Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Get Him Out Of That Den [Open on invite]

Started by Anadwen, April 07, 2014, 10:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

The grin suddenly changed. There was a little bit of insanity flashing through it...

"I'm sorry...." he said, pretending to casually glance down at his hands. And then, he leaped up, onto Vel like a hurricane. His body was arched as it was thrown up, good two meters in height, and spinning around, with the blade swung around to give it velocity. It flashed with a crimson lightning along the blade.

"...Did you say something about not wanting to fight?" he finished his statement, collapsing onto Vel like a whirlwind. His speed was... Insane, considering how withered his figure appeared to be.

DaGlobster

Vel just barely managed to get out of the way, thankful for his idea to charge up his mechanisms. As he came to a rolling stop and quickly stood back up, he switched himself into combat mode. Underneath his plates, his inner body started glowing a dim blue, and his arm runes started glowing brightly. His arms were sheathed in blue energy. "Are you mad? First, you throw your own friend through a table, and now you're losing yourself. Snap out of it!"

Anadwen

Arthfael was just about to charge with a deadly fast blow, when Nill stood up, although with shards of wood in her dress, and breathing heavily, she grabbed a large metal tube from one of the shelves.

"Stop being an idiot, Arthfael, and use your smoked-out brain!" she roared at him, and hit him in the back of the head with the full force of the metal tube. Off course, the sheer weight of it immediately knocked him out. His body collapsed into the floor like a bunch of rags.

Nill took a deep breath, still gripping the tube. "Sorry for that, Vel. His head is kinda messed up. But yeah, here's your legendary Hawk..." she sighed.

DaGlobster

The glow inside Vel's chassis died away, and he lowered his arms, returning to how he looked before the fight. He looked down at Arthfael for a few moments, and crossed his arms. "It's hardly his fault. He's been cooped up in here for too long, I can tell. It's driving him mad, Nill." He said in a sad tone, and squatted down to get a closer look, especially at his cut down ears. "I assume he attacked me because he's been laying low for the past years?"

Anadwen

Nill sighed. "He attacked you because you were about to break his cover. He could die if you did so, do you realize it?" Her voice became a hiss at the end of her statement, and she put the tube back onto the shelf. "He's gonna sob like a kid when he wakes up... God, I hate hurting him, but sometimes nothing but a strong right hook will stop him from acting dumb."

She bent down and picked up her unconscious friend, almost effortlessly holding his nearly gaunt body up in her arms, and carried him over to the back room. She laid him onto the bed with care, and quickly returned back.

DaGlobster

Vel made a motion with his head, as if he was trying to imply that he was rolling his eyes. "I wasn't going to tell anyone, swear on my ticking heart." He said, and raised a hand to where his chin would be. "Actually, I want to help. Partly to apologize, and partly because...well...I'm kind of a big fan of him, and would like to see him better." Vel explained.

Anadwen

"A fan of him?" Nill first raised a brow, and then burst out in laughter that bordered with being hysterical. "Of him? Please. Tell me you're not serious."

"And help with what? You just gotta let him wake up. He'll survive it without any consequences..." she shrugged then.

DaGlobster

Vel crossed his arms, giving off a sigh. "Why wouldn't I be a fan? I was...well I guess you could call it raised during his time. My creation's a complicated story that I'll have to tell you later, but I also think you misunderstand me." He said,  placing one set of hands on his waist. "I want to see if I can help make him better from...all of this.." He said, motioning around to the various things in the store. "I know a developing condition when I see one, and eventually, Arthfael's going to reach a breaking point. To be frank, I'm pretty sure that this calm life as a merchant's killing him."

Anadwen

Nill sighed deeply. "That's not the problem. He really likes the shop and this life. He told me that he's too 'damaged' to be a pirate or to fight, and that he's better off here. That he enjoys it, and doesn't miss the days of his youth. The problem is that he is hunted. That fear is what is truly killing him - the fear of being found one day and sliced up piece by piece."

They both were, but most hatred was focused on Arthfael. And even though he didn't mind this life, he did mind being constantly in hiding. "Look, if you had a whole bunch of killers perpetually on your neck, you'd go mad, too. I don't blame him."

DaGlobster

"I see..." Vel said, looking around. "It appears I have misjudged him, I apologize." He added, and sighed again, idly twiddling his thumbs.

"Say..." He started, and he leaned inquisitively towards Nil.

"...I might just have an idea, but I'm sure he'd never agree to it." Vel mentioned. "I might know a way to get the hunters off of his back." He added.

Anadwen

A spark of fire was lit in Nill's blue eyes. "What way? Tell me!" She immediately straightened her back, and prepared to listen as carefully as possible. Any way to get rid of the cult would be good... At least they could both finally live their lives...

She sat down onto the edge of the desk, and crossed her legs, her eyes seemingly glued to Vel.

DaGlobster

Vel raised his hands defensively, and waved them nervously. "Okay, do remember that I think this idea's insane." He said, and sat down next to her.

"I know a spell that's designed to preserve bodies in the exact same manner they die. It works by putting all of the flesh into a time-warp stasis. This means that it freezes everything in place, including the blood and muscles. When preserved like this, not even the color leaves the skin." He explained, and placed his hands together.

"Now, here's the crazy part. We have Arthfael lie down, and I'll cast the spell on him. Once he enters a temporal lock, we...we sever his head. Because his body's locked in a time warp, this won't actually kill him. I take the head, turn in the bounty for myself, and bring it back, where I'll magically mend it back into place. Arthfael keeps his sanity, there's no more hunters on his back, and he gets a tidy sum of cash to top it all off."

