Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Journey of Stars

Started by visualspice, March 18, 2014, 04:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

It was a cruel twist of fate- for there he stood, with the spear buried deep within his body and a pain so fierce he could not breath. Not that he would need to as his world darkened, his vision becoming blurred as he blinked back a few tears he hadn't known were there.

"P..princess Em Ush'ere..." he stammered, blood trickling down from the corners of his lips as he trembled. But it was too late, and the army of heartless flooded past him, leaving the man to drop to his knees and watch helplessly as his princess was taken. His sacrifice in vane...

And then into the darkness he went, upon a whisper, and was carried away lighter than air unto the next world....

"Ashai..."
The voice was soft, and distinctly that of a woman's.
"Ashai Amun'de- Keeper of Time..."

His blue eyes opened, and blinked heavily at the sound of the voice.

"Princess Em Ush'ere?"

"No." the voice replied back, and the world around him wavered, and it felt strange- as if he were under water, but there was no pressure on his skin.  Peering around, Ashai's eyes took in this world, but it seemed too distance, and most of it was framed in a rippling blur of darkness.

"Then who?" he asked softly, feeling tired and heavy.

"The Spirit." She spoke, the world twinkling. "The Spirit of Death."

"Death?" The world wavered at his sound, the darkness rippling outwards from him. He could see things changing, but he knew not what. "Than am I...?"

"You are dead."

Ashai fell into silence, and had a hard time digesting what the voice told him.
"Then this is..."

"The Kingdom of the After Life."

Ashai moved around, knowing somehow he was moving, pushing through the void- but not knowing how. He couldn't feel, and seeing was an abstract thing. Though as he swam through this place, this kingdom of the dead, he tried to look for the voice when he saw the fluttering of light breaking through the inky darkness that marred his vision.

"You are half way to the heavens." She told him. "But do not despair, for your journey has only just begun."

It was warm now, but that was all he felt when the light over took him- and he felt as if he were being turned upside down, then pulled inside out and pushed away and drifting, until the light twinkled and in it's winking wake, he found himself standing on a horizon of orange so bright, it reminded him of fire. He shielded his eyes, but could not see his hands. He grit his teeth, but could not feel the bite as he looked around, trying to figure out where he was- what this world could be when the voice tried to reach him again.

"This is the warmth of love. Your heart, so rare, so pure, produces so much of this your soul has transcended into another existence all of it's own."

"Transcended? What do you mean?"

The world wavered a bit, before settling back into a softer shade of orange, and Ashai felt as if he might tip over as the world began to shift.

"Your soul is a powerful source of life." The Spirit told him. "It has guided your spirit away from the land of the dead."

"Away? But how.. what do you mean?"

"You are not destined to rest just yet, my child. The Spirits always have answers."

"Rest? What do you mean? What is my destiny? Am I to fulfill something even in death?"

"Your heart.." the voice said, darkening the world into a deeper shade of red. "Your heart feels broken and sad. You feel undeserving of the paradise you have earned. It keeps you from the heavens. From peace."

And it was at the talk of his heart that he felt it, it's pulsating force thumbing and pulsating through the world.

"I feel it..."

"That is your spirit. The true power of your heart."

"Yes, I know. I.. I can sense it."

"Do you feel it pull?"

Ashai grew quiet, lifting up the hands that weren't there as he nodded.
"Yes." And he turned towards were a crack began to dissolve in the edge of the world of color. "And it pulls me near- so near to this... vision."

"That is no vision." She told him. "That is the world of the wake."

"You mean the world of-"

"Yes," she told him, her voice like a chime as the world sparkled subtle. "The world of the living."

Hesitantly, Ashai took a step forward, a hand reaching out, though cautious, and too afraid to touch.

"The world of the living beckons you- and of one so pure, I can not deny those of strong spirit."

He lifte dhis gaze towards the voice
"Then I have another chance?"

There was a pause, the world rippling and feeling softer all around him.

"Yes. You have another choice. But there is a limit. You can return. You can fix what is wrong in the world. You can help cure this darkness."

"But how?" he asked the voice, and in turn, heard the sudden tick, tick, ticking of a clock. He furrowed his brow, not understanding what it was.

"The time of the future resides in you. Take this medallion and be careful of the sands within."

Ashai furrowed his brow and looked down to where something flashed inside a bubble of light. And as it neared him, the light faded and before him sparkled a golden medallion.

"May I touch it?"

The world churned a moment before the spirit answered him.
"Yes. You may touch it. The Medallion of Time is yours. And with it, the future. Life again, and then... the ends of your life, all in one. Use it wisely, protect it. For this is your essence, this is your power. And you will find yourself whole again all anew."

