Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Fade

Started by Lion, September 02, 2013, 03:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

Rook used his hands to hold onto her arms, gripping them hard as he finally found his feet.  He grunted and laughed nervously.  "Thanks."  And moved toward one of the chairs.  "My head is spinning but I think I'll be okay."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Catchmyfallingtears

The redhead flinched minutely as he gripped onto her arms but nodded at him slightly. "It's okay, once you sit and eat it will start wearing off and you wont have that dizziness and I can get you something that will just dull the pain and not effect you like this." Her voice was soft as she spoke and helped him into the chair, blushing at the close proximity.

Lion

He sat with an uneasy huff, red in the face from all the exertion and genuinely thankful for her presence.  His ankled throbbed dully, but it could have been worse he reminded himself.  "It's okay, thanks. A drink would be nice," he smiled and patted her hand.  "I'll be of more use to you, I promise.  Hopefully sooner than later."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Catchmyfallingtears

"You don't worry about that now, You just need to focus on getting better."she said moving her hand quickly before scurrying over to get him a drink from the water jug she had off to the side. She carefully poured him a glass before bringing it over to him. She felt bad for being so skittish around him when he had been nothing but a gentleman but she couldn't help the fact that he just radiated masculinity and she didn't do too well around that.

Lion

Being a hunter gave Rook a keen eye, and he couldn't help but notice how strange she was acting around him.  He frowned a little but nodded in thanks when she set the water before him.  He watched her out of the corner of his eye, and carefully examined the water before him before taking another sip. 

"Very refreshing," he added, peering at her again.  He tried to smile meekly, in the hopes of making her feel more comfortable.  "Um, I don't mean to be presumptuous, but...um, is something wrong?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Catchmyfallingtears

Laraya blushed slightly at his words and bit her lip for a moment. "I'm not very good around men." She said quietly. "I've never been around one for longer then a patch up job alone." It was a lie she used often mostly making her look more innocent then she was. She looked at her feet before looking back up at him. "I'm sorry if I've made you feel uncomfortable at all."

Lion

Rook made an "oh" face and gave a small nod, understanding at least for a moment why she was doing what she was doing.  Maybe she was a homosexual, maybe he'd said something that gave her the wrong impression.

"No, no," he tried to be quick to assure her.  "You didn't!  I'm sorry actually if I made you uncomfortable!  I didn't mean to assume anything.  It's all water under the bridge.  I was just wondering is all.  But really it's okay."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Catchmyfallingtears

She blushed softly and nodded. "It's not your fault in the slightest. I just am...shy." She said pausing as she thought of the last word. "When my parents passed no one was there to try and set me up with a man so it just never really happened and I just dived into my work." She gave him a slight smile then moved to check the stew. She then moved to uncover the loaf of bread that set on the slight counter top like area and preceded to cut one small piece before another larger one.

Lion

He took a sip of the offered water and gave a solemn nod.  "I'm sorry to hear that, about your parents I mean.  I-I never knew my parents," he said.  "I was raised by a hunter who found me.  His name was Torsten.  He was the only family I really knew.  But, I think we came out for the best, don't you think?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Catchmyfallingtears

She looked at him and nodded slightly. "That we did. I'm sorry about you not knowing your parents." She said before chewing her lip for a moment. "Just from what I've seen I'm sure they would have been proud of you. Mine are most likely rolling in their graves since their only child is on a roll to be an old maid." She chuckled to herself before. Placing the bread on the table and moving to spoon out some of the stew for them to eat.

Lion

"Oh, I wouldn't say that," Rook replied, smiling wider.  "I don't think it's so bad if you don't want to get married.  And if you do, I'm sure the right man will stumble into your life when you're ready.  I mean if you believe in destiny n all that.  I'm not sure I do, but then...I guess I would have wanted things to end up differently."  He grew quiet for a moment, contemplating on the last few days he'd had with his father and grew saddened a little.  "Oh, but I'm just babbling on and on."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Catchmyfallingtears

She giggled at him softly when he seemed to ramble on before smiling and placing his full bowl before him. "Everything happens for a reason. What happens in your life shapes you for what the important person down the line needs in you."she said after a moment. "Atleast that's what my mother always said. We may not see what good something will do or how it could be used for the future but it all falls together in the end."

Lion

Rook nodded his thanks and sat up when the bowl was set before him.  "I suppose so," he frowned.  "I wonder what lesson I was supposed to learn from watching my father die...  I-I"  He blanched suddenly and coughed.  "Gods, I'm sorry, I said too much.  Forgive me."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Catchmyfallingtears

Hesitantly she planned her hand on his and looked at him softly."It taught you how to be strong. It wasn't the way you would have ever wanted to learn it but it was how it worked out."She said softly. "Don't apologize you are fine." She then turned and went to retrieve her bowl and sit across from him. "I'm the one who should be sorry for saying anything."

Lion

Rook rubbed at his hand.  He laughed sheepishly.  "Apologies all around," he chuckled.  "It's all right.  No harm done.  This meal smells lovely. "  He bowed his bead before taking the first bite.  His eyes went wide with glee. "Good gods, woman, You didn't tell me you cooked this good!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Catchmyfallingtears

"It's honestly very simple."she said with a small chuckle. "I'm sure you are just enjoying it so much since you haven't had a hot meal recently." She smiled then took a bit of her own and subcontiously admiring that this was one of her better stews. "Hopefully you find the other meals I can make just as delicious."

Lion

Rook scoffed.  "Please, woman, do't sell yourself short," he laughed.  "I can make a mean stew, and mine never comes out this good.  You've got to learn to cook for yourself out in the wild.  The scarcity of ingredients leave a lot to be desired, of course.  But this is delicious.  Really."  He took another bite and his smile grew.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Catchmyfallingtears

Laraya blushed deeply but flashed him a rare grin. "When you get to feeling better I can show you some of the things I used that you can find out in the forest that might help some." She then turned back to her meal and ate quietly. It was different for her to eat with someone having gotten used to eating alone.

Lion

Rook smiled even wider.  "I think I'd like that," he replied and proceeded to enjoy his meal.  The taste poured into his mouth with incrasing potency and he even slurped his bowl as he devoured it. "Shit, I made a mess," he growled a little, licking his lips. "It's all right, I've got it.  You've done enough for me all ready."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Catchmyfallingtears

"You are here to recuperate its my job to clean up after you." She said softly as she moved to get a piece of cloth used for a rag she brought it over to him. "Give your self a month till you can hobble along more soundly and I'll let you help clean up messes." She then moved to sit back down and finish her meal.