Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome!

Started by Anadwen, April 28, 2014, 11:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

"Unwed?" he masked the interest with a look of concern - and partly also sorrow. "My mind doesn't simply grasp how a woman of such beauty could not be married by now..." he mused, shaking his head. "Well, hopefully both of us will be fortunate enough to enjoy the sweet joys of marriage soon." he wished then, and raised his glass.

"To luck." he wished simply. The meaning of that could be interpreted in many means, just like he wished for it to...

He's only ever met one woman that tamed him. One woman he'd chase, and that woman was gone like ashes in the wind, leaving a burning emptiness inside him. Yes, this girl was pretty and had wealthy noble parents, but she was shy and disquieted... There was no passion in her.

Oh, whatever. Once married, he could find a new one each month, and nobody could ever complain. Only fools wed for love.

visualspice

"So how long shall the foreigner entertain us with her dance?" Melora inquired, seeming almost bored of it.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Anadwen

"As long as you may wish, my lady." he replied simply, waving his hand at it. "Would you, by any chance, wish to dance yourself? The main hall is prepared, though a little cold, as it did not yet have the time to heat up completely."

visualspice

"So are you suggesting we dance now as civilized beings after such an.. exotic display?" Melora asked, her voice raising subtly at the thought.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Anadwen

"Indeed." Lucien nodded. The essyrni dancer stopped moving as the couple of servants entered the room, and led her back out. "Now that we have seen such a spectacular performance, we could just as well try to move our own bones and... Digest this dinner." he joked.

visualspice

"Very well, then I accept your invitation to a dance," Melora said, brows raising expectantly. She very much expected him to offer her his hand and help her to stand, as any gentleman should.

Anadwen

With a soft, confident smile, Lucien stood up, and made his way to Melora's chair, bowing slightly, and offering her a hand. "Thank you. It will be a pleasure for the halls of my residence to host a woman of your beauty and majesty."

visualspice

The Duchess gave a nod, and took his hand and lifted herself gracefully from the chair. Leaving the others to now simply follow after them. As was customary, the men would seek out a dancing partner, and as Melora shifted to move with Lucien out onto the ballroom floor, internally she was smiling. It seemed the Grand Duke was polite enough to offer her daughter a dance. Good. Let the man know what he was missing. His hussy of a wife was nothing compared to her perfect Aella. To think, the man would allow such rumors to spread about that the Grand Duchess was having an affair with a mage, and thief no less! It was scandalous to say the least, but so were her own thoughts towards Lucien. He was a handsome man, as was her own husband, but this man was so much younger, but barely by a decade. It was refreshing to see someone so eager to please her- but then again, most were.

Perhaps this was just a breath of fresh air for the Duchess. Or... perhaps she was almost wanting it to be more.  There had been rumors that before her marriage to the Duke of Hellvion, she had eyes for the Duke of Orchy. But whatever rumors that were speculated behind that were snuffed out early on when Melora so lavishly was displayed, not even a year later after Orchy's duke was married, that she too, became wed to a duke and crowned a high ranking noble woman herself.

But it wasn't love. It never was, and both she and her husband knew it. She just had wished to produce an heir, for as lovely as Aella was, and all of the fame that came about due to her beauty was not enough to secure the crown to her own blood line.

No...
No.

The crown was going to someone else. And her husband refused to bed her these past few years so any success in carrying his heir was more or less negated and accepted never to happen. Though she was old, she wasn't that old, but hse knew the risks of daring to have a child this stage in her life. She was already in her forties, her early forties, but she barely looked to be much older than her own daughter.

She took care of herself well, and barely a wrinkle could be seen on her body. Though some grey hairs threatened to creep in, dark hair dye sought to fix that. So to anyone gracing their eyes upon the fair Duchess Melora of Hellvion, they'd see someone of impeccable and timeless beauty and grace.  But beneath the surface of such perfection lurked something far darker and dangerous than most could ever imagine.

So as she took Lucien's hand within her own, she waited for the music to start so their dance could begin.

Anadwen

Lucien let his eyes feast on the fair form of the Dutchess as the musicians took their place in this far larger hall. It was cold inside, but the interior was a pride of his self - he made a work of art from his father's old residence. The walls were tall and the ceiling high, with a number of chandeliers hanging from them. The floor, laid out with tiles of dark oak wood, emptied to leave space to dance.

Another melody, dance-like and brisk, started playing, and Lucien gracefully led Melora to the middle of the hall, confident in himself. He was a good dancer, with the grace and swift moves that one needed to be such, and his white coat, adorned by thick fur of wolves at the trim and shoulders, made him appear even more majestic.

He glanced down at Melora, holding her hand very gently, and bowed to her before he took her to dance.

The dutchess was sure a beautiful woman, appearing ageless, and he himself had a similar charm. Very few would guess his true nature even if they knew him for a long time.

For Lucien Thornwood wasn't the man who he now seemed to be.

The hands, now adorned by a silver ring on one of his fingers, were stained by blood. He was a bastard in both literal, and metaphorical sense - just thanks to his wit he wasn't still lurking through the streets like a killer, like a beast, searching for his prey. He was a wolf in a sheep's skin that made his way towards the fattest meat in this disguise.

He carried the dutchess in a brisk, airy dance through the room, moving with elegance that could match even the essyrni dancer. Despite his sharp appearance and age - for he was no longer so young as he appeared to be - he did know how to dance better than most.

visualspice

"You seem to know your dance steps," Melora complimented, smiling broadly at the way he handled such a dance. And it had been a while since someone had taken her up on an offer to dance to something to lively and bold a tune.

Anadwen

"Oh, thank you. You seem to be an very good dancer yourself, my lady." he replied, taking a large turn in the corner of the hall to whirl through it in the complicated pattern of dance again.

visualspice

"So tell me, how did a man such as yourself come to be in such a position? Most regents are about as old as the Grand Duke's adviser. I'm surprised he decided to go with someone of your age." Not that he was too much younger than herself, really...

Anadwen

"That's a long story." he replied thoughtfully. "After I inherited my father's wealth, I started caring more about politics and building my career. I had a few acquaintances that suggested me for the position of the regent... Though, I don't believe in luck, so I suppose it must have been some good rumors that got into the ears of his Highness." he chuckled.

visualspice

"I see. And what sort of good rumors?" The woman inquired, genuinely interested, for she herself, hadn't heard much of a peep about this man. And that in itself was intriguing.

Anadwen

"That I am a hard-working, ambitious and intelligent young man." Lucien smirked. "And that is simply quoting the words of those that gave life to those rumors. To find out whether they are true... Well, I shall not boast. See for yourself."

visualspice

"And those are good traits indeed, but one needs more than just that to maintain a nation," and Melora slid her gaze over towards the Grand Duke and her daughter and frowned. As usual, the Grand Duke held a stoic expression, and her daughter, smiling as radiantly as she usually did. It seemed just about no one had an effect on that man. And it made Melora grow bitter. She desired power,a nd her daughter was just another tool. Too bad his wife hadnt died during her child's birth...
Aella would be a lovely choice if he were to remarry...

Peering back towards Lucien, she continued to fall in step with him.
"At least you've got elegant skills in dancing. I suppose you could put that on your resume?" she told him with a small smile.

Anadwen

"Along with hunting and swordplay." he corrected her. "Thank you for the compliment." He picked her up for a moment to perform one of the more complicated steps in the dance, and put her back down, fleetly and gently.

This woman was one that could be of much use if he could just make her go in the right direction. Or her daughter...

visualspice

Melora's heart fluttered, something that had not happened in ages. Or.. perhaps it was her stomach, but the faintest of blushes graced her cheeks at such a move, and her smile grew as she caught her husband's gaze from the corner of her eye. The man had never suspected his wife to ever cheat on him, even though it was obvious he was cheating on her-
But that did not mean her heart was not fair game for her to use to woo others...

And she might have caught sight of the most appropriate of preys.

It was here the dance ended, and everyone rose their hands up in applause.
"A lovely dance, Lord Thornwood,"s he said with a deep bow of her head.

Anadwen

"Thanks to you, my lady." Lucien bowed back to her, giving her one of his charming, confident smiles. "Maybe now a short visit to the courtyard would come fit? My servants have prepared fireworks to be launched on my order."

It was true. Behind the residence, a group of his men had a whole load of colorful rockets ready to be fired for their lord. More import goods - this time from Thanatos.

Wasn't it fortunate to have friends around the countries?

visualspice

"Fire works? My goodness, are we celebrating something here today?" Melora inquired, but it was hard to tell if she was being patronizing or actually impressed. Or.. perhaps a mixture of both.