Stone Wares

Started by Slightly Awkward New Guy, June 12, 2014, 11:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slightly Awkward New Guy

Chink

Chink

Chink

Clink!

A blacksmith's work was never done, Alex thought to himself as he wiped sweat from his brow. He was hammering impurities out of what would eventually be a very fine file used in pottery that he was making for someone. It was an easier job than some, but it required a fine eye to detail. He had to be careful. However, now it was time for the fun part.

A thrilling rush of something special filled the man. His easy grin grew just a tab wider on his face as gravity itself bent to his whim. The file was carefully carved from what it was, gravity finely etching the needed details. For such an esteemed customer, he added a nice dragon motif on it as well, to make it look pretty as it was used. And then, he was done. Of course, he couldn't cool it just get, that would make it shatter. He had a few more steps to go...

And done! it had taken another 45 minutes, perhaps, but it was done. And a perfect job too. This should last the man for a few years, really. He placed it on a table and began to clean up. He didn't really have any more orders to fulfill, unless someone was going to come in, of course. Perhaps he could close early...

Ferr Windston

Keeping his head down and the cloak covering his armor close to his face, Damion kept to the side of the path up to the smiths door. He almost hoped he'd never have to return to this kingdom again unless something dire was happening, but alas he needed to. With his new weapon in ruins, and small interest in the happenings of the state of the kingdom, the Holy Warrior found his way back to Connlaoth. He knocked on the door to the black smiths shoppe and opened the door. His tall stature found itself taking up most of the door way with a tattered cloak and wrapped blade in hand.

With his blue eyes looking around the room, the man took a deep sigh and lowered his cloaks hood. "Hello? I am looking for someone to repair this Falx."

Slightly Awkward New Guy

Suddenly, there was a slight rapping sound on the door. In trigued, Alex stopped his motion to turn off the forge, and turned to greet whoever it was would had showed up. When the door opened, Alex was momentarily startled by the man's height. He couldn't see much of him, all covered up like that, but Alex didn't feel threatened. After the man spoke, the older man made his way over to the newcommer, stepping around his workbench.

"Hello!" He greeted and held out his arm to grasp or be grasped in the typical way Connlaothians did. "Here, let me take a look at your falx to see what I can do." He finished, brown eyes scanning the covered equipment.

Ferr Windston

Carefully, Damion undid the knot that held the tarp around the weapon. It was gravely dull and the blade was on the verge off gaining a crack in the middle. It had even gained a chip at the backside, being the hold of a great block while in battle. Damion looked at the blade with pity. "I had found it while out on an adventure with some people a little while back. It came in handy, so I didn't want to just discard it. I have become fond of this sword. Is there anything you can do sir?"

The holy warrior in disguise looked down at the blacksmith with hope in his eyes and voice. Being a man breaching into his twenties, he held hope that this weapon could be put to use inside his arsenal. The Connlaothian rubbed his armored fist, in hoping faith.

Slightly Awkward New Guy

A sharp whistle escaped his lips as the blacksmith examined the blade. There was some serious damage to it. Any mistake could cause the blade to snap, really. Normally, Alex would have recommended a new weapon, but if he had emotional attachment to it...

He gave a sharp look, his eyebrows narrowed a bit, "This could be tricky, but I can do it. It'd take a few hours for most of it as I don't really need to reforge it, and sharpening it won't take too long. I can get started and finish well before the sun goes down. If you'd like, you can stay and watch."

((If you stay and watch, I can guarantee we'll be fighting a demon before we're finished, lol.))

Ferr Windston

"Your time will be well paid my good sir." Damion nodded and stepped to the side. The man's great sword began to stick out of his cloak. It's holy tint lighting up the room some.  "I would like to stay and watch...But I must go out and pick up some things I need for my next journey. I will come back soon to see." Damion nodded his head before making his way out the door.

(Don't think you want to go through all that. Unless you'd want to...)

Slightly Awkward New Guy

((I'm all for causing problems with my character. xD It's up to you, in the end.))

A nod later, and it was done. "Alright then. Feel free to stop by and see how it's going." And with that, the other man went to leave. Alex, however, had work to do. He eyed the blade critically, figuring out just what kind of ingot he would have to use for this. The blade was seriously damaged at an important place, and it might be better if Alex were to just reforge it.

He tested it's weight and balance, and swung it a few times. Frowning a bit, he got down to work, using his gift to guide his way. It wouldn't be obvious as to what he was doing. In fact, it looked like he was just a talented smith, and he was. There was just more to it than that. Slowly, time passed as he worked his trade, fixing the curved blade.

Ferr Windston

Damion looked around the as he went from picking up dried fruit, nuts and things of that sort. He had bought a good deal of new wrappings for any medical needs that will come in the future. The warrior began to think back to his childhood. How he lived an honest life with his father, whom he missed ever so greatly. It was only after that part of his mind returned to reality did he release he had been moving unconsciously back to the smith's shop.

With a deep sigh, Damion opened up the door, walking back in. This time, he allowed his hood to come down, scanning the room with his icy blue eyes and combing back his snow white hair. Standing by the door with a renewed sack of items, the wanderer moved about to see the smith in his work.

Slightly Awkward New Guy

The curved weapon was almost done. Alex had finished repairing the weapon itself, and had reinforced it a bit more as well. Now, all he had to do was sharpen it. When his customer returned to watch, the whetstone was spinning rapidly as Alex pressed the blade against it just right to make it sharper. It wouldn't be easily seen, but he was manipulating gravity in many subtle ways during this process to make it sharper without making it too thin. The end product would be amazingly sharp. You'd be able to shave with the blade.

He was unaware of just exactly how things could go wrong here.

Ferr Windston

Damion removed his cloak, and took off his enchanted armor protecting his curse mark. He was bliss to the fact that magic was now being used. "Sir, after you are finished there, may I pay you to construct an armored band for me?" With his mark exposed, and back turned, the flow of magic was attracted to the marking. It took a moment for Damion to sense it being influenced before he rushed over to examine Alex's work.

As he saw the blade floating with magic, his eyes grew big. The wall to the side began to crack and break apart with a portal forming. "Damn it all! My ignorance!" He roared before launching himself to the side, grabbing his blade. "Sir, gain cover!"

Slightly Awkward New Guy

He was just about to reply to his question when suddenly, portal. Blanching, he hefted a hammer. He wasn't trained as a fighter. Worst comes to worst, he could, but he wasn't trained. Still, that didn't mean he was helpless. Once it left his range, Alex knew he wouldn't be able to guide it. But while it was... He waited until whatever it was would start to exit the portal. He wasn't sure what was going on, but if he went for his blade... As soon as it started to show, Alex heaved the heavy hammer, gravity guiding it to gain momentum as it where it was headed was straight down and gravity was 5x as normal. In an instant, 10ft was covered, but the reduced gravity and how it was angled meant it kept on track. The hammer hitting it on the head like that might not kill it, but it might stun it. Still, you never know. It could be intangible to his weapon, or many other things.

Regardless, Alex ducked for cover under a workbench.

Ferr Windston

Out of the portal a dark bodied man came running. The hammer, with all it's force, decapitated the demon, however the body kept running at the two men. Damion threw himself at the demon, sword swinging with might. As the blade met skin, the darkness brightened with a blue fire. The body wormed in pain, but didn't stop trying to attack. It's head bounced, near comically, over to Alex.

The warrior continued, getting kicked in the chest and flown to the back of the shop. He coughed up a drop of blood and wiped his brow. "This one hurts."

Slightly Awkward New Guy

((Sorry again. Things are kind of rough for me lately, but I wanted to post something.))

The headless demon had caught on fire, but even then it wasn't finished, having kicked his customer hard across the room. In all of his years, Alex had never had a customer die on him, and he wouldn't let it happen today. He rolled out from under the table to grab the short bow hanging on the wall. His picked up an arrow, and swiftly compressed gravity in certain areas on the arrow-head just right to carve a rune into it. He aimed, notched the arrow, aimed again, and fired it into the evil thing's legs. The rune, should it hit, would activate, freezing the entire leg and the fire itself around the leg in an eery ice. Hopefully, this would limit i's movement enough for the warrior to finish it off. Alex wasn't trained to deal with demons.

Ferr Windston

Damion, watching the arrow flying, saw the demon yell in pain. The arrow punctured it's leg, quickly freezing it into the floor. As it struggled to remove it's leg from captivity, the warrior took this golden opportunity to strike. With it's mobility disabled, Damion took a few powerful strides across the room, ramming his blade through the demon and pinning it to the floor. He took a step back, watching as it wormed it's arms and free leg around.

Raising his fist into the air, Damion's arm glowed with a heavenly aura. Like a judges gavel, his arm dropped onto the demon's chest, forcing it to stop. Killing it with holy magic combined with a man's brute force.

However, the matter of the demon's head was still upon them. It was now a separate entity, hiding somewhere in the shop. The warrior looked over to the owner, one eye closed with sweat burning it. "Have you seen it's head? We must also get rid of it now it's body is dealt with."     

Slightly Awkward New Guy

Everything was happening so fast, Alex could hardly keep up with it all. He still wasn't sure what that thing ven was, or why it attacked them, and hopefully the man wouldn't connect the force of the hammer blow with magic. It could have easily been adrenaline, right? But that arrow... He could say it was a gift. That he didn't know.

Still, that was neither here nor there. Right now, he needed to find it's head. His eyes swiftly scanned the room, before finally alighting on his thrown hammer. Next to it, about to leap, was the head! He thrust his hand in it's direction and cried out, "Over there!" as he back-peddled to get further away. He may have cheated with that arrow, but he was no fighter. Just a simple blacksmith.

Ferr Windston

"Good!" Damion replied before he threw his hand forward towards the demon's head. Out of his body, a pulse of magical energy erupted in a narrow path. The magic forced the head to be pinned to a wall. It, just like it's body began to squirm. Breathing heavily, Damion's bundle of power was slowly dying out and so was the strength of magic. He left go of the spell, and dropped his arm. The head rolled about, dazed and trying to recover. It's eyes, red and yellow, were crossed. It's fangs hung out of it's mouth, now with an under bite. 

Damion looked at the owner and shook the sweat off his head. "This place makes it way harder to use magic." With a grunt, he lifted his weak arm up to grab hold of his great sword. "The whole of Connlaoth, I mean." With a great leap, Damion swung his blade downward, cleaving the head in two. Catching ablaze, he kicked the two parts to the side and sat down. Placing his blade on the floor, the youth wiped his face of all the sweat and looked down.

He stayed silent for a moment before raising his head up to the owner, a knowing smile.

Slightly Awkward New Guy

A loud shaky laugh bubbled out from the throat of the blacksmith. He still didn't believe what just happened. This wasn't something he was used to. Taking a deep shaky breath, he turned and smiled weakly at his customer. His body was shaking a bit from the adrenaline rush leaving him suddenly. He flopped back into a chair, a skrrting sound rang out as he did so from the metal chair on the concrete below him.

He laughed again, this time in relief before shaking his head. He barely picked up what the man said as there was a faint ringing in his ears. Alex wasn't a warrior, and for this to just happen, well he wasn't ready. He wasn't ready at all. "No, it's why I'll end up leaving here one day, before I'm found out. Usually, it's easy to hide. But if stuff like this can happen?" He wavd his hand in the general direction of the fight that had happened and shakes his head again, "Luckily no one showed up. If someone does ask later, I'll say some renegade mage attacked me in here to try to get a weapon." He barked a short, unpleasant laugh, "I hate having to lie, but I have to protect myself." He stands up, and begins to walk towards him, "Well, at any rate, thank you. Your weapon is fixed, by the way. No payment is necessary for this. You saved my life."

Ferr Windston

Damion shook his head with a grim expression. "No sir I must. In fact I should pay you more." He said before standing up, and showing him his bare back. There it was, a black cross tattooed into his skin. Turning back to face Alex, the warrior shook his had before going to place his armor back on. "I have a curse. Whenever a magic come into contact with that cross, or a strong enough presence close enough to it, a demon is summoned." Lifting up his chest plate, Damion strapped the scale plate against his body and tightened it.

"This armor helps block magic, but I was going to ask if you could polish it up." The warrior sighed with defeat. "It was just a bad time when I returned."

Slightly Awkward New Guy

Shaking his head slowly, Alex repeats, "No charge on the weapon. It wouldn't be right, now." He exhales heavily, and sharpens up, "As for the polish? I don't mind. It'll be 50 gold." He chuckles, "I won't even need to do anything special." He stands up and walks over to a shelf. Scanning the contents, he picks out a small jar. There's some oil in it, which he takes and walks over to a table.

Placing it down, he nods at the man. "It'll help me forget about this, at any rate. I don't think anyone heard the commotion."

Ferr Windston

"That is probably true." Damion peeked out the door, seeing no one focusing on the shop. With a sigh of relief the warrior took off his armor and walked over to the man and the table. He laid it out before the man. It's golden trim and blue scales had become dull looking and with dirty.

Damion began to scramble for his coin purse, finding it had fallen off during the fight with the demon.  "My coin purse seems to have been lost in the fight. I am sure it is somewhere around here." He said before going on his knee's looking under every crack and hiding spot on the floor.