Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hopelessly Lost [Open]

Started by Terrick, June 12, 2014, 09:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan had heard what Vivian had asked him. Jordan had decided to remain silent, he didn't want the situation to get worse. He slowly said,

"Just thought I'd check in on the girl who fell from the sky." He finished with the same tone he used when he first saw her.

He couldn't help but grin as he said his sentence. He continued to stay in the exact same spot. His grin quickly reverted back to a neutral expression. He began to sidestep a bit to his left. He didn't want to followed by the sound of his voice so stopped only a few feet away from where he originally was. He sat down, awaiting a response.

Terrick

Bryer's hand paused, but he let it rest on his satchel, just in case.

"Although the lady can speak for herself, I think it's safe to say she's fine, thank you. Since you don't sound interested in anything more, I'd invite you to move along, if you don't mind. You're coming across as a bit of a pervert, I have to say."

He leaned in to nuzzle Vivian's neck to further his point, and try to hide his mouth as he whispered as quietly as possible.

"If I toss something..." he questioned, war breath and lips tickling her pointed ear. "Can you draw and cut in one move?"

He might not recognize the weapon at her size, but he was far from stupid. Single edge, slightly curved, it was designed similarly to an axe, meant to focus the swing on a small portion of the blade, producing a powerful stroke. While he would rather avoid a fight, a distraction was well within his means.

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan had felt a bit insulted by the term "pervert", but decided not to respond. Jordan stood up very slowly and began to stretch himself out a little more. He felt like he would need it.  He wasn't the best conversationalist, he was used to hiding and staying out of sight. He could tell that these people didn't want him around, but he felt intrigued by this form of magic he has never seen before. He sat back down and remained silent. He didn't want to cause trouble, nor did he want to be caught up in it. He slightly tightened his hood and closed his eyes hoping that this wouldn't lead to any sort of conflict.

chandonr

"Yes, I'm fine, but you coming out of the shadows is quite odd, so if I were you, I would get to moving," She had a neutral tone, she really just wanted the guy in the shadows to leave. She felt like this was extremely awkward. Vivian did laugh was she heard Bryer talk about the guy coming across as a pervert, cause it was true.

Vivian turned her head away from the other man and towards Bryer's ear. "I could finish him before he said another word, but honestly, I don't think he has intentions on harming us. I think he might just be....weird."

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan slowly lowered his head. He had always come off weird or iterating. He was used to it by now. He continued to stay silent and continued to sit. He couldn't see what the two were doing, but he didn't get a good feeling off of it. He carefully stood and tried to sneak to another booth. He quickly walked inside of it and tried to hide himself under the counter. He let out a very quiet snarl, he couldn't believe that he was hiding already. It was his instinct,  he didn't want to judge his own instinct.

"Darn it all. " he murmured under his own breath.

He also said,

"I cannot...will not allow myself to be found."

The words of encouragement allowed Jordan to stay put. He didn't say anything more and quietly hid.

Terrick

"Alright, I'll grant that you don't seem intent on causing trouble, and the fact of the matter is I'm not interested in seeing anyone get hurt, or worse."

His grip of Vivian's mid-section clutched slightly, as the figure disappeared out of sight. Breathing a little easier, he leaned back against the tree.

"I have the feeling whoever that was, was more intimidated by you than me. At least, I would be. So let me say thank you Vivian. Especially for not striking out at him. I meant it when I said I didn't want to see anyone get hurt, if it could be avoided."

He smiled softly; he's been called a coward before, but that wasn't the truth. He just couldn't stand to see suffering, even if it was in his own defence.

chandonr

Vivian could hear a rumbling in the bushes in front of her. The sounds were going away from her, so she could only think that the man had left into some other territory. Her faint smile reappeared on her face, and she turned to face back towards Bryer.

"Well it is my job to defend and protect. I don't plan on hurting people that aren't trying to hurt others, like I said, I'm a defender,"

Quick flashbacks went through her head of times when she was in intense battle. Her smile went away for a few seconds, she blinked a couple of times, and then she smiled once again. She pushed the thoughts out of her mind.

"So, are you ready to go?"

Terrick

Bryer noticed as her face faltered a moment, but he didn't call attention to it.

"I'm ready whenever you are, dear lady."

His wry grin returned, a sparkle lighting in his eyes as he returned both his hands to her hips, gently easing her closer to him.

"If I remember, you said we needed to be close, was that right? I must say, I kind of hope this magic takes a little while to work."