Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Who's in Control

Started by DragonSong, May 21, 2017, 11:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Yes, but I by no means intend to stay here any longer than I must," Serena muttered. A soft brush against her leg made her glance down at Sorren, who blinked at the stranger curiously.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Good." The man's head turned his head back to the direction his body was facing. "Serendipity is a good place for magic users, so I've heard."

DragonSong

"Yes, yes, thank you for your input." She frowned at him. "Now...if you don't mind, I've had a rather long day. Week. Month." She sighed and rubbed at her temple, then waved a hand at him. "So...be on your scary way, and I'll get back to making camp."

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

THe man did not reply, instead he shook his head and began to leave.

Passing by a nearby tree, he seemingly vanished from thin air, as he never bother coming out the other side...

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The Next Day

It was early morning in a nearby town. THe sun had just peeked over the horizon, birds were chirping their early morning songs, and people were waking up to get about their morning routine.

However, amidst this pleasantness stood a man in an overcoat leaning against the wall of a building. To normal passerby he was rather unremarkable, maybe even unsettling, but most simply ignored him and went about their day.

He was scanning the streets for somthing, seemed like he was waiting for somthing to happen...

DragonSong

She would have given anything to just be able to slip over the borer and go home.

But the next morning brought the realization that she couldn't get all the way back to La'marri without more supplies.

So she wound up trying to blend into the small town that brought her about half a day's journey off her path, one cat wrapped around her shoulders, one in her pack, the other padding along beside her.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

It was pretty obvious to him who this was, it was the exact same women from yesterday with all the cats, the only difference is the cats were nearly all over her.

The man said nothing, though he wondered why a magic user was in town, Mordcai might show up any minute now.

Still, concerned him not, long as she wasen't starting any trouble. Though he failed to realize this, but he was staring at her a bit longer then normal, really contemplating why she was here to begin with...

DragonSong

A soft growl from Sorren drew Serena's attention momentarily to the scent that had put her familiar on edge.

Ah. Of course. Because things could never just be easy.

"Keep an eye out," she murmured to the black tomcat as she approached what appeared to be the small town's general store. "But don't engage him unless he comes at us, alright?"

Sorren grumbled and his tail flicked as he took up a post beside the door and she slipped into the store.