Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Oh, My Goddess!!!

Started by visualspice, January 03, 2014, 05:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Layana only laughed.
"Then say I win and I am the best!" she went on, proudly puffing out her chest.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

"Yeah, and how are you going to make me? I don't concede to cheaters!" he countered, before realizing...

... she had the most powerful torture apparatuses available: her cold feet.

visualspice

And by the devil's grin on her face, it was evident she had no qualms in using them. And she could have laughed, perhaps she did- but the moment was interrupted by the sudden violent shaking of the land, sending her yelping, face first, into Jocelyn.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

It really was all a blur to Jocelyn, first unsuccessfully fending off her cold toes, then finding that he face had basically dropped on top of his. He didn't mind at first, considering their lips pressed together once more.

But this time, something was wrong. When the first tremor occurred he instantly sat up, eyes widened. A distant rumbling outside nearly deafened him, but not loud enough to drown out the screams outside as villagers rushed out of their tents in fear.

In the distance, a frightening red-orange glow lit up the night sky.

visualspice

The rumbling...
Her head jerked up, and she could hear the mountain awaken with a sharp crack and grumble of life. It made her heart leap into her throat. She tensed and suddenly jerked away from Jocelyn.

"Oh no.." But even on her feet she was unsteady, for the ground trembled a second time and she was barely able to stay upright as her hands found the dirt.
"The mountain...."

And elsewhere, someone finished Layana's thoughts.

"The mountain- She awakes!"

Cambie

Jocelyn stumbled to his feet and led Layana out of the tent by hand, only to be greeted by a night sky flamed with a blinding orange-yellow glow in the distance. He wasn't prepared for the brightness of it and cowered slightly from the light, shielding his eyes with a free hand.

All around them villagers ran around crying in awe -- "The Mountain awakes!" In the distance, the orange glow just illuminated a massive pillar of black smoke trailing up into the sky and obscuring the moon above, as the volcano on the next island erupted again, sending a spurt of lava and dust high into the air.

As ash began to rain down on the village, Jocelyn instinctively pulled Layana closer to him. But it was a reflex action, for his attention was turned elsewhere.

He could sense some sort of magic at work, something that was directly causing the mountain to angrily roar in the distance.

And it came from the direction of the bears.

visualspice

She could hear the cries of her people, the explosive roar of the volcano, and the heavy breathing ofJocelyn.
"J-Jocelyn... I can't see. The cloth... Where did we.put the seeing cloth?"

Cambie

Jocelyn had to peel his eyes away from the erupting volcano to rush back into her tent. Though it was dark, the unmistakable magical essence of the cloth glowed to him, and he snatched it up from under the covers.

Clumsily handing it to Layana, he pulled her by the hand again, this time in the opposite direction.

"I... I think the bears are awake," he said as they rushed through the village, "and I think they're causing the eruption!"

visualspice

As they ran, Layana stumbled but managed to keep up. But the moment Jocelyn's theory came out, she gasped and stomped her feet into the sands to stop him.
"Wait- what!? The wish bears?"

Cambie

Jocelyn nodded as they dashed between tents and people, through the falling ash toward the beach where the last wish bear had been left.

"I can't explain it... but I can feel them awoken! It must be them."

As they burst through the tree line and onto the beach, there was the wish bear, eyes lit... and floating.

"Took you long enough," it said, facing them.

visualspice

"What? What do you mean by feel?" But the wish bear appeared, and Layana froze.
"Wh.. wh.. were you following us?" Layana found herself asking, her voice shrill as the ground continued to shake.

Cambie

The bear's eyes seemed to glow more brightly with every eruption of the volcano, and seemed to dim every time the great mountain took a moment to rest.

"Of course," the bear said, sounding maybe a little bit annoyed. "Your wishmaking has awoken Kau'lano, and now he calls to us. You must bring us to him."

visualspice

Layana wasn't sure what to make of all of this, but the idea of going anywhere near the mountain..

"Wait.. you want us to take you to the mountain?" She could have flailed, maybe she did! Shaking her head, she went on. "I know I'm the blind one here, but I'm sure those eyes of yours can see the mountain is anything but happy. It's too dangerous to go up there! We'd be killed!"

Cambie

"It's the only way to reverse Ta'nuh-ku's wish," the bear said in a flat voice, which caused Jocelyn's jaw to drop.

"What, what do you mean?"

"Is it not your desire to reverse Ta'nuh-ku's work? For her to see again? You must bring us to the fire mountain."

visualspice

Layana felt her chest tighten at the words as she grit her teeth and dared to take a step forward.
"And when we bring you there?" she asked, a volcanic wind rustling through her hair. "Will all of this stop? Or are there anymore tricks you'd play?"

The bear remained hoovering before them before it's eyes flashed as it spoke again.
"Ta'nuh-ku can only listen and oblige commands. The mountain..."
And off int he distance the volcano rumbled and shook the ground again.
"It calls. It waits."

Layana felt her heart thumping like a hammer inside her ears as she turned to Jocelyn and took his hand and gave it a squeeze. To the mountain? But it threaten to erupt...
and Layana knew perfectly well the dangers as she remained silent, gritting her teeth.

Cambie

Jocelyn exchanged glances with Layana, then looked back to the bear. It still hovered in the air, silently and unwavering like a balloon. Cautiously stepping forward while balancing on the still-shaking ground, he gave the bear a slight nudge. It moved as if weightless.

"At least it'll be easier dragging him around,"
Jocelyn said with a frown. "I think we can get all of this fixed!"

Of course, 'all' included the erupting volcano now. Wide-eyed, he said, "Let's make sure your village is okay first!"

visualspice

Layana looked towards the village, then back towards the bear. She winced. They probably should check on the village. Though she could not see anything, she could certainly hear the chaos, and see the movement through the enchanted scarf.

"I... I am not sure we should wait..." Layana went on, nervously.

The wish bear's eyes glowed a little brighter.

"There is no time to spare."

Looking over at Jocelyn, she knew it was now or never.

"Then to the mountain we will go."

Cambie

Jocelyn swallowed down his nervousness, but nodded his head. The bear was still floating like a balloon, so he grabbed onto one of its ears and started pulling it along.

"Which way?" he asked, before looking over his shoulder. Layana's little boat, the one in which they had sat for three long days, was conveniently beached. "Should we just take the boat?"

visualspice

Layana chewed on her lip, but nodded. It would be the fastest route, since this side of the island offered travel only by land, and land that was rocky and steep. Granted, they'd have to scale the volcano anyway, but to go by sea would get them closer and she knew where the best trails were for travel.

Moving numbly forward, she got into the boat and didn't look to Jocelyn. Though her foot falls were clumsy, she was doing alright for her temporary blinded state. Or... at least she hoped it was temporary. And as much as she felt guilty she'd take away Jocelyn's eye sight the moment this was fixed, part of her would be relieved not to be stuck this way- forever.

Cambie

Jocelyn hopped into the boat after her. Taking up the small length of rope left by the other villagers to tie off the boat, he secured the floating bear to the little craft. It remained hovering in midair, like a balloon trying to float away.

With a deep breath, he picked up the paddle and dipped it into the wet sand, pushing them out into the sea.