Anadwen

"That's a pretty clever idea... And he might actually agree." Nill laughed roughly. "But how would you manage to get the head back on?" she questioned him, raising a brow. That was the sole major mistake of this theory. How could one get someone's head to connect with his body once severed?

"Besides, are you sure the spell would work? And are you sure the cult would let you keep the head?" Another little plothole. How can one be so sure about those freaks?

DaGlobster

"Please Nil, you underestimate me. I have mechanical precision on my side, I can magically reattach his head with little to no problems. After that, I'd take the spell off, and it'd be like nothing ever happened to him. Trust me on this one." He said, placing a hand on his chest. Then, she brought up the issue of the possibility that the cult might want to keep the head, and he visibly wilted. "Yes, I do suppose that's a problem. I suppose that I'll have to brush up on my acting skills, insist on keeping the head because I'm some kind of psychopath or something..." He muttered. "...Perhaps they'll let me keep the head if I bargain for a reduced bounty..." He continued, placing the bottom of head on his knuckles.

Anadwen

Nill smiled a little. Her full lips formed a slight arch, and she dropped her arms onto her knees, softly crossing them over each other. Her fingertips connected, and she took a deep breath before speaking. "That might be a good idea after all... Though, you do keep the head in the same kind of spell, right? If yes, even he himself might agree to it. We just... Have to wait till he wakes up, I'm afraid! It was quite the strong blast into the head I gave him. Tell me..." The smile became mischievous, "Do you think that spell could fix his crazy brain?"

DaGlobster

Vel shook his head. "Of course the spell will also affect his head, Nill! If it didn't, I wouldn't be suggesting it." Vel explained, and continued to listen to her.

"Fix his brain? No, that's psychological. But, once he's free of his burdens,  he's sure to make a healthy recovery, free of all the stress and paranoia he had before." Vel said. Although he had no face, there was an impression of a smile coming off of him.

Suddenly, his tone changed and he pointed a finger at her. "If I do this for you, however, you owe me that "dance". Deal?" He asked, and extended one of his arms for a shake.

Anadwen

"If it will work out, I'll give you a special special one." Nill gave him a seductive wink, and one of her hands ran up to the sleeve of her shirt, sliding it down her shoulder a little. She shook his hand, and smiled at him. If Arthfael would be finally free of that burden... Then they would BOTH be safe.

"Should I go and wake him up?" she asked then.

DaGlobster

Vel thought for a moment before nodding. 'Yes go wake him up and explain my plan to him. I need to work on my appearance a bit. Let him know I'm changing how I look as well..." He said, and stood up from where he was sitting. He thought for a bit, before casting an appearance spell on himself, making himself look like he was made of dark, foreboding metal instead of a mix of wood and gold. His orb head turned an evil shade of red, and he grew blades on his forearms.

Anadwen

Nill gave him a nod, and disappeared behind the curtain, dividing the shop itself from Arthfael's living premises. Yeah, it seemed like a good idea... Risky, but good none the less.

After about half an hour, she returned, followed by a groggy and somewhat confused-looking Arthfael with his hands in his hair. At first, his blue and green eyes narrowed at the sight of Vel, and he frowned a little, but then the pieces of information seemed to fall into place, and he nodded. "I'm not sure if I should believe ya 'bout this..." he sighed.
Nill gave him a confused look, but then she herself understood. Yes, they couldn't be sure that it would surely work... And yet...

"Try it on me first." she suggested, sitting into the armchair behind Arthfael's desk. "Use the spell on me, and take my head off. Then, sew it back. If I will not wake up..." she took a deep breath.
"If she will not wake up, I will smite you to pieces." he added. She gave him a nod.
"And I want to be there as you take the bounty. I want to be sure that you don't betray us." Nill reminded him. "I can easily tell them that I lured Arthfael into a trap."

DaGlobster

Vel released another sigh from his back vent, and nodded. "Very well, Nill. Lie down on this table here." He said, walking over to a cluttered table and carefully clearing it up. He held up one of his arms, and a long, collapsible blade popped out of his wrist, nearly three feet long. The other three arms were spread out, building up the magic necessary for the spell.

Once Nill got all settled down, on the table, he'd place one hand on her hair, clutching it tightly, another on her heart, and a third on her forehead. She'd feel herself going numb, and after a minute, she would go completely stiff, and her body would freeze up, her chest no longer going up and down.

From her perspective, everything went dark, like she had nodded off to sleep.

To test it, Vel tried to lift one of her arms, only to find it frozen in its spot, impossible to move. She was now time-locked.

Without wasting any time, Vel promptly severed her head, catching it just before it hit the ground, and holding it up for a few moments. It didn't bleed, so it was further proof the spell was working. The sword went back into his wrist, and he went to work reattaching her head. Using two arms to hold it in place, Vel conjured a spectral thread and needle, and sowed her head back on perfectly. He snapped his fingers on one hand, and the threads disappeared, knitting the flesh, nerves, and spine back together and leaving no trace of the injury.

He placed his hands back on her heart and forehead, and she'd slowly come back, albeit feeling really numb and having a slight pain on her neck. "Numbing's a side effect. Give it an hour or two, and you'll feel perfectly fine." Vel said, holding a hand out to help her off the table.

Tags: