Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome!

Started by Anadwen, April 28, 2014, 11:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

"We are celebrating our meeting, off course." he replied, taking her hand. "Shall you need it, there is a thick cape prepared for every guest. It appears it is snowing outside."

With that, he turned to the rest of his guests. "I would be honored to show you the next surprise I have prepared for this evening, though, for this one, we will need to leave the residence... This particular kind of 'import goods'," he chuckled at the word a little, "requires the night sky to be presented in its full beauty."

visualspice

"Interesting you wish us all to go out and play in the snow," Melora stated, eyeing the man over. "And capes? I see you're sparing no expense."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Anadwen

"I would never even try to consider that with guests of your importance." Lucien responded with confidence, and led his guests out of the hall. As they returned to the gate, in the hallway, a couple of his servants came in, carrying capes, lined with grey wolf fur, similar to the coat Lucien himself wore. The white fabric with an exquisite trim and underside had a deep hood that would hide them from the falling snow, too - fortunately, it was not snowing now.

visualspice

The guests were all gracious in accepting the gift of capes, even Vesrik went out of his way to compliment the young Lord on his selection, and Aella too, made a comment about how soft and pretty hers was. Though there as no snow fall when they got outside, the sky was clear. A perfect night to star gaze and Aella shivered inside her cape and peered up at the sky.

"It's lovely. Like a sea of sparkling diamonds," she said.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Anadwen

"I quite agree." Lucien nodded, leading them onto the courtyard. The dark sky was soon lit by a dim glow, coming from behind the residence, before a rocket came sparkling like a star, falling in reverse, and high up in the sky it broke into myriads of sparkling shards.

It seemed like the fireworks were a good idea.

visualspice

At each burst of color and light, the crowd watched in wander. Even the Grand Duke, who seemed stiff all of the time and never jovial, had his gaze held captive by the display. Vesrik had brought out his wine, swishing it within his goblet, while Aella's eye grew large and shined with the reflection of the fireworks over head.

Melora, however, hung back, while the rest of them were gazing about and gasping at such colors and twinkling lights, she strolled over towards the edge of the balcony and peered out over the edge, purposely making herself stand alone.

Anadwen

Lucien cautiously approached Melora from the side, giving her a short gaze before his eyes returned to the sky. A slight smile was on his lips as he watched a multitude of smaller white rockets fly up in a large arch, afterwards crowned by an outright huge blue and bronze one. It took on the form of a huge flower, and every spark that was sent flying down then made a smaller flower of its own.

"I hope you are enjoying this evening, my lady." he spoke silently.

visualspice

"But of course. One can not boast they have a more perfect, clearer sky than those skies of Hellvion."

Anadwen

"They are spectacular. I doubt I could have chosen a better evening for fireworks." Lucien agreed, once again giving the graceful figure of the Dutchess beside himself a short glance.

visualspice

Melora knew full well he was admiring her form,s he could just about feel those eyes upon her. Though she kept her tone even, eyes to the sky.
"I will have to consider using fireworks more often at the castle. We only have them for very special events."

Anadwen

A small smile appeared on Lucien's lips. "They are a spectacular display. These in particular were brought from Thanatos by an acquaintance of mine... Maybe I could get him to bring another few as a gift for you, my lady."

visualspice

"Such a generous offer, Lord Thornwood. It's.. interesting to see a man in your such position having acquaintances with those of the islands," she stared at him, almost in disinterest, but that was just how she displayed herself. It was, after all, about how others perceived her. And she had to keep up that certain Helllvion snobbery because well...
It's just what was expected,a nd how it was just to be.

"Do you make frequent connections there often?"

Anadwen

"Oh, my friend is the one that has connections there. I have never visited Thanatos, but I have several merchant acquaintances that travel frequently between Le'raana and the islands. Exotic import goods such as these are always in demand." he explained, shrugging slightly. It was true - he has never visited the islands.

Though, he visited many other places where he made his 'acquaintances'. Many of those were useful to be connected to publicly, while the shadier ones were better kept secret. Though, if he needed something, he had people to ask for it.

visualspice

"That's a shame. I could have asked you how it was like, but I suppose it's for the better. I heard those... islands, they're... not too civilized,"s he said with a sniff.

Anadwen

"Oh, not really." Lucien replied, putting his hands in leather gloves down onto the rail. Another bunch of beautiful red flowers exploded in the sky. "That acquaintance of mine described the islands from which these fireworks come as rather civilized, clean and orderly. Their healers are said to be on a level even higher than here. Though, I have heard bad things, too. They are said to communicate with spirits, and mages are held highly in their society. Strange people." he concluded.

His tall, lean figure leaned onto the rail, bending over a little. Even beneath the thick coat, his shouderblades appeared rather pronounced, stretching the fabric. He brushed some snow off his sleeve, and kept gazing at the sky.

visualspice

"Yes... those who worship magics are as uncivilized as they come. To think, they remain content to be ignorant in their sins."
ANd she grew quiet, keeping her gaze upon the fireworks and said no more, while observing him from the corner of her gaze. Best to let him speak or strike up more conversations if he wished. That way,s he could have him oblige her with information without even having to pry. Those with a social tongue were always so eager to impress. She just hoped Lucien was one of them. So far, she had been right.

Anadwen

Lucien grew silent for a long time, waiting to get some information out of Melora spontaneously. To his eyes, she seemed like a rather social woman, and she appeared to have a quick tongue, too, though he wasn't too fast to judge that. Better let her come up with something by herself to observe her better, he thought, and pulled the collar of his coat higher to hide his neck from the wind.

A few long hairs of the fur brushed against his jaw in a gust of wind.

visualspice

Melora was too smart of a woman to just simply allow too much to flow from her own tongue, so after feigning impression from his firework display, she inquired, "So how many of these do you possess? We have seen so many of them dancing in the sky, each one unique in it's own fanfared perfection."

Anadwen

With a hint of a smile, Lucien glanced down at Melora. "As many as you wish, milady. I'm pleased that they are to your liking." he replied silently, the slightest hint of mischief in his silky voice.

A rather large rocket flew up, leaving a burned-out trail behind itself. "Look... It's the biggest - and last one for tonight..." he spoke; and like an answer to those words, the rocket exploded into a huge burst of crimson and golden. For a moment, it took on the appearance of a great dragon, mouth agape and wings outstretched, and spiralling right towards the balcony the stood on. But before it's huge sight would reach it, it broke, crumbling into glimmering crimson and gold that slowly faded away.

visualspice

Melora was more than impressed at such a sight, but kept her expression neutral, even as her eyes dazzled at the display. As the rest ooed and awed, she remained a tranquil figure, with the exploding colors dancing across her form. And at the conclusion of such a display, as was customary, everyone applauded such a show, and even the Duke of Hellvion approached Lucien to show his gratitude.

"Splendid display. The fireworks were simply marvelous."

But Melora held her tongue and took perch on her husband's arm, saying nothing, but remaining a cool and collected figure at his side.