Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

How to Take Care of Your Werewolf[M](Rhi!)

Started by Looshi, March 25, 2014, 05:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looshi

[Rated M for violence]

Night was falling on the city, and exhaustion laced Simone's very bones. The sweet scents of the perfumes of Esyrn found his nose, and he breathed in deep - so deep that he started coughing. After his moment, he glanced around the room, and towards the door. No one was there, no one saw him choking on air. That was the highlight of his evening, he figured. Simone had spent a long day hunched over his master's finance books; his hands moving quick with the quill pen, and his eyes darting from column to column. It wasn't a bad lot in life. At least where his was concerned. Jherna was kind to him, made sure he was fed and had a place to sleep and spent his time doing productive things. Even before he had been, sold into this slavery, he had been serving people. It was his calling - not many people would say that, he knew very well.

It had been six months since he came into Jherna's possession, having spent the worst time of his life being on 'sale' from people who shipped him far from Serendipity. It was a culture shock, at the very least; being in a bad place in a bad time did that to people. And that's what he called his experience. Simone didn't like to think about it, or dwell on it, or speak on it unless he was asked by his master. But his skin still bore the rough scars of where the shackles rubbed on his wrists. He didn't wear them here. For that, out of all things, he was grateful.

Simone sat back in the small wooden chair, the wound to his leg was afire and the pain was lacing upward. Sweat beaded on his forehead, and it wasn't from the heat. At this time of day, the sun was diminished, and the cool of the dark was spreading its fingers wherever it could go. He liked the evening the best, but he could not enjoy it. Not in that moment. He had even missed supper; having no appetite for the food they were serving. His teeth ached for something more. Something bloody. And that scared him.

He looked down at his leg, the wound was seeping and he could see it through the bandages he put on in mid afternoon. So far, he had gotten away with the explanation of that it was a vase that broke, one of the shards caught him in the leg. He didn't know how many believed him, but with his clumsiness it wasn't a hard lie to try and pull off. But he doubted he could keep lying for very long. The thought made him swallow a lump that had formed in his throat. Or he doubted he shouldn't keep the lie up for much longer.

His days were strange, and his nights stranger. He would wake up cold and shivering, remembering only fragments of his dreams; and they were always about The Hunt, as he liked to call it. It was a reoccurring theme these last three weeks. He wished his mind was playing tricks on him, he prayed to his gods that they were, but he had seen things. Things strange with his body. The wound, his thoughts raced, was growing fur around the edges of the broken skin, and smelt awful. He was trying to be strong about it, but perhaps that was the worst decision out of the lot.

Yet, what scared him the most, was that in moments he would lose himself in remembering The Hunt, or smelling the scent of the uncommon meat in Essyrn, his heart would beat quicker, and his body would pulse like something was trying to get out; rip through his skin. He wasn't afraid of the thought of a monster, he was afraid that it was him.

Simone closed the book in front of him. That was enough for today. He bit at his bottom lip, weighing his choices.

He was going to tell Jherna. And perhaps she would have him killed, for the sake of safety or mercy. Maybe that would be for the best. Simone's eyes stung at that idea, and he wiped at them.

It wasn't hard to find his master; a couple of inquires lead him towards her garden. He hated the idea of disturbing her, but he steeled himself for a reprimand. He walked in, limping, the pain in his leg was making it hard to stand. He kept on.

"M-m-master Jherna?" He said as he spotted her, his voice quiet and uncertain. "I-I deeply apologize for d-disturbing you. But m-may we speak?"

Rhindeer

Jherna's garden was a guilty pleasure, and she loved nothing more than to spend time out in it when she finished her work and the scorching sun had sank low on the horizon. It was the perfect time of day--warm, but not uncomfortable--and today there was a nice breeze carrying with it the scent of pomegranate.

Sitting under a large palm tree that was heavy with dates, Jherna leaned against the scratchy base and read from a book, a pair of spectacles sitting low on her nose. It was some Serenian tale that she had picked up from a trader out of curiosity, but so far it was proving...a little too silly for her. But it was also a romance, and silly, whimsical, love-at-first-sight romance stories didn't really do it for her. She liked a good love story, sure, but where were the epic battles?! The intrigue?! The politics?! She sighed and turned the page. Maybe it would get better...

And okay, it wasn't that bad. The silliness was actually entertaining.

She snacked on a date fruit as she read, taking a break after the work she'd done in her garden. (For she actually preferred to do a lot of the work herself; it was relaxing.) But no sooner did she find herself beginning to grow engrossed with the story than she heard footsteps. Looking up and pushing her reading glasses back, she saw none other than Simone. Oh, Simone. Always so worried he was bothering her. But she didn't mind, really. He was pleasant company, if timid as a mouse, but she found him rather cute in his bumbling way.

And he was intelligent. He did all the awful bookkeeping that she so hated, and that absolutely thrilled her.

Jherna smiled and shook her head. "Now Simone, you know this is my down time..."

She trailed off, eyes sharpening and smile fading.

His awkwardness was not unusual, but the distress in his face was. And that limp...still limping after that accident with the vase? How long had it been now?

She closed the book with a snap and set it aside, removing her glasses and placing them atop the book. "Simone? Is everything all right?" she asked, and sat up straighter, motioning him closer. "Come here, come talk to me. What's going on?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Looshi

"I-I do deeply apologize, master Jherna. If it wasn't of u-utmost importance I wouldn't have brought it to your attention." He said, trying to steady his voice to show he was serious, and not some little rabbit being anxious about a small problem. Simone's nerves tightened as he saw his master's features sharpen. He bit at the inside of his cheek, but came closer when Jherna beckoned.

"M-my leg..." He stuttered out, and perhaps that wasn't the best way to start. He cursed himself and fiddled with his hands. What did he do then? Did he just blurt it out 'I think I'm becoming a werewolf'? how could she ever take him serious after that? He took a deep breath in.

"I was... Bitten by some animal." He said - he hadn't seen it clear in his sight; the sun had been setting and the memory was now a blur of pain. Whatever it was, it had a purpose; that showed in how he survived and was not mauled to death. It worried him sometimes.

"This is going to sound silly." He continued, meeting his master's eyes. "But I'm being utterly serious. I-I think it was a w-werewolf. I-I-I don't want to put anyone in danger! I'm sorry!"

He steeled himself for a coarse word, and a telling of how he was just overworked and tired. His mind playing tricks on him. Only that it wasn't.

Rhindeer

"You think...you think you're becoming a werewolf."

Jherna said it slowly, expression blank as she looked him in the eyes. It was an utterly absurd statement, but there was genuine fear and conviction in his eyes, and his voice carried that fear. But that didn't mean anything; people scared themselves sick all the time by thinking they'd seen something that wasn't there. She was just as guilty of that!

And a werewolf? Really? Of all the things...

"Oh, Simone," she said at last, and pat the ground next to her. "Here, come sit with me. Let me see that leg, okay? Here."

Rising up onto her knees, she pressed a hand to his forehead. "Have you been feeling well lately, Simone? Getting enough sleep? I know the new ledgers are a little more work intensive and detailed..."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Looshi

Simone's swallowed down a lump in his throat and sat down beside his master. He knew she wouldn't believe him. It was hard to believe it himself. But he felt; he knew deep down in his soul that he was changing. The nervous fellow flinched under Jherna's touch, not expecting it.

"No, no the new ledgers are not a problem..." He said, his brow furrowing. Not taking anymore time, he unwrapped his leg. It was still light enough to see the wound, and all it's strangeness; the fur growing around the edges, the look of it not healing and the smell. He wrinkled his nose.

"T-t-there's something w-wrong, master Jherna." He said, his bright blue eyes looking into hers. She couldn't deny that much, even if she didn't believe him.

Rhindeer

Indeed, Jherna couldn't deny that something wasn't right. When Simone unwrapped his leg and revealed the wound, Jherna recoiled in disgust, nose crinkling. "Of course something's wrong! It's obviously infected!" she said. "It's--is that fur?"

She her breath and leaned in for a closer look, pushing her glasses up further onto the bridge of her nose. Because that wasn't just leg hair growing around the room. That was thick! And Hakeshna, that smell! She got another whiff of it and had to lean away from it, fighting back the urge to gag.

There was no doubt, however, that that wound was not made by a broken shard of vase. That was definitely a bite.

"Oh dear," she murmured, grimacing. "Oh dear. We...we have got to get you to a doctor at once. Why did you let the wound fester so? Goddess, Simone, you should have told me it was so bad! Come, come, wrap that up! Let's get going now!"

Already she was on her feet, book shut and robes arranged, concern writ on every line of her face. "Why it's growing that hair, though...ye gads, that's...you really let it go far! No wonder you think you're turning!"