Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blossoms

Started by Anadwen, March 15, 2014, 12:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

"Seiki Naohiro Adachi." he introduced himself, ever so slightly bowing his head and bending in his waist. He chose to say his name in the western way to avoid confusion, though even after so many years it still came slightly unnatural to him.

"The name of your company seems very familiar to me... I remember deploying you once. Or, to be more accurate, I remember my father's company deploying yours." A smile spread through his lips. He chose not to say the name of his company, to instead heighten her curiosity, if there already was some, and create a little in the other case.

pryatama aphrodite

"Indeed. A good man. Good at striking deals worth participation in." She wasn't too terribly curious as to where he belonged. She was blunt. A straight to the point kinda gal.

Her supple lips curved in a ghost of a smirk at his accent presented, tilting he head, eyes sharp but gleaming with hidden thoughts.

Anadwen

Two sharp tips of his teeth flashed in his mouth as he laughed, lightly and shortly as before, but it was too fast to be noticed for anyone that wasn't searching exactly for that.

"Thank you. Good deal's always worth the effort." It pleased him that she remembered... After all, making deals with the number of companies his father's corporation did, it wasn't as easy to keep them all in memory, though Seiki and Takuya were living examples that it was possible.

pryatama aphrodite

Her eyes narrowed. She was extremely perceptive, even for a buisness woman. She believed his abnormality to be nothing short from interesting. Wonder what he would think of her difference...

"Ah, yes. Very worth it."

Anadwen

"Most definitely." he nodded, smiling a little. He gazed into the distance for a moment of silence, unsure how to continue in this conversation, until he casually asked another question.

"If you don't mind me asking - as I am, by no means, trying to be inquisitive, or anything similar - what is the reason for a lady such as yourself to be here at this time? It's quite late."

pryatama aphrodite

"My comfort for my company has faltered. Thus, I seek relief from piled work, and persistant staff."

She dropped her gaze to her laptop, distinctly remember the conversation with her editor. Biting her lip would merely draw unwanted blood, so she refrained from such.

"How about you, fine mister?"

Anadwen

With a light shrug, Seiki slipped onto the barstool beside her. "Just enjoying some peace and silence after a particularly difficult week, before my holiday. I can understand your reasons... My own staff is quite similar, insisting on meetings even while I'm enjoying my meal."

He gave a short glance to the place where he previously sat, only two stools away. There wasn't any need to return too soon.

pryatama aphrodite

Her phone chirped, in unison with a ping from her laptop. Bile rose in her throat. Her temper flaring to blue fire from annoyance, but her outer self looked relaxed. "Bollocks..." she muttered, to no one in particular.

Anadwen

"It's annoying, is it not? Even in our positions we have a right for free time." Seiki sighed, slightly annoyed. It appeared that he wasn't the only one with persistent employees.

He crossed his legs, poisonous green eyes staring somewhere into the distance, until they sled onto her face again, studying it rather discreetly under his thick, dark lashes.

pryatama aphrodite

"Indeed it is. Despite our higher placement in buisness, and our hard work, we are human-" she cut short. Not seeming to notice his study of her face as her lips pressed into a hard line. "Bottom line, we deserve some me time, as those of modern day put it," she muttered as a quick amend.

She crossed her legs, arranging her ankle length raven dress to its previous placement.

Anadwen

His lips twisted into a somewhat amused smirk. There seemed to be some hesitation in her voice. Human... Well, human as human, it didn't matter much.

"At least in summer, I think there should be at least a little compassion. Spending a whole day in a suit is truly uncomfortable at the least." he spoke idly, taking the tie completely off his neck. It slipped through his hands like a silken snake of black, adorned by ornaments, displaying a pattern of blossoming cherry tree branches, woven into the into the complicated ornamentss.

pryatama aphrodite

She removed the grey silken scarf from its rest upon her shoulders. Once meant to cover the marks. Jet black scars of intricate designs twined up her arms, along her collarbone, and coming to pointed ends at intervals up her neck. Each in the language of the shinigami. Each meant to ensure actions don't go to hell.

"One would think being the practical definition of authoraty would come with freewill. At least a bare minimum."

Anadwen

His eyes scanned the black tattoos on her shoulders with interest, studying the intricate patterns they formed, but he still kept his attention at their conversation.

"Oh, I think there definitely is at least some freedom... The problem would more likely be the invasiveness of some aspects of our work, I'd say. But after all, with great power comes great responsibility, and this is just... A toll we have to pay for our status. It could definitely be worse. Quite frankly, I am willing to pay this toll." he replied, his voice like silk, perfectly calm, though showing some interest in the matters they spoke of.

pryatama aphrodite

"Love, the very idea of you having even the slightest expirience as to what I do, and what propositions I have had to accept in past times would amuse me, if not capture my interests. But, alas, such a thought is unreal." When she smiled, after using such a soothing tone, it contrasted with the underline meaning of her declaration. It brought hints of difference between her, and the occupants of the tainted world. Many having explained their feeble meaning as to why they were there in the frst place. That, was one unattractive trait.

"Anyway, freedom is a given to many among the lower job positions. People of a higher job position bear a weight on they're shoulder most wouldn't have the stamina to handle." She wasn't disrespecting the poor people, but when the moment called for facts, she impressed.

Anadwen

"That is true. The highest of positions are given to those that have proven efficient and fit for them for a reason, after all." His voice grew cold for a moment, but returned to its usual calm, melodic quality shortly after. Her voice and her words contradicted each other...

"Though, you speak with confidence about my... Position."

pryatama aphrodite

Her eyes shifted so it rested on the laptop she was now opening. Wordy as she had a tendency to be, she was one to offened almost as quickly as the blink of and eye. "I seem to catch quite a positive vibe from you, sir. Do not take offense to my mouth, for I am not one to filter my language." She flushed against the earlier exclamation, and decided to cut the visiting short. One thing could connect to another and one couldn't believe what trouble this would branch off into.

"It was a pleasure to converse, kind sir." Her tone was clipped, cold. Mouth pressed into a hard line as her fingers began their dance among the keys.

Anadwen

Seiki's lips formed a slight smile. "Oh, the pleasure was all mine." he replied calmly, sliding from his bar stool, and walking back to where he has left his own things.

The screen of the tablet lit up again, and a silent sigh escaped his mouth. More information about the meeting has already arrived, making a quiet sound as he clicked the icon, and started reading, while he finished his sake and let the bartender take the empty cup and bottle away.

He was going to leave soon... He had to prepare for tomorrow's flight. Though it maybe wasn't the most brilliant idea to drink sake before driving back home.

pryatama aphrodite

That was a mistake. Looking at the dam screen was a fuck up so bad it couldn't be taken back, regardless of therapy. Her eyes blanched, body frozen in resemblence to suspended animation. Everything about her became lifeless, lke the pausing of a film. Fuck... No... It wasn't happening.

The message pasted in her mail taunted and teased her sanity, until the last line. Where it shattered.

Her hand covered her mouth, and her eyes shut. Tears ran and streaked her flushed cheeks, and her hands shook as she pressed her palm to her stomach.

Anadwen

He couldn't escape noticing that something strange happened to that girl. She started... Crying? He frowned a little, closing the tablet's case again, and sliding off his stool, he walked towards her again, his face slowly sliding into concern.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but is everything alright? I noticed..." he spoke silently, bending over a little, to have his face in the same height as was hers. "I'm sorry if I have offended you in any way, miss."

pryatama aphrodite

She shook her head, eyes still closed, and removed the hand to her mouth to point at the screen.

On it, was a message in her inbox. A picture of a newspaper. At the top was a picture of many shinigami shifters scurrying around in panic, but below it, was another photo.

One of a boy no more then 7, with tousled chestnut locks matching Amaria's. He was beaming, holding up a manga book excitedly. His eyes a vibrant pirate gold. This was the article below.

Cameron Connara, son of successful novelist writer and CEO of Connara industries Amaria Connara, was spotted dead on the Brooklyn bridge. Shinigami marks covered almost all hs body. The authoraties called on Batcher Neglit, translater, to read the marks. He was able to tell the media some of the meanings. Submission, sacrafice, death, pain, and sufferage.
Lord Death claimed to have last seen his nephew withhis loyal father, Ben Connara. The Lord knew he wasn't the murderer, but it raises suspicion on his part. Many are on the lookout for the culprate.