Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Laughter Is Supposed To Be Infectious... (Archmage's Owl)

Started by Brisinger987, February 02, 2014, 02:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Halford wandered the village, happily interacting with other social outcasts, other mages and other elves and the likes, happily going about his business.

There was a strange illness going round, which seemed to culminate in different symptoms in everyone, and he had tasked himself with speeding up the healing process of those who were in need. He followed some doctors around, healing those who weren't severe.

He had visited most of the town, conversing casually with elves and humans alike as he shadowed the doctors, keen to interact and be sociable.

Then the doctors approached the gryphon.

"Good day to you sir, there is a sickness in this town, and we have arrived to treat it. The symptoms are random, and as such, we must do a thorough inspection of all residents." The older looking elf was obviously in charge, and took out a metal item, shaped like a lolly pop stick.

"Say 'Aaaaahhh'."

Klezmer Gryphon

Haluk strolled down the streets of La'Marri, laughing softly to himself. Always the prankster, he enjoyed pulling gags and jokes on people, and some of his favorite victims were doctors. And  today just happened to be his lucky day. A couple of old elven doctors were walking around town, checking for signs of some strange, random illness they said was going around.... Not that he cared.

He was just about home when the doctors approached him. The young gryphon ruffled his feathers while they explained on and on about this disease. Then, one of them pulled out a small metal stick. Say 'aaaah' he requested.

"Aaaaaaah" Haluk opened his beak, and quietly let the doctor prod around for signs of illness... Then he decided to have a little fun with these doctors.

With a slight cough, he let his tongue glow a shade of green. The screams of horrified doctors running like little girls followed soon after, leaving Haluk rolling around, laughing his ass off. Truly, they were the easiest way to find a few laughs.

Brisinger987

Halford thought everything was going well until he saw the green tongue. He yelled, stumbling backwards and falling on his arse.

"Lords above! What the hell?!" Halford panicked, instinctively drawing his sword, but placing it back when he realised it was a prank.

"By the Dark Gods, what the hell is wrong with you boy? Scared the life out of me..." Halford stood, looking slightly annoyed with Haluk. No. Very annoyed with Haluk.

The rest of the doctors bolted, not seeing that it was a prank, and trying to avoid the scary Gryphon, while Halford, his Dark Elf nature giving him more fighting spirit, decided to argue the point of whether it was funny to prank a doctor.

Klezmer Gryphon

Haluk finally stopped laughing after a few moments, his laughter fading to a few chuckles as he got up to address the one guy who didn't leave.

"Oh, there's nothing wrong with me. I just wanted a good bit of fun." He said, looking again down the street where the doctors had run. They would almost certainly tell the guards, or maybe one of the other townspeople about the gryphon with the green tongue. The townsfolk would only laugh and say they got pranked.

With a smile, he began trotting down the street, almost ignoring the dark elf that was questioning him. Before the gryphon got too far, though, he turned around and motioned for him to follow.

Brisinger987

"That was not a bit of fun, that was terrifying. What sort of gryphon are you?!" Halford demanded answers, breaking into a short jog to catch up to the gryphon. He hadn't paid any attention to the thought that this could be another prank.

"You scared 3 experienced doctors away, and they're no doubt half way to Zantaric by now!" Halford was more scolding the boy more than anything, thinking that it was rather rude that the boy had blanked him as well.

"Are you even listening? And you have to give me your bloody name, as well? How do you think that was fun for us?"

Klezmer Gryphon

"Come on, learn to have a sense of humor." Haluk sighed, rolling his eyes as the elf caught up with him. It ruffled his feathers a little that he was asking all these questions, but he wouldn't let it get to him. He sat down and thought for a moment.

"My name is Haluk. Now, if you don't mind, I have other things to do..." He said, and got up to walk away. He was annoyed with the elf. Dark elves.... Always killjoys, aren't they?

Brisinger987

Halford was slightly taken aback by the comment about his sense of humour.

"I have a sense of humour! Where's you proof that I don't?" Halford challenged the gryphon, not willing to stand for this gryphon showing him up.

I'm not gonna stand for some bird freak insulting me... I won't.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Oh, sure you do... " he chimed, looking back just for a quick second with a mischievous smile spread across his beak. A dark elf with a sense of humor... How quaint... Haluk was beginning to have second thoughts about thinking this elf an annoyance.

Brisinger987

"Fine. Let me prove that I have a sense of humour. I'll show you that I do." Halford said without thinking, remembering he didn't actually have a good sense of humour, and was quite depressing as Elves came. Maybe that came with age, or just simply loss.