Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Princess of the Glass Desert [M]

Started by visualspice, March 18, 2014, 02:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Dying?" She held a hand to her lips. "But how? I have not taken your heart!"
She could not have comprehended the enigma that was happening here. Being she was a heartless, and he a man wanting to give this woman freely his heart, out of love, not pride or privilege, that her empty vessel naturally was pulling at his life force. Not because it wished to kill him, but because his life force so naturally wished to save hers... to bring her back from a destiny she had chosen in order to keep him and her people free.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

His strength wavered and he trembled in her arms.  His body weakened significantly and he suddenly fainted, growing limp in her embrace.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

If the sudden collapse of this man, so familiar to her, wasn't enough to send the heartless princess into a panic, the rushing waters all around them were. If she wanted him to die, he could easily do so by drowning, but that means his heart would be extinguished- and though he had offered her up his heart willingly, something else inside her was screaming for help-a nd before she knew what she was doing, she was picking up his body and dancing up and over the rushing waters that gushed through and over top of the glass desert. It was too dangerous here. They needed to find higher grounds, so she took his limp body to the high peaks of the plateaus that lined the boarder of the Seraj Isa. ANd to the North, there was an endless sea of sands. And to the south- the glass desert, that sparkled wickedly as the waters writhed upon it's surface while the storm still raged on.
BUt whatever beauty was here was last, as she turned her eyes away from the stormy scene to peer down at the faint, pale life for that was General Jun'tao.
And she crouched over top of him, studying the familiarity of his face but not quite connecting the how or whys about it.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Even the water that doused his face, wet the cloth that was tightened across his eyes, Jun'tao did not stir.  He heard the shrill cry of an eagle somewhere, likely his familiar finding shelter amidst the crystalline landscape of the glass desert.  The whole world as muted to him, for his strength was nearly gone completely, and only faint sounds of being moved registered in his hearing.

Only when he felt the piercing eyes of a curious gaze did he stir, if only slightly.  Jun'tao groaned and reached for his head, rubbing his temples lightly and shaking his head. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Seeing he was awake, Jai'un gasped and found the strength to place a blade to his throat.
"You need to explain yourself, and explain yourself now," she told him. "Tell me... why you kissed me- and why it.... made me feel so strangely back there, in the storm."

He had to be keeping something from her. Was he some sort of sorcerer?

Lion

Despite his returning strength coming back awfully slow, there was no mistaking  the feel of cold steel against his throat.  He felt it brush against his adam's apple and he froze. 

"I cannot know," he said with a frown.  "I...I thought you were lost to me....Perhaps you still are."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"What do you mean lost to you?!" she growled, her grip on her blade tightening as she demanded this.

Lion

"GONE!" Jun'tao spat, trying to wiggle his way out from  underneath the blade.  "You are gone...  You left to sacrifice yourself to the Heartless...and everything you tried to save, died anyway!  And I will die too.  And it was all for nothing."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"What?" she made a face. "Such a tale is pathetic. And if that is so, why are you even here?"

Lion

The question caught him and Jun'tao felt as if his own tongue had been cut out.  He hesitated and shook his head.  "I don't know.  I have nothing left to fight for.  I don't know why I came out here.  There's nothing but emptiness, and rain.  Best you just get it over with I suppose."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jai'un studied him in silence. The aching in his heart, oh how she could see it, sense it, feel it, taste it- all but take it from him. For some, strange twisted reason, she could not obey him now. Not after that kiss. Leaning over him, she studied the clothe over his eyes then down his body and back to his face again.
"One so handsome... he possesses quite the powerful lips. Perhaps if you... kiss me again. I shall make your death swift and painless."

Lion

It was not just fear that coursed through him.  But also the gradual realization that all they had sacrificed, all they fought for was for nothing.  And that would be his sentence for his failure, to be killed by the very soul who had given herself for her people.  If he had eyes surely they would be wet with tears, of that failure that guilt.  But all Jun'tao had now was his humiliation.

Her proposition only made him disgusted further, not only of himself, but of what she'd become in turn.  "What would that prove?" he snapped.  "Just kill me already."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Because," she said, pensively. "The kiss you gave.... was unlike those that other men could give. It.... I don't know how to explain it, but if you've ever drank a heart, perhaps you would." Though she herself, had not yet tasted the sweet blood of man, she could still smell it, and it was just as intoxicating as the kiss she was so desiring. And if she could get her kicks without stealing the heart... there was no harm in that now was there?

Lion

Jun'tao scowled in disgust, it coiled in his belly and he couldnt've retched right here in front of her if he had the strength to do so.  He stilled under the remembered blade however, his body hard with that remembered rage and he shook his head fiercely.  "Just kill me!  I will do nothing so brazen and low again.  I am shamed to have done it at all."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Something about his refusal struck a cord in her- just like the kiss had done. ANd those fears, those doubts on his emotions from all of those years of never knowing, worried that he did not like her because of how she looked.. because of her seat of power.....

So at his refusal, her own demeanor changed.She pulled away from him, but kept her weapon in hand. "I am not here to kill," she hissed. "But to steal your heart. But I see it worthless. Perhaps my judgement was wrong." As were her memories...

Lion

He would admit nothing to her. Not to this shadow of a woman he had loved.  Loved still.  But she was not her and there were no reason to believe otherwise.  "It wouldn't be the first time a foul Heartless tried to steal it from me!"  Jun'tao snapped just before he rolled to his knees, opposite her and felt for his legs underneath him.  It felt strange to have his strength sapped from him and even stranger to feel it return and he stumbled more than once as he tried to rise and run.  "Away, fiend.  You've wasted my time long enough.  If you'll not kill me or take my heart, then you're nothing more than the weakling all your kind are."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Where human words would normally never touch a demon so, this one touched her very soul. Eyes sparkled over with tears- tears she long forgotten she was even able to produce as the night air tossed about her hair and clothing as she dropped her knife and moved away from him.

Something was happening, something was different. Why was she aching so? She felt ill. She felt pained, and before she knew it, tears were streaming down her face as she ran off into the night.

Lion

Jun'tao could not have seen the tears nor had he heard the sobs over the howling of wind.  He simply heard the dropping of the knife and he immediately leapt to his feet, and bolted out in the opposite direction.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The glass was slick as she ran, and she found her feet meeting with water and down she went, o her back and down a large dune until she splashed into the water gathering below. For a moment, the water consumed her, weighed her down, but when her wits returned, she swam towards the surface and once she broke for air, she gasped and gulped what she could before finding herself suddenly sobbing.

What was wrong with her? How could she be so affected by a man's words? By his kiss? What was this sorcery? But she was too emotional to do much else in the moment, but thankfully- the rains had let up, even if hte winds still howled fiercely around her.

Lion

Jun'tao had run far from where she had pulled him from the waters.  He didn't know what that was all about, but he had been determined to get away, lest the ruse truly work and capture him as she intended.  What a prize he would make, to be sure?  The General of the last human kingdom to make a true stand against the Heartless.

Jun'tao gave pause though, wondering for the brevity of the moment if he had been wrong.  No, it was preposterous, he wasn't wrong.  That wasn't his Princess, not any longer.  There would be no point in going back, no point in entertaining the thought.  So when he crested the cliffside, the eagle hovering above showing him the way, he knew it was a notion best left forgotten.  And that he should treasure his luck while he still had it.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn