Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

innocent lie

Started by Anonymous, August 26, 2005, 08:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The dark night was only illuminated by the small fires from small homes and late-night shops. Generally one would think it rather.. stupid, to walk around at this hour but to Meyrin it really didn't phase her. That is, unless a noise spooked her. At times she could be as ansty as a skittish horse. But tonight the air was silent except for the few crickets she heard chirupping. Technically she was venturing outside only to get some air. Her room at the local inn seemed very stuffy and that just wasn't suited for that kind of enviroment. Bright blue eyes flashed as they caught the light from an elderly gentleman's home. Coming to a standstill she watched him as he grabbed a piece of firewood and then went back into his home.

Tilting her head, Meyrin's cherry brown hair cascaded over her shoulders. Despite her looks she was very innocent and rather... naive. Which surprises most people when they spot her on her journeys. One time a lecherous man came after her -picking up that she was probably an air-head and thinking she was "weak"- he was surprised to see her pull out a new weapon (a gun). Meyrin then kicked the guy's rear, apologized, and got him help before she departed. Taking in a deep breath she sighed and continued onward. Her tawny chaps covered most of her legs since her shorts were rather.. short >>

Meyrin's other items of clothing were also odd; her shirt was a spaghetti strapped tank except it was form fitting that split down the middle. Around her neck she wore a leather collar and on each hip she had holsters for her guns. Yes -Meyrin was dressed oddly for her era. Running a hand through her smooth hair she sits down on top of a medium-sized barrel. Such a refreshing night..

Anonymous

Haru had been coming in late - he had taken a too-long of a nap and wound up entering the next village at a later-than-hoped-for hour. So, he was a bit angry, grumbling to himself as he stalked into the streets His boots thumped lightly, pants tucked into the worn, brown leather shoes. He brushed a hand through his pale, silvery light brown hair. It fell immediately back into place, layered and well-kept. Okay, he appreciated keeping up appearances. It seemed to be in his nature thus far. But anway, he was simply wandering aruond, bright red-glinting gaze piercing the vague light with ease. Of course, he didn't quite notice Meyrin until it was too late.

While he was looking around he, apparently, didn't walk straight down the road but into the barrel and girl - growling and bristling. He glowered and leapt back, gaze sharp and piercing as he stared at her. ............. AIRHEAD. He thought/

"WHAT ARE YO DOING JUST SITTING AROUND LIKE THAT? YOU IDIOT," he couldn't help it, he just blurted it out without really realizing what he said... and he wasn't about to apologize, even if he did recognize the fact he was being stupid.

Anonymous

Closing her eyes she stretched out her arms, a yawn placing itself upon her innocent face. It seemed that a soft breeze brought the sound of heavy footsteps -but then she opened her eyes just in time to be rammed into by a young man, who looked to be her age. Falling off the barrel she landed on her rump and whimpered. Looking up with her bright blue eyes she gave off a sort of frown. Had it been on purpose? No, probably not.. Shifting Meyrin stood up, back pressed against the building since he wasn't quite far enough away for her liking.

For a moment she took in his appearance. Blinking dumbfoundedly (sp? lol) she exhaled, blowing upwards towards her bangs. But then he yelled. So loud! Wincing Meyrin waited until he was done yelling and then shifted her gaze away from him.

"I-I'm sorry.." Nervously she clasped her hands behind her back and then waited to see what he would do.

Anonymous

Okay, a small, very small, somewhat-rational voice in his head told him that he was being a total and complete jackass at the moment. Of course, his face heated up, aflame with embarrassment which only seemed to anger him further. He did not, at all, want o be embarrassed. And anyway, it really wasn't HIS fault that she was just.. sitting on a stupid barrel in the middle of the freakin' night, now was it?!

"Ah hell! Whatever. What were you doing out here anyway?" He grunted, brows raised over his piercing scarlet eyes.

....Why would someone like HER be sitting here? He thought, arms crossing over his chest as he, in an annoyed, and exasperated way glanced away.

He huffed softly, only glancing back to her lightly, brows twitching. There was a small frown placed veyr cautiously on his lips, hims tanding tall, back straight, almost arrogantly, but more stand-offish than anything.

Anonymous

Wow, he really was quite the angry one. Blinking she looked him over briefly before sighing deeply. "I just wanted some air.. The room I'm staying in at the inn was quite stuffy." She said, voice light despite his electric temper. Meyrin waved once she gathered enough courage and then smiled.

"I believe we got off to a bad start. I'm Meyrin Witter -and you are ^^?" She said with a rather... goofy smile.

Being the kind of person she was it didn't even cross her mind that when meeting a total stranger it wouldn't be wise to tell them your last name. Oh well, too late now. Maybe it wouldn't phase him..>>

Anonymous

Haru was... well, confused. She didn't seem angry at him, which was odd.. Usually he was already in a fist fight with someone. He really couldn't understand, at least for the moment, so he brushed his fingers through his hair, eyebrow still twitching at sporadic moments. He sighed, and glanced at when she spoke again. Stuffy.. in her inn room? She was staying in the village. He shrugged to himself - it was none of his buisness, really.

"Haru," was all he said, glancing around him.

"So what brings you too.... here?" He grumbled, pausing before the last word simply because he forgot the name of the village.

Oh.

"Connlaoth," he said the name belatedly... but that didn't matter.

Anonymous

A single index finger rose to her chin as she began to ponder on his question. Truthfully she really had no reason. "I'm just passing by I guess." She said with a smile. A cloud moved, allowing the moonlight to show more on the duo. She could see him clearer now -except for the milky haze a moon always puts on a person.

"Why are you here Mr. Haru?" Meyrin asked. If he didn't want to tell her then that was fine. She was only asking because he asked her the same question. Idly she began to fiddle with the collar around her neck. Some might find it odd for her to wear a leather collar but she liked it. It was her form of a necklace -in a sense.

Anonymous

Haru gave her a studious glare, scarlet eyes steady. Just passing by? Oh. Not much different from himself, but yet, it semed they were completely and absolutely different. He, out of habit, ran his hands through his light brown locks, repeating it again. He shifted, and let his arms fall, crossing over his stomach, locking tightly against him. The milky haze of the silvern sphere didn't phaze him, it really only gave him a better glance and it made him think even harder. Why would a girl like...err, her, be wandering in dark streets? I guess she's confident in herself o.o' were his thoughts. ..........not like I care his mind whispered.

"Doing the same thing," he responded, slowly beginning to calm down. Finally.

Leather collar? It was nice.. but... Oh well. None of his buisness. He didn't want to wear jewelry of any kind, it kind of made him.. almost.. girlish. Well, not really. He just didn't like jewelry on himself. It got lost, or broke, or got dirty.. And he had enough of a time keeping himself and his clothes and belongings in good shape. Why should he add to that crap, you know?

Anonymous

So, he did answer? And this time he was much more calm. Blinking her big blue eyes, she then fixed an oblivious stare at him. She was somewhat dumbfounded by the way he could change so quickly. Putting the barrel back into an upright position once more she sighed and then smiled, "^^ Well.. I guess I should get out of your way then."

Giving him a simple wave she began to go in the wrong direction, since she had been planning on returning to the inn. Stopping in her tracks, Meyrin scratched the back of her head and turned back around. Once more she turned her attention to Haru. "This may sound stupid but.. I have been walking so much that I've forgotten which way the inn is. ^^;;" She said pathetically -yet somehow with cheer.