Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Practice Makes Perfect

Started by visualspice, May 16, 2014, 03:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Friend? Red Sun blinked. That was definitely a surprise indeed, and she was not exactly prepared to hear that sort of statement- especially not from Cassius of all people.

"You have a strange view on friends,"s he told him with a frown. But he was right- it was ironic. They both tried to kill one another in the arena. Or... was he just letting her win? The very idea of that made her more upset then the idea of him claiming her a friend, and she soon dropped her gaze angrily to her food (that of which she had yet to touch).
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

"Well how am I supposed to know how the whole 'friend' thing works? I've never had any before."

One of the slave girls giggled slightly at that statement, but then immediately fell silent when Cassius' gaze fell upon her. The slave girl quickly grabbed his empty dishes and scurried away.

visualspice

Even his own slaves were laughing, and if she didn't know better, the girl had been giggling at them both.
"I couldn't tell you what a friend was, I never had any. I've always been a slave, just a slave; and my only interactions with anyone else were always at Karime's orders."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

"Well Karime's head is so far up his ass that it would be easier to just push it the rest of the way through rather then pulling it out," Cassius commented.

Cassius never missed an opportunity to insult Karime. Then he realised that he and Red Sun had many things in common. They were both warriors, they both hated Karime, they both were slaves though in different ways. No. She was a slave, he was a wealthy merchant. How could they possibly be similar? Cassius slammed his fist onto the table as he fought the urge to yell at Red Sun and tell her to get out of his head. That would only make things worse though because then she would know that she was in his head. Why was this so hard?
Red Sun- slave.
Cassius- wealthy merchant.
It wasn't a hard thing to differentiate between the to, so why was it becoming so difficult?

visualspice

If Red Sun weren't so poised as a warrior,s he would have jumped in her seat. But as it stood, she simply peered over at Cassius.
"I don't think beating your table will do much of any good. Karime will still be Karime and.... well, that's just how things are."

Wicked Basket

"I know how things are," Cassius snapped abruptly standing up. "Maybe I'll just beat Karime into a big greasy paste!"

Cassius hurled his chair across the room suddenly enraged for no good reason. Anger was all he ever knew. He was angry at Karime because he was an arrogant fool. He was angry at Essyrn for being so corrupted. He was angry at his father for never telling him he was good enough or proud of him. He was angry at Red Sun for falling into his arms and causing him to question everything he knew. It felt as though his head was going to burst at any second.

visualspice

At his sudden outburst, Red Sun shot up from her chair.
"What's the matter with you?" she snapped. "We're not in the arena. Why are you throwing your furniture at the wall?" And the thing was in pieces on the floor. She peered down at it, then over at him, her face wrinkling in disapproval. She could not have known all of what he was going through- for her problems seemed rather simple-

She was a slave, and her life would never be hers. And she had to fight and bleed every day for an arrogant prick whom she didn't even like. But she was too proud to be anything but the best of what she was, but even now, that foundation was crumbling-

But if Cassius wanted to fight, she wasn't just about to sit there and let him possibly hurl a chair at her. Was he secretly a mad man? Perhaps it would explain why he throws himself in the ring...
But he had something about him.... something...
She just couldn't put her finger on.

Wicked Basket

"Everything's the matter," Cassius shouted. "Karime, this city, the people....Even you!"

Cassius grabbed another one of the many chairs that surrounded the table and hurled that one as well. This was followed by more chairs with no sign of him stopping, the remains of the broken chairs piling up against the wall.

visualspice

At first, all Red Sun could do was watch, but after a while, something inside even her broke as she crossed the distance between them and halted Cassius by grabbing onto his arms.
"What the hell are you doing!? Are you crazy!? Are you still drunk!?"

Wicked Basket

Cassius had just grabbed another chair when Red Sun grabbed his arm, causing him to stop. More physical contact. Cassius' grip on the chair loosened until he eventually let go and sat down on the table, his breathing heavier from the sudden violent expenditure of energy.

"Crazy sounds like a good word for it," he said softly. "I should've just taken my foot off your damn chain. Then none of this would have happened."

visualspice

Red Sun blinked.
"What are you talking about?" She frowned. "Are you pissed over that?" She shook her head. "Shouldn't I be the one upset over that?"
He DID do it to make her angry, after all.

Wicked Basket

"I'm fine with how it began. It's the way that it ended."

Cassius get off the table and took a few steps away from Red Sun before stopping with his back to her.

"Doesn't anything about what happened during that fight bother you?"

visualspice

"Ended?" Red Sun blinked again, eyes searching his curiously. What did he mean? What was he going on about? He had beat her, but just as his expression changed to... something else, she felt her heart skip a bit and clench within her chest.

