Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stealing Hearts (M)

Started by visualspice, February 15, 2014, 06:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Aurora blinked. Did he just... give back her enchanted soul dust viewing spectacles?
This called for a second round of blinking!

Not wasting a beat, she plucked them up and eyed him warily, though as he went on to call her out, it was hard for her to keep back the sour grin from curling across her lips.

"You could say that. But I'm sorry... I don't think I've ever heard of the one, jewel eyed wonder thief. But with the types of entrances you create... you'd think everyone might have heard and would try to avoid you."

And on his last comment...
"And trust me.. we're not after the same treasures."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

He noticed she carefully did not give her name. But that she didn't deny who she was, told him much more.  He turned and grinned at her.  "This jewel is the greatest treasure of all.  If you had it, you could get anything you wanted." He sniffed a laugh and eyes her form a moment, admiring her curves.

"What treasure are you seeking?  Can't just get off on the dust can you...?  Or is it?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Well, if anything he was as much of a man as all the rest. Seeing him admire her curves and go on about his ego... well, it at least reminded her she had some leverage here.

"I'm sure all men think their jewels are the greatest treasure," she retorted playfully, but just as equally cutting. And as he made his last remark, she simply gave a roll of her eyes. "A woman never gives her secrets on the first date. And let's just say... perhaps I like things a little.. rustic? Over things that are a bit... shiny and superfluous?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Then it is the dust," he said, satisfied with that answer.  He grinned a bit, wondering if she really thought she was being as clever as she believed herself to be.  It seemed more than likely. Women that had that much hair had brains hidden underneath it somewhere.

"And what does the dust give you?" He looked over the leather sheet of the map and the sand it bore shine in small precious sparkles.  "Do they make you feel less empty inside?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

OOC: fyi- he can't see the dust unless he is using the spectacles he just gave back to Aurora XD
it's why she has them on her. She can't tell if something has dust other wise! Though we already know where the 'dust' is located, it still wouldn't have a visual property unless, yeah, seen through the synthetically enchanted lenses lol

----------

Aurora sighed. This man was quite frustrating. He knew not what he spoke of, yet he was aiming closer than she'd like.

"What does dust give anyone? It's just something that needs cleaned up. Perhaps it's just a woman's intuition. Maybe I just like cleaning."

A lame reply, but she was really not in her best state of mind. Her head was still pounding, after all.

Lion

[There could just be traces of plain ol sand left from the excavation that he can see with his jeweled eye maybe XD But fiiiine]

Adaron frowned when he found it was nothing more than it seemed.  "A typical answer from a woman with nothing to aim for.  Why the dodging?  Perhaps you'll find all the dust you need if you were honest with me.  Besides, no woman loves to clean."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Aurora kept her gaze scrutinizing as she looked at him.

"And you give a typical answer and typical request for those who haven't the decency to mind their own business. You've already got your map. What bloody more do you want from me?"

Yeah, her head was killing her, and her mood, not fairing much better for it.

"And who says cleaning has to be a chore? Some see it as an adventure," she retorted, giving him a mean grin while nursing the side of her bruised skull.

Lion

"I hope that's not the only adventure you like," he replied without missing a brat. Finally he stood and pocketed the map.  Indeed, he did have what he came for and now it was time to make it his permanently.  "I'll be on my way, but I'm offering you an opportunity.  Call it an adventure if you will.  We work together to find the real Heart, follow this map, and we each get what we want..."

Adaron moved to throw his coat over his powerful shoulders and gestured to her clothes.  "Or I can simply leave and we never see each other again, except perhaps in passing and that'll be the end of this."  He grinned smartly at her and departed the room, saying as he left, "Let me know if you change your mind."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Oh, what a look she cast him upon his retreat! However, she was mostly soured because normally she was the one in his shoes. Flirting and being so causal and cool-
Yes... she decided she did not like this man, not at all. And whatever the reason he saved her, it was probably best to leave that in the dust-

Well, not the dust she sought, but the dust everyone cast aside. Yes! That's what she'd see him as!
Dust.

Though curiously enough, as he was leaving, she lifted up her spectacles at his retreating form to see if there wasn't something she could detect, she gasped, dropping the spectacles on her lap.

The man...
There was something on his person...
And it was overflowing with soul dust!

