Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Books Are All the Rage

Started by visualspice, January 30, 2014, 03:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Why of course I've been. I wouldn't trust my servants to fetch me some. Besides, I like to sample the new flavors when they come in. Autumn time offers a rare variety of chocolates. We should come back here again so you can see."
And her flashed her a devilish grin- seeming to be quite happy with his idea to reserve her for a future date.

But as she leaned in closer, he tried not to act rigid, but he was. He wasn't used to having a woman he actually wanted on his arm and well- at her notion, he couldn't help but grin again.
"Aye, but when you're in such a position, you have no choice. But I find it easier to just plain ignore it. I've been burned too many times letting others get close. Our positions in the world thrive among cut throats- though I'm sure you've seen your fair share?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

zozee9

Illi's smile mimicked Davishire's own as she replied, "Oooo and again for the winter flavors! I heard that they were simply sublime." She even winked at him playfully before moving on to the darker subject.

"To be honest, I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'cut throats'," she replied. If he was referring to political betrayal and falseness, as her current assumption was, she knew little of the matter. Illi knew that her mother in particular was in favor of using people for power. But she stopped paying attention to her and the other political rumors long ago, instead favoring the drama in books.

"However, it does seem like you're letting me get close!" Illi exclaimed, hoping to lighten up the mood. For the sake of fun—and, she realized with a start, perhaps even a little bit of desire—Illi took another step closer to the rigid man. "Are you not afraid of me hurting you, the strong and ferocious woman that I am?"
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

Davishire's eyes widened a bit more before he narrowed them at her with a smirk and shook his head.
"You've already done enough damage, I'm afraid. But it's damage that's welcome." His grin became more toothy as he looked her over. "Though I dare say ferocious is not a word I'd use to describe you."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

zozee9

Illi paused, wondering if maybe she was going too far. Unlike the previous night, she knew very well that she was flirting with Davishire. And she understood that her family would not appreciate such things. But after a restless night full of many thoughts, she also realized that she might have started to gain feelings for this strange man... and in such little time. And that, just maybe, she had met her prince at the ball after all. He just wasn't the kind of charming and sociable prince she had been expecting. Even still, the butterflies in her stomach and the pull at her heart spoke the truth.

"So then," Illi started with an innocent smile, "what word would you use to describe me?"
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

"Well, I er.." Davishire's expression grew sheepish as he lowered his gaze. "Why, I'd only ever think to describe you as Miss Illi." Though other words came to mind, Davishire held them back on his tongue. He, lke herself, was afraid of over stepping his bounds- and with such a position he was in- he had to be quite careful. He also did not wish to offend her, though, at least for now, it seemed he was doing a good job of avoiding that!

zozee9

Well that was rather anticlimactic. It seemed like Davishire was done playing around which, considering they were almost at the store, was probably for the best. After all, it would be hard to focus on the chocolates if his words were ringing through her head. If he had said something like "smart" or "beautiful" or even "interesting", well, Illi would not be able to forget it! Even still, his sheepish look was more than enough to pinken her cheeks. To think that she, a plain girl of little standing, could make Lord Davishire grow sheepish was quite something!

Her smile widening, Illi happily replied, "Then you must be Lord Davishire. Ah, but as I said yesterday, that sounds awfully stuffy! So simply Davishire. Unless you have a nickname you'd prefer?"

visualspice

Davishire scoffed. "I'm not a man of nicknames, no." And the very idea elicited a frown.

zozee9

Illi was tempted to respond with various nicknames that he was sure to hate... but then she realized that might sour his mood once again. So instead she kept her words sweet and harmless. "Okay, just Davishire and my King then! Though perhaps it's strange to call you a king in a country of Dukes and Lords."

Illi let less than a moment of silence pass before she started speaking again. "So, Davishire, how about you tell me about yourself. Do you have any pets?"

visualspice

At the mention of him being  a king, however, he found himself smiling towards her.
"Ah, but I think a King suits me, don't you agree? Especially one of the wolves," he nearly purred. And guiding her along, his long strides didn't take him long before the pair were infront of the Chocolatiers. At her question however, he shook his head.

"Nothing aside from a few Connlaothian trackers. But those, my mother refuses to let in the house. And we have a few cats in the stables."

Opening the door, he gestured for her to enter first.
"Ladies first."

zozee9

Illi, with wide eyes and an open jaw, stood right in front of the entrance to the Chocolatiers. She hardly seemed to notice that she was blocking the path as she stared up at him. Her open mouth slowly transformed into a wide smile.

With incomparable enthusiasm, Illi replied, "Trackers?! Does that mean you hunt? Oh please, say you'll take me hunting!" It wasn't a lady's sport, but she didn't care. The thrill of the hunt always seemed so incredible in books. What a dream it would be to experience it herself!

visualspice

Davishire nearly tripped over her as he stumbled to a halt in the door frame.
"Er...?" he blinked down at her and her sparkling green eyes.
"You.. you want to go hunting?" And for the life of him, he could not help but laugh!

zozee9

Illi nodded frantically, unwilling to let her spirit be beaten down by his laughter. "Yes! I promise I won't bother you. I can just follow behind, stealthy as a snake!" She paused and frowned. "That was a terrible simile. Give me a second... I can be as stealthy as a kit, learning to chase down its prey for the first time! That's a little better." And more accurate. Any animal learning to hunt for its first time would surely make a racket... but such thoughts didn't pass through Illi's head as her hopeful self kept staring up at Davishire.

visualspice

Davishire shook his head. What a crazy notion indeed!
"I'm afraid the guns I use might knock you off your feet, Miss Illi. Perhaps we can discuss this at another time." And he gestured forward. "We're consuming the doorway, and there are many chocolates for us to see."
And smell, as the scents drifted out around them and were so tantalizing it made his stomach rumble fiercely.

zozee9

Illi cocked her head to the side, confused. She hadn't asked to actually use the guns... she just wanted to watch him! Even still, she sensed it wasn't the right place or time to argue about it. Maybe she could get one of her brothers to bring her, instead.

Finally noticing that they were, indeed, blocking the path in and out of the Chocolatiers, Illi gasped and quickly scurried inside. Her eyes were filled with stars as she gazed around the place. There was so much chocolate!

"It's wonderful!" Illi exclaimed with a clap of her hands. "Truly, I've never seen anything like it before!"

visualspice

Davishire was delighted she was gushing, and his own eyes sparkled for it as his chest swelled with pride.
"Take all the time you need to look," he said, sweeping a hand towards the glass cases consuming the store front. "And feel free to ask for a sample. I'll buy several dozen of which ever type you like."

zozee9

"I couldn't!" Illi quickly responded. "If you're buying, then surely you should choose the chocolate!" She paused before sheepishly adding, "Though... I would love something with raspberries... if you wouldn't mind." A light blush spread across her cheeks. Illi wasn't used to asking for things from anyone—especially anyone outside her family—but the thought of chocolate and raspberries together was mouthwatering.

visualspice

Davishire had his hands clasped behind his back hunched over her now as well, and he positively looked like a devil. A handsome devil, or perhaps something resembling that of a wolf. It was then the man who owned the shop came around and Davishire lifted his gaze with a sparkle to his eyes.

"Might I help you?"

"A dozen with raspberries."

"The ones with or without the cream?"

"We'll take a dozen of each."

zozee9

Illi stared at Davishire, clearly in deep thought. Her appearance wasn't at all phased by the ordering of the chocolate, but a few moments later she gasped and said, "I know! For the next masquerade party, you should go as a devil and I could go as an angel! I've always wanted to dress up as an angel!" She spent a couple more seconds imagining herself as an angel before what she had just implied processed in her head.

Her face quickly flushed into a bright red and she spouted words as quickly as she could, "Oh, I mean, that is, not like we'd be going to the next masquerade party together or anything. It was just a passing thought. Unless you wanted to, but of course not. Um, just ignore everything I just said." Now completely out of breath, Illi was forced to pause to breath. Regrouping her thoughts, she sighed in defeat and finished, "That is, thank you for the chocolates."

visualspice

Davishire's face went long at her sudden out burst. But once he realized what she meant, he gave the young woman a smirk.
"Yes, I'm sure everyone would presume you to be the angel among us," he mused, and took the chocolates beneath his arm as they were presented to them as he gave a half-cocked grin now to her. "So now that we've got you your chocolates, my angel, shall we get some devil's food as well? I heard they have some exquisite candied pinafores."

zozee9

Davishire's smile to her did nothing to quell the redness of Illi's face. The more time she spent with him, the more attractive that clever little grin looked. She just resembled a fool with her red face and drab clothing.

Even still, Illi kept talking with a big smile. "Oh yes, my devil, candied pinafores sound delightful! And then we go to the gun show? Ah, but you know—I could always be the devil and you the angel... in fact, I think people would find that rather amusing!"