Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In the company of strangers.... (Invite Only)

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, March 23, 2014, 03:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

((OoC: This thread takes place only a few days after Ollovico arrives in Le'Raana via ship. While he is fluent in Common at this point due to prior contact, he does have a habit of switching between Common and his native tongue.))

The rain pattered against the window pane like a drumroll from a marching snare as evening slowly creeped over the city. After weeks of being thrown around like a sack of potatoes on a second rate caravel in open water, after weeks of hearing nothing but the roar of great waves... Rain was surprisingly soothing for Ollovico.

As the poet gryphon sat there pondering, he took a passing look around the room. A small, cheap bed was the main feature. It wasn't very well made, as he could see more than a few pieces of straw poking up from under the sheets. A small rug decorated the floor, and the desk at which he sat was the only other piece of furniture in the small room. With a sigh, he turned back to the window. The rain would keep him company where his friend was absent. Then a thought came into his mind... And then a knock came at the door....

Anadwen

It's been days since finding any kind of job, and Thranuilas was both bored, and hungry. Nobody wanted to pay for either magic, or fighting - there was simply nothing to do! With oncoming winter, travel was fading, and nobody would sell him a horse for an empty pouch, either.

Music wasn't an option, because even though he still had his harp, an accident with an explosive had him burned. And so, he just wandered around the inn, searching for anything - anything at all - that would both entertain him, and earn him money.

There seemed to be a new visitor in that one room. What would happen if he'd ask? Most likely nothing... In the worst case, he could get frowned at, and shooed out.

He quickly ran up the stairs, and knocked onto the wooden door. One, two, three knocks.

Klezmer Gryphon

Ollovico was generally a very friendly gryphon. Not really one to get angry or annoyed, he usually would not have minded someone knocking at the door. However, after his rather unpleasant time at sea, he was not in the mood for socializing, wanting only to contemplate the rain. With a loud, frustrated sigh, he got up and flew over to the door; he was not happy.

"Wherefore doth thou infringe upon my solitude?! Ah- as long as I have had life have I never encountered such a pest as one that disturbs my hours of contemplation by the window! Begone ye from my door, sirrah! for I wish not to tarry with a crass miscreant who lacks even base understandings of courtesy!" the gryphon spouted before slamming the door with a loud wham! that echoed through the inn.

Anadwen

What he slammed it into, was, however, Thranuilas's outstretched arm.

At first, he was thunderstruck at the angry reaction he has received, but the rage in him arose as the gryphon went on with his monologue, and in the end, he put his arm into the door, to stop him from locking him out. What a hysterical creature!

Even though, to be honest, it hurt. He was sure it will leave a quite large mark on his pale skin for the next few weeks, but as if it mattered.

"I demand an apology for this... I was not meaning to disturb, but this is nothing but rudeness!" he called out after Ollovico, and crossed his arms on his chest, rubbing the place where the door hit his arm.

Tags: