Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Killing Loneliness (Anadwen)

Started by Brisinger987, March 01, 2014, 03:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

"No such way exists. I am trapped in this form because of the curse that falls upon all who visit this place. Do you not know the curse of Fell?"

Anadwen

"Ah... The curse." Amlan peered somewhere into the distance. He didn't know how to respond to that... Even Thelian was silent.

Brisinger987

"You have not felt it's effects?" Aurael was curious. She was curious as to whether the effects of the spell wore off on elves and other such beings. She knew that it did not affect immortals, such as gods and demons. But to not affect a mortal?

Anadwen

"My mother found a way how to protect me from the Fell's curse. Amlan is not a mage." Thelian answered her question. Her parents indeed did find a way to preserve Thelian's abilities and keep her unharmed by Fell, but how, even she didn't know.

Brisinger987

"You are lucky then. Lucky that this has not affected you. But I cannot leave, for I cannot love another, or be accepted outside of these ruins. My fellow Variants need some form of hierarchy."

Anadwen

"Maybe we could find a way to protect you, too..." Thelian offered her, with a voice as soft as silk. Amlan gave her a nod. "There sure must exist a way."

Brisinger987

"This form isn't a curse. This form is the scar the curse left on me. There is no reverse. I would have to be cured of the curse, and restored to my original form at the same time, and someone would have to continuously pump a lot of energy into keeping me human." Aurael sighed and saw a worrying sight. A dead deviant. A dead comrade.

Anadwen

"My powers aren't as small as you may think. I am convinced that there is a way! If a way exists to keep away the curse, then there is a way that reverses it. I believe it can be done. There is always a way... What is even your name?" 

Brisinger987

"I call myself Aurael now, it is the only suitable name that I could find." She knelt by the dead monster, which was bigger than her.

"Titan, what happened? Tell sister..." She began examining the corpse, clearly upset and disheartened.

Anadwen

"Aurael." Thelian bowed softly. "It is a pleasure to meet you. I am Thelian, and this is Amlan." The ranger gave her a swift bow of his head, but otherwise remained silent, watching Aurael's actions with caution.

Brisinger987

Aurael gasped as she looked at Titan's corpse, then let out a solitary tear.

"I see the others hurt you... Oh, silly you... I'll miss you brother..."

Anadwen

The elf-maiden stepped closer, raising one white hand that came closer and touched Aurael's side. "I won't tell you not to weep... Not all tears are evil, my friend. But do not give up. Is this not the reason why we should try harder to get out of here?"

Brisinger987

"He was a fair and gentle creature in life. The others, took a dark path, one of death and destruction."

Anadwen

Thelian shook her head softly. "I know fell well, Aurael. That is the way it has been... Is that not how it has fallen?"
"For destruction and pestering in chaos?" Amlan added.

Brisinger987

"Not all of us fell to the darkness upon this place." Aurael stood, and walked beckoning for them to follow.

"I know of a place, but know not how to open it, or what lay inside. But I suspect, you two may know, or may not. What lays inside is anyone's guess however, it was there long before this city fell, and I fear it may have become dark and twisted with the curse upon this place."

Anadwen

Amlan drew his bow at the mention of such a place, but Thelian remained calm. "I knew a different dark force residing in this place. I am not afraid... Even now it is near, but concealed where it cannot escape from."

They both followed Aurael, Thelian walking with her usual grace, while Amlan took the more defensive stance of a ranger.

Brisinger987

As Aurael walked the streets that had not crumbled, she stopped, hearing something roar to her left. Then from the right came the charge of a monster just as big as her, smashing it's way through a building as it tried to kill what it thought was prey, and the two monsters tumbled away, brawling in a rather nonsensical, primal way.

Anadwen

Amlan was immediately up at his feet, aiming an arrow at the other monster in the moment when it came near. "Halt, beast!" he shouted, bolting after it, and carefully letting the arrow go, aiming it into the other monster, while carefully avoiding Aurael herself.

Brisinger987

Aurael brawled with the monster, and the arrow simply shattered on impact with the monster's invincible hide.

Then came the last resort, and Aurael punctured the monster's skull with her tail, spewing acid and ichor everywhere.

"Ragh."