like having the luck to get a healer nearby. "  He laughed and sat up straigter on the bed.  "What are you cooking over there?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Catchmyfallingtears

She chuckled lightly and nodded "Healer who is good with animals at that."She said before looking over at him. "Just a simple stew, It isn't much but I wasn't planning on having more then myself to feed tonight, much less a man." Very carefully she added a few chunks of meat into the pot and moved to sit at a small table for a few moments. "I'll make the spare cot in a few moments for you to stay in. I'm sorry that it's so small I've never had the chance to add another room like I wanted."

Lion

His stomach growled audibly at the mention of stew and Rook laughed nervously because of it.  "I'm sorry!  I've haven't had a proper hot meal in three weeks.  Been living off berries and some jerky," he laughed.  "But I won't eat it all I promise!"  He didn't want to seem as helpless as he really was and grunted with effort as he pulled himself up from the bed and balanced on his good leg, hopping to the table with a few leaps, only to fall onto his face unceremoniously.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Catchmyfallingtears

"I'm not the best cook but I can make some pretty nice meals."she said before moving to help him just a few seconds too late. "I should have warned you, the drink from before can make you dizzy and uncoordinated." She knelt down beside him and moved to help him up, even though her slight frame wasn't much help.