Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

GEN GAME INFO AND Q&A

Started by Tally, December 30, 2013, 12:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

November

Huh. Cool.
I'm so freaking inactive though, so while I would shout BELLE AND NOVEMBER from the high roof tops, I've made 50 odd posts in, what, 6 months, so that wouldn't even be a thing that would happen.

I'd love to help even in rough concept art though, simply because I want to take Games Art and Design at Uni so it would help it beef up my portfolio for my 'imminent' interview. I really do need to be told what to draw and have a time limit and you know, stuff that would be relevant (and it's an excuse for people to get free character art so YUP).

I'm always a bit iffy about these kinds of projects simply because I've seen loads come and slowly kinda vanish, which is sad, but I'm throwing a coin in anyway because it's a fun little thing XD

Winters-Feather

OOooh man I'm so in on this <3

Looshi

Is that.... Is that RPGMaker? Omg it is.

I fully support this as someone who also makes games with it, and has done so for many years over the different versions of the program. It's such a fantastic tool.

I wish you all the luck!

Brisinger987

*sees that is on the active posters/players list*
*fangirl squeal*

I COULD HAVE MY CHARACTERS IN A VIDEO GAME IF I'M LUCKY! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

My demon invasion could work... IT COULD BE IN THE GAME!

*second fangirl squeal*

Tally

MORE ANSWERS

Quote from: zozee9 on December 30, 2013, 01:45:52 AMBut actually, what is this?
And RPG video game, based on the world of SotE, in which ppl can have their characters be NPCs!

Quote from: zozee9 on December 30, 2013, 09:54:48 AM
... what about wanderers?
I will let you know in each individual sign up what kind of characters I'm looking for. (:  Sometimes I will need wanderers!  For this first one, at least for the initial batch of characters, it'll probably be mostly Essyrni people living in Essyrn.

Quote from: Painterlee on December 30, 2013, 09:57:13 AM
Huh. Cool.
I'm so freaking inactive though, so while I would shout BELLE AND NOVEMBER from the high roof tops, I've made 50 odd posts in, what, 6 months, so that wouldn't even be a thing that would happen.
It could!  We have a lot of areas with very few characters.  If you were to have any characters in those places, you'd have a really good shot at getting them in the game!

Quote from: Painterlee on December 30, 2013, 09:57:13 AM
I'd love to help even in rough concept art though, simply because I want to take Games Art and Design at Uni so it would help it beef up my portfolio for my 'imminent' interview.
Keep watch of this forum! (8  I will place any calls for artwork and help right here!

Quote from: Looshi on December 30, 2013, 11:52:10 AM
Is that.... Is that RPGMaker? Omg it is.
It isssssss.  I'd been aware of the software for some time, but figured it was just for dinky little games that didn't look very good.  Picked up VX Ace during a Steam sale for a ridiculous price, and was totally floored by how powerful and versatile it is!  o__o  People have really made some gorgeous games with this thing!

zozee9

This is gonna be so amazing. *_* Tally, I have officially removed Lion from the position of God. Now it's you. Which makes more sense anyway. Honestly idk why it was Lion. You are the God and Rhi is the Goddess. And yes, your power exceeds gender.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Tak

I can do some sprite-work if you want.

DEMON INVASION!

Lion

This is a fantastic idea!  Though, I wouldn't even know who to pick!  Still, I shall ponder that while you amazing people work on this even more amazing idea!

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Tak

Quote from: Tak on December 31, 2013, 12:18:39 AM
I can do some sprite-work if you want.

DEMON INVASION!

Oh! And Don't forget to make DA SUPAPOWAHD KITTEHS an easter egg!

Zane

Question: will the main character be joining the SotE forum canon? That way we may all poke and prod him/her at our own pleasure and at the pleasure of their writer?

Brisinger987

I echo Zane's question. I think actually threading two characters (NPC and Main) to see how the interact would give great insight on how they would truly interact. So, for example an in game quest and a thread on sight would both follow the same plot:

QuoteNPC Kirnardaz gives quest: "Main Character, fetch this item for me or your companion will die."

Main character gets item.

Main Character returns to fetch companion.

Kirnardaz betrays Main Character.

Fight/boss-battle.

Win/lose and consequences.

I think actually threading this general plot out would make it so much more real if it were to be scripted, as we could truly see how the two characters mesh.

(By the way, this was an example I created for the sake of the question and idea I presented, and while I would LOVE to see Kirnardaz in the game, this is just an example)

Zane

That is actually an amazing idea. And if the person who is threading with the main character drops the thread or doesn't continue thread then it just doesn't go into the game. Excellent idea!

visualspice

I dunno guys XD
then they'd NEVER finish the game loool
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zane

Well there has to be a clear ending to the thread just like missions in a game have clear endings

Zane

Sorry for the double post. Buuuuuut, we could offer dlc or updates with new missions and enemies and so forth. Essentially the game could evolve as the forum does. In theory anyway. Never worked with the RPG maker program

visualspice

You can have clear endings without the thread. You'd just have to preplot things with the game writers (aka- Tally and Rhi) ^_^
(which, trust me, would go faster for production purposes XD )
THough I'm not sure they offered open story slots for us to add to- so far it's just npc slots. So I'm sure when Tally is online next she can enlighten us on how in-depth these npcs are intended to be. ^_^
SO exciting though, ain't it? :D
Tally and Rhi = the best X3
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Brisinger987

Major plot sites like the Connlaothian Civil War could become DLC stories! They could open up new areas of the map, new characters, quests, all that sort of stuff! Of course, like Zane said, it would be based around whether the program supports it, or whether it is possible.

That is a good idea Zane, and thank you for advancing my idea a fair amount.

But like I say, even if we didn't get a complete thread, just post until we feel we have an idea of what the Main Character and the NPC would be like during interaction. I mean, there's no need to literally thread out every line of dialogue, just enough that Tally and Rhi can get an idea of how two characters would really interact.

visualspice

yeah the thread is a good idea XD I'm just saying I wouldn't want to hold rhi and tally back if a thread becomes sluggish to see how characters mesh- but mini-threads for that purpose would be fun XD but I know what you guys mean. Lots of stuff to think about! We'll just have to see what the almighties come up with in what time allows ^_^

zozee9

I have to second spicy on this one. While it's a good idea in theory, I doubt it would work very well in practice. Plus, I think the amazing Rhi and Tally are good enough writers to understand how these conversations would go. XD It's not like they created this site for nothing.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

Plus they have been TEASING us with TEASERS D:

I'm just as eager as the rest but I'm just patiently waiting to see what the awesome ones will reveal next time XD
<3

But I'm excite bikes

I kinda want to try rpg maker- so now I have two ppl I might be able to pester who will be working with it incase I have questions if I ever decide to buy it and do something XD
*so greedy*