Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What A Coinkydink. (Caerina)

Started by Brisinger987, September 22, 2013, 01:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz wandered the abandoned city, simply enjoying the magical energies of the huge ruined city. It was uninviting to most mordecai, as in some places, rumour had it that some mordecai were stripped of their power by the sheer volume of power. So naturally, Kirnardaz was drawn there by morbid curiosity. He wanted to see if the reports of dead mordecai were true.

It was five minutes from the broken fountain statue to the place it was apparently happening. He walked, taking note of mutated wildlife, and wildlife which obeyed him. Notably the giant, man-eating fly traps. They were corrupted, and it made him their master. And he commanded them to guard.

He arrived in the spot, and keeled over in immortal agony, the energy flowing through him in dense, thick streams. It was invigorating, and painful in one. He involuntarily began to float, feeling his power growing by the second. Shades and Shadows began to come alive near him, and several goblins materialised. They were his.

"AGH!"

Caerina

One, two, three, four corpses lying in front of her. Well, not really corpses but it didn't matter anyway. These people couldn't be counted as alive anymore, not since she took their souls. It was almost too easy infiltrating in this small group of explorers. Fools, and yet they called themselves scholars here to discover the secrets of the old ruins.

Although Desdemona was old, she wasn't familiar with the ancient culture that lived here. It was so old that even her people, the Gohians, didn't know for them. But they were powerful, both in magic and technology and even looking over the ruins themselves sent a chill down her spine. Something she haven't felt in a long time. Fear. Or perhaps powerful magic?

Stepping over one of the corpses, she made her way slowly without any rush towards the ruins. As she was closer she felt the magic was stronger, and she wanted it. Power was something Desdemona always wanted.

Brisinger987

An unholy screeched wrenched through the air as Kirnardaz's soul was detached from his form in a way only comparable to disembowelling. It was excruciating, his soul literally being ripped from his form as it struggled to cope with the magic. In his true form he was frightening. A dark smoky mass, glowing purple. He had naught but a mass of seeking tendrils, and humanoid shape, and a pair of menacing purple eyes.

He had slit pupils, with black sclera, and his form let out a deathly hiss. He was no longer in pain, but he had to wait for the energetic turmoil to subside.

Behind him, his body began to emit purple light, and began to shake uncontrollably as the energy in it caused it to break down.

With explosive results.

The blast cleared at least 100 meters of all materials as the sheer energy level caused matter to break down and disappear into magic. Kirnardaz just floated, unmoving. His renewed aura would be unsettling to all who approached, or so he imagined it should do.

Caerina

The waves of magic were like a melody, calling Desdemona to come closer and see them. But, she was also quite aware of the fact that whatever might be releasing this amount of energy cannot be willing to give it away freely to her, and it will probably defend it with it's life. Good. Desdemona was feeling like she needed a real fight.

The explosion was the first sign something trully amazing was happening. It didn't reach her by just a few dozen meters, but she could see the results of it. First time in many years she felt excitement over something. This could easily make her the most powerful soul eater, even the most powerful demon that is not one of the lords.

She slowly passed the ancient pillars made of stones and engraved with unknown words. After that she could scarcely see anything because of the smoke and sparks in the air. The dark materials intertwined with her completely white hair, but she couldn't care less, as she stood there waiting to see what will crawl out from the ashes.

Brisinger987

An orb of purple energy expanded from the epicentre of the explosion, turning the dust into a purple glow, and collecting it at Kirnardaz's form, which floated at the centre of the crater. The orb which had been cut out of everything was perfect, the same radius in every direction, even the floor.

Another unholy screech emanated from Kirnardaz, and he dissipated, forming again in front of Desdemona. He studied her closely, letting her examine his full power. It was a greeting on par with dogs sniffing each other, testing their defensiveness and aggressiveness.

Then in contradiction with his not aggressive physical demeanour, he sent a dreadful psychic barrage at her, trying to make her submit to his power, and his demands.

OBEY ME... OR DIE...

Caerina

Cocking her head on the side, ashes and sparks flying around her she absorbed some of the magic and it left a tingling sensation on her skin. Power was the only thing that made her feel something that was close to emotions.

She spent a few moments watching the man, although she was sure he wasn't, in front of her. Power was obvious on him, she could practically feel it thundering in the back of her head. But, she didn't recognize him, how could she. Desdemona has been on this wicked place of the living for too damn long. Demonic hierarchy was the last thing that was on her mind.

She straightened her shoulders at his words. Obeying wasn't something she did unless it was convenient. And death wasn't something she did, either. Not many could defeat her in battle, and the ones who could would never be able to kill her. Defeat her, maybe, but kill her, never.

"I do not bend my knee to anyone." she told him "Tell me your name and title, and if you are my better I will be glad to obey you."

Brisinger987

The mist began to form a more intimidating image. A carbon copy of her, with no mouth, and purple eyes.

"I am Kirnardaz. I am a god..." The voice emanated from nowhere, and was not his usual manner. It was darker, deeper, richer, and full of malice. He wasn't playing around. He could crush her within seconds. Or that's what he thought.

"You are nothing compared to me. I am the first of a kind. The first Demon Prince to ascend to godhood. I am the god of corruption. And therefore, your master, demon." Kirnardaz knew she wouldn't be able to even hurt him until he had subsided the energy within him.

Caerina

Desdemona always disliked smoke and mirrors, tricks. And, she always disliked when someone tried to intimidate her. It wasn't one of the feelings she felt, unlike most demons, she just lost them when she was transformed. Instead of fear, she used her intelligence to conclude that she shouldn't be playing in this situation.

"A god." her voice flat, not really surprised although gods didn't roam the lands of demons for a long time. Much before her own time. She bowed her head just slightly in respect. She wasn't about to risk anything when it came to gods. Legends called them very tricky to handle, very moody and very easily irritated.

"I would be honored to obey the first Demon Prince who ascended to godhood." she repeated his title, her head still just slightly bowed. There weren't many in the demon realm that were stronger than her and none she bowed before so this was an unusual encounter for her. Yet, she decided to take any chance she gets, because the only thing that she felt and that interested her in this creature was the power he emitted. Power which pieces could someday be hers. If she were to be patient enough. And there was no one who waited more patiently than Desdemona.

Brisinger987

"Good." Kirnardaz heard the sound of running footsteps, and turned. His form exploded into a huge cloud, condensing into a larger form, of about 12 feet tall. People rounded the corner of a building, and screamed as corrupted fly traps grew from the ground, beginning to devour them.

Kirnardaz floated over, and held up his hand, drawing the stable souls from them. He felt the huge energies in him compress and corrupt completely with the new stable energy, and he smiled, taking his physical form again.

He shone brilliant purple light, taking his robed form. His skin was a leathery red, with crimson eyes, and crimson armour.

"Now, might I ask your name? I only develop insults for those who deserve them."

Caerina

Those souls were something she wanted for herself, but fighting with a god wasn't the way to get them, so she just kept quiet her crystal eyes unmoving. She couldn't care less about humans or their lives, but souls were something that she needed. With her head and back now straight she watched as their lifeless bodies slammed to the ground.

"Desdemona." she told him her name in an ancient accent, now completely gone from the face of the planet "One of the Soul eaters."

She knew better than to praise her powers and titles. The best kind of power for her was the hidden one. That was how she got this far, manipulating and waiting for others to make a false move and slip. From there on it was enough for her to give them a slight push and they were dead and she gained more power. Nothing wrong with destrying those who aren't worthy of being your betters.

Brisinger987

"A soul eater? Immortal?" Kirnardaz's face lit up with evil curiosity. Kirnardaz projected a brief summary of his exceptionally long life into her mind, in one grotesque, horrifying image. A human body left to rot.

"I suppose ground rules are necessary. One: I am immortal by nature, therefore killing me is impossible. No ideas or funny business possible. Two: every command I give has purpose, whether that command doesn't do anything for a few millennia, then so be it. Questioning that purpose is not frowned upon, but contradiction or disobedience is. Three: you may leave my service at any time, but do not expect to leave easily. I have no problem with you simply not wanting to continue work, but I do have a problem if you do not inform me the moment you make the decision, or as soon after as possible. Any questions?" Kirnardaz set the fly traps on guard mode, and a brave animal got eaten as it attempted to run by.

Caerina

Being a human born demon, plus becoming immortal and having such power as Desdemona has wasn't easy and it took much time and much plotting. She also survived over fifty masters, all more powerful than she is now. In every demon war or rebellion, leaders of both sides oftenly died. Yes, they were immortal in age but immense power could trap their magic and after that it is much easier to destroy them. Wars roamed and ceased, leaders and immortals died, but she was always left standing. And, she couldn't say how many times she switched sides and was a part of destroying her masters. Uncountable.

"I agree to your terms." she nodded slightly "If you have any need of me."

Desdemona didn't expect him to have any missions for her at the moment since she just entered his service. He probably first wanted her to prove her loyalty. Like spilling some of her blood and speaking a few words over it meant anything. If it did, she along with every other demon would be dead by now. Oaths just couldn't bind someone who didn't have an honorable bone in her body.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz smiled. His princely origins had made him a natural tyrant, born to dictate those less powerful than him. In godhood, he had achieved the ultimate rule.

"I need you to seek out places in this city where the volume of magic is akin to how it was here. To enter my realm, and to do so safely, cast this spell:" He spoke the spell to her, showing her the rift that opened.

"In return, my friend, Xerordir, will bring you 100 human souls. Deal?" Kirnardaz was a rewarding tyrant if anything, those who pleased him were pleased in return. Those who displeased him died however. In a manner of soul crushing that worked on gods.

The spell for crushing a god's soul required that the god be weakened through sin. War provided sin. This civil war in Connlaoth was rife with sin, and that made some gods weak. He had already crushed one pantheon from this world.

Caerina

Seriously? He wanted her to finish a trivial task, which he could have ordered to any of his lower sevants. But, Desdemona was smarter than to ask many questions about the subject. She learned long ago that it wasn't smart to question your masters. And, she had more than one scar to prove it.

"As you command." she agreed. Right now, she had little use of hundred human souls, but on the long run she could use them or store them. You can never know in what kind of situation can you get yourself into.

With a small bow she scanned the area of the city. It was gigantic and mostly in ruins. This task was going to be more interesting than she thought. Perhaps that way she could learn more about his powers and maybe learn something useful.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz floated off in another direction, and a man ran around the corner. Kirnardaz picked him up by his shirt, and frowned at him.

"Name yourself, human." The gauntlet on Kirnardaz's left hand disappeared, and Kirnardaz flexed it just to make sure he was still using it.

"John. John Apple." The man was bleeding where Kirnardaz's gauntlet cut into his hands as he resisted the grapple.

"Good. Now die, John Apple." Kirnardaz's left hand gently touched the man's nose, and his flesh began to decompose and rot, until the man's soul was forced to take immaterial form. He snatched the soul out of mid air and imbued it with corruption. Then he set it on the ground, and watched the demon grow from every sin. Six demons in total.

"Vioka. You are all to find me as many artefacts as possible. Anyone who brings me less than ten becomes a meal. You have until sunset."

Caerina

While Desdemona spent more time decyphering the language that was not spoken in thousands of years, than actually searching for what she was tasked for, she also managed to take two more souls and store them. Multitasking at it's best.

Two pillars were straight and nicely crafted with a bunch of signs she was now getting familiar with. Her purple eyes flew over the statues of some unknown hideous creatures. Desdemona took a deep breath and looked around. This place gave off powerful magic, she still wasn't sure was it the kind her new master was searching for, but it was most certainly strong and ancient.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz had searched for ages, and when sunset hit, he found what he was looking for. The demons had failed in their task, and several purple blasts went off in the city, demons exploding for failing their tasks. A whole 6 went off. Useless demons.

Kirnardaz found a center of magic, and let it flow into him, feeling the magic enter him. But he found he couldn't flow anymore into his own form, even when he released his physical form.

So instead, he sent a psychic message to Desdemona, summoning her. She could have the scraps.

I have energy for you. Lots of it. Come and claim it if you desire, or Veskos can have it. He is your equal.

Caerina

You should come to the Western ruins.
Her message was short and clear. These markings, the ones she was able to decypher revealed an astonishing story. She couldn't even imagine when was the last time she felt intrigued for something like this. Even the remains of power weren't the top priority now, it was this place, this tomb.

It was a cener of magic power, that much was obvious, but it was much different than the one her master opened. The power leaking from these two sources were not the same. She was confused and that was yet another thing she didn't remember feeling in a long time. Usually, things were always very clear to her.

She collected the pieces of this puzzle, story about someone who was buried here. When her new master comes she will have it ready, along with a solution to this confusing place. But the power, she had the feeling that the power will be hard to draw out, especially for them.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz summoned Veskos, who began to siphon the energy himself, desperate to ascend to godhood with Kirnardaz. And he was close too. But Kirnardaz left, wondering what was going on.

He decided to take a shortcut through space itself, warping through his dimension, then to Desdemona, appearing silently, stood right behind her.

"Desdemona. What have you found?" Kirnardaz's hadn't taken a step from where he was originally, and his portals were silent. If she was a demon, she would be scared right now. If she was a fool in his eyes, she would not flinch, and take it normally.

Caerina

She took a few steps away from him showing him the structure.
"There is a large power seal over this place." she told him, her fingers gliding over engraved letters written thousands of years ago "And I believe beneath it, there is something powerful. More so than anything I have ever felt."

Desdemona had a talent for power. It was a useful skill among demons. She just followed the flow of magic or power and she could easily find the source. It took years for this to become her expertise, years of practice.

"I am quite surprised nobody found this place." her voice stayed flat "A barrier of some sort must've protected it, but it was most certainly disrupted by the release of your power."

She sounded very certain, as she managed to translate the whole room worth of texts in little time.