Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Practice Makes Perfect

Started by visualspice, May 16, 2014, 03:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Too bad the crowd had other ideas. Being upset not much was happening during this fight- some of hte audience begna to throw things, and thankfully, at first, they were simply rocks that did not hit their mark, but as more and more spectators began to participate in this, the rocks were getting dangerously close to hitting Red Sun-
and the crocodile that was beginning to get riled up again. A few rocks smacked at it's flesh and it opened it's jaw in defiance, and while the crocodile was getting pissed off it was being hit- a rock suddenly landed and hit Red Sun on the side of her head-
and down she went, blood gushing down from the wound.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

Booing and complaining was one thing, but this violent show of disorder certainly could not be allowed. In order to restore order, Cassius decided to go straight to the top: The Shah. This rock throwing was interfering with the fight and preventing a fair one-on-one challenge between the two combatants. Cassius explained his concerns to the Shah in hopes that order could be restored so that the fight could continued unhindered.

visualspice

When Cassius dared to near the Shah, a number of her guards stood in his way.
"Who dare approaches the Great Shah?" one asked, his voice booming over the boo of the crowds.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

"I do," Cassius replied with his own booming voice to match the guard. "I wish to speak with concerning the utter anarchy that is arising in the Colloseum. There should not be such chaos in the Shah's presence."

visualspice

"And who are you to approach our Shah?" the guard spat. "If the Shah is displeased, she can act on her own."

Wicked Basket

"I am Cassius, a wealthy slave trader," he replied with authority. "The Shah is young. Perhaps she needs guidance."

visualspice

The guard could not believe the audacity of this man.
"The Shah is Hakeshna's vessel, she needs no help from any man unless it is she who comes to seek you."

Wicked Basket

"If the Shah needs no help from any man, then why don't you let her decided whether or not she will have an audience with me instead of you deciding for her."

visualspice

The Shah herself glared from up high upon her throne as she demanded, "What is going on here?"
And her guards turned to her and said, "Your grace, this man requests an audience with you."

"Here and now?" the young woman stated, sounding astounded at such an idea.

"He believes you need his counseling," one of the guards said with disgust.

It was here the Shah looked away from her guards over the Cassius as she narrowed her gaze upon him.
"You there, who are you to approach me?"

Wicked Basket

"I am Cassius," he replied strongly. "Wealthy slave trader and champion of the arena."

He said nothing more for he had been asked for nothing more. If she wanted him to continue then she would tell him to.

visualspice

Persea's eyes wavered as she registered what he said. But she did not wave him to approach her just yet, but allowed him to stand just beneath her in the stands.
"And what is it you wish to speak to me about?"

Wicked Basket

"This," he replied pointing to the rowdy crowd. "This chaos is not fitting for your presence. Order must be restored. Surely you cannot allow such lawlessness under your watch."

visualspice

Persea's lips were drawn into a tight line as she observed what he was saying. It was unsettling to say the least, but what could she do? Even as the Shah, she was but one against an entire stampeding hoard.

"These are my people," she told him after a time. "And this is their way to show their displeasure." And she paused, her frown deepening. "Are you saying all of these people could act so wrongly in my presence?" Yes.. perhaps just accepting this was much better than trying to contend. For even she was not so naive to see it was a daunting and near impossible task- Shah or not.

Wicked Basket

"They are acting wrongly," Cassius told her. "Just look around and see. Not only will this interfere with the present fight, but it could severely piss off the giant gator. You remember what happened when that giant snake got angry, it ate one of the spectators. Who's to say that this croc will stop after just one?"

visualspice

Persea's eyes went wide with fear at such a revelation. Surely that sort of chaos could not happen again? But the nervous glance she gave to her nearby advisors spoke volumes. She was definitely nervous, and definitely now more uncertain over the outcome of this fight since she spoke to him- for but moments ago she was sitting pretty on her throne. But now? Now the risk seemed far too real. Setting her jaw and trying to refind her own strength, she squared off her shoulders and spoke down to him.
"And what would you do to quell such a crowd?" For the crowd was acting like one large stampede of crazed animals. They wanted blood, and were roaring for it, but still, Red Sun and the crocodile had yet to drop an ounce. And the clock was ticking.. and the crowd was growing more irate.

Wicked Basket

"You are the Shah," Cassius replied. "What would you have me do, Your Highness?"

visualspice

Persea faltered, but she did not wish to show her weakness. She kept her chin raised proudly, her shoulders thrown back as she groped for a solution. But inspite of herself, her brain seemed to be running dry. Perhaps it was the heat. And in retort, she simply stated, "What can you do?" and eyed him carefully. He was but one man, after all.

Wicked Basket

"I am the best fighter Essyrn has ever known," he replied. "No man or beast has ever bested me in the arena."

visualspice

Persea stared at him skeptically.
"And how can that help us here?" She was growing as agitated as the crowd, but for good reason, for the crowd was seeming to take on an entity all of it's own- like a raging beast-
and raging beasts were never a safe thing to be around.

Wicked Basket

"Sometimes being feared is better than being loved," Cassius told her. "I am feared by everyone in Essyrn. They will listen to me for they know that I can break them if they don't."