Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What A Coinkydink. (Caerina)

Started by Brisinger987, September 22, 2013, 01:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz noticed the lack of reaction, and questioned her value of her own life. He had the spell to crush gods and she simply did that. She knew less than he thought.

Kirnardaz examined the ruins. They were recognised. He had dabbled with some Fell ruins before, and had seen this one before, but had forgotten it. Something made it powerful.

"This place needs corrupting. Give me a moment. Remain still." Kirnardaz let the black cloud fill the room, and fire that originally burned green burned purple now. The cloud cleared and three skeletal guards approached, their green eyes pointed at Desdemona.

"They recognise me as a god and know of my immortality. You on the other hand... Let me deal with them." Honestly, he was just showing off now. But he had to prove a point that he was a force to be reckoned with.

Caerina

Desdemona wasn't surprised by his powers. She noticed as much the first time she felt his presence. Also, she was completely aware of the dangers when she is considered a rival. That was why she preferred keeping a low profile, playing naive and powerless, making everyone think that she isn't a threat .

She nodded slightly at his words. His servants couldn't hurt her either way, but she kept her mouth shut. Measuring their power levels she decided they weren' a threat. But, being more careful than most she kept a part of her attention to them. You never know how smeone could surprise you.

Investigating the ruins some other interesting facts rested in her head. But perhaps she will keep some of them for herself. After all, her ultimate allegiance is only to herself and it was n her nterest to have some secrets and some powerful places which she could use.

Brisinger987

Show us the tomb... The way in... Become my servants... The voice whispered through the tomb as Xerordir spoke, briefly causing the skeletons to go on guard. But then their eyes changed to red.

Taking a courteous bow, they turned and began to walk.

"Desdemona. Come. We have guides." Kirnardaz would make her catch up, or be left behind. But as he walked her felt the power increasing, and it was ecstasy to him. He revelled in the sensation of ultimate magical power. He thought that perhaps some god was sealed away here. And then he found himself hopeful. He found himself looking forward to it.

If it was a god, him or Veskos could have the powers. If not, it was Desdemona's to keep.

Caerina

Desdemona kept herself exactly two steps behind her master. She didn't believe the things they followed, but again didn't voice her thoughts.But the power that was getting stronger as they went almost made her forget her doubts. Almost. She wasn't the type of person who ever forgot about dangers.

She contnued walking, keeping the same distance between them and trying to intake all the informations around her. All the letters, marks and glyphs. If she had more time they could discover so much to her, but since they didn't, Desdemona was only allowed to have glimpses of information about power and magic, death and life.

After some tine her gaze returned in front of her. Where were they going, she wondered, still very careful about their guides.

Brisinger987

"You are worried that our guides are not taking us to the right place." As she had wandered, he had slowly read the outermost thoughts in her mind, like reading the title of a book in someone else's hand. It was something she would have to learn he could do. Deeper thoughts were something he needed to be invasive about. But she didn't have any guards up, so he could read the most obvious thoughts.

"Do not fear. They are under my friend Xerordir's control. They will show use where to go without question." Kirnardaz dared not delve any deeper in case she knew the same spell he knew. He still had not gauged her full power. But he planned to.

6 skeletal guards walked round the corners, heading for Kirnardaz.

"Desdemona. Please deal with these guards."

Caerina

Desdemona wasn't afraid. She had problems feeling emotions and even when she did feel them they were faint, just a glimpse of something she used to possess. And she usually ignored those things, because emotions made you weak, but instincts made you survive. Not trusting the guides and fearing them were two different things, though her interest was piqued when he somewhat understood what she was thinking about, even if his interpretation was wrong.

The power flow was getting much denser and she was certain they were nearing the power nexus. There, she still wasn't sure what they would find there.

"Of course." she told him as she saw six skeletal beings nearing them. As someone with a high standing and large amount of power, Desdemona could be a force to be reckoned with. Plus, she just had her meal so her power was at it's tops.

Raising her large scythe-like blade, with little problem she crushed the heads of three guards in one swift move. On her lips she quietly chanted a destructive spell, releasing it through her blade and her hands. To any other person near her, it just looked like a quick flash of light, because her aim was towards the skeletons. In a fast motion she returned the blade to her back and looked over the smoking ashes of her enemies.

"We may continue." she said as she looked over the corner.

Brisinger987

"I will summon Veskos to accompany us. You may as well meet your other superior." Veskos materialised in a loud puff of smoke, his mask grinning with teeth. His yellow eyes glowed bright in the dark, symbolising just how much power he was containing. And his sword was humming.

"Veskos, nice to see you again. This is Desdemona. She will be your second in command." Veskos bowed in courtesy, and waited for Desdemona to show courtesy.

"Nice to meet you Desdemona. Well done on killing the skeletons." Veskos held a more courteous demeanour than Kirnardaz, having an unspoken grace.

Caerina

Valentina bowed slightly in front of the new demon. She didn't know him, but she did hear about him somewhere not so long ago. He was powerful and that much was obvious, but Desdemona had no plans on fighting him or her master. At least not head to head, anyway. She was much better in the shadows.

"Thank you." she said with her usual flat voice.

It was unusual for her to be second to anyone. Last time she had two masters was over a thousand years ago. She didn't like sharing power three ways. But, she guessed it could only be good practice.

Brisinger987

"Both of us obey Kirnardaz, obviously, as he is a god for demons. But you work under my command, you are as to me, as I am to Kirnardaz." The mask on Veskos' face smiled wider, the teeth opening to let a breath out. It was unnerving to Kirnardaz. Veskos found it normal however.

"It is a chain of command." Kirnardaz released his physical form, going on ahead, and finding the skeletal guards stopped at the tomb. It was a large room, with a single sarcophagus in the middle. Above it hung a Soul Chandelier. Thousands of souls in a chandelier, waiting to be released.

"There is the power. But I am curious of this sarcophagus."

Caerina

Desdemona entered the room after everyone else. When she reached the sarcophagus, she traced her finger over it's edge. There was a faint pulse of power she felt beneath her skin. A barrier, or some protective spell was all over he stone sarcophagus. She lowered her head and looked over the sides of it, searching for glyphs or any markings thay could suggest a curse.

Desdemona hated curses. They were nasty little things, not made to kill you but only make your life harder. A pain in the neck that could last for decades and was very hard to get off. After few curses she felt on her skin, Desdemona is now much more careful and adept at discovering them before they trigger. A small cursing glyph catched her attention as she covered it with her palm and destroyed it easily, nurning out it's magic.

"I advice caution." she said raising up "I can sense at least one more barrier."

It was a barrier she could destroy, if she wanted to. But, she kept playing out her plan as a weaker demon.

Brisinger987

Veskos examined it, and realised it was a sealing barrier. He wasn't sure what breaking it would do. He telepathically relayed the information to Kirnardaz, and they decided Desdemona should open it.

"Desdemona. Open it. I will absorb any raw energy that leaves it. Veskos will defend us." In reality, Kirnardaz knew whatever left it would attack Desdemona, or she would be sealed away somewhere.

Caerina

Desdemona made a small magic spark and let it fall onto the sarcophagus. It burned like fire and for that brief moment the barrier was visible. It was only to check whether there were any other dangers if she used her magic on the sarcophagus but also to see how will the the barrier react to her power.

Placing one of her palms few inches over the sarcophagus, Desdemona used a spell in order to dispel any possible curses that were left on the sarcophagus. Preparing herself for whatever might be inside, she drew a glyph in the air above it and whispered simple words she learned from the walls of the room. Protective words, and she certainly hoped that the barrier will react better to someone who sounds familiar.

Unleashing her power to break the sealing barrier through her hands a high pitched sound of something tore the room. The seal was broken with her magic, and as she slowly removed her palms from the sarcophagus it made a screetching noise of opening. That was the moment Desdemona understood what was happening.

It wasn't that they were keeping the power safe from the rest of the world, it was that they hid a monster insiede in order to save the world. And with monsters, came power, Desdemona thought.

Brisinger987

The black liquid spewed out of the sarcophagus, and Kirnardaz laughed, while Veskos panicked.

"COME TO ME! YOU ARE MINE, CREATURE. HAHAHAHAH!" His gas form mixed with the liquid, and immediately, Kirnardaz was overwhelmed.

"SKALOS! I SUMMON YOU!" Kirnardaz blasted the creature with fire, and separated again, overwhelmed by the insane mind he had come in contact with. Skalos jumped into existence, if only briefly.

He lunged at the liquid and it covered him, bubbling. It was a contest of insanity now. Which being was more deranged.

The liquid flattened out, and Kirnardaz, roared in frustration. Five rifts opened in space, and a spew of energy tendrils exited through them, attacking the creature. It was powerful beyond belief. Something told Kirnardaz that it was a dark god, liquidised and left to become insane.

"Subdue it, it is immortal!"

Caerina

While the battle was roaming in the middle of the room, Desdemona took her time to study some of the writings on the walls of the tomb. She found nothing really interesting or that she could use on the creature at hand. But, at least now she knew what they were dealing with. A crossbreed of the first Gods and one of the old demon races, now extinct.

Turning her head away from the wall, she looked over at the situation at hand. They didn't have much time because this creature was powerful, and years locked in there made him more twisted than anything she has ever seen. Too bad that for locking it back into the sarcophagus they needed an extinct animal, blood from a firstborn demon and something that she couldn't even translate right.

Taking a few steps forward, she was about to listen her master's orders. Subduing it won't be much easier than killing it, but she already had a plan in her head. She, herself couldn't do much about it, but as she slowly looked over at the liquified creature a small smile lingered on her lips.

Drawing power from the deepest reaches of Demon realm, where she had many power nexuses far away from everyone's eyes, Desdemona started raising a large barrier much like the last one the creature was trapped in. It was a shiny, indigo barrier that was almost impregnable and she spent a lot of her resources on it. Drawing few glyphs in the dirt around the barrier as the creature hissed and tryed to break free, just to keep the power flow stable and strong.

With a small sigh she raised her head to look up to her masterpiece.
"The creature won't be escaping out of this." she said assured, as she bowed a bit too her master and then took a few steps back.

Brisinger987

The demons which had been subduing it screamed in horrible agony as they evaporated in Kirnardaz's presence.

"This thing will restore you Veskos. This Dark god will give you powers on par with mine. We can be equals." Kirnardaz prepared a spell, mentally transferring the power to Veskos. Then Veskos released it.

Nothing much happened. Until the barrier was forced open by the sheer power of the magic used. The black liquid was pulled towards Veskos, who welcomed it willingly.

It encompassed his being, seemingly dissolving into his skin, and suddenly he burst into flames, slowly melting and burning into this black liquid. Which was his new equivalent of Kirnardaz's gas form.

"Good."

Caerina

Desdemona watched as he took the power, the essence of the creature, into himself. Somewhere, she could still feel the god's presence in him, she could feel the struggle and raw force he used trying to get out. He will get tired in time and settle down, because he wasn't going anywhere for the next eternity.

Uninterested in that, she released he power nexuses, satisfied that not much of her power was spent in this small adventure of hers. She passed over to the sarcophagus, that was now gaping open full of cracks made when she destroyed the barrier. Noticing a small glimmer of something she reached for it. A ring, simply engraved in glyphs she didn't recognize, it looked like something for a female. She couldn't feel any power off of it, but it still held some unexplainable interest.

Brisinger987

Veskos reformed quickly,  taking physical form.

"Hahaha! AHAHAHAHAHAHA! I AM VESKOS! I AM THE BLOOD GOD!" Veskos had triumphed over the monster, and claimed a spot in godhood. He was as powerful as any other god, although his realm was diminished. He could absorb other realms to expand his own, add space. He could rule a spot alongside Kirnardaz. As equals.

"Very good Veskos. Very quick." Kirnardaz studied the glyphs on the wall, trying to discern more about the creature which had attacked. It was interesting. It was strange.

"Desdemona, did you read anything about what that being was?"

Caerina

"It was a descendant of the First Gods." she said, raising her head from the sarcophagus "It was very cleverly caught in a trap by the people who lived here and captured in the sarcophagus. The creature was said to be a god of mysery, but was also associated with deseases." Desdemona concured.

It was truly a pity that the carvings were erased by time and so cracked that it was impossible to get the whole story from it. Around tge room there was little else of items, except an altair the sarcophagus and the dirt. Nothing she felt like dwelling on. There was little more power here.

Desdemona moved from the sarcophagus, watching Veskos. Godhood was something quite rare when it comes to demons, but she has seen it before.

Brisinger987

If Desdemona looked, she would sense the growing dark energy level between them. Together they created a "black hole" for light and pure energy, sucking it in and crushing it, the inescapable vortex not visible, but definitely present. On their own there was none, but together they had the power to suck in magic itself and crush it, corrupting and defiling it beyond comprehension, simply adding to the power of the black hole.

"I believe we should leave. I sense a rather holy presence is speeding towards us. And I have no interest in fighting an angel. They have horrible tendencies to try and seal you away somewhere. It is a nuisance." Kirnardaz simply blinked and a portal opened up to his realm. Immediately, the portal emanated a smell of fire, smoke, and death.

"Come Desdemona, we can continue talking in my realm." Veskos stepped into the portal, waiting in the crimson throne room for the two demons. "I will show you around my realm."

Caerina

Desdemona felt the presence they were talking about. She didn't like it, a power in such a different manner was still power, but it still made her feel uncomfortable. Desdemona had dealings with angels and their angel hunters more than once.

As much as they wanted to seem honestly good and pure, they were after the power just as much as any demon. It was only their methods that were different, where demons tended to do things more shadowy and angels did everything by their codex.

Desdemona entered the portal after them, by the new god's demand.