ANd the second Ashai reached for the Medallion it opened, and within it he saw a small hour glass but it was empty- without sands. ANd then in a flooding fanfare of pain and light, he watched his body tear away from him and sift into the glass as sands filled the empty void and the world around him grew smaller and smaller as he free fell back unto the earth.

He awoke, cold, hungry and naked as he shivered against the midnight moon, which capped the vast desert of glass in silver. It was a peculiar thing to see, to feel- as it was hard as ice, and felt cold to the touch; and was mesmerizing. Though there was a faint reflection to it, he could see through it- as if it were a clouded window, but even in the dark- he somehow knew what it was.

"The Seraj Isa..." he whispered, and peered up from the glass dunes beneath him to the stars as he stood at them- and marked a blessed symbol across his breast, and got on one knee in prayer  as he thanked all the Spirit Gods.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Ashai was not as alone as he thought.

A huntress stalked the priest, as intrigued by the man's appearance as she was wary.  Men -- naked men in particular -- did not simply appear in Seraj Isa, after all.  And the scent carried by the faint breeze...  She gave a soft sniff at the air again, trying to decide what she made of it as her red eyes considered the human in front of her.

Another demon might have killed the human for intruding on their domain.  That was the task the King had set before her, after all: to guard his lands against intrusion.  This, however odd, did not look like an intrusion, however; it was just one naked man.  What could he expect to accomplish here all alone?

He was certainly no match for her.  She had always served her King and Master as a warrior and hunter, as deadly and merciless as the creature from whom she borrowed her form.  She had no recollection of how long it had been; time spent here all blurred together so that it passed, alternatively, in either the blink of an eye or at a snail's pace.  Had she failed her master, she would not be here any longer in any capacity -- she was quite certain of that.

So, she watched as he knelt down in the sand, and she wondered what it was he was doing.  Her expression was puzzled, but only for a moment; her frown quickly spread into a wide smile as she began to stalk carefully forward.  The sand would mute her footsteps, she knew, and she could not resist the temptation to sneak up on him while he crouched in such a vulnerable position.

But she wouldn't kill him -- oh, no, what fun would that be?  She would let him live -- for a while, at least, until she had grown bored batting around the naked human.

The wind caressed her gray fur as she crept nearer.  Her tail began to flip back and forth in excitement even as her ears flattened slightly, mimicking the way she carried her body low to the ground as she crossed the dune.  And, reaching him, it took all of her willpower not to just pounce on top of him, like he were a mouse with whom she could play.

For humans, there were other games...

Ashai would hear the soft, cat-like purr behind him only a moment before she spoke.  "It's not common to find naked men wandering around Seraj Isa."  Turning, he would find her, standing tall and beautiful, with the moonlight highlighting the cat-like features and unnatural redness of her eyes.

visualspice

Startled from his prayer, he whirled around and grimaced at the sight of a figure clothed in darkness as he exclaimed, far too presumptuously, "Demon!" And he scrambled to get as much distance from her as he could, but whatever sands lay upon the glass surface of the Seraj Isa made it quite slippery, as he would soon find himself slipping forward onto his hands and knees, a reaction that at least saved him from knocking his teeth off the hard glass below.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Not terribly presumptuously, no -- there were, after all, her red eyes, her inhuman visage, and the very fact she was where no human dared be...  Except, obviously, Ashai.

"Yes," she purred, her amusement clear in her voice.  "A demon.  How scary."

Because she fancied that she probably was!

"What happened to your clothes?"

No sense in beating around the bush!

visualspice

Scary indeed, but at the mention of his clothes, he dropped his gaze and gasped, a hand quickly covering himself as he cowered away.

Ivory

Em's laugh was throat -- something not quite human, between a laugh and a purr as she stared down at the human.  He looked so small and pitiful, all hunched over and embarrassed.

"The cold will kill you faster than I will."  Her tail snaked back and forth behind her as she regarded him.  "I'm more patient than it is."

The cold didn't like games -- it existed to kill, and that was all.  "You're lucky I came along."  Her eyes shone with amusement at his expense.  "Unless you would rather let the cold take you..."

visualspice

Ashai continued to cower, pausing when he felt he was at a safe enough distance from her.
"You... you are a being of the desert? A demon." He hardened his gaze and tried to toughen up, keeping his shoulders as straight as he could. "I am not afraid of you, but I will not be tricked by your kind. I am not here to squabble, but to find someone."
Ironically, he had no idea he had already found her. Though how was he to know the mysterious, cat-woman before him was his fallen princess?

Ivory

"Oh?" the demon asked with a grin that showed a glint of fang.  "Well, that's very brave.  But I've not seen a human here for some time...  Whoever you are searching for has already been devoured."

She looked him over curiously.  "Unless you are here to meet the King...though I can't imagine he'd have much interest in a scrawny human like you."

visualspice

"King Arkh'an," he whispered. "You work for the King of the Heartless?"

Ivory

"Of course."  As if there was another King or other employment for a demon...  "Are you really as stupid as you seem, or is this all an act of some sort?"  She sidled a bit to the side as she studied him, beginning to circle him as a shark might its prey.  "I'm not sure I would believe you to be so clever, human.  Or so bold.  If you're frightened of me, you would drop dead of fear to meet him."

visualspice

Ashai, indeed, was hesitant and afraid of her, but shook his head and followed her as she moved around him.

"If it means the possible release of my princess, I will face him," he said, hoping he sounded bolder than he felt.

Ivory

Once she was downwind of him again, a full circle, she sniffed curiously as a smile lit her face.  "A princess?  Aren't you quite the devoted one?"

She strode forward suddenly, sure-footed and confident on the sands, easily making up the difference in his pitiful efforts to escape and her strides forward with a pounce.  She landed with one hand on his chest and the other pressed against the sand behind him to stop him as she leaned forward to sniff him -- more deliberately this time.

"What manner of human are you?" she wondered, having finished sniffing his chest and looking up to meet his eyes.  "Or, perhaps, you are not human at all..."  Claws appeared on the hand against his chest, raking lightly but doing no damage -- yet.  "How did you get here?"

visualspice

Ashai let out a yelp as she pinned him down onto the sand and remained over top of him. Though she wore clothing, she was clothing in little of it now and at such a position, it made him flush.

"I... who or what I am is no consequence to you!" he stated, becoming more confident now as he glared up into her catty eyes. "I am here for one purpose and one purpose alone. Now, can you help me or not?" he asked her boldly, and used one hand in hopes to push her away so he could try to sit up. He hated behind beneath her. He felt so weak for it and here he was to carry out a most sacred request. But so far, things were turning out not completely in his favor...

Ivory

"Be still, or I will have to examine your corpse," she threatened, voice sounding like a hiss. 

"Hm, how curious," the cat-girl purred, pressing down a bit harder with her fingers and hand so she didn't quite hurt him.  "You smell like hot sand.  I wonder, if I cut you..."  A fingernail slipped against the base of his throat, leaving a tiny, red scratch in its wake.  Leaning forward, she tested the drop on her tongue -- not quite cat, but too rough to be human.

It was not blood she tasted; it was hellfire, burning hotter than the King's wrath -- and on her sensitive tongue!  She yowled and all-but leaped back from him with her fur puffed out about her person and her tail easily poofed out to three times its former size as she spit and tried desperately to get the blood out of her mouth.

visualspice

Ashai remained on the sands, scrambling away some once he was free, but his heart was pounding in his ears and his chest rose and fell swiftly as he breathed. His face twisted at her reaction, seeing her tail, perhaps in another light, may have elicited a laugh, but the situation was too tense and dangerous, and he merely observed her with a frown.

"I... I can not die so easily," he told her, trying to sound bold but... was uncertain what sort of consequences that could stir. "Nor be injured so severe." Though he had no idea that it was his bloods that hurt her, his mouth still dry as he licked at his lips and hesitated before moving to stand.

"Are you... alright?" A funny thing for a man to ask a demon. But even still, though he was 'dead' (or mostly so..) it did not mean he did not have a heart...

Ivory

Em spit one more time, then shot him a dark look, cat eyes unblinking as she studied him.

"Sorcerer." she accused at last as she rose, attempting to salvage some of her pride as she slowly de-fluffed.  She was looking at him with more suspicion, now -- but, also, more respect.

What would her master want?  For her to kill this being (or try to) and be done with it, or would he wish to meet him?  She frowned thoughtfully, then asked cautiously, "Does this princess of yours belong to the King?"

visualspice

He watched as she flattened down the hairs of her tails and set his gaping lips into a frown.
"Yes." And then he added with a brief nod. "She had been taken as a prisoner and I'm here to rescue her."

Ivory

"How do you know she still lives?" Em wondered, still watching him closely.  She hadn't been lying when she said there were no humans, princesses or otherwise, among the Heartless.  "How do you know she has not been devoured?  Unless she is a sorceress like yourself...?"

This last question was asked almost leadingly, for she did not know if it was true...

visualspice

Ashai shook his head.
"I do not wish to believe a woman with such a heart could be dead. The King of the Heartless, I know has taken her-a nd I wish to get her back. To find a way to free her of the chains he has placed upon her and to help the falling kingdoms before the darkness swallows them all whole."

Ivory

The tail, now relatively normal-sized, flicked back and forth behind her as she stared at him.  "How could someone so powerful be so naive?" she wondered out loud.  It was strange to think that with such power -- power enough to ward him against a demon -- he would still believe something so...

Well, stupid.

"So, what will you do?  Battle the King for the rights to her?"

Tags: