Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cathedral Conundrums

Started by Zero, February 25, 2014, 05:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Lillian cut into her duck and took a dainty bite, her jade eyes rather fixated on watching Blaith and listening to his reaction to his first sample of their chosen dish. She made a soft sound of appreciation, savoring the flavor, which was excellent, but a lady certainly didn't moan over her food the way Blaith had done.

They had been getting quite enough attention as it was, and more eyes looking their way over his little declaration didn't really bother her at this point, but she was smiling broadly at him. If he got this excited over food...

Shaking her head with a soft chuckle to dispel such thoughts Lillian instead focused on answering his question. "It is quite as wonderful as you said it would be, Duke Harmond. You ordered it just so and they have cooked it to perfection."

visualspice

"A perfect meal for a perfect evening?" he inquired, blue eyes seeking hers for approval.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"Why, Duke Harmond, do I detect a hint of uncertainty?" Lillian grinned, jade eyes sparkling playfully as she made a show of taking another bite.

visualspice

"It isn't uncertainty, well.. perhaps in another light it could be," he went on, still grinning. "But I do hope you've at least enjoyed yourself somewhat. After all,  I do need to thank you. Your presence has helped calm me from my woes. I'm not sure what state I'd be in now if it weren't for you, so you have my thanks. And my duck, and perhaps the next dance if it so pleases you," ANd he rose his drink again to that, that grin of his broadening in the most charismatic of ways.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"A good deal more than somewhat enjoyed myself. I got to take a brisk ride, have a race through the city streets, was purchased the most gorgeous dress, and am eating exquisite roast duck and drinking fine wine with a very charming dancer." Lillian smiled reassuringly. She had more than enjoyed Blaith's company, except for a few rough moments. "So yes, a perfect evening, though I think you give me too much credit to the pleasantness of our time together."

visualspice

Blaith chuckled and waved the notion off.
"Of course not! Perhaps I give you too little credit?" ANd the idea was put out there as a playful challenge as he daintily stuffed another piece of duck into his mouth, moaning again and making quite the ridiculous face.

Zero

Lillian made a noncommittal sound as she took another sip of wine. Honestly, she felt as if she had hardly done anything at all. He had been the one to suggest riding together, and had suggested the Court De Beaux, that had purchased their fine outfits for the extravagant occasion, and any number of things that had brought them both pleasure that evening. What credit could she take? That she had approached an upset gentleman in the church. She hadn't even known it was him at the time.

As she ate she found herself still more interested in the sounds and expressions coming from Blaith Harmond, who appeared to be thoroughly enjoying his meal. While she was enjoying hers, well, she didn't look as if she was about to obtain nirvana while doing so!

visualspice

By the time Blaith had finished his supper, he appeared to be a puddle of goo in his chair.
"I don't care what they say about White Lily's, I'm pretty sure I'm not going home with any pure or virtuous stories. In fact, this meal alone, I don't think I'm a virgin anymore."

Zero

It really was a lovely meal and aside from Blaith's overly pleased behavior, it passed very smoothly as they ate in relative silence. Lillian was sipping her wine when her date finished and the words that came out of her mouth had the poor girl choking on her wine and turning quite the impressive shade of crimson.

"Blaith Harmond!" She hissed, green eyes flashing indignantly. "That is completely inappropriate table commentary."

visualspice

"Yeah, but we've broken a lot of rules today, I figured we were due for another," he said, flashing her those pearly white teeth.

Zero

"Do you want to set even more rumors running rampant? What will people say if they hear that kind of talk!" Lillian looked genuinely distressed. If people started suggesting she wasn't holding to her vows then they might do an inquest on her and she'd be forced to try to prove that her innocence was still intact.

visualspice

"Eh?" Blaith's expression changed drastically. "If someone were to say anything bad about you I'd knock their teeth out. Let's see them talk about vows when their face so swollen they can barely breath."

Zero

The sudden and drastic change in Blaith made Lillian blink, slightly startled. The idea that he would violently defend her honor was touching, in a sadistic sort of way that a Coleridge could appreciate. After all, Orchy was built upon conquest. They had always been a warfaring duchy and her brothers were skilled knights as was her father, but she wasn't sure violence would be the most effect solution in this case.

"And you think you knocking their teeth out would give the impression that any rumors were false? Indeed, your readiness to come to my defense might suggest you have some emotional investment in the matter." Still, she couldn't help but smile slightly and give him an appreciative look over. He was a rather impressive specimen of maleness, wasn't he? It might be thrilling to see him in all his righteous fury and glory.

visualspice

"Of course I'm invested. Why else would I bring you here and openly tease you?" And at such a remark, it seemed to all but calm him, but really, it was due to her smile.

Zero

Lillian sighed softly, but her smile remained. Monetarily he certainly was invested in this venture. She idly wondered how much their trip to Francine's and here and set him back. Well, it wasn't as if she'd pressured him into such extravagance. Her original intent had merely been to check on a man in distress. How that had come to this, she wasn't quite even sure!

"An exercise in futility to invest yourself in a woman in my position, Duke Harmond, but I appreciate it nonetheless." With that statement came a rather brilliant smile, but then a grimace. "Still! Your open teasing will likely get me a scolding from one of my superiors." After a moment she laughed softly. "A scolding is a small price for such a wonderful evening, I suppose. Let's just hope a scolding is all I receive. If I get a sanction I'm blaming it all on you!" The last was said teasingly, mostly.

visualspice

"Speaking of scoldings, how long can I keep you out for?" he asked, reclining back casually into his chair as he digested his food.

Zero

Lillian had never really thought about the curfew before. She never stayed away from the barracks for long if she wasn't at a post. Now the damn thing was an annoyance. It was a shame that Blaith had brought that up. They could have stayed out and she could have forgotten all about the curfew, but considering the rumors sure to crop up after today it was probably for the best she didn't break curfew on top of everything else.

"I suppose I should be getting back to the barracks soon, actually. No need to give my superiors more reason to yell at me. I'm sure I'll be getting an earful of lecturing as it is." The evening drawing to a close as a rather depressing thought. It was the first time she'd truly had a good time in a long time and she was loathe to see the night with Blaith end, but that was just her luck, she supposed as she rose gracefully from her chair.

"I should probably retrieve my clothes and change before returning to the barracks. I don't think they'd appreciate my lovely dress the way you do."

visualspice

"That's a shame, shall I escort you there? After all, I'm sure Francine would love to hear how our evening as gone," he said, moving to rise from the table as he offered a hand to help Lily stand.

Zero

Lillian smiled as she took his hand and stood gracefully from her chair before wrapping an arm around his so that he could lead her out on his arm the way he had led her in. Also she wanted to be closer to him for a little longer while longer. Close to his side like this she could breath in the wonderful smell of his cologne.

"You can take me to Francine's, but no peeking this time, Duke Harmond. I expect you to be on your best behavior." She teased gently. Though really she might hit him if he looked in on her while changing again! Just remembering that turned her face a soft shade of pink.

visualspice

It was Blaith's turn to blush.
"But of course, my lady, it was rude of me to have done so earlier." And with a gesture of his hand, the pair swept across the floor and out the door, down the grand staircase and through the front where the doormen parted the gilded double doors for them and out into the evening air they went. And a cool breeze swept in, which in no means disenchanted the golden hue the evening sun capped the world in during that moment.
"Seems even the sky is perfect." He adjusted his coat and turned to her with a smile. "Shall we?"