The ending...
And she recalled being in his arms and blushed. But at his words, she shook her head.
"What do you mean?" She tried to act nonchalant, as if nothing did.  At least not that. "Of course.... I lost..."

Wicked Basket

"You know what happened," Cassius shouted. "I just saw you blush! Karime started yelling and you fell into me. You know full well what I'm talking about. Ever since that happened I can't get you out of my head. Why is that?! Why?!"

It was safe to say that Cassius had now officially lost his cool. Emotions had never been a problem for him because he had never had any. At least until now. He didn't understand what these new sensations were and he wanted, no needed, answers.

visualspice

At his accusing her of the blush, her eyes went a bit wide, her own current blush heating, even unto her ears before she growled at him, baring her teeth in displeasure.

"And so you seek to throw chairs about the room because of your own confusion!?" She snapped. "Karime startled me, I fell." And though that was true...
The reaction... she was not about to press in on that. Because if she did...
She was not about to open herself to Cassius, not to anyone, and she garded herself with a venomous gaze against him. Why was he bringing this up now!? Why couldn't he just forget it like she had? There wasn't even anything of it...

Right? Because that's what she had to believe. She had to. As he stated...
She was a slave. And he- always a master.

Wicked Basket

"Exactly," Cassius said. "So if it's such an insignificant event, then why can't I forget it?"

Cassius was on the verge of losing his marbles a second time, and there were plenty of chairs and breakable objects in the room. It obvious how stressed he was. Though he didn't say it and would never ask for it, he needed help. Red Sun, being the only person readily available as well as the only person that ever talks to him, was the only one who could help him at the moment. Cassius was a slaver. He was always in control, but right now he was not. He needed to regain control.....over himself.

visualspice

"Maybe it's the alcohol," she growled. "I don't know? Why are you looking at me as if I might know the answers?" For she got quite defensive over this, feeling almost like a cornered animal, and was completely on edge still by his chair smashing- and now.... well... this.
"You should get a hold of yourself. Take out this aggression in the ring" Because those sorts of things... well, even she could understand. But this?
This was just awkward, and she'd rather be done with it.

Wicked Basket

Frustrated that he still did not get his answer, Cassius anger boiled over once again. This time though, he went for the table. Bending his knees, he got under the table and started lifting, veins and muscles bulging from the stress. Eventually, he managed to turn the massive table over onto its side. Cassius simply stared at it while breathing heavily. No matter how much he destroyed and no matter how hard he hit, he couldn't get the answers he sought. The three slave girls rushed out to see what that loud bang was and became frozen in shock when they saw the destruction. It was a lot even for Cassius.

Cassius buried his face in his only hand and sighed. His strength couldn't help him here. That was a fact that was a bit difficult to accept for a man like him, but that's how it was. Strength would not help. This was a matter of the mind, but where should he start?

visualspice

This was madness. She could not believe what she just witnessed as she cried out his name just before he uprighted the table in one loud, clamoring noise. Gritting her teeth, her heart was pumping loudly within her ears.

By Hakeshna's name, what on earth was going on!?

Seeing how Cassius appeared nearly sobbing by now, after throwing such a tantrum,s he gritted her teeth-a nd said the only thing she could think of-

"I'm leaving. You can have fun destroying your own home- but I want no part of this."
And it was something that was long over due. She should have been trying to sneak out of the city, or returning back to Karime's manor, long before he awoke-
But she ended up over sleeping, and Cassius's home was large. She could easily get lost in it, but thankfully her feet carried her swiftly, and soon she was making her way towards the front door.

What was she thinking? Offering to buy him a drink? The man was crazy! And how was it that he kept thinking of her!? Yes.. this was all madness.S he wanted no part of this!

Wicked Basket

Cassius said nothing as Red Sun announced her departure and quickly left the room. She wouldn't be the first to run away from him like that nor would she the last. With nothing else to do, Cassius dropped to the floor and just sat there, his slaves still petrified where they stood and stared at him. He scared everyone away. It was just how he was. Cassius was a big, intimidating man, which was both a blessing and a curse. Most conflicts could be resolved by his mere presence, but it also meant that no one wanted to be around him because they were afraid. And now, after everything that had happened at the tavern last night with Red Sun, things would only get worse. Everyone would think he had grown soft. They would think that he had feelings for Red Sun, and they would mock him to no end. That, however, his strength could fix. Anyone who so much as uttered a single word would be broken. If they wanted to be afraid of him, then he would give them a damn good reason to fear.