Lion

And the door slammed shut, and Adaron sped down the alley from where the tavern was nestled.  He would need a few things for his journey for he knew he was heading far and back to where the diggers first found this lovely piece of information in his hands. Dust or no dust, he didn't need her to find the Heart, that he could do himself.  First things first, however, he wasn't on the road yet.

Adaron moved quickly through alleys and backstreets like a jungle cat, heading to a general store that resided just on the outskirts of town, right where he needed to be.  It was closed this time of night, but he was sure the owner wouldn't miss a few things if he dropped in as a visitor.  City guards would be on the lookout for someone like him and he plannned to be long gone by the time they caught up to him.

He was careful with the lock this time, the old memories of cracking locks coming back to him.  It was simpler than using the Eye, sometimes it was easier to use your hands to break things open.  Once inside, he wasted no time going for a leather bag and filling it with supplies.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

If there was one thing that could be said of Aurora Jane, it was her uncanny ability to make the best of a situation. So despite feeling like complete garbage while her head was pounding like a smith's hammer on an anvil, she was out of the bed, redressed, and following after the man's trail.

He didn't get far before she found him stealing, and all she could think about was how untactful he was. Then again, she took her own thieving as an art. There was some thrill to the idea of pretending to be someone else.

So there she waited, arms crossed in the door frame as he went about filling his bag.

"Shouldn't you be traveling light? Or do you aim to steal a horse as well?"

Lion

Adaron turned abruptly, peering over his shoulder to glare daggers at the big-haired woman.  She ought to be careful about sneaking up on people like that.  She could turn into a pile of the very dust she sought if she surprised the wrong person.  He grinned at the thought.  However, intrigue as to why she bothered to follow him at all, stayed his eye from zapping her at that particular moment.

"A decent idea.  But it's a long journey, where I'm headed.  I'll need all I can carry.  And I can carry quite a bit.  Besides, it's only myself I'm feeding, aren't I?"  And he took a bite out of an apple, chewing softly before throwing that into the bag too and just about finishing up his rummaging.

But he threw that bag over his shoulders never the less and moved back toward the door.  "But stealing a horse.  What a marvelous idea, thank you."  And he then leaned in to kiss her cheek.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She hadn't expected him to get so close so soon. Then again, hadn't he oogled her fantastic assets earlier? So when he came in to kiss her cheek,s he turned it into something a little more as she turned in time to catch his lips and gave him a heated kiss.

She wished she could say it was a forced gesture, though initially it was, but after being so frustrated, a rough kiss like that was nice-
even if it was a means to distract him as she began to fondle her way through his pockets for-

Ah ha! She found the map!

"You know, there are other things you could steal..."
And the map was out and now tucked away on her person, and she could only help he was none the wiser as she moved to step away.

"But as you said... you've only got yourself to feed. So why not steal yourself something a bit more.. rich?"

Lion

She must've really thought she was slick - and maybe at any other time he might find out that she was - but consideing he had the map tucked away in his pants, he could feel something was missing.  "Clever girl!" He growled though teeth that bit down hard on her lower lip, keeping her trapped closer to him.

He kissed her harder then, devouring her mouth, slipping his tongue between her cheeks, as his hand caught her wrist in a powerful grip and he reached into her clothes, to where she tucked the map away.

"If you wanted to come along, all you had to do was ask," he panted, biting her lip again.  "But the map is mine."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She glared back at him, but held a very soured smile on her lips.
"Never said I wanted to come along."

But well, she kinda of had to. "Now.. if you'll let go of me... I do believe you're bruising my wrist."

Lion

"As opposed to my bruised pride," he said and pulled the map out from under her clothes, stepping back and wiping her slobber from his lips.  "Now if aim to get the Heart, it'll have to be with me, or not at all."

Adaron pushed passed her, slipping through the door and bounded down the alley.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Oh please," she rolled her eyes. "A man with no tact has got no pride."
And she glared after him and released a huffed breath.
"You should be careful in promising yourself things you can not keep."
After all,s he fully intended to get that map off of him. It was littered in dust!

Lion

"As should you.  A lady would know that," Adaron said, turning to throw a hard gaze at her.  "If you intend to come along.  Or even to follow me, I'd like to know your name."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Oh? And what good would knowing my name do for you?"

Lion

"Keep me from having to call you Thief everywhere we go," he replied.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn