Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cake & Venom.(Spice)

Started by Paradox, October 12, 2013, 04:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

"A few, " Of course there were and the majority of them were an aggressive lot who made such ridiculous demands from him and acted as though he should blindly sign a contract just because they were fair at bullshitting and experts at name-dropping.

"I am always open to new ideas and opportunities, Lord Delcheaux. I do not turn novices away for being novices,I turn away for poor business manner coupled with their unsatisfactory demands. I'm sure you understand that well enough , being a man of considerable economical influence and experience. If you know anyone who might be interested in seeking some financial opportunities in my lands however, you're welcome to refer them to me. "

visualspice

"Ah, an intriguing proposition. I do know someone seeking more opportunities to the west. I suppose I could send him your way, his name is Lord Malcon. A fair man and he's been doing business for years, though finds it difficult to keep trades interlinked among all of the duchies. He has a lot of bold propositions, and unifying a trade structure sounds like something anyone could gain from. We are all Connlaothians, after all."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

It sounded almost too good to be true and Conall had learned fairly early in life especially where it came to being promised that this treatment, that diet, praying regularly, paying huge sums of money was somehow going to cure him of the illness that plagued him...that things that sounded too good to be true typically were. But, Conall tried to keep his perspective fresh and not let his cynicism get the better of him. It wouldn't do a whole lot of good here anyway. Better to play the young, ignorant , open-minded child than to play the bitter little brat.

"Interesting, indeed. It's also a rather bold undertaking. " If not impossible, he thought. He offered a polite smile, "Indeed we are. Please, do send the gentleman my way."

Although it seemed not everyone agreed that sentiment.

visualspice

"But of course, my Duke," Vesrik told him with a nod. "Though I must inquire as to any available tradesman of your own? Trade is a frugal and finicky business, and not all can understand the woes of such a beast- though I can easily say I understand it rather mildly, and would not mind over hearing any of your plans to improve trade as such a young ruler; and who you aim to keep up the Connlaothian pride in Ardal." And he continued to peer at the younger man, his eye lids hanging low, giving him that eternal pompous look most arrogant assholes possessed.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"Irving is my primary financial adviser. Your inquires on such matters are best forwarded to him. I have yet to hold any economic conferences. Ardal's economy is not threatened so much as her political morale. That was where my attentions have been since my crowning. " He studied the pompous expression on Vesrick's face with a cool countenance, "Naturally, our initial goal would be to reaffirm our agreements in the West. Particularly on the borders. It is imperative to have good relations with one's neighbors. As far as bolstering our people's spirits , there is a holiday coming up that celebrates Saint Eimhir. " 

visualspice

"And will Ardal be hosting a specific celebratory event in Saint Eimhir's honor?" Vesirk inquired, lifting a single brow.

Paradox

"House Aeron and House Shanley are to convene in a few weeks time about this year's festivities for this special event. We have a tradition every year to hold a series of contests. As you may or may not know horses are a very important part of my people's culture and the good Saint Eimhir himself was quite the skilled horseman and served in the army's Calvary for a number of years before retiring and offering his devotion wholly to Ansgar. For amusement we will likely hold a few racing competitions, some jousting , archery, and an elevation in which all citizens are welcome to enter for a chance to compete for a small , but generous prize."

"Naturally, my judging panel has agreed upon composing a small but crucial list of requirements for entry to make certain that we aren't flooded with poor contestants. It is...rare that we're bothered with such things as it is a crime in my kingdom to mistreat a horse , but there have been some...rather unfortunate circumstances in which an individual has attempted to exploit a noble creature for profit. And of course before such events we will probably hold a mass service in which the church may collect donations for a city relief fund. Wholly optional , of course, though encouraged. The proceeds are to be used to aid some of the military outposts that have been falling into disrepair gradually in the south where we border Serendipity as well as the west over towards La'maari. And of course, the church itself claims a portion of the money to keep their buildings from falling into disrepair and the orphanage functioning to exceptional standards. There is also a consideration for expanding the local academy to accommodate more students which the people seemed in favor of. "

visualspice

"Ah," Vesirk's eyes lit up, although it was almost in mock delight, like the glow of a snake before it were to strike. He lifted his drink to his lips, sipped more down before nodding his head towards the young Duke Shanley.
"And what of a wife? Surely you are considering maintaining your dynasty through the desire of an heir? I know there are quite a lot of suitable young women. I myself am trying to coax my own Duke into considering, though I fear Duke Allarrick is being difficult." He chuckled and sipped more wine. "What about you? Will you suffer the same fate as he? Wait so long to acquire yourself a bride?"
And he stared at Conall most curiously, a wolfish grin plastered across his lips and his eyes never once leaving the younger man's.