Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Exit: LIGHT! Enter: NIGHT! (Wicked Basket)

Started by Brisinger987, November 12, 2013, 01:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

"Ugh, so unromantic. How am I supposed to fall in love if you do this?" She continued to float along effortlessly aided by her shadow. "And everyone does romance. Even if they don't want to."

Temhota floated in from of him going backwards.

"Can I not even get an awkward kiss? Or an intimate moment?" She set up a shadow tendril near his foot, and hoped he would trip and land. In all reality she was trying to amuse herself.

Wicked Basket

Cryce deftly avoided the shadow tendril as he had been watching the ground as he walked. He stopped and looked at Temhota.
"My romance, my intimacy were taken from me," he said barely containing his rage. "All I have left is a frozen heart and a single purpose. Everything else is meaningless and everyone else is expendable. I don't romance and I don't do intimate."
Cryce brushed past Temhota and continued walking.
"Not anymore," he added.

Brisinger987

Temhota just listened as the cryomancer spoke, and then remembered something.

"I still don't know your name? I'm Temhota." She decided that this guy was too serious, and that he wasn't playing game. Maybe if she gave him time. He didn't seem that bad.

"And what happens when you fill that purpose? I thought about that situation once, when I thought I was in it. Then I realised that you don't just die when you finish things up. You actually have to think about it. What are you gonna do when it's all over?" Temhota flexed her wings slightly, not quite feeling their use was adequate.

Wicked Basket

"My name is Cryce," he said accepting that he would be stuck with Temhota.
"I don't care what happens after my purpose is fulfilled. As long as it gets done I can die in peace."

Brisinger987

"Well you're no fun..." Temhota decided to shut up for the rest of the way to the town, feeling rather miffed off that she had subjected herself to this guy until she had made up killing his last lead.

They finally arrived at the town, and Temhota received some odd looks for her wings, so she stuck her tongue out at the townspeople.

Wicked Basket

Cryce looked around the town for any shady individuals. Temhota was recieving some pretty weird looks from the townspeople, but that shouldn't affect the search too much. Cryce had done this enough times to know exactly where to go, the tavern. Every town, regardless of size, had to have one of some kind. As soon as he found it he stepped inside and examined the patrons. He would know what he was looking for when he found it.

Brisinger987

"Where are we going? If that guy keeps eyeing me up like that I'm gonna break his fhecking kneecaps off and feed them to him..." The smile on the guy's face gave away his wrongful intent.

"Give me a minute, go on to the inn or tavern or whatever this town has. I need to deal with this guy." She ducked into an alleyway, which was as shaded and dark as some caves were. It was where she had ultimate power. No-one was stronger than her here.

After about ten minutes, she had the guy against the wall, three shadow beings waiting to rip him to pieces, and Temhota was snarling, her red eye glowing at the guy who had tried to violate her personal space. And mug her.

"Know anything about local bandits? My friend was looking for them, and I might let you live if you tell me." Temhota made an aggressive scratch down his chest, drawing blood and making the guy yell.

After a few minutes of torture, the man gave up that there were three groups of bandits working in tandem, all part of a larger group. So there were two groups of bandits now. Good.

"Sick him, boys." The shadow creatures were left with their new prey thing, and Temhota prettied herself up before going off to find the tavern.

Wicked Basket

Cryce did not care where Temhota went, he had business to attend to. He took a seat at the bar and ordered a drink. He didn't drink any of it though, he was just trying to act natural. No sooner had his drink arrived when a trio of burly thugs entered the tavern and approached.
"That's my seat," the biggest one warned.
"When I'm done here it's all yours," Cryce replied calmly.
"It's mine now," the man roared and grabbed on to Cryce's shoulder to throw him from the barstool. The thug froze solid as soon as his hand touched Cryce's shoulder. Cryce reached back and nudged the frozen man and he fell to the floor and broke apart. The other two looked down at their shattered boss wide-eyed and speechless.
"Tell me," Cryce began, "what do you two know of any crime organizations around here?"

Brisinger987

Temhota got the bar just in time to see the ice pieces finish melting.

She decided that she would terrify the guys by picking them up by their legs, hanging them upside down.

"Now are you boys telling the nice man what he wants to know? Cause I'm ready to kill you any second..." Her red eye glowed with unholy passion for pain, and it was clear that she had undergone a nasty mood swing.

"I'm not in the mood for codes or games either. If it's not straight up common, I start cutting things off."

Wicked Basket

Cryce sighed as Temhota barged in on his interrogation.
"You don't threaten them until after they refuse to tell you nicely what they know," Cryce said matter-of-factly. "All you've done now is scare them beyond recognition. That one even pissed himself."
Cyrce indicated a wet spot forming on one of the men's pants.
"Just put them down with the other guy," Cryce told her indicating the the remains of the first thug. "The authorities are bound to show up any second now and a bunch of wanted posters with our faces on them won't help our cause, and neither will witnesses."

Brisinger987

"Oh I can sort that out." Temhota's purple eye glowed brightly as she used a small bit of charm magic on the dangling men.

"You don't wanna remember this do you? I didn't think so." The glow switched eye back to her red eye, and she smashed their heads together, knocking them out.

"That buys us some time at least." Temhota smiled, her eye still going.

"Let's go, before I smash some random person's head against the cobbles outside." Temhota went outside and found a guard outside, shaking quite violently as he pointed a sword at her.

"Demon creature! Leave us be!" Temhota grinned.

"You didn't just call me that... You did, ok." She picked the guard up single handedly, and violently beat him to death with his own shadow.

"Human scum..."

Wicked Basket

"You're such a charmer," Cryce said, his voice practically oozing sarcasm. "You ask for romance and then maim the nearest innocent. I find it hard to believe you're still single."
Cryce was very aware of his surroundings. He didn't want anyone or anything to be following them. Nothing could jeopardize his mission. Although it did seem that Temhota was borderline doing just that. As long as she didn't do anything too outrageous everything should go smoothly.

Brisinger987

Temhota turned, almost about to spear the guy with his own shadow. Then she turned away and got a bird instead. She'd had a mood swing and this guy had been sarcastic. She liked that. And that soothed her a bit.

"Don't sass me. I'll tie you to a tree and whip you with the shadow of my hair." She threatened casually. She couldn't personally tell if she was joking, but if she wasn't, he would find out.

"So keep pushing."

Wicked Basket

"I don't threaten," Cryce replied casually. "I could care less whether or not you whip me. Besides, physical pain might be a nice change of pace from the usual pain I suffer."
Cryce felt as though he kept saying and revealing to much to this creature. She seemed demonic and yet angelic at the same time. He honestly didn't believe she would harm him though. He had done nothing to her, and she had killed the man who could have brought him that much closer to vengeance. Cryce's gaze did not waver as he waited for Temhota's response.

Brisinger987

((OOC: Hey, you want me to PM you instructions on how to make your characters into links?))

Temhota gave him a serious look and then smiled grimly.

"That's sass in my eyes." The shadow of her hair seemed to evaporate and then solidify in her hand, in the shape of a long lash whip.

"You better start running." Temhota took a few steps forward, tendrils rising from the ground, waving and pointing their tips in Cryce's direction. The devilish smile was still on her face, and she seemed deadly serious.

In reality, she was in hysterics.

Wicked Basket

(OOC That would be really awesome.)

"I don't run," Cryce said getting into a ready stance. "It didn't work before and it probably won't now. I've seen what you can do."
Cryce was really calling her bluff on this one. She also had an advantage as the day grew darker. However, Cryce would fight back if she did end up attacking, play or not. He wasn't afraid of anything anymore. He had nothing to lose anyway.

Brisinger987

"You better. Cause I'm feeling sinful..." Her violet eye slowly changed colour, turning red like the other eye, and it was clear that she wasn't feeling humane. More demonic.

She summoned several shadow beings, naked women made of shadow. About 10 of them, and ordered them to surround him.

"Now you can't hurt something like a shadow. Even with ice. It's not solid sweetheart. Why don't you just give up before you embarrass yourself? I might even show some mercy and service you for a bit... Might." Temhota cracked the whip, and grinned.

Wicked Basket

"A tempting offer," Cryce said coldly, "but I had something else in mind."
The air around them began to gradually grow colder. It grew colder, and colder, and colder. Soon frost began to form on the grass, Temhota's wings, and their clothes. The temperature quickly reached below freezing, and then kept going. While the cold had no effect on Cryce thanks to his skill in cryomancer, Temhota had no escape and would quickly begin freezing to death. The frost on the ground quickly bound her feet and began creeping up her legs for an even stronger hold.
"Shadows may not freeze," Cryce said, "but you do.Perhaps this will cool off that temper."

Brisinger987

Temhota looked down at her legs, and gave a vicious tug using her full strength. And it wasn't budging.

"Very funny. Now let me out." She laughed, amused by the sudden reversal. A few seconds more of this freezing and she would have to kill him when she got out of it though. She was really not pleased actually.

She felt dually, that this was cute, funny and playful. And that Cryce would die a horrible, painful death.

"Come on, let me out..." The shadow people dissolved and so did the tendrils. There was no imminent threat. Except her of course.

Wicked Basket

"Subzero temperatures and yet you can still speak. Impressive."
The temperature immediately returned to normal and the frost on her legs receded. He kept a watchful eye on her to watch for any tricks.
"If you are quite finished then perhaps we can move on," he said to Temhota. "And next time you make me do that I just want you to know that I can make the temperature drop much faster than I just did."
Satisfied with his warning Cryce resumed walking. It was getting darker and darker outside. He would eventually have to stop and rest, but he wasn't sure he could trust Temhota. She was very unstable.