Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Northwatch Nightwatch [Goblin]

Started by Juno, October 07, 2013, 08:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

After a week of being stuck with the bulk of Eyla's work Kai was exhausted. Her sister claimed illness serious enough for bed rest most days, but Kai didn't see anything wrong with her. Still, she cared for her and the success of the province and their household too much to complain even though it was weighing on her.

Once her sister returned to her normal duties Kai was able to get some much-needed rest at last with a free day the High Lady had bestowed upon her as thanks, sleeping well into the morning and only waking for the persistent light shining in her eyes from her window.

Rolling away and tugging her blanket over her head she froze as she noticed something unfamiliar beside her bed. A small statue but- She instantly recognized it as herself from the side facing her.

She blinked rapidly, sitting up in a hurry and grabbing it by its base to set it on her lap to study. The craftsmanship and detail were immaculate, like a still view of their night of dancing. She'd known Donovan was talented from his work in the shop but this was another level of ability to capture a moment so clearly that she never would have expected of anyone.

Happy tears welled in her eyes as she gingerly lifted it up in her hands, turning it this way and that to see the details and color from every angle before replacing it on the table with care.

Though still a bit groggy from sleep she raced to throw on clothes, grab her coinpurse, and hurry downstairs and out the door with mussed, wispy hair. She got quite a few looks from staff and townsfolk alike as she raced down the road towards the Cabello's shop with puffy eyes and wild hair.

Her knocks at their door were hurried but she didn't wait for an answer, bursting inside with a joyful, laughing call of "Donovan? Are you here?"

GoblinFae

Oliver had been the one to deliver the parcel in the wee hours of the evening before racing off back for home. He would have liked to have given it in person but Donovan was having none of it. The shier twin wanted it to be a surprise and to leave it at that. Given that Donovan had slaved over making the vision come to life, Oliver was not about to argue with his twin on this matter.

As such he was asleep when their lady interest came a'calling, leaving Donovan to work the shop in his twin's slumbering absence. The knocking and tinkling of the front bell had Donovan looking up from his counter cleaning in time to see the joyful woman come bursting into the room.

"I'm here," he called out to her, already blushing to see her so soon and happy. "Is there something you're needing sweet lady? You're here quite early this morning. I hope all is well with you and your kin," he continued as he moved to greet her, standing at last in front of her with a slightly worried crease marring his features as he looked her over.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

When Kai saw him at last her smile only brightened. She noticed the way he kept his distance, though, the concern clear upon his face as he approached.

"No, nothing like that! Everything is well," she rushed to assure him, bouncing excitedly on her heels for a moment before she surged forward to wrap him up in a hug, her cheek pressed against his own so she could speak into his ear. "I wanted to say thank you. Personally. Um, for the statue. It's so beautiful and detailed and...I'm sure that took you quite some time to make."

GoblinFae

Donovan softly gasped in surprise at her sudden embrace. In a heartbeat he was beet red and all but shivering at the feel of her warm breath puffing against the shell of his ear. The poor man did not know what to do other than gently hug her back and stutter through his words as his brain melted to mush.

"W-w-well you're welcome my lady. I'm glad you like it," he whispered back to her. "It doesn't hold a candle to the real thing but I'm happy it's a passable imitation of the beauty that you are. Thank you forgiving my impertinence to attempt such a thing."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Kai puffed a short breath of laughter, squeezing him close in another warm hug. "Don't be silly, I'm so glad you did, really," she tried to assure him, brushing a soft kiss to his cheek as she leaned away to rest flat on her feet once more.

With a timid smile she reached into the pocket of her dress and pulled out a mostly-full coin purse. Not even bothering to count it she tried to press the bag into his hand. "Please take this. For my appreciation of your art and...for your time," she insisted, thinking it might have been a great burden to focus so much effort on a personalized piece.

GoblinFae

He blushed darker at her kiss, feeling the heat of her lips sear him to his very core. Donovan was about ready to stutter his way through a flustered denial when she pulled out a coin purse and began pleading with him to accept payment. That sobered him up quickly and had him placing steady hands on her shoulders to draw her away from him so he could look her in the eye.

"My lady it as a gift. I would take great offense if you tried to pay me for it. Please allow me to have attempted to share something beautiful with the woman that inspired me to make it. I know it does nothing to match your own shining light but I tried my best and would love it if you kept it. Paying for it would simply undermine the care and attention that was placed into its making out of the good and care of my heart. Please, allow me this small pleasure in life my lady."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Her eyes widened, his rejection unexpected. Her cheeks flushed warmly, not having seen her offer as an offense until he'd said so. "I'm sorry," she muttered with a wince, quickly returning the purse to her pocket and smoothing out the lines of her dress. "I didn't- I thought- I love it, really. I just...thought it might have been too much work to do for nothing."

Kai tilted her head up at him with an apologetic smile, hoping he could forgive her for not understanding. "I meant no offense. If it is to be a gift it is the best gift I have ever received. I love it and I will cherish it dearly," she promised, stepping closer to circle her arms around him again, hoping she could soothe whatever hurt she might have caused by being rude. "You made me look more beautiful than I could ever be, so thank you."

Again she stood up on her toes, leaning in to press a kiss to his jaw that made her blush darkly. She probably shouldn't have been so forward with him but she wanted to show him affection, unaware of how much he was beginning to worm his way into her heart.

GoblinFae

Donovan smiled fondly if a bit nervously down at her for all her fussing. "All the work was worth it for the repayment of your joy and your smile, my lady," he murmured softly down at her. He could not help the besotted grin that tugged at his lips and lit his eyes up with pure delight.

His breath seized in his chest at her embrace but his arms engulfed her easily if on instinct alone. She was warm and soft against him and in that moment Donovan wanted nothing more than to make time stop so that the embrace could last forever. He squeezed her gently back in response.

"It pales in comparison to your true beauty but I am happy all the same you can look past the flaws of my work and enjoy it." He could say no more though as she leaned up and kissed him sweetly. Donovan's own cheeks flamed crimson in response although he continued to hold her close, still unwilling to let the moment end. Instead he embraced her once more, this time with confidence and care before laughing softly and giving her a gentle twirl off her feet. "I am so thrilled that you like it. I was worried it would not please you. You are too beautiful and sweet to not get the best. You honour me greatly by accepting my humble work so warmly. Thank you, my lady. Truly thank you!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Kai gave a small squeak as her feet left the ground, clinging to him tightly as she was spun. Her heart lurched once he'd set her down again, eyes searching his face with a surprised sort of wonder. Gods, she was in trouble with this man.

"It's the best I've ever seen, it's absolutely stunning!" she insisted, settling her hands at his sides and not yet willing to break away from the tether of contact since he didn't seem eager to leave her either. "I'm sure all the lords and ladies of the province would be very happy to have your work in their homes if they could only know your talent."

She let out a soft sigh of amazement, shaking her head with a smile, "I know I will display it always, it's truly something special."