Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What A Load of Croc!

Started by visualspice, May 01, 2014, 11:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Basket

Cassius watched as Red Sun seemed to have gotten knocked out and started sinking.

"Damn it, Sunny," Cassius mumbled.

Knowing that Red Sun's companion could not swim and that his own slaves were definitely not planning on going after her, Cassius dove in. Despite only having one hand, he was still a decent swimmer and it didn't take him long to reach the sinking Red Sun. Cassius slid his hook beneath her collar and began swimming to the surface. Hopefully that croc would be distracted long enough for him to get out of the water.

visualspice

She wasn't sure what was happening- the world around her was thrown into chaos. But when she felt a pull, she suddenly lashed out with whatever strength she had left. If a crocodile was to eat her, at least she could fight to the end. But the moment she began her underwater battle, her eyes opened and she gasped.

Cassius?
And by then she had taken in too much water that it finally began to choke the life out of her as her eyes rolled back and she went still.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

The cock thrashed beneath her spear, but Yasmin held it steady, gritting her teeth and leaning all her weight into it. Adjusting her grip, she gave the spear a quick, vicious twist, and the croc spasmed violently and then went still, save for some twitching. It always took a while before reptiles realized they were dead.

Her heart beat wildly in her chest, because during all this, she wasn't unaware of what had happened. Red Sun was in the water, Cassius had gone in after her, and meanwhile she could see more movement in the waters around them as more and more crocs were attracted to the blood and commotion. But Yasmin could do nothing to help them; she wasn't going in that water!

The only thing she could do was try to keep the other crocs occupied, to fight them off as well as she could.

Not before she got her kill, of course.

She pulled the croc's body toward her boat, planted her foot on its belly, and wrenched her spear free. Then, reaching into the water, she hefted it into her boat with a grunt. It was smaller than the last one, only about six feet with the tail, but sill formidable. Then, standing again, she watched the waters with her spear raised and ready, her stomach a mess of nerves. She didn't know either Cassius or Red Sun longer than this afternoon, but she still didn't want to see anyone get torn apart by a giant lizard! She wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

"Hurry up, you two..."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Wicked Basket

Cassius hauled himself up onto his overturned boat with Red Sun in tow. It looked like that other slave that Red Sun was with managed to get a kill. Perhaps now they would leave him alone.

Cassius drug Red Sun up onto the boat next to him.

"Alright, Sunny, wake up," Cassius said nudging her. "Fun's over."

visualspice

But she didn't wake up, and remained a limp pile on his boat, her too long of hair a soggy heap all around her, looking very much like a large, bright red clump of sea weed clinging to her form.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

Cassius nudged her again, harder this time.

"Come on, Sunny, this isn't funny. We're going to die. Let's go."

Despite his prodding, Red Sun still didn't move. Was she dead? Red Sun touched his two fingers to the side of her neck to check for a pulse. He didn't feel anything.

"Goddamnit, Sunny," Cassius mumbled.

Cassius turned to Yasmin. He was going to ask her if she knew how to do mouth-to-mouth, but then he figured that their was no way a slave would know that. Cassius knew plenty of people that would rather die than have a slave put their lips on them. All of a sudden, Cassius was in control of whether Red Sun lived or died. Should he revive her? If he did, then all of his credibility as a slave trader would be last. It was already badly damaged after the whole giant snake fiasco. Should he let her die? If he let her die then he would lose the closest thing to a friend that he ever had. Sure she hated his guts, but she at least talked to him, which is more than anyone else ever did. He would also never get to face her in combat again if she were to die by drowning.

Cassius sighed. He was absolutely certain that he would regret this. Brushing Red Sun's hair out of her face, he sealed their lips together and blew into her mouth. After two big breaths, he pushed on her stomach five times before blowing into her mouth again. He could not believe he was actually doing this.

visualspice

Her chest rose, her lips parting when suddenly, she was spitting out water and gasping for air. The water threatened to return to her throat, and she jerked to the side, and continued coughing out water and gasping desperately for air, her face churning through shades of blue and red.

Wicked Basket

As soon as Red Sun began her coughing fit, Cassius immediately straightened up and wiped his lips with the back of his hand. Hopefully she wouldn't ask about the specific details of her rescue.

"About time," Cassius said to the sputtering Red Sun. "We're being surrounded by several unhappy scaly things that are looking for a snack."

visualspice

Still coughing out water, she groaned and peered up at him,t hen at the world around her. For a moment, she looked lost, then she looked pissed as her head darted around, "Where is my spear!?" How the hell could she fight off any approaching crocodiles without it? But as she tried to stand, she stumbled and the boat rocked lightly- nearly tipping her off into the waters again, but she managed to catch herself at the side, just in time to watch the angry mouth of a crocodile snap at her from the waters. Out of habit, she reared back and grabbed at it's biting jaws, throwing it aside as she fell onto the bottom of Cassius's boat, which made it rock again.

