Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Northwatch Nightwatch [Goblin]

Started by Juno, October 07, 2013, 08:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Looking to Donovan as he spoke up for the both of them, Kai smiled and looked between them and her sister. "That's reassuring. Thank you both, really. I think that, sadly, many of the guard are under appreciated," she told them sincerely, smiling to each before Donovan captured her attention again.

Her eyes lit up with excitement for the opportunity to dance when it was not required as a "chore" for her like most of her conversations and dances had been until they'd joined her. "Oh, yes, of course!" she said excitedly, shooting an apologetic look to Oliver as she took Donovan's hand and began to walk towards the dance floor with him. "I'm sorry, I'll be right back." Then she continued lightheartedly to say, "Don't disappear for the night, but please do enjoy yourself. There are refreshments and plenty of young ladies that I'm sure would enjoy a dance or two."

GoblinFae

The offering man beamed shyly with delight to see her so excited about being asked to dance. Donovan reveled in the opportunity to secretly lord this one over Oliver even as his twin was forced to plaster on an understanding smile seconds after giving him the death glare. Oliver made his noises of forgiveness as Donovan whisked Kailinna away and onto the dancefloor for the next song.

Bowing low to the woman before him, Donovan fluidly moved forward to take Kailinna into his arms as the gentle tones of the orchestra played a slow tune. With the confidence of a well-tutored dancer, he began to lead her slowly around the floor, doing his absolute best to not to crush her closely against him or let his hands wander inappropriately.

Given the number of times Oliver had tried to woo a lady with his non-existent dance skills and the number of times the twins had practiced together, Donovan at least had learned to do what his brother could not, dance.

"Do you often get the chance to dance, Kai? Or does your work keep you too busy? I'm sure serving under the High Lady can be quite taxing."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Playfully mirroring Donovan's bow, Kai was positively bubbly as he led her into the dance. Excited to have a competent partner, and one who was acting much the gentleman at that, the noblewoman did her best to show him she was just as skilled even though she was quite tired from the evening's festivities thus far.

"Honestly, no, I don't get to dance very much," she told him nervously, hoping it didn't show. Though, she did wince slightly at his wording about the work she did and hoped he didn't mean it sarcastically. "It can be, at times. I won't deny that," she said cheerfully, chuckling as knew her sister could be high maintenance at times. "But it really is rewarding. I love what I do. Seeing her happy and seeing my work making her life easier is reward enough." Glancing to where Eyla stood, Kai smiled slightly before they were moving further away again.

"And yet I get so much more out of it than her own happiness," she continued, removing her hand from his own for a moment to gesture to the grandness of the mansion, their home, before returning her hand to his. "Do you love what you do? Would you rather work in some other occupation? Have time for other things? ...I'm going to guess you have plenty of time for parties at least," she joked, glancing down pointedly at their feet before complimenting him, "You're quite the dancer."

GoblinFae

"I am glad to hear your work is rewarding. I honestly believe that that is the best kind of work to be part of. And yes, I find my work quite rewarding, after all it gave me the chance to meet you, the finest lady a man could ever dream of meeting," Donovan praised with a warm smile.

He reveled in the knowledge that Oliver never would have been able to handle both holding a conversation as well as dancing at the same time. Toes would have been crushed several times over by now and he had yet to falter in his paces.

"Thank you, my lady, you flatter me. It is you who is quite the dancer. I am only lucky the music slow for my clumsy left feet otherwise I would shame us both as I trounced us across the floor," he told her with a chuckle. "That would be a tragedy to behold, I can assure you."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Kailinna giggled at the imagery and adjusted her positioning to stay a bit closer to him, their clothes barely brushing now. "Just as well, I much prefer slow dances," she told him. "Especially since I've had such a busy day. It's nice to unwind... I'm very glad you and...um, is it proper to call him your brother?" she asked, glancing to where they'd last left Oliver. "Anyway, I'm glad that you had the time to stop by. It isn't often that I can say I have personal guests at these sorts of things," she giggled, blushing slightly as she continued, "Let alone handsome gentlemen."

