Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Practice Makes Perfect

Started by visualspice, May 16, 2014, 03:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The Shah hesitated but a moment before asking, "And you think you can break them all?" For even she wasn't entirely convinced one man could take on a nation.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

Cassius turned and sized up the crowd for a moment before turning to face the Shah once more.

"Not all of them," he admitted. "But I could definitely take on a good number of them."

visualspice

It was at about this time that Red Sun dared turned to the audience and shouted her angered cries at them. Though the only thing that seemed to steel her rage was the moment she noticed a lone figure she recognized in the crowd- Cassius.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

"So, good Shah," Cassius concluded. "What shall you have me do?"

This seemed to be going well. If Cassius could get the Shah's blessing then no one could oppose him. No one would dare argue with the Shah, especially since he was making her make the call. Being commanded by her to do something would be much more impactful than him asking her to do something. This should work nicely.

visualspice

Persea pressed her lips together, keeping them closed and flat. Her eyes flickered, her mind raced over what she should do. She wasn't about to bless this man with enough power to possibly outshine her own, when she gestured for him to stand aside.

"I will not need your services unless I call upon it. But I will put an end to this chaos."
And standing as tall as she could at her minimal height, she looked out angrily to the crowd and commanded the man beside her, "Blow the horn to end this fight. And make the announcement known that chaos is not tolerated before the Shah!"

And with a nod, a tall, obsidian skinned man beside her stood up and lifted a great, crooked horn to his lips and blew into it three times. First, it was long and powerful, enough that it shook her ears and the stands all around her. The second two were much briefer, but powerfully blown none the less. Then once some of the crowds attention began to look her way, the man bellowed out the command, "This fight shall cease! By order of the great Shah, Persea! She decrease, by virtue of our great Goddess Hakeshna, that no chaos shall reign before her!"

And with that, the crowd began to roar, and Red Sun stood there, stunned, as the portcullis began to raise with the slow, heavy clinking of it's chains.

Wicked Basket

Cassius bowed and moved aside as he was told. His plan had worked. The fight had ceased, and no one could argue with the will of the Shah. Looks like there was some brain under all that brawn of his.

"I take my leave, almighty Shah," Cassius said with a bow. "I wish you well."

With that, Cassius went down to ensure that the chaos would stay ended, but he doubted his services would be required. After all, the Shah's word was final.

visualspice

Not wasting another moment, as the crocodile was looking mighty eager to have this end as well, she dashed across the Colosseum and exited as fast as she could. And she was elated for once to be put back into her cell, where she waited there for her master to come pick her up and take her home.

And she found herself suddenly smirking.
Boy would Karime be pissed!

Wicked Basket

Cassius decided it would be best for him to assist in the apprehension of the giant crocodile. They couldn't just leave the beast in the arena. It would have to be put in some sort of cage for the meantime. The question was how do you subdue such a monster and get it into a cage. As he pondered this question, he walked right past Red Sun's cell and he couldn't resist.

"I see you're still in one piece," Cassius stated casually. "Though just barely."

visualspice

Just as Cassius strolled by, she instantly dropped her smirk. Her eyes narrowed as she approached the bar.
"If anything, I'm a little tired. I guess I must've bored the Shah. Stopping the fight like that... maybe Karime will retire me after this." And as she studied Cassius through the bars, she held her tongue. As much as she wanted to ask him what he was doing up there, she couldn't do it. Her pride got in the way.

Wicked Basket

Cassius merely grinned and chuckled slightly.

"You're welcome," he said simply.

He then began walking away to go see about the giant croc problem that the arena was currently facing.

visualspice

Red Sun shook her head as he left. He was a strange one, but then again...that man just saved her life. And when she realized she was grinning again, she turned her back to the bars to hide it.

Wicked Basket

Just as he had anticipated, the croc did not want to go quietly. Despite the populace's general dislike for him, they did not turn down his assistance in subduing the scaly beast. With only minor casualties, the beast was put into a cage to await another fight in the arena. Cassius was in quite a good mood that he had come out on top in this whole ordeal, and when he saw Karime he couldn't resist.

"You don't have much luck with giant reptiles do you?"

visualspice

Karime's skin was red with anger and sweating as he dabbed his brow with a silk towel. And when Cassius approached, his eyes flared.
"And here is the man who wastes his time on slaves," he sneered. "What did you say to the Shah? Why did my fight end?"

Wicked Basket

"Here is the man who wastes his time on completely ridiculous fights," Cassius countered. "I was merely a voice of reason amidst the chaos. I simply suggested that she not allow such chaos and lawlessness in her presence, and she agreed. I knew no one could oppose the will of the Shah."

visualspice

Karime sneered.
"Save your breath, fighter. I know what you're really after, and I'll see to it you'll never have it."
He snapped his fingers to his men.
"Come. Get Red Sun. We're heading home. Now."
He didn't want to waste another minute in Cassius's presence, for he knew if he did, he'd lose his cool and who knew where his temper would lead him.

Wicked Basket

Cassius chuckled to himself at how mad Karime was. He wasn't sure what exactly Karime thought what he was after, but he decided to just let Karime's imagination run wild. Today, he had won. Now all that there was to do was go celebrate with the intake of much alcohol.

visualspice

The great crocodile hunt would be coming up soon- and with such a considerably embarrassing loss in the arena, Karime was more agitated than ever. And as he and his entourage were storming off, Red Sun in town, the red haired warrior chanced one glance back to Cassius and the disappearing Colosseum- wondering what would happen if she ran into Cassius next. Her life had been considerably more interesting since their random 'rendez-vous'-
and as he and the crowd seemed to vanish from sight, her mind drifted back to that time she had fallen clumsily into his arms.

OOC: I figure this thread is finished here :)
Feel free to have Cassius run into her in this thread if you wish!