While trying to catch her breath,s he growled, "You fool! Where is my spear!?"

Wicked Basket

"Down there," Cassius told her pointing at the water. "You're lucky you're not down there with it."

visualspice

Red Sun grit her teeth as that moment all came flooding back to her. And she cursed. But then as she thought back to it she looked towards Cassius.
"You went after me?"
Maybe he really was a fool.

Wicked Basket

"There was no way I was going to let a body of water steal the glory that is to be mine," Cassius told her.

The crocs were getting closer. Since Cassius' boat was turned over, all they had to use was what was left in Red Sun and Yasmin's boat. Cassius still had his sword and Yasmin had her spear, but that wouldn't mean much against and entire horde of angry lizards.

visualspice

Red Sun glared at Cassius. She could have hit him!
"If you wanted me dead you should have left me down there!" And she was so pissed about it, that when another crocodile snapped at the boat nearest to her, she released an angered growl and punched it square in the snout.

Wicked Basket

"That wouldn't have been any fun," Cassius replied. "Where is the honor in drowning?"

As Cassius spoke, he turned and kicked a croc off of the boat as it tried to lunge at him.

"Besides, if you had drowned then you would have missed out on all this excitement."

Rhindeer

Yasmin had been doing her best to stave off the crocs, and had almost gotten her leg bit once by a bold croc that reared from the water and at her boat. That had been her near-mistake; she'd been half-distracted by the drama that played out in the opposite boat, and there was only so much she could do to keep away the crocodiles on her own!

But it seemed Red Sun would live. Which was a relief, since though she didn't know the woman, she was all she had in her new life, and also a surprise.

Cassius had saved her?

And he may or may not have known it, but he was the only one among them who could have. Yasmin didn't know mouth to mouth, and she couldn't have crossed over to that boat even if she did! If she'd tried, Cassius would have had to rescue two drowning victims!

But though they were both alive, they were hardly out of danger, clinging to an overturned boat, Red Sun unarmed, excited crocs trying to latch onto them. Red Sun seemed to be doing okay with her bare fists! (Yeesh.) But the crocs also just kept on coming...

It was only a matter of time.

With a sigh of frustration, Yasmin smacked a croc away with the side of her spear as it lunged for her, and then turned to the other slaves manning the boat. "Get us closer!" she ordered, and soon the boat was moving, approaching the overturned one.

"Red Sun! Get on," she called, but said nothing of Cassius, and didn't even look at him.

He was, after all, a slaver. And saving Red Sun didn't change that.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Red Sun cut a glare his way before turning to Yasmin and leaping, as best she could, into the boat. She landed in a crouch and was quick to rise, ordering a new spear. And soon she was armed and at Yasmin's side, thrusting her spear towards another croc that dared to snap at them.
"Hakeshana's name, are these crocs pissed. Aim for their eyes! They can't kill what they can't see!"

Wicked Basket

Cassius scowled as Red Sun leaped to her own boat. Typical. Behind him one of his slaves were nabbed by a croc and drug screaming into the water to be torn apart.

"Stay in the middle," Cassius ordered his remaining slave while drawing his sword. "It's time to show these bastards that I'm not on the menu."

Just then, a crocodile made a leap for Cassius. Cassius caught the reptile in the mouth with his hook, lifted it up, and stabbed its soft underbelly before shoving it back into the water.

"Come on, you overgrown salamanders! Show me what you got!"

Rhindeer

"I'd be pissed, too. Wouldn't you?" Yasmin said, right as she took careful aim and plunged her spear at one of the croc's eyes. It missed when the croc turned just in time, glancing off thick scales instead.

"We kind of did come into their nesting grounds and shake things up. Which makes for angry mama lizards."

visualspice

Red Sun made a noise, which almost could have been called a laugh.
"I'm not a mother so I can't sympathize." Though even she knew it was wrong.. it was just the way of things. The slaves obeyed their orders like dogs. And if theyre to kill, they kill. And she was long over due to make her master happy and the whip lash marks on her back were proof of that.

When the crocodile returned, she gave an angered call and thrust her spear with all of her might, and jammed the thing clean into the croc's eye.

Wicked Basket

This was definitely an experience that Cassius would remember for a long time. He was fighting crocodiles on an overturned boat in the middle of a river. This would definitely be conversation worthy if he actually conversed with people.

As he continued beating off crocodiles, one came up from behind him. Cassius' remaining slave jumped onto the beast and began pummeling it with his fist as hard as he could, giving Cassius enough time to turn around and do away with the scaly beast. The slaves eyes lit up as Cassius gave him a nod. Coming from Cassius, a nod was the greatest compliment he had ever received. However, it was short lived as yet another croc arrived and plucked the poor soul from the boat in an instant.

"Aw come on," Cassius shouted after the croc. "He finally did something useful."

With a sigh, Cassius continued fighting for his life. How was he going to get himself out of this one?