Glancing around the room at a few of the key women in attendance, though, she didn't understand his compliment, though it was well received. "Thank you, though, truly," she beamed, blushing and happy for having been called fine and hearing he was happy to have met her. "But surely you would prefer to also meet and spend time with the High Lady? Or any of the big landowner's daughters in attendance? They are all very lovely and amazing women, I would not fault you for it," she giggled, curious to know what his intentions were or even if he'd already met with anyone else.

GoblinFae

He smiled shyly to hear her say she enjoyed these kinds of dances as well even as she moved them closer together. Donovan refused to accept her movement as an invitation though and therefore kept his hands in their appropriate positions joined with hers and on her shoulder-blade.

With a chuckle he nodded his head. "Aye, you may call him my brother. We were born but minutes apart under the same roof and we've never been separated since. However, I believe you go too far calling either of us ruffians gentlemen even if we are rather fetching," he declared with a wink and roguish smile.

"We are very delighted that you were able to. It is an honor to be here and to dance with someone as skilled as yourself. You cannot imagine how awkward it is to practice dancing with a partner that is also trying to lead," he laughed.

His eyes trailed off to see where his brother was making small talk with some ladies gathered by the punchbowl. No doubt Oliver was trying to showoff and by their expressions he was having mixed success. Some looked ready to swoon while others were ready to slap him. Leave it to Oliver to get himself into such a predicament.

"Honestly, meeting the High Lady would be a dream come true however I am much more content to stay here in the lovely arms of the flower before me. I have no interest in anything other than enjoying the company of my hostess who has invited me as her guest. Should you bore of me though, simply speak the word and I shall vanish from your side so that my brother or another may take my place. I take no offense at being asked to leave, Miss Kai. Truly, do not be afraid to do so should you require it."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

She was pleased to know she'd guessed correctly, even though each of them was a spitting image of the other. One could never be too cautious, and she did not want to offend either of them with her fumblings. It felt like she'd just recovered before being shoved back down again.

Thoroughly embarrassed that he had taken her questions that way, Kai's cheeks and neck took up a deep red in her shame for both asking and her need to deny such a thing. "No, no, not at all!" she insisted nervously, averting her eyes from him and stumbling slightly, which only caused her to blush even more. "Oh, I'm so sorry!" she hissed in apology when she knocked her leg into his for her faltering.

"I... I-I didn't mean it like that at all! I very much enjoy your company...and seeing you again. I am not bored of you in the least, please don't think that," she pleaded shyly, feeling absolutely mortified now as she glanced to her sister and then Oliver and the ladies near him. "I am not bored, or bored of you. Um... I suppose I was just trying to say that there's no need to feel obligated to spending time with me. I would not be offended if you wanted to part and speak to or dance with other ladies. I did invite you to a party, after all, not just to visit me, but...well... I understand you've already said you have no interest. I just wanted to clarify."

Embarrassed still, Kai glanced up at him apologetically with a shy smile. She didn't want to admit how rare it was for anyone, let alone a man to show any interest in her. She was second in line should anything happen to her sister or if she had no heirs before she left their world. Even Kai thought that was fairly unlikely, and she was happy to not have the pressure that Eyla was under constantly. Unfortunately, though, it meant that more people were interested in her connections as opposed to getting to know her personally, and it left her with very few people she felt she could call her friends.

"I'm very grateful, though. Thank you," she beamed, trying not to seem overly excited over such a simple thing.

GoblinFae

Feeling her faltering in her steps, the self-proclaimed soldier allowed his arm behind her shoulder to drop to her back in order to better support her from falling as he pulled her gently close. It was instinctive and he found himself with a matching blush. "Pardon me," he murmured as he once more straightened his posture to allow his hand to return to its proper place.

Donovan gave her hand a warm squeeze. "I enjoy your company too. I feel very fortunate for having run into you Madam Shadow-Skulker," he jested with a wink. Changing the subject he continued with a new line of questions. "Do you often get opportunities to leave here or does her Ladyship keep you quite busy?" Ideas were already blooming in his mind and he hoped to discuss them with Oliver before the night was through.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Giggling at the nickname and unaware that his question was anything more than idle conversation, Kai shrugged happily as they continued their slow dance around the room. "Leave as in leave from here? Or leave the province? I'm free to come and go as I please, of course, unless she requires my help, which really isn't all that often when I think about it. Mostly for events like these," she clarified.

"I almost always travel with her when she leaves the province as well, for whatever business she might have. It's mostly for companionship, though. And the fact that she can trust me with anything, which I'm thankful for. Gives her a friendly face to talk to, I suppose," she chuckled, shaking her head some.

"But I guess to answer your question plainly, it varies. Some days I have many things to do and some I have nothing at all and am bored to tears," she giggled, blushing some as she continued. "Why do you ask? Just curiosity?"

GoblinFae

Mentally, he made a note of what she said concerning her occupation. It seemed she was no so much of a servant as an assistant. He and Oliver both would have to tread more carefully in the future if they wanted to continue this game they were playing, that is if Oliver would even want to continue with it. Their situation was quite dangerous enough for them as he had already pointed out to his twin several times over in the last few hours.

Donovan dragged himself back to their conversation though, lest she find him rude. "I did mean leave as in here. I was just asking because well," he trailed off and blushed, finding his feet moving a bit clumsily through the next few steps before he was able to smooth them out once more. "It would be a delight to accompany you about the city if you're ever free Kai. And willing to pass your precious time with a pair of rugged soldiers of course," Donovan added with a chuckle as he gently spun her about.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Kai was almost thankful when he himself took a few clumsy steps. She helped in correcting their dance and gave him an encouraging smile. It was good to see him make some sort of mistake as well, it helped it seem more "even" between them to her now. "I see," she sighed happily, bubbly and excited by the prospect he was proposing.

"I'm sure there will be an errand or two needing my attention. I would be happy to have your company, rugged or otherwise," she giggled, gingerly running a hand along the front of Donovan's coat. "So long as you're free, though. I wouldn't want to distract from your work," she assured him, frowning slightly at the idea of her causing trouble for them. They were barely acquainted, but they were growing on her and she was certain she didn't want to squander a potential friendship by creating problems for them. "Believe me, my time is not nearly as precious as that of this province's brave soldiers," she told him, certainly believing that to be true herself.

GoblinFae

"You would never be a distraction, my sweet. Besides, I doubt you would be going on many errands in the dark now would you? Even if you were I can speak for my twin and I both when I say that we would feel much better knowing we had escorted you than you had gone alone. We do patrols so it is not uncommon for us to be traversing different regions of the city."

He laughed to hear her speak of a brave soldier's time. "A soldier's time is never wasted if he does his duty and I would consider it the most honorable of all duties to escort the beautiful Miss Kai to wherever she need travel to."

The music was beginning to quiet as it came near it's end and another began. Donovan found himself once more glancing about to catch sight of his aforementioned twin but was surprised when he was no longer to be found.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Oh, you don't have to say that," Kai insisted, blushing brightly for being called beautiful. "But you're right. Unfortunately there aren't many things that need my attention in the evening," she admitted, a bit disappointed she would have very few excuses for seeing them, or anyone else for that matter.

As the music slowed and the next, more upbeat song began, though, Kai found herself looking up hesitantly to Donovan and leading them into the faster, more playful dance. "Did you want to do this one, too?" she asked, feeling a bit bad she hadn't asked before they'd gotten to that point.

GoblinFae

Donovan wanted to clap his hands with joy. "That's excellent then," he declared. "Then you need not worry about us patrolling somewhere else in the city as we are free during the day. If you're interested that is. We would love to have such an opportunity provided we don't mess things up tonight. The night is still young after all and I have yet to step on your foot," he jested.

Before he could answer, they were brought to a stop by a tap on his shoulder. Turning he found himself face to face with his living mirror. "Pardon me," Oliver declared, dropping into his own low bow. "But I do believe it would only be fair to rescue you now Miss Kai from this oaf's fumbling steps. I would hate to have your pretty shoes ruined by his treading on them. If you'll allow me," he offered, hand extended to lead her into the dance.

Donovan stepped back to allow his twin room even as he laughed an clapped his brother on the shoulder. "Take care dear brother you do not do the same after such talk. I was just telling the lady here what a shame it would be if we so thoroughly embarrassed ourselves that she would never wish to see us again."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"A simple misstep would not send me away," she giggled, amused and very much enjoying herself with him. They'd hardly taken a few more steps, though, before they were stopped and the other twin was there. Looking between the two, she smiled nervously for her inability to find any distinguishing features that made one or the other stand out.

"If you wish," she answered, sending Donovan an apologetic look as she took Oliver's hand. "But I assure you he's done no more fumbling than I." Kai thought it unfortunate that they seemed focused on not embarrassing themselves. She was most interested in getting to know them and not how well they could keep up appearances, but she supposed it might happen in time.

"Don't worry, just relax," she told Oliver, giggling as they twirled across the room. "So, what have you been up to this evening? Charming all the ladies?" she guessed playfully.

GoblinFae

Oliver slid into place as his brother withdrew. His steps were not quite as fluid as his brother's and he often spent his time staring at his feet. In between staring he managed to look up and laugh. "Of course! But, never you fear, you're the prettiest of them all sweet Kai. No little lady could be fairer in all of Northwatch than you."

He tripped over his own feet and nearly knocked Kai over as he fell forward mid-turn. "Sorry! Sorry!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Kai was a bit startled for all the compliments she was receiving from them, though they were not unwanted nor unappreciated. "Well, thank you," she giggled happily, though she was quite certain he had not met her sister to be saying such a thing.

The way he struggled and tripped about was certainly quite different from his brother, and when he tripped and knocked into her she had to take a few steps back to recover without falling down. Wide-eyed for a moment, she blushed and took up his hand again as they continued on. "It's okay!" she insisted, hoping he wasn't embarrassed or anything like that. "It happens to everyone," she tried to assure him. "Are you still learning? Perhaps we could practice sometime?"

GoblinFae

"No, no," he stated, while trying to keep up with whirling about the floor. "I've been dancing for many years now. I am afraid that your beauty blinds me in my steps. Oh Miss Kai how can you not know how you affect a man's heart? I now know why it is you serve under our High Lady," Oliver declared, beaming proudly at his revelation.

"She keeps you close so that you may not outshine for you are our province's greatest jewel. It is, isn't it? Tell me I'm wrong!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Oh, my beauty is it?" she laughed, thinking he was joking and wanting to keep their conversation lighthearted. Hearing him out, though, only had her blushing even brighter than before, if that was even possible. She slowed in her steps and fumbled about for a few moments as, in her eyes, it was a great compliment to receive but she feared taking him seriously. He looked quite young, after all, and Kai was certain there were plenty of hurt feelings to be had from such a bold claim anyway, whether he truly meant it or not.

"It is a nice dream, but you are very wrong, indeed!" she told him playfully, hoping to not show her skepticism to him now. "I think you are very wrong, but please forgive my bluntness.

"In my humble opinion, the High Lady is the best example of good character and looks of all of Northwatch's ladies. She is so bold and courageous, and she has no issue in sharing her thoughts on any matter. That I can promise you," she giggled nervously. "She has such passion for supporting the province and she would do anything for its people. To me, she is the jewel and....honestly, the person I strive to become some day." Smiling slightly now, she nodded and looked a bit nervous for realizing she'd just rambled off her opinions on the matter.

"Forgive me, though. I am incredibly grateful for your compliments and very much spoiled by them. I just feel there are ladies who have better accomplishments and greater beauty than I that may deserve your kindnesses more. After all, I simply serve the High Lady... But I certainly would not turn away any fun that might come my way," she hinted.

GoblinFae

Oliver stopped where he stood as other dancers continued to move about them. "No lady has received them as well as you. It seems rugged soldiers are not as well seen by others as you. In all seriousness though, I pray you do not lose yourself in your efforts to becoming like our most admirable High Lady. The woman you are is quite precious as she stands."

Bowing over her he hand he bestowed a gentle kiss to the back of it before pulling her from the dancefloor. "I am afraid I have ruined this dance for you Kai. Can you forgive this braggart? It seems I am not capable of keeping up with all this whirling. If you would be willing though, I would not be opposed to a quiet walk out of doors with the sweetest woman there is upon my arm," he offered with a sheepish grin and an offered arm.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]