Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Kingdom of Hearts (M)

Started by visualspice, March 21, 2014, 03:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"The only unbecoming royal here I see is you. Some proclaimed King, a tyrant!" she snarled, finding herself stumbling and barely catching herself- but consequentially, she had to latch onto her captor to do it.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

Almost oblivious to the struggles of his captive, the Heartless King continued lumbering through the crowd with his prisoner in tow. He did not stop even briefly to allow her to catch her step, forcing her to stumble along after him.

They left behind all of the other Heartless and through two double doors that slammed shut behind them. One by one, the torches along the wall burst into soft blue flame, illuminating the room. For all intents and purposes, it could've passed for the royal chambers of any palace on the surface. Only everything in this room was glazed over in blackness.

Finally, Arkh'an let go of his grip and practically dropped her, before turning with a smile. "A King nonetheless, my little dove. And now your master."

visualspice

The princess snarled at him, baring her teeth.
"No King of mine. Nor master. I might be a prisoner, but I am here by choice, and what I see you, what I call you, will still be by choice. What you think of it, it can be your own delusion. And I regret no place in my step. My people.... they are free, and if my life unto you is how it comes, so be it. But do not think for a moment that you have truly won."
For she, herself, wanted to believe this as a moment of this powerful King's defeat.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

Her snarl was met by the King's own snarl, though his seemed more of a triumphant smile than anything. Her anger and unrepentant defiance amused and intrigued him for some reason. Maybe because he'd seen it before, once.

His love had once shown that same defiance. As if materializing out of nothing, the thought of her soft human features flashed through the King's mind and stunned him for a brief moment. That pure-hearted Princess, who had freely and willingly given herself to him. Somehow, it had changed him into something less than Heartless... and he hated it.

He realized then that he'd faltered for a second in front of Jai'un, caught up in his thoughts of the one woman who ever truly captured his heart, if he could call it his 'heart'. The amusement on his face quickly disintegrated into an irate roar at his own weakness. "Of course I have won! I always win in the end!" he snarled as he swept at her with a vicious backhand.

"You best start living by your choice then, human, lest our little deal be broken and I crush what remains of your city."

visualspice

The princess kept her head up high, and the faintest fear flashed within her defiant eyes. Her people were the reason she chose to enslave herself. She would not forget it.

"Then forgive me, my King," she told him with some salt, her eyes never once leaving his.

Cambie

"Good, that is more like it," he snarled at her, before turning his back to her. He had to. If nothing else than to hide his rage at having shown any sign of weakness to her at all. Ever since the first Princess had given her heart to him and in the process stolen a piece of him with her, he'd had to be careful with the way he presented himself. To the rest of his kind, he was still King of the Heartless. Human emotions were beneath him. Or were they?

Turning back, he reached out with his long fingers and roughly wiped the tears welling up in the corners of her eyes. "Weep not for yourself or your people. They are beyond you now. You should embrace the shadows."

visualspice

When his hand reached out to touch her, she flinched and tore her face away. Glaring now out into the darkness and towards the hordes of shadow creatures that plagued this land, she kept moving beside him but said nothing. SHe would not agree with him, even if she was forced to follow. Her fate was already sealed, but she could at least keep her pride until the end....
She just hoped losing her heart wouldn't be so.... painful. Though she imagined it would.

Cambie

It was a while before the King said anything else. In his silence, the darkness seemed to cause those dim blue lights to flicker dangerously, barely illuminating their surroundings. After all, these lights were only there for her courtesy, as the Heartless had no need of light to live in their natural black surroundings.

The fact that he was even extending such a small courtesy to her would have seemed strange to his shadowy minions - if they were in the vicinity to see it. But it was just him and her now. He turned to regard her again, and was again struck by how much she reminded him of her. The purity of her heart by itself threatened to cast away the domain of shadow he'd called over the two of them.

With a deep guttural voice, he rasped, "When this is over, you will feel no pain. No pain of emotions, of love, of hate, of anger. The human heart is weak. I will make you strong."

visualspice

"Strong?"
She could have laughed. Perhaps she did.
"You have no idea the strengths of the human heart. Of anger, of hate.." And her eyes flickered over his form, "And especially of love. Just do what you were going to do. You may take my heart, but you will never fully own it."

Cambie

"Emotions," the King retorted in disdain. "All weak pitiful things. I have no use for them." Though he did. Whatever the consumption of a pure heart had done to him, the worst was that it had flooded him with all these new human emotions. They were simultaneously wondrous and despicable. He loved them and hated them.

Leaning forward and glaring down at her, he slowly said, "But make no mistake. When I take your heart, it is mine forever. It belongs to me. Fully."

visualspice

Jai'un kept her head held defiantly.
"We'll just have to see."

Cambie

"We shall see," he echoed. With barely a flourish, he turned and headed back toward the door. Stopping there, he said without turning, "Spend this time knowing your surroundings. For this will be your home. Forever."

And then he disappeared into the shadows, leaving Jai'un alone in an unlocked room, with only a little glowing ball of blue flame hovering nearby to guide her way, for as soon as the king disappeared the rest of the flames extinguished.

visualspice

She promised herself she would not cry, but remain strong, even in the endless dark. But she could not help but feel her heart racing and beating within her ears. But thinking back to her people- and how her sacrifice would save them, helped to ease her rapid heart beats little by little. But the second she began to calm her breath,s he felt eyes upon her-
Though even as she tried to see who or what might be watching her, there was nothing but black.

She shivered, then felt something touch her leg, and before she knew it, she could hear the shadow creatures all around her.

Cambie

It was hard to pinpoint who (or what) exactly had grazed her leg, but the darkness revealed nothing. Nothing except for the soft skittering sound of movement around her. Something else brushed past her, close enough to feel, but too fleeting to determine its origin.

Like nighttime on the surface, the darkness brought about the strangest of sounds, as creatures of the evening awoke and joined together in a gentle symphony.

But down here, where night lasted an eternity, the sounds were cacophonous, rising in a crescendo that threatened to drown out all her senses as the shadow creatures sang her a mock serenade.

visualspice

She sucked in a breath as one shadowed creature moved as a breath about her legs, then one moved past her air, another ghosting through her hair. It was maddening, and the sounds- near deafening as she felt herself sweat as she tore away, not sure where she was running to in the blinding darkness as she cried out, and struck out in vein- for even the shadow creatures her sharp hair pin met with (for it was the only weapon on her person), she felt it go through them rather than tear at them as she blanched and grew frantic until she stumbled into a wall and found herself fighting sobs among her gasps.

Gods.. was this how it was to be? She shivered, hugging an arm around herself, and felt the wetness of tears trail down her face.

Was this her fate?

Cambie

The cacophony dragged on for what must've seemed like days, drowning out Jai'un's terrified sobs. But then soon they began fading away until silence overwhelmed the blackness.

Out of it emerged a pair of red glowing eyes, hovering over her curled up form. The King's familiar guttural voice echoed around her.

"They sing for you, Princess. They welcome you to our land. Your land, now."

visualspice

She gasped and whirled around, tears stained eyes wide as she held out the hair pin towards him viciously.

Cambie

The red eyes didn't even glance toward the hair pin as the shadow moved closer to her.

"You need not fear the darkness anymore. We will make you one of ours."

visualspice

"I will never embrace the darkness," she growled through her teeth. "I will never be one of yours. I will still now, and forever be, the Princess of my people. And this sacrifice, their salvation. Whatever tool you think to make of me, it will not be me, but some vacated spirit, a corruption- but no.... it won't be me."

Cambie

The shadows around the floating red eyes coalesced into a more solid form, the outline of the King barely visible among the blackness that pervaded the underground Kingdom.

"My dear," the voice cooed in mock sympathy, "You speak so soon of things not yet come to pass. Once I take your heart, you will inevitably see things differently."

A hand shot out of the darkness to snatch her by the shoulder.