Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hey, Mute Kid, BUY MY STUFF. (Clever-Fox)

Started by Brisinger987, October 19, 2013, 08:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Kil'karic had pulled into La'marri early in the morning, and set up his wares exceptionally quickly, having used his strength and wings to help him move things around and set up his tables of wares and random trinkets.

The trinkets and wares included necklaces (stolen or made), books (stolen and bought), random ornaments (stolen and bought) and other meaningless or trivial items. He did have armour, daggers, and other things, and as he flitted about in the afternoon sun, inviting people to look at his wares, he was relatively happy with the sales he made.

An apparently magic book to a normal townsperson for lots. Not that it was really magic.

A supposedly indestructible dagger. Another lie.

A few other legitimate sales to restore any trust in his business, and then he let the sales die down as evening approached. As the sales died down, he tried to press a few more sales by presenting people with items he thought they might like, and evaluating necklaces and jewellery for people, and trying to get cheap buys for expensive jewellery.

Then he spotted a boy with a rather valuable looking necklace, and Kil'karic approached, having had experience that conning children out of items was easy.

"Hey there young lad, how about making some coin for that necklace you got there?"

Klezmer Gryphon

The day had been rather uneventful for Clovis. Buying groceries, waving to the friendly vendors as they sold their wares, and even picking up a new journal for his art and writing. But, these things were normal for him during the summer, away from school, and the constant fights that take place.

Then, he was being stopped by some strange looking bug man, evidently wanting to buy his necklace. If he could have said something, he would have said no. Due to his lack of speech... He chose to write the message instead. Taking out his older  tattered journal, he began writing, only to show the bug man:

QuoteI'm not selling the necklace.

He didn't care for the gold he might get. It was a family heirloom, and he intended for it to stay in the family... Even if the majority of his family disowned him.

Brisinger987

Kil'karic thought it was just childish stubbornness that was making the kid say no, so, he continued to press for a necklace potentially worth a lot.

"Are you sure son? I mean what's the point of keeping it? It really doesn't suit you, and if you let me look at it professionally, I can tell you if it is really worth keeping..." Kil'karic's voice was life lace, soft and warm, and completely contrasted his generally creepy and insectoid nature.

"I mean, it could be worth loads... Just think, to have loads of money..." Kil'karic turned, and pointed to the wide variety of wares on display. "Just choose. You might even be able to have it all.

Klezmer Gryphon

Clovis looked on as the bug showed him the vast amount of wares he had, unimpressed with the merchandise on the table. It was a bunch of junk in his opinion, and not really worth the necklace he was wearing around his neck. So, he showed the same page to the bug. Not that it would do anything.

Free us....

Brisinger987

"If none of this catches your eye then we can make a deal on some coin perhaps? If you come with me, I'll tell you just how much it's worth, and pay you that plus fifteen percent. What do you say?" Kil'karic was pushing a hard sale, but he was trying so desperately to get the necklace that he was thinking of stealing it from the kid. But he would have to come back for his stuff.

"I'm sure I'll find something you want more than that heavy necklace weighing you down, come on, let me have a look at it inside." Kil'karic turned, exposing the vast networks of muscle in all the exposed joints.

Klezmer Gryphon

Clovis looked on, still not convinced that he should sell the necklace. The salesman was being persistent, and that annoyed him. What part about no did this bug not understand?

It didn't matter, though. Taking a look at the bug's turned back, he saw the literal chinks in the armor: muscles on the joints. Without even a second thought, he kicked the guy in the back of his knee, and started running through the market. Free us, Clovis... Again, there was the voice in his head....

Brisinger987

The kick to the back of the knee was unexpected to say the least, and very painful, but he wasn't angry, just more determined. His resolve to finish what was started was now nigh but indestructible. So he picked himself from the dirt, the crowds staring at Clovis and Kil'karic.

Desperate to make that necklace his, he gave chase, ready to shout thief at the first guard he saw. He used his wings to his advantage, flying over the crowds below, and looking for the boy who had run off with a valuable necklace.

He didn't shout for guards just yet. Not until he spotted the boy.

Klezmer Gryphon

And sure enough, the bugger was after him. If Liarri had been in town that day, he probably would have run home; however, she was up north with her friend, and thus unavailable. Not that it mattered...

Hiding was out of the question, as was telling the guards. Who's going to believe the mute kid, seriously?! With that in mind, he continued running, ducking under stalls, weaving in and out of crowds, anything to get away from the bug merchant who wanted his necklace.

Brisinger987

Still not calling for the guards, he flitted after the boy, scouting for him. That necklace HAD to be worth a small fortune if the boy was protecting it like he was. He decided to take full flight, the rapid flicking sound his wings made being quiet but definitely their. He continued to follow the boy, who was causing quite the commotion as people turned to look at the weird boy running from what seemed like nothing, then the giant bug chasing him.

Kil'karic thought of another idea.

He sped up his wings, propelling himself in front of the boy at angles, trying to steer the boy into an alley